New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 19

1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 19

[Southside - Dragon Research]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    "Good question, let me explain. See, the material body is temporarily shifted into the eldritch realm. A realm of pure matter rather than spirit. It is a perfect division that occurs, the dragons material and spiritual components breaking off, only to mend together again in the material realm whenever the dragon wishes them to be. The dragon could do the exact opposite by shifting its spirit into the spirit realm, leaving its material body behind if it so wished. Very much like some humanoids are able to do through meditation." Ambrosia explains.

"But yes, I absolutely agree that it is a difficult process. Which is exactly why I'm so fascinated by dragons. They are the only beings capable of reanimating bodies in such a way. There are powerful spirits that could bring bodies back to life, but they come back as forms of undead. I've met one quite recently actually that was conducting research regarding that particular phenomena." She pauses with a thoughtful look on her face. "I don't suppose any of this information could help your project?"
    "Of course it could help."
    "Well, I guess it could turn out that all of this is useless without a dragon to help." Aleksei admits, chagrined. "A world of pure matter, though...." Think of the possibilities! "Imagine how much more would be possible if patients could be technically dead for a while and still come out the other side! And even if that doesn't work, like, one of the main faults with the born nephilim - you should talk to one, by the way - is their inconsistent magical expression, and I'm sure knowing more about spirit mechanics would help with that. Mostly sure. I mean we like to think we know a lot about how the world works, but really? It's a mess."
    He needs a notepad of his own, and sets to finding that after packing the diagram back away.
    "Some people can project themselves to the spirit world, we agree on that. Do you know of humanoids able to send their body to the eldritch world? You do here about that stuff, but like, in stories, like about Watch or whatever. I don't know if it's very common or even that real."
    "I mean, you say dragons are the only ones capable of reanimating bodies this way...but if I'm being optimistic, I bet we mortals can engineer around that."

[DMside - Alice]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Mia sight. "It's not that easy, and it's not only them who make the problems. Those neutral people have a bad history. Both sides used them as spies or worst." she says. "At least that's what history told us. Now people hate them for this and try to get rid of them. It is always a hard fight to calm the people down. It will need years of peace to make people think different."

Mia stops, leading them both to a big dinning room. A few robot servants have already prepared a table and the smell of delicious food seems to come from the next room.
    Mia will take place and offers Alice the other one. The robots help by being gentle and moving the chairs.

"But since I'm in the nexus, my task at hand is to get DM to the people. None get forced and we try to avoid to pushing people. They should come by themselves."
    "Yes, things are different here." Alice muses. Perhaps Nature And Nature's Goddess could make a convincing case as Mia has done...but she doubts it. Feral mindless centaurs must belong to her, rapacious raiders as wild as any mustang. To nature belong monsters.

She takes a deep breath as she finds a space at the table. The robots deserve a thanks for recognizing that the chairs wouldn't suit her and moving them away. "The dinner smells wonderful. Do the robots cook, or someone else living here?"
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-08-02 at 11:53 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

[The Lotus Gardens - Harnetta & Wenomir]

Wenomir rests his forehead on his hands.

"I don't know about this. I'm not sure what we'd be proving this way. We each know what the others can do. It's true that seeing someone fight is a good way to know their true nature, but I'm not sure if there's more to learn for me this way."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

The Empress' Estate - Tester

There is no great vision or revelation or even shock of pain or temperature when the helm is firmly seated upon his head, but once he does so The Empress gestures for him to remove it. Assuming he does so, Tester will begin to feel suddenly and greatly fatigued as the energy is drained from his body. The Empress is next to him, ready to catch him whenever he falls so she can carry him to a little alcove where another small bed awaits.

The Lotus Gardens - Mia

Jezebel is silent as Mia explains and she gives a small nod when she is finished. "Is there a certain place you wish to set up? Either in Eastside or here in the Gardens, I do not care which and I will be glad to give you support to move and set up."

The Lotus Gardens - Cessie

Waiting to meet them outside the door is an older gentleman, human, who is wearing a suit and a small dish in hand. The grey-haired man leans down when he sees the children and quirks an eyebrow effective. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Lords and Ladies. My name is Charles, and I am under the impression that good little boys and girls would be arriving today. Surely you've seen them?" He asks with a hint of a smile as he lowers a dish to show a variety of flavored hard candy suckers for them to choose from. As he does so, Ariel bursts out of the door, too excited to be polite and patient, and the little dark-haired girl instantly squeals in delight before instantly grabbing a piece of candy before trying to hug the nearest Mithar kid.

Jezebel stands in the doorway, covering her mouth with a hand in an effort to try and hide a grin and snicker.

Northside Tour

Jezebel considers the request from Celeste before giving a small nod. "Of course I'd be willing to help and even more willing to join in on the fun." She admits with a smile. "Though might I ask what the theme and the occasion is to be? I would like to dress appropriately. And perhaps I might have a plus one to my invitation?"
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2017-08-03 at 08:34 AM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

[MERC Office - A Visitor]

"Don't patronize me now." Dena replies with a smile. "I know the tricks of the trade too, not that this one is especially common." She muses. "But what you've said so far sounds promising. We do need more agents that know their way around subterfuge. However, there is the issue of trust. Lately, MERC have been infiltrated by double agents, so if you don't mind, would you sign a binding agreement?" She scoots over a piece of paper she just pulled out of a drawer. "Standard stuff."

"Yes, that has been my goal for quite some time now." Ambrosia claims. "I do know a number of people capable of manipulating the eldritch realm, and I have some connections to spirits myself which I could call upon." She contemplates. "But, first I should talk to one of these nephilim of yours. I'm should point out that I'm not even sure what your ultimate goal is here yet."

MERC Office- Kids

Spoiler: Eliseo and Faye
    Show
    They will find Koshal's phone, however it appears to be broken as something seems to have been chewing at it. The display have been destroyed by what must be a row of sharp teeth that broke off the the entire upper part of the phone which likely caused the signal to cut. This must have happened quite recently as it is still sticky with saliva, ew.

Spoiler: Iknika
    Show
    What glittered appear to be gold and silver coins that lie scattered all across the floor. However, if she looks closer, she can see that there appear to be even more valuables deeper inside. The question is, what are they even doing here?

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lotus Gardens - Harnetta and Wenomir]

A similar frown to Jezebel's is on Harnetta's face. It's really not something she ever expected to come from Wenomir, given his dedication to his philosophy. you only stop learning when you're dead.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Todd regards the paper in front of him as if it were not the important part of that last statement.
    "So you're telling me that the people willing to lie their way into a Mercenary organization for nefarious purposes are not willing to sign a paper? What's the catch Dena? Am I to expect magic police, lesser deities, sudden painful blood magic or the inability to bring harm to another living being if I sign this thing? Or just stigmatization and possible contracts on my head? Because I would rather not sign up for the former, given I have as little reason to trust someone with literally knives for bookends as they do a random man in a gas-mask."
    Todd shuffles.
    "Honestly I am more worried about tampering with powers I don't know than I am annoyed at having to sign a 'binding' document with no 'oomph.' I'm a man that likes to have all his bases covered." Todd looks at nobody on the left and right of Dena, leaning forward slightly. "That's a phrase people use here right? Because I'm not sure if that's an explicit sports reference or a military one."
    Last edited by TheRedFox201; 2017-08-03 at 02:27 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157

Dena lets go of the document and gestures towards a small symbol that has been printed on it and nods. "I've heard it, and you guessed correctly. This ain't no ordinary contract. We made quite a few of these, but I was unhappy with a lot of 'em. Too binding, too restricting, MERC ain't no slavers you know? But if you break this one, you open yourself for some repercussions. Nothing life threatening, simply a gag order that keeps you from deliberately sharing any information about MERC to non-members in any form and a spell that makes you easier to track down with magic." She shrugs. "Sign of the times, man, I don't like all this magic binding nonsense myself but as you said, we gotta cover our bases." She puts her hand on of the the 'bookends'. "And these? Just decorations, just my colorful choice of interior design." She smiles again.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-08-03 at 05:55 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158

Default [Southside - Dragon Research]

"Yes, that has been my goal for quite some time now." Ambrosia claims. "I do know a number of people capable of manipulating the eldritch realm, and I have some connections to spirits myself which I could call upon." She contemplates. "But, first I should talk to one of these nephilim of yours. I'm should point out that I'm not even sure what your ultimate goal is here yet."
    "I just try to get people better than they were. That's enough. If there's some 'ultimate goal', you'll have to find it out from the person in charge."
    Aleksei shrugs.
    "I should point out that we don't know yours either. Now, I'll see if I can find one who's up to discuss things with you. Maybe head back upstairs in the meantime?" They're not just hiding in the closets; he'll have to call and talk to them and wait for them to get over to the clinic.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC Office - Kids]

"What are coins doing here?" Iknika wonders aloud. "I don't think mercenaries would have missed treasures hidden in their own office."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

[MERC Office - Kids]

"Oh ****, this is sick." Eliseo stands up, holding the phone between two fingers. "It looks like it was trying to eat it." That's just crazy. What kinda messed up ghost is this?

[Northside Streets]

Large and obvious? Perhaps without the aid of Vax's magic. As it, they're visually indistinguishable from the people around them. The spirits will likely need some special senses to detect the group. As is, Vax is not going to stop moving toward Eastside. She may have been tempted to try and rid herself of Sticks in another scenario, with Zhareen as vulnerable as she is, the dim has one purpose.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

MERC Office-kids

Koshal groans.
    "Uncle Krayger is never going to believe me that a ghost ate my phone!" laments the squire.

Faye is noticeably less bothered than the kids and sniffs around the gross saliva the phone was sitting in. Might have enough of a scent to track.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-08-04 at 07:24 AM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Todd regards the paper in front of him.

"Right, should I use a particular name or sign it some special way?"

Todd then lifts his head from the paper to look towards Dena.

"Wait, Dena, this place has slavers?"

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post

Waiting to meet them outside the door is an older gentleman, human, who is wearing a suit and a small dish in hand. The grey-haired man leans down when he sees the children and quirks an eyebrow effective. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Lords and Ladies. My name is Charles, and I am under the impression that good little boys and girls would be arriving today. Surely you've seen them?" He asks with a hint of a smile as he lowers a dish to show a variety of flavored hard candy suckers for them to choose from. As he does so, Ariel bursts out of the door, too excited to be polite and patient, and the little dark-haired girl instantly squeals in delight before instantly grabbing a piece of candy before trying to hug the nearest Mithar kid.

Jezebel stands in the doorway, covering her mouth with a hand in an effort to try and hide a grin and snicker.

Northside Tour

Jezebel considers the request from Celeste before giving a small nod. "Of course I'd be willing to help and even more willing to join in on the fun." She admits with a smile. "Though might I ask what the theme and the occasion is to be? I would like to dress appropriately. And perhaps I might have a plus one to my invitation?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "I just try to get people better than they were. That's enough. If there's some 'ultimate goal', you'll have to find it out from the person in charge."
    Aleksei shrugs.
    "I should point out that we don't know yours either. Now, I'll see if I can find one who's up to discuss things with you. Maybe head back upstairs in the meantime?" They're not just hiding in the closets; he'll have to call and talk to them and wait for them to get over to the clinic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [MERC Office - Kids]

"Oh ****, this is sick." Eliseo stands up, holding the phone between two fingers. "It looks like it was trying to eat it." That's just crazy. What kinda messed up ghost is this?

[Northside Streets]

Large and obvious? Perhaps without the aid of Vax's magic. As it, they're visually indistinguishable from the people around them. The spirits will likely need some special senses to detect the group. As is, Vax is not going to stop moving toward Eastside. She may have been tempted to try and rid herself of Sticks in another scenario, with Zhareen as vulnerable as she is, the dim has one purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    MERC Office-kids

Koshal groans.
    "Uncle Krayger is never going to believe me that a ghost are my phone!" laments the squire.

Faye is noticeably less bothered than the kids and sniffs around the gross saliva the phone was sitting in. Might have enough of a scent to track.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [MERC Office - Kids]

"What are coins doing here?" Iknika wonders aloud. "I don't think mercenaries would have missed treasures hidden in their own office."
    [MERC Office - Kids]

Can ghosts be tracked by smell? Well, Faye can smell the saliva all over the place, and it is especially strong at the end of the basement which isn't too far away from them now.
    He's not the only one that can smell something though. It does smell rotten down here, and it is like the air is getting harder to breath.

[Northside Streets]

Nazaan simply hurries along with Vax, thanking the ancestors for her magic. They'd be sitting ducks out here otherwise with that mad metal wizard and malechenar soldiers walking the streets.

The trio will pass by a lot of soldiers who all seem to be moving towards the compound. It looks like Malechenar had quite a force marching towards them.
    However, as they approach the border between east- and north, they can see that more soldiers have gathered here, and not only that. Vax can spot what appears to be a disguised halsaite gorgon curled up in a position near the tool booth. The guards look understandably nervous by her presence despite the deep cowl that she is wearing.

"I don't know, are there?" Cessie asks with a glance at Cora. She had not expected such a welcome from Ariel though. Hopefully her children didn't demand as much personal space as she did.

Northside Tour

Celestel smiles widely. "As I said, the nobles love the grotesque, so the theme is monsters this time. Each invitation of course comes with a optional two people joining you. Most people go for a unified theme, but that is not strictly necessary here. I do would love to see what you cook up, the designs in the gardens are ever so lovely, you must have a wonderful exterior designer. I just hope they're just as good with costumes.

"Just your signature should do." Dena replies, handing him a pen. "But yes, they somehow keep that practice up. Not here specifically, but up in Skyside." She explains. "MERC is working to abolish the practice, but some mercenary organizations have no such qualms."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-08-04 at 06:42 AM.

14. - Top - End - #164

Default [Southside - Dragon Research]

By the time Ambrosia gets back upstairs and walks to the lobby there is a nephil waiting there, lounging by the door, arms crossed framing her chest, not-wings stretched up to the ceiling.

She springs, pounces even, across the room, offering a handshake that would soon result in both arms being clasped and shook about. "Well well well! When Aleksei said he had an interested academic I ought to talk to I didn't think he mean the foremost scholar in all the Nexus."
    "Commandant Ruby Ignitis, Generation One Nephil, specialist in the Army of Flame, professional volunteer. It is an honor to meet you."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #165

"I suppose that is a noble goal." Though she had her suspicions...

"But yet, let's go upstairs. I don't mind waiting." She nods and they head upstairs.

The sudden appearance of Ruby takes her by surprise though, and she smiles awkwardly as her hand is forcibly shaken. "Ah, a p-pleasure, miss. I didn't even know I had such a reputation yet. My scholarly contributions have so far been limited."

[Southside - Government Invitations]

A lone gargoyle slowly approaches the government building of Southside and soon lands before it. It is looking for a guard or a mailbox which it could hand a invitation to.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-08-04 at 02:02 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166

"And yet, you have captured the peoples' imagination like generations of explorers before you."
    Ambrosia's hand is released soon enough.
    "You want to know about dragons, and thus, people kinda like dragons, and thus, me. Where should we start?"

There is a nice public mailbox in front of the city hall building, and you can expect that any letter placed there will find its way to the intended recipient by the next morning.
    If you are in a hurry, a gargoyle could head inside and hand the message to the receptionist.
    And if one is particular about the message being in the hands of a capable guard, a police patrol should be marching by in a few minutes.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #167

Huh, interesting.
    "Yes, that's correct." She takes a deep breath, recovering after that jump. "We were talking about infusing spiritual energy into dead bodies to create new living beings, like dragons in my homeworld are capable to do."

The gargoyle goes inside and attempts to hand over the letter to the receptionist then. Hopefully it would reach the general soon enough!

18. - Top - End - #168
    Halfling in the Playground

[Fourth Tower Compound]

As his bond-servants scour the city, Sticks snarls with impotent rage and wheels Bolts back toward the compound. He intended to give Ryhe hell for this utter lack of haste. Gods help Northside's strange despot if he decided not to give Sticks what he wanted. What an utter disaster.

[The Empress' Estate - The Frescots]

"I got you loud and clear,"
    Adir assures the Empress, taking the glass and... well, to be honest, he almost downs the whole thing on reflex anyway. Maybe it'd been good that he'd been warned.

He swallows and says, voice rattling, "I need a mirror." If directed, or if there's a bathroom available, he'll go to it. Maybe one of them has a hand mirror around.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #169

"Aren't there easier ways to create new living beings?" The Commandant suggests.

The letter is received! It will be sent through security to make sure it's not cursed, explosive, full of common bioweapons, etc. But a little while later it will be on the General's desk.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #170

"I wouldn't know, creating fully formed sapient creatures is something that is often only accredited to gods and extremely advanced civilizations. There really isn't a 'simple' way of doing it. At least not to my knowledge. The dragons of my world created a entire race of elves with this power." Ambrosia explains.

The letter is enchanted, but appears to be a simple audio- and visual enchantment which activates by opening it.
    However, the contents are actually rather simple. It is an invitation to a costume party held in Malechenar castle. The theme is monsters and if the general herself can't come, her staff is encouraged to take the +1 invitation.

[Westside - Suncrest Manor]

A gargoyle lands outside of suncrest manor and rings the gate bell outside. It seems to be carrying a message to the Rizzo family.

[Southside - Ilpholin's Residence]

A gargoyle from Malechenar lands outside the area where Ilpholin and Mr. Squiggles have taken residence in. It looks around, now where could it deliver an invitation?

[Fourth Tower Compound]

The compound is now filled with Malechenar soldiers, rummaging around the entire compound. They have finally arrived it seems.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fourth Tower Compound]

Malechenar is likely to find less here than they'd hope. When the compound split, many of those that sided with Vax took what they could on their way out.

[Northside Streets]

Now that is a problem. Less so for her, perhaps. Vision is far from the most important of her senses, but Nazaan would be no better than a bumbling imbecile without it. "Do we break through? I could do it as I am now. It will draw attention, though." While they'd be out of Malechenar's immediate clutches, they'd likely have to answer to Eastside's authorities. It's hard to say what direction they would swing. Vax would have hoped to stay below the radar.

[MERC Office - Kids]

Eliseo coughs a bit an sticks out his tongue. "It's gross in here. What the hell." It's like there's something spoiled in here or something. "Can we get out of here yet. Is there even anything else in here?"

[The Empress' Estate - The Frescots]

Sakura puts her hand on his arm. "Adir, wait. You should stay lying down. Um, we can get you a mirror." Sakura looks at the Empress, expecting her to make that happen.

[Suncrest Manor]

After a moment, a slightly confused voice can be heard through a speaker on the gate. "Hello? Can I help you?"
    Last edited by Gullara; 2017-08-06 at 09:33 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172

[Fourth Tower Compound]

Sticks touches down here. He will make a beeline for the highest ranking guard, stalking forward on Bolts' back.

"Your lack of haste is, while unsurprising, immensely infuriating,"
    Sticks tells this captain, rearing up to his own imposing height. The person will have to contend with a withering glare from both Sticks and his metal beast,
    the former of whom possesses only scorched, empty sockets to glare with, and the latter of whom is possessed of one broken eye that leaks a burning, reeking chemical fluid. "Vax and her company have escaped beneath a glamour. I am versed in hidden things, but I would need to examine their enchantment personally to unravel it. I demand to know if you or your betters have even the faintest idea of where she and hers might be headed."

[Ilphy's Place]

Adir appears at the address Ilpholin gave her a couple of days after his drastic transformation, dropping out of the side of his rusty pickup. He sighs as he picks some pieces of upholstery out of his antlers, and gives himself another once over.

He's shaped just like Ilpholin will remember, at least on a basic level. His athletic body has just been scaled up several degrees, and he's now teetering somewhere around seven feet tall. His hair has turned a dirty bone white, something like the color of fallen snow tainted with ash. His eyes flash an unmistakeable glacial blue. His musculature had some catching up to do to fit with this new height, but it's succeeded admirably. How much bigger and more powerful he is just makes the numerous hard contours of him seem more defined, though he isn't and has never been very broad. A wiry, lithe whipcord is Adir, bristling with a predatory grace and strength that belies his herbivorous roots.

The shape of him is on full display, as it happens, because he arrives wearing a pair of tights held up by old-fashioned suspenders and very little else. He's got a little gym bag over one shoulder.

He definitely called ahead, but Adir has never been here before, so unless Ilpholin is waiting outside he just has a look around.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2017-08-06 at 09:45 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

MERC Office- Kids

Faye barks and points to the corner with her nose.
    "Faye says she smells the ghost over there." Koshal says, already on his way to the corner, a hand on his knife while the other keeps up his tiny light.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

24. - Top - End - #174

"I wouldn't know, creating fully formed sapient creatures is something that is often only accredited to gods and extremely advanced civilizations. There really isn't a 'simple' way of doing it. At least not to my knowledge. The dragons of my world created a entire race of elves with this power." Ambrosia explains.
    "Creating people, much less fully formed adults, yeah, that's impressive. But look around you! This is an advanced civilization. Flying castles! Telephones! Me and my brothers and sisters did have to grow up, yeah, but we were made. Not to mention that the gods still walk the earth here! There's a quarter-god to our west, and a full goddess in the Gardens, even every one of us-" The Commandant stops herself there, getting distracted. "It's amazing what all there is. You're probably right that none of the ways are simple, I was too hasty there."

The letter is enchanted, but appears to be a simple audio- and visual enchantment which activates by opening it.
    However, the contents are actually rather simple. It is an invitation to a costume party held in Malechenar castle. The theme is monsters and if the general herself can't come, her staff is encouraged to take the +1 invitation.
    Excellent! Someone writes a response confirming her intent to attend, and the General signs it, and it's mailed off to the castle. If you can't take some time to kidnap and experiment on local children dress up and go to a party once in a while, the cyborg terrorists have already won. Now, the invitation has space for a second attendee...

Which leads us to [DMside - Invitations] where a messenger (not just a postman) arrives with a letter-scroll for Mia Mechanicus.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC Office - Kids]

"Ewww, this is awful," Iknika says, referring both to the phone and the general atmosphere. "What kind of messed-up ghosts eats phones?" Then Krayger points the way. "Let's corner it?" She'll pick up something handy and swingable from the pile of furniture.

26. - Top - End - #176

[MERC Office - Kids]

Before the group can discuss their next course of action any further, there is suddenly a voice calling out. "Not if I eat your souls first!!! OOOooOOoOoOO!!!" Two glowing red eyes ignite within the darkness and anyone looking at them will be hit by the sense of nauseate as whatever it is howls loudly at them.

Anyone with dark vision will simply see two floating eyes appearing.

"Yes, I do agree that this world offers seemingly endless possibilities. However, there appears to be an inability of either these different worlds or its inhabits to truly come together. It feels like with all these amazing things around us, this world should be able to complete much greater things. By applying them properly, no one should have to starve or endure other hardship." Her father always went about how much untapped potential the nexus had, but he never seemed to want to do much about it, something which always had bothered her. "Most people simply appears to use it to create weapons which feels like the last thing this world needs."

[Fourth Tower Compound]

The captain, a man in a black face concealing helmet with tiny slits for eyes, seizing him up. That was one tall magican. "We had to deal with several disturbances all across northside, sir. Those warlocks unleashed crazed spirits all over town and I chose to prioritize protecting the civilian population. If you should blame anyone, it should be me." His voice is hollow and cold, but he speaks with conviction. "However, if I'd venture a guess, they must be heading towards Eastside, or be escaping the city. I don't think we could stop them from escaping the city, but if they are heading towards Eastside we might be able to stop them. I posted a halsaite gorgon there, it- er, she, should be able to pierce the illusion with her gaze if they are heading there."

Sticks can likely tell that the captain is maintained by magic somehow, by the exact nature of this magic is hidden to him.

[Northside Streets]

"...We'll break through, I'll send the ancestors at that monster and we'll just run." Nazaan suggests. "Since you can deal with the soldiers, right?" There are a lot of soldiers there, more than usual, they also seem better equipped than the standard soldier.

[Westside - Suncrest Manor]

The gargoyle points at the letter, which is conveniently enough labeled Invitation. The flying beast appears unable to speak though, maybe not the best type of messenger?
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-08-07 at 07:29 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177

[Fourth Tower Compound]

"Eastside?"
    Sticks asks, forgetting about the rest. It wasn't as though he could fault the man any further for protecting civilians. If they were leaving the city, they had only to head north. He wasn't going to catch them either way. But there might yet be a chance if leaving wasn't their first objective... "Why Eastside? What's there?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2017-08-07 at 06:04 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

[MERC Office - Visitors]

"Alright."
    Todd signs the paper, tentatively, with the name 'Karol Todd Devoss.'
    "Am I supposed to feel something?"

29. - Top - End - #179

"That's true. Almost everything goes to waste. People have real trouble getting along."
    Ruby has to admit this.
    "But the fact that the world as a whole can't manage something is no guarantee that it can't be managed by a smaller group."
    "No one should have to starve, huh? Do you think no one deserves to?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Ilphy's Place]

Adir appears at the address Ilpholin gave her a couple of days after his drastic transformation, dropping out of the side of his rusty pickup. He sighs as he picks some pieces of upholstery out of his antlers, and gives himself another once over.

He's shaped just like Ilpholin will remember, at least on a basic level. His athletic body has just been scaled up several degrees, and he's now teetering somewhere around seven feet tall. His hair has turned a dirty bone white, something like the color of fallen snow tainted with ash. His eyes flash an unmistakeable glacial blue. His musculature had some catching up to do to fit with this new height, but it's succeeded admirably. How much bigger and more powerful he is just makes the numerous hard contours of him seem more defined, though he isn't and has never been very broad. A wiry, lithe whipcord is Adir, bristling with a predatory grace and strength that belies his herbivorous roots.

The shape of him is on full display, as it happens, because he arrives wearing a pair of tights held up by old-fashioned suspenders and very little else. He's got a little gym bag over one shoulder.

He definitely called ahead, but Adir has never been here before, so unless Ilpholin is waiting outside he just has a look around.
    [Ilpholin's Residence]

There are three major features to be taken in. The first and most obvious is the building itself. Designed to be an embassy for diplomatic relations, it is reasonably sized, but outside appearances make it out to be more wide than tall. This may be because of the aesthetic choice of having the entire building appear like a spider from the air. It's a bit trickier to see from the ground, but the legs probably give it away.

Secondly and most importantly is the sign that makes it very, very clear not to step on the grass as you approach the building. Don't even be tempted. Just don't do it. The pavement path is there for a reason.

Finally there is the glowing red panel next to the door. This tends to catch people's eye because it talks directly to them as they approach the building, while nearby cameras focus on the visitor. "Good time of day unknown visitor. Please state your name and purpose of your visit." Mister Squiggles seems to have trimmed out the tedious multiple choice system that was in place before hand.

[Southside - Ilpholin's Residence]

A gargoyle from Malechenar lands outside the area where Ilpholin and Mr. Squiggles have taken residence in. It looks around, now where could it deliver an invitation?
    If the gargoyle lands at the same time Adir shows up, it could always try giving it to him, but that's both lazy and irresponsible.

Alternatively it could try to go through HALlelujah and talk his way in. Or most conveniently he could just stick it into one of the slots on the wall near the front door where all the mail normally goes. Not that they've had much mail, but it is there with labels for Ilpholin, Mister Squiggles, and Kal depending on the recipient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.