New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 19

1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 19

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    The Lotus Gardens - Mia

Jezebel can't help but frown at the thought. "Mia, I need you to be perfectly clear. Are you really wanting me to declare your area part of Eastside rather than South? I can't do that. That would be incredibly aggressive. I was voted in to unite Riverside, not tear it to pieces or send it into a potential civil war of factions."
    The Lotus Gardens - Mia

"I know it's a big step."
    she says. "But we already build so much. The cathedral alone would take a hugh amount of space and I can't ask you for that."
    "On the other side, I don't think a fight can be prevented. I just want to save as many of my people as possible."

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "They cook only for health, then. I don't know if it would be that troubling; everything is tasty enough when you're hungry." Alice comments, both to reassure Mia that her food will be fine regardless of how many robots were involved, and to highlight her own fortitude.

On to the dinner!

[DMside - Mia]

"The problem is," Mia starts " 'healthy' is a term that can change every day. You can't make it right so A robot will try to not make it wrong. I think you can imagine the outcome."

[Southside - Government Invitations]

Excellent! Someone writes a response confirming her intent to attend, and the General signs it, and it's mailed off to the castle. If you can't take some time to kidnap and experiment on local children dress up and go to a party once in a while, the cyborg terrorists have already won. Now, the invitation has space for a second attendee...

Which leads us to [DMside - Invitations] where a messenger (not just a postman) arrives with a letter-scroll for Mia Mechanicus.
    [DMside - Invitations]
    The man will be stopped immediatly and questioned. Since he wants to give Mia just a message they will check him out for any kind of weapon. He will come to Mia in the Cathedral.
    "What is this." she first asks befor taking the letter.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #212

[MERC Office - Electra]

Dena's raises an eyebrow in confusion and takes out her cellphone. "And this is too important to discuss over phone, I'm assuming? We did set up a video conference room upstairs if that will do. But you ought to tell me what this is about first."

[Southside - Dragon Research]

Ambrosia nods. "While it is true that dragons are commonly solitary creatures, some of them end up being able to command armies, one way or the other. Those elves I mentioned were originally created as an army to fight for the dragons." She shakes her head. "But I digress, I heard of any dragon like that in the nexus, so you're probably safe. I have heard that Malechenar is keeping a dragon locked up somewhere though. Would you consider finding other dragons if your current supply runs low? They're rather dangerous prey."

3. - Top - End - #213

NinjaGuy

[MERC Office - Electra]

"Well, you're getting your wish. I'm going to sign on to MERC as a full member. But, I think Dipsnig should know about my current relationship with the Southside government, so we can avoid any potential political problems before anything's finalized. Things have...progressed, shall we say. He should also know about what I've recently learned about my home dimension, or rather, my status there, just in case. And, there are other things I want to ask him about, face to face, rather than just over the phone." She considers for a moment. "Video conference would be fine, I wasn't sure if there was a setup for that here."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

4. - Top - End - #214
    Halfling in the Playground

((I'm not really certain about the distance between the compound and the checkpoint, but I guess if Nazaan and Vax made it there in two or three rounds on foot, then Sticks should already be arriving))

[Northside Streets --> Eastside Streets]

The fleeing party will begin to hear the flapping of broad steel wings. It sounds rather like wagging two huge pieces of sheet metal.

[The Empress' Estate - The Frescots]

Adir takes the mirror. He makes a jarring choked sound, and quickly turns it left, then right. "I'm... I'm old!" He looks at the Empress, aghast! "You made me old!"

"Gods, Sakura, I thought you said it was three days, not thirty years,"
    he says, still feigning dismay, athough it has less gravitas while he's peering at each of his eyes individually, shutting one then the other.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Ilpholin's Residence]

"Wow, you are definitely one of Ilpholin's,"
    Adir sighs. He frowns a little and puts his hands on his hips, shifting his weight from one foot to the other. He mutters, "But without the good taste in guys. Okay, look. I've got some weird stuff going on. This... magic made me get taller. If you're smart enough to snark at me, you're smart enough to know how the Nexus goes sometimes. Would you please just tell her I'm here and she can come verify for herself? I'll even..." Adir looks around himself. He walks back several paces - giant-sized paces - from the entryway. "I'll even stand over here. How's that?"
    [Ilpholin's Residence]

"I'm not sure that's necessary. You don't even look anything like Adir's picture," HALlelujah claims, though in all honesty it has already contacted Ilpholin. That's actually the first thing it does when anyone arrives, but no one on the outside gets to know that.

Wait. It had a picture of Adir? Why did it bother quoting Ilpholin then? Now I don't even know who it's messing with.

Suddenly the doors open up anyways. "I have been informed to provide admittance regardless of your identity. Have a pleasant time of day."

There's a short hallway before another set of doors which open up to reveal a foyer/guest greeting room. It has a couch, a few chairs, the appropriate number of tables and end tables. It is overall comfy and appealing to the eye, but not especially interesting. Something comfy, appealing to the eye, and interesting is entering the room from the other side. Ilpholin has forgone her more modest officer's uniform in favor of the catsuit outfit she's more well known for. It's lighter and tighter and better for training in.

Though her training plans appear to be shot and in need of readjustment. The Adir she knew was her height and could learn all she had to offer. Now his height was different and she isn't sure the strategies would translate. Honestly she's less concerned about that and more just boggled at the moment, staring him over with unabashed bewilderment as she crosses the room to greet him. "What in Lolth's hell Adir?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Ambrosia nods. "While it is true that dragons are commonly solitary creatures, some of them end up being able to command armies, one way or the other. Those elves I mentioned were originally created as an army to fight for the dragons." She shakes her head. "But I digress, I heard of any dragon like that in the nexus, so you're probably safe. I have heard that Malechenar is keeping a dragon locked up somewhere though. Would you consider finding other dragons if your current supply runs low? They're rather dangerous prey."
    "Funny. We were originally created as an army." The Commandant pauses to look back and forth over the city. "Not for this, though."
    "And that, that's exactly why I'm not afraid. Malechenar has one caged up, we could- If something goes wrong or we need new material, that's not my call to make, but I think we could do it. Would do it."
    It's true that they no longer have the warriors who stole essence from Ravrarath to lead the fight. But what a story it would be if they managed it themselves!

"What's the next step in your projects?"

[DMside - Mia]

Alice nods. Defensive cooking? Super-prescriptive meals.
    "I can picture it. Never thought about how complicated cooking is, in that way."
    Apart from saying thanks, she'll be mostly quiet during the meal. Food should be respected.

[DMside - Invitations]

No weapons, though there's some mental and electrical magic around him, and even a messenger-badge could be dangerous if you tried hard enough.
    "An invitation, your holiness. The Castle Malechenar is holding a costume ball, and General Skye would be honored if you would attend alongside her."
    The letter says much the same thing, more casually and with all the necessary details.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-08-14 at 02:24 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #217

[Ilpholin's Residence]

Adir frowns at this development, despite it's positive outcome. "Yeah, you have fun watchin' the grass grow, smart guy," says the stag as he walks past, wagging a hand at the thing. He makes a mental note to ask Ilpholin what picture she's got of him, and why.

Turns out Adir has only a moment to look around before they see eachother. His face lights up. The white buck grins and holds out his arms as if to present himself, his bag swaying on his arm. "Eh? Eeeh? Crazy, right? It's kind of great, because I'm huge and tough, but it's kind of gross, because I look like my dad." He casts his eyes up pointedly and brushes a hand through his hair. "My dad, but older. Which should be impossible. Though, uh, look!" He points at his eyes. "I got these! I always thought brown was a little plain."

"I'll give you a minute,"
    Adir crosses his arms and nods sagely. "Let you take it allll in." He shuffles his feet until they're a little spread, and his stance looks more confident. This wasn't too weird, right? It was weird. He felt weird...
    Last edited by Murkus; 2017-08-14 at 11:10 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    The Lotus Gardens - Harnetta & Wenomir

Jezebel frowns at Wenomir's statement, quite obviously displeased as she shuts off her tablet again and sets it aside to lace her fingers together. "Wenomir, I would quite rather you didn't say you had nothing to learn from me. I understand if you don't want to spar, but if that's the case just say so." She explains before giving a small amused snort. "After all, you two have probably had enough exercise for the week."
    [The Lotus Gardens - Harnetta & Wenomir]

Harnetta looks like a kid that just had a present snatched away. She wanted to see them spar, but that's not looking so likely now. Still, she doesn't have anything to say for the moment.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

[The Lotus Gardens - Harnetta & Wenomir]

Wenomir looks taken aback at first.

"That's not what I-" He pauses. Maybe not, but that's kind of what it came off as, didn't it? "But you have a point. I guess I'm just... reluctant, but it's unbecoming of someone who follows the Riddle. I'll spar, and we'll see where it takes us. Maybe we'll see just how much in common we do or do not have."

[MERC Office- Kids]

Iknika seems exhilarated by actually hitting something, and grabs another swingable thing from nearby.

"I got it! Come on, let's chase it down!"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

[MERC Office - A Visitor]
    Todd considers the things he has been told.
    "Not really, just what work do you have for me?"

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

"It's just the colour." Sakura says, watching Adir examine himself. She's not entirely certain how he's taking it just by watching him. It's... a very strange situation. "You okay?"

[Eastside Streets]

Vax won't hesitate on heading into Eastside. Now, it's a chance the Eastside authorities might have some objections to a lumbering plant monster hurrying down their streets, but they're certainly more reasonable than Malechenar. Vax won't be hard for Sticks to spot, though she's doesn't appear to be opverly concerned with him flapping above them just yet.

[MERC Office - Kids]

"What? That's crazy!" Tracking down ghosts is one thing, but actually attacking crazy toothy ghosts is just nuts! Eliseo sure isn't rushing in.

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia reads the letter... Well that's kind of surprising. She heads inside and goes to find Irena. She'd probably have some idea about this.

12. - Top - End - #222

"Funny. We were originally created as an army." The Commandant pauses to look back and forth over the city. "Not for this, though."
    "And that, that's exactly why I'm not afraid. Malechenar has one caged up, we could- If something goes wrong or we need new material, that's not my call to make, but I think we could do it. Would do it."
    It's true that they no longer have the warriors who stole essence from Ravrarath to lead the fight. But what a story it would be if they managed it themselves!

"What's the next step in your projects?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [MERC Office - Electra]

"Well, you're getting your wish. I'm going to sign on to MERC as a full member. But, I think Dipsnig should know about my current relationship with the Southside government, so we can avoid any potential political problems before anything's finalized. Things have...progressed, shall we say. He should also know about what I've recently learned about my home dimension, or rather, my status there, just in case. And, there are other things I want to ask him about, face to face, rather than just over the phone." She considers for a moment. "Video conference would be fine, I wasn't sure if there was a setup for that here."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedFox201 View Post
    Todd considers the things he has been told.
    "Not really, just what work do you have for me?"

"Are all dragons essence equal though, or dragons for that matter?" Ambrosia asks. "But, ah, regarding own research projects. I have been studying demons for quite a while now, mostly at the behest of VIGIL. However, now I am trying to research the connection between them and dragons. That isn't connected to why I'm here though. Your work simply reminded me of what the dragons of my homeworld could do, and they are my original research object."

[MERC Office - Electra]

"My wish? Did I wish that?"
    Dena asks with a smile. "But yeah, let's start up the video conference then. I will let Violet keep order down here." She will then get up to one the upper rooms where she will set up a video conference with Dipsnig. Now let's see what Electra had to say.
    "Anything I should know before we start this up? It all sounded pretty serious."

"I need you to find out more about the current Southside 'government', especially, the woman that call herself 'the general' and the dragon-people she keeps around." Dena explains. "You think that you're up for that?"

13. - Top - End - #223

NinjaGuy

[MERC Office - Electra]

Electra follows Dena upstairs and seats herself in a chair while Dena makes the preparations. Dena's question seems to focus her a bit more, and she considers for a moment before answering.

"Well, mostly that the General was so pleased with our work on the last job that she offered to hire me permanently. An open position, reporting to whomever I would want, with whatever responsibilities I wanted." She shifts uncomfortably in her seat. "I...think she may also be interested in building more of my race. I told her I'd need to think about the position before I gave a solid yes or no...and thinking about it is what led me here." There's more to the story, but Dena doesn't need to know the parts that aren't relevant. The ones she can talk about, anyways.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Ilpholin's Residence]

Adir frowns at this development, despite it's positive outcome. "Yeah, you have fun watchin' the grass grow, smart guy," says the stag as he walks past, wagging a hand at the thing. He makes a mental note to ask Ilpholin what picture she's got of him, and why.

Turns out Adir has only a moment to look around before they see eachother. His face lights up. The white buck grins and holds out his arms as if to present himself, his bag swaying on his arm. "Eh? Eeeh? Crazy, right? It's kind of great, because I'm huge and tough, but it's kind of gross, because I look like my dad." He casts his eyes up pointedly and brushes a hand through his hair. "My dad, but older. Which should be impossible. Though, uh, look!" He points at his eyes. "I got these! I always thought brown was a little plain."

"I'll give you a minute,"
    Adir crosses his arms and nods sagely. "Let you take it allll in." He shuffles his feet until they're a little spread, and his stance looks more confident. This wasn't too weird, right? It was weird. He felt weird...
    [Ilpholin's Residence]

It was quite weird. Though disconcerting might be a better term for it. Ilpholin frowns a little as she looks him over repeatedly, taking it allll in. "But... why? I thought you were happy with who you were?" Her voice quiets a little. "I was."

Ilpholin knew she was the last person who could really talk about modifying one's own body if they were unhappy with it. It was just so much of a shock that Adir might be one of those people. It felt drastic. Was this how Darcy would have felt if the demons had just waited one more day...?

Regret and confusion aside, did Adir have to bring up his dad? She's not in that age category yet and now it'll be hard not to think about. "I guess it doesn't matter that much," Ilpholin says, trying to convince herself more than anything. "Did you have a protein heavy breakfast before coming over?" Got to eat lots of protein.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

MERC Office- Kids

Faye again tries to jump on the creature as it hisses- a definite source of sound is something that she can pinpoint.
    "Don't wuss out! We have him right where we want him!" Koshal says giddily, even if he himself can do little more than toss chair legs in the path of where he thinks the thing is going.

The Empress' Estate-Tester

The ork will be grumbling up a storm once he awakens, but will likely not do much more than that, especially if he's as tired as the last time he woke up.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

16. - Top - End - #226
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Southside - Dragon Research]

"Are all dragons essence equal though, or dragons for that matter?" Ambrosia asks. "But, ah, regarding own research projects. I have been studying demons for quite a while now, mostly at the behest of VIGIL. However, now I am trying to research the connection between them and dragons. That isn't connected to why I'm here though. Your work simply reminded me of what the dragons of my homeworld could do, and they are my original research object."
    The Commandant shakes her head.
    "Not at all! From what we've seen, dragons are nearly unique, and there are draconic creatures that really aren't the same at all.

And nods along with Ambrosia's explanation. "Demons, huh? What connection is there between the two? Both kinds of spirit, I guess?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #227

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [MERC Office- Kids]

Iknika seems exhilarated by actually hitting something, and grabs another swingable thing from nearby.

"I got it! Come on, let's chase it down!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Eastside Streets]

Vax won't hesitate on heading into Eastside. Now, it's a chance the Eastside authorities might have some objections to a lumbering plant monster hurrying down their streets, but they're certainly more reasonable than Malechenar. Vax won't be hard for Sticks to spot, though she's doesn't appear to be opverly concerned with him flapping above them just yet.

[MERC Office - Kids]

"What? That's crazy!" Tracking down ghosts is one thing, but actually attacking crazy toothy ghosts is just nuts! Eliseo sure isn't rushing in.

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia reads the letter... Well that's kind of surprising. She heads inside and goes to find Irena. She'd probably have some idea about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [MERC Office - Electra]

Electra follows Dena upstairs and seats herself in a chair while Dena makes the preparations. Dena's question seems to focus her a bit more, and she considers for a moment before answering.

"Well, mostly that the General was so pleased with our work on the last job that she offered to hire me permanently. An open position, reporting to whomever I would want, with whatever responsibilities I wanted." She shifts uncomfortably in her seat. "I...think she may also be interested in building more of my race. I told her I'd need to think about the position before I gave a solid yes or no...and thinking about it is what led me here." There's more to the story, but Dena doesn't need to know the parts that aren't relevant. The ones she can talk about, anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    MERC Office- Kids

Faye again tries to jump on the creature as it hisses- a definite source of sound is something that she can pinpoint.
    "Don't wuss out! We have him right where we want him!" Koshal says giddily, even if he himself can do little more than toss chair legs in the path of where he thinks the thing is going.
    MERC Office- Kids

Faye will feel her paws touch something and it tumbles over. However, this is followed by a series of vicious lashes, kicks, and bites against Faye unless she lets herself be thrown away by the entity. Whatever she just caught is extremely nasty in combat, and that bite is poisonous. However, it is not a deadly poison, it will simply cause her to feel ill and perhaps make her throw up after a while.

[MERC Office - Electra]

"Building more of you?" Dena frowns. "That's... yeah, that sounds... frankly, I have no idea how I'd take that. The generals priorities seem to be weapons though, not people." She pauses, shaking her head and puts on the video link. "Anyway, link up. We should be talking to the boss in a moment."

And Dipsnig should be getting a call.

[Eastside Streets]

There is also the matter of the enraged gorgon who have decided to abandon her post at the barricade and is slithering after them at full speed.
    Nazaan is just trying to keep up with Vax at the moment, though considering his black full-plate armor and the will-o-wisps surrounding him, he should be quite easy to spot as well for the people of Eastside. The whole scene is probably causing quite a ruckus by now.

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia can hear Irena upstairs shouting "**** you" to what probably is the TV, she must be playing her video games again.
    And sure enough, Irena is there, controller in one hand, giving the tv-screen the finger with the other. Dressed only in panties and a white t-shirt. "I did it." She tells her wife. "I ****ing demolished this meta-****er. What a pathetic piece of ass he has be to lose with that advantage." She got... quite spirited while playing games.

The Commandant shakes her head.
    "Not at all! From what we've seen, dragons are nearly unique, and there are draconic creatures that really aren't the same at all.

And nods along with Ambrosia's explanation. "Demons, huh? What connection is there between the two? Both kinds of spirit, I guess?"
    "In a way. These demons are no doubt spiritual, but their make up is off, corrupted. It is as if something fused them into a conceptless matter, which is driving them insane. However, their reaction to dragons is curious. Dragons were once made to rule spirits, and, well, to feed upon them." The scholar attempts to explain. "It might explain why they are reacting so violent to the dragon concept, but that explanation isn't quite up to my standards. Either way, speaking of demons, have you come in contact with them? The spirit substance I mentioned earlier appears to be capable of enchanting people a great deal."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-08-19 at 04:59 AM.

18. - Top - End - #228

NinjaGuy

[MERC Office - Electra]

Electra simply nods and waits for Dipsnig to answer the call, her expression not changing.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC Office - Electra]

Soon enough, Dipsnig's long-eared face appears on the screen.

"Dena. Electra. What is it?"

[MERC Office - Kids]

Iknika decides not to approach when she sees that Faye is fighting something. Instead, she throws another missile, aiming square between the eyes. Only then does she charge, trying to clobber the thing with another piece of furniture. At least there's plenty of improvised weapons here.
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-08-17 at 04:13 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

20. - Top - End - #230

[MERC Office - Electra]

"Electra got some news for us, boss." She gestures at her. "Pretty important, by the sound of it, so listen closely."

21. - Top - End - #231

NinjaGuy

[MERC Office - Electra]

Electra nods.

"Well, sir, I'd like to become a full member of MERC, but there are some things I think you should know before you hire me. I've been working on retainer for the General's government since the invasion; they provide me with housing, and I'm on call for whenever they need me." She glances at Dena, then goes on. "The last job, though, we did so well that the General offered me a permanent position in the government; open-ended, reporting to whomever I wanted, with whatever duties I wanted. I told her I would have to think about it before accepting, and that's what's led up to here, but during the debriefing and, I guess, interview, she asked a lot of questions about my home dimension, and it sounds to me like she would be very interested in building more of my race. I'm of...mixed enthusiasm, shall we say, about that." She's making a few assumptions about how much Dipsnig knows about her, mostly that Dena has told him what she's told the lieutenant. "There's also the matter of my...status in my home dimension that you should probably be made aware of. I've had a visit from an old friend from there, and from what she tells me, now I'm basically an outlaw there. I don't expect anyone else from my home dimension to show up, especially since some of the other things she said hinted that she managed to survive long into the future, possibly past where the government I used to serve existed, before she came here. But, all the same, in case someone does show up, you should know, before you hire me."

22. - Top - End - #232

[Ilpholin's Residence]

Adir's voice loses some of it's bluster, and he visibly deflates when Ilpholin seems so... disappointed? Unsettled? The stag's eyes search her face as he speaks. "I-I am. I was. This wasn't a deliberate thing," he tries to explain. The stag reaches up and rubs the back of his head, the motion doing interesting things to his bare arms and stout chest. "None of the changes came up in my interview. The Empress didn't even hint that I was going to end up looking like, uh," he waves his hand down. "Like this."

"I'm sorry if this is cruddy. I know I don't look like me. Me me. I keep worrying Sakura is thinking the same thing, and... and I just don't know,"
    Adir lowers his gaze. His ears perk when she mentions protein. "Well, uh, yeah, duh. I'm not a total amateur, you know." Not even close, really, but he was hoping Ilpholin was far enough above his current level that he would still have something to gain here.

[Eastside]

Sticks descends, dropping to a height of a story or two above the tallest buildings. He just follows the renegades at a close distance, for this round.

"I know, hon. Only kidding,"
    Adir says quietly, turning his head this way and that. He touches his jaw for a second where whiteish stubble has started to grow and then flicks his eyes to Sakura. His voice is a soft married-couple murmur. "Sort of. A little bit scared. Worried what the kids will think. What about you?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC Office - Electra]

Dipsnig listens, nodding slightly.

"We're no strangers to employing people who are outlaws in their home dimension. I've got some warrants for my head back home. But it's the part about making more of your kind that interests me. What would the General need for that? Would they serve her? Or would they be free-willed?"

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia stands in the door, her arms crossed, tapping her foot. She waits until Irena notices her, and how unimpressed she looks. Sometimes it feels like she's raising two children.

[MERC Office - Kids]

What the hell is going on in there? "Are you seriously trying to fight that thing?" At least something some Nadia's badgering has sunk in. Eliseo isn't inclined to rush right into a dangerous situation.

Sakura glances toward the Empress and purses her lips a bit. She doesn't think she needs to say anything for him to understand.

25. - Top - End - #235

[Suncrest Manor]

Irena looks up, only now really noticing her wives body language. "Uh, what's up babe? What did that visitor want?" She asks as she logs off from warnet and puts away the controller.

[MERC Office - Electra]

"I was wanted in three city states back in my world." Dena adds. "And if the general actually told Electra that, would she actually tell her the truth boss? Everyone knows people are uncomfortable with slavery, and I think the general is a wee bit smarter than telling Electra that she is going to make some slave versions of people who are essentially family. Not that free will means anything if she raises them to only obey her. They end of slaves either way, as there is no way she is going to just let them live normal lives, not with all the effort and money required to make them." She argues.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-08-19 at 04:37 AM.

26. - Top - End - #236

NinjaGuy

[MERC Office - Electra]

"They'd be free-willed, though as Dena says, during activation we can be nudged towards certain roles, and our overall construction does tend to play a part in that as well. Some, I'm sure, would choose not to serve her, but I would think the vast majority would. As far as what's required, she needs my knowledge, a thorough scan of my systems, a good cybernetic engineer, and access to either certain highly engineered materials and components, or a high-tech manufacturing base to make those materials and components." She shifts slightly in her seat, leaning forwards, folding her hands under her chin. "I did some checking after we talked, and the components are all available from various vendors in Inside and Mallside. Expensive, yes, and somewhat rare, yes, but available. The rarity is mostly due to the fact that they're in low demand."

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

[MERC Office - Electra]

"My wish? Did I wish that?"
    Dena asks with a smile. "But yeah, let's start up the video conference then. I will let Violet keep order down here." She will then get up to one the upper rooms where she will set up a video conference with Dipsnig. Now let's see what Electra had to say.
    "Anything I should know before we start this up? It all sounded pretty serious."

"I need you to find out more about the current Southside 'government', especially, the woman that call herself 'the general' and the dragon-people she keeps around." Dena explains. "You think that you're up for that?"

Todd stands from his chair. "Seems you have more to attend to, I'll get on that intel gathering."
    Todd exits the MERC Office and begins his commute.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

MERC Office-kids

Eliseo is sternly ignored as Koshal whips out his sword as Faye goes flying.
    "You hurt my dog!" he roars loud enough to be heard in Southside.
    Koshal's telekinesis flares, and an unseen force pushes down on the spot the thing was at least a moment ago. Not a slam or anything capable of injury, but possibly still painful.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC Office - Electra]

Dipsnig considers it, his face betraying no emotion.

"I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with the General making people like that. And it doesn't look like you are either, Electra."

30. - Top - End - #240

MERC Office-kids

More likely just reaching just outside the manor unless Koshal just destroyed every glass window in the manor with his voice.
    However, that doesn't mean that it is any less loud though, especially as it is followed by the horrible crack as the desk and chairs that is underneath the spot that Koshal was aiming at breaks apart into a million pieces. They fly all over the room as the furniture crumbles underneath the display of psionic might. If Koshal, Elise and Iknika aren't careful, they might get hit by the splinters. Iknika will still have a chance to start clubbing though, but her projectile missed due to the fact the psionic pull pushed the being right into the floor along with all the furniture.

Then things get very quiet, quiet enough to hear that someone is marching towards the basement...
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-08-19 at 08:54 PM.