New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 19

1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 19

[MERC Office - Kids]

"I think someone heard all that," Iknika says, as she nonetheless swings her improvised weapon wildly towards where she thinks the... whatever they're after... is. She was glanced by the flying pieces, but it seems it doesn't slow her down.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Southside - Dragon Research]

"Funny. We were originally created as an army." The Commandant pauses to look back and forth over the city. "Not for this, though."
    "And that, that's exactly why I'm not afraid. Malechenar has one caged up, we could- If something goes wrong or we need new material, that's not my call to make, but I think we could do it. Would do it."
    It's true that they no longer have the warriors who stole essence from Ravrarath to lead the fight. But what a story it would be if they managed it themselves!

"What's the next step in your projects?"

[DMside - Mia]

Alice nods. Defensive cooking? Super-prescriptive meals.
    "I can picture it. Never thought about how complicated cooking is, in that way."
    Apart from saying thanks, she'll be mostly quiet during the meal. Food should be respected.

[DMside - Invitations]

No weapons, though there's some mental and electrical magic around him, and even a messenger-badge could be dangerous if you tried hard enough.
    "An invitation, your holiness. The Castle Malechenar is holding a costume ball, and General Skye would be honored if you would attend alongside her."
    The letter says much the same thing, more casually and with all the necessary details.
    [DMside - Mia]

It will be a 3 course menu, but for my own sake I avoid telling what all is. The dessert will contain apples.

"I hope you liked it. " Mia says at the end. "So how is it in the world you come from? Do you have gods?"

[DMside - Invitations]

Mia reads it.
    "Has the General told you more about why he asks me?" she says. "And at least tell me his name. I don't want to just call him by his rank."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #243

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [MERC Office - Electra]

"They'd be free-willed, though as Dena says, during activation we can be nudged towards certain roles, and our overall construction does tend to play a part in that as well. Some, I'm sure, would choose not to serve her, but I would think the vast majority would. As far as what's required, she needs my knowledge, a thorough scan of my systems, a good cybernetic engineer, and access to either certain highly engineered materials and components, or a high-tech manufacturing base to make those materials and components." She shifts slightly in her seat, leaning forwards, folding her hands under her chin. "I did some checking after we talked, and the components are all available from various vendors in Inside and Mallside. Expensive, yes, and somewhat rare, yes, but available. The rarity is mostly due to the fact that they're in low demand."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [MERC Office - Electra]

Dipsnig considers it, his face betraying no emotion.

"I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with the General making people like that. And it doesn't look like you are either, Electra."
    "As I said..." Dena remarks, feeling like she was a step ahead here. "The general is just bad news." She makes a small gesture in sign language, intended only for Dipsnig, meaning "the deal". She wasn't sure he actually understood sign language, but what self-respecting rogue didn't?!

Okay, maybe not every rogue as it was a secret language that only thieves, and other unsavory characters, used in Elshar for silent communication.
    Therefore, she adds, "Considering how many factions the general is in conflict with, such as the Faction, helping her might burn a lot of bridges." Hopefully Dipsnig would take the clue, could they talk about the faction deal with Electra around now?

4. - Top - End - #244
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    "In a way. These demons are no doubt spiritual, but their make up is off, corrupted. It is as if something fused them into a conceptless matter, which is driving them insane. However, their reaction to dragons is curious. Dragons were once made to rule spirits, and, well, to feed upon them." The scholar attempts to explain. "It might explain why they are reacting so violent to the dragon concept, but that explanation isn't quite up to my standards. Either way, speaking of demons, have you come in contact with them? The spirit substance I mentioned earlier appears to be capable of enchanting people a great deal."
    "Thankfully, no. The worst thing I've had to deal with were some of the living dead." The Commandant shakes her head. "It sounds like a plenty good reason to me. Demons are supposed to be a sort of rebel spirit, right?" No, Ruby, you're mixing up cosmologies there.

[DMside]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Mia and Alice]

It will be a 3 course menu, but for my own sake I avoid telling what all is. The dessert will contain apples.

"I hope you liked it. " Mia says at the end. "So how is it in the world you come from? Do you have gods?"
    Alice gives a quick nod.
    "I haven't ever had a meal quite like that before."
    "I don't actually know much about the world I'm from. I've lived most of my life in the Nexus. There were gods there, lots of them, but we don't speak of them anymore. They were weak. Unworthy of our attention."
    Plus, it is forbidden.
    "I have a new deity, a goddess of this world."

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Invitations]

Mia reads it.
    "Has the General told you more about why he asks me?" she says. "And at least tell me his name. I don't want to just call him by his rank."
    ((The messenger mentioned the name in the last post, which also indicated that The General is 'she' ))
    "Of all those peoples we have encountered, the church of Deus Mechanicus has earned more respect than any other." The messenger explains. "We hope that, although it's small, this can be another sign of our continued cooperation."
    "And of course; I thought you would have known it already. 'Skye Drake-Nerei' is her name, and you may use it in your answer."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #245

NinjaGuy

[MERC Office - Electra]

Electra shakes her head at Dipsnig.

"To be honest, I'm ambivalent about it. I certainly wouldn't mind having more of my own people around. I'm sure you both understand what that's like; but at the same time, I'm certainly not comfortable entwining them into the General's conflicts with the other factions in Southside, and Riverside as a whole, just by virtue of being their creator. That's actually kind of what led me here; if any of the other factions in Southside hire MERC, and I'm still on retainer with the General, that's going to create a major problem. I'd rather nip that in the bud, and make as clean of a break from the General as I can, so that MERC is free to operate wherever it needs to." She seems to ignore Dena's sign language shenanigans, instead focusing on Dipsnig. "I do understand if hiring me would cause more problems for you than solving them, though. This just seemed to be the clearest solution to me."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC Office - Electra]

Electra is right in that her being on retainer to the General might cause major problems, but Dipsnig won't reveal the details just yet. He catches Dena's signal about it, but he doesn't need to be reminded.

"That is true. We might not have 'Neutral' in our name anymore, but we need a degree of impartiality. I also don't think her creating more like you is a good idea. Southside is unstable as it is, and like you said... creating people just to have them drafted into someone's army isn't right. How long would it take you to cut ties with them?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #247

[MERC Office - Electra]

"If you earn enough money working for us, I recommend raiding a dungeon for a lot of cash, you could make your own people, Electra."
    Dena points out. She would become a mother!

"Some demons yes, but I don't know about these demons. My homeworld completely lack such beings you see, yet these ones seems oddly similar to the spirits back home, solely driven by the concept they were created by. Just more twisted somehow. I wouldn't be surprised if they were connected however, a lot of my planes origin is still unknown so perhaps these beings played a role in it as well somehow." Ambrosia considers. "Anyhow, speaking of the living dead, the being I met up with were experimenting with that, it was the same principle as with the elves, just less living. Though their latest achievement-" The scholar stops herself, that was probably not an appropiate subject to discuss when she came and think about it. "...their latest achievement actually came out alive, and with new strange powers. I wasn't able to find out much more about it though." She lies.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

[MERC Office - Kids]

"I think someone heard all that," Iknika says, as she nonetheless swings her improvised weapon wildly towards where she thinks the... whatever they're after... is. She was glanced by the flying pieces, but it seems it doesn't slow her down.
    [MERC Office - Kids]

"****." Eliseo spins around to face whoever's coming. Geez, they're gonna be in such deep ****.

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia holds up the letter before handing it over. "You're not setting a good example for Eliseo. He's in his room right now because I grounded him for swearing, but he can probably hear you from here. It totally undermines my punishment."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2017-08-20 at 10:14 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249

NinjaGuy

[MERC Office - Electra]

"Less than a day. I need to move some equipment out of the apartment and into a safehouse I set up before I send a message letting the General know that I'm no longer available as an asset to her. I expect her reaction to be less than friendly, so I'd rather do that from a secure location." Electra nods at Dena. "The thought has crossed my mind, but for now, I'd rather focus on the matter at hand, and make sure that I'm not causing more problems than I'm solving."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

10. - Top - End - #250

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

"Some demons yes, but I don't know about these demons. My homeworld completely lack such beings you see, yet these ones seems oddly similar to the spirits back home, solely driven by the concept they were created by. Just more twisted somehow. I wouldn't be surprised if they were connected however, a lot of my planes origin is still unknown so perhaps these beings played a role in it as well somehow." Ambrosia considers. "Anyhow, speaking of the living dead, the being I met up with were experimenting with that, it was the same principle as with the elves, just less living. Though their latest achievement-" The scholar stops herself, that was probably not an appropiate subject to discuss when she came and think about it. "...their latest achievement actually came out alive, and with new strange powers. I wasn't able to find out much more about it though." She lies.
    "I must admit I'd be surprised to hear of any connection then. Just because it's a mystery doesn't mean the first reasonable explanation should be true. But we've gotten pretty far away from anything I know about, huh?" The Commandant shrugs. If Ambrosia is being evasive, well, academics are like that. She probably has some plan to do with zombie-demon-dragons that she doesn't want to spoil before it can be pulled off.
    "You really do just want to know? Not to bring anything in particular back from the dead?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

[MERC Office]

Koshal takes the time to sheathe his sword and scoop up his whimpering dog. His crushing force fizzles as he does his best to carry her back up to the stairs. Miss Dena can help! She literally has snakes all over her, she must know stuff about antivenom.
    "Miss Dena! Your ghost bit my dog! You have medicine here right?" he asks, distraught. She might doubt him perhaps, but either way he is holding a bleeding animal.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC Office - Electra]

Dipsnig's ears flick slightly when Dena mentions Electra being a mother, as do the corners of his mouth. A trace of amusement under the professional exterior.

"You are probably going to be a security risk for them. We'll be ready for whatever comes. Do you have a safehouse ready?"

13. - Top - End - #253

[MERC Office - A Visitor]

((I should point out that Recaiden controls the general and her stuff in Southside.))

[Suncrest Manor]

Irena blinks, not really paying any attention to the letter even as she accepts it from Nadia's hand. "You're grounding the kid for swearing? Come on, Nad, that isn't fair. It's just words. It's really no big deal. Everyone swear sometimes, even you do."

[MERC Office - Kids]

As Iknika approaches the spot where the entity presumably is and attempts another attack, in invisible hand attempts to take a hold of her wrist before she can take a swing with the stool. This si followed by those eyes flaring up again, which might give the knight-in-training a headache if she looks too deeply into them. "Stop. It." The entity hisses an order, flashing a row of sharp teeth as whatever force is keeping it invisible seems to start to break down.

Meanwhile, Eliseo can see Dena just reaching the stairs as Koshal passes by carrying Faye. "Slow down kid, tell me what's going on first. What just happened?" She didn't even know what had bit the dog, 'medicine' was a rather vague concept when she didn't even know what to counteract.

Ambrosia seem to consider this for a moment. "It would be tempting to bring the extinct species of dragon of my homeworld back to life, admittedly. There would be a great deal to learn from them, but that is of course ignoring the danger they represent. A dragon like that could with some planning take down an entire empire. There is so much more to them than just brute force after all."

14. - Top - End - #254

[Southside - A Visitor]

Probably you got here by crossing one of the bridges. The old bridge is infested with jewelry shops and other such things of middle-high fashion. The newly refurbished bridges are still very nice, perhaps nicer, but not nearly as built-up.
    Possibly you swam across the river, and are now very wet.
    Even less possibly you went way north, circled around the headwaters of the river without taking anything that was remotely a bridge.

Welcome to Southside!

A number of things become immediately clear.

"I didn't know they were all gone. That's a- how did something like that happen? If they were so dangerous?"
    The usual answer is that they don't coordinate. Which was true with the nephilim's source as well.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #255

NinjaGuy

[MERC Office - Electra]

Electra nods at Dipsnig.

"Yes, it's ready, although I suspect if she really wants to find me, magic could probably do so easily enough. I don't really know how to shield from that sort of tracking."

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

[MERC Office - Kids]

Okay, she's not angry. He can work with this. "Some psycho ghost thing attacked us!"

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Ilpholin's Residence]

Adir's voice loses some of it's bluster, and he visibly deflates when Ilpholin seems so... disappointed? Unsettled? The stag's eyes search her face as he speaks. "I-I am. I was. This wasn't a deliberate thing," he tries to explain. The stag reaches up and rubs the back of his head, the motion doing interesting things to his bare arms and stout chest. "None of the changes came up in my interview. The Empress didn't even hint that I was going to end up looking like, uh," he waves his hand down. "Like this."

"I'm sorry if this is cruddy. I know I don't look like me. Me me. I keep worrying Sakura is thinking the same thing, and... and I just don't know,"
    Adir lowers his gaze. His ears perk when she mentions protein. "Well, uh, yeah, duh. I'm not a total amateur, you know." Not even close, really, but he was hoping Ilpholin was far enough above his current level that he would still have something to gain here.
    [Ilpholin's Residence]

"So this empress did this to you?" Ilpholin frowns some more. Another manipulative seductress taking control of mind and purpose like Jezebel was doing with Cessie? Maybe. This seemed more physically transformative. Such links were generally stronger but more overt. Had Adir also been compromised? He didn't seem to be espousing the glory of this empress or insisting he's never been happier. It was too early to judge but she would have to be more wary of the empress' kingdom.

"No, of course you're not. You're clearly... Ilpholin looks him over once more, lingering a little on his chest. "Experienced." Ilpholin turns around, purposefully giving Adir his own view of her body before she motions for Adir to follow her. She heads back out of the foyer and further inside the building until they reach an elevator. "I hope you've adjusted to moving at that height. I had intended to get right into it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC Office - Electra]

"If it's magical tracking you're worried about, we've got two specialists who can help," Dipsnig says. "Do what you have to do and keep us posted."

[MERC Office - Kids]

Iknika stops, trying to raise her club but the combined force of a headache and the sudden grab stop her. She does, however, try to punch invisible hand grabbing her wrist with her other hand.

19. - Top - End - #259

A number of things become immediately clear.

"I didn't know they were all gone. That's a- how did something like that happen? If they were so dangerous?"
    The usual answer is that they don't coordinate. Which was true with the nephilim's source as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [MERC Office - Electra]

Electra nods at Dipsnig.

"Yes, it's ready, although I suspect if she really wants to find me, magic could probably do so easily enough. I don't really know how to shield from that sort of tracking."

Ambrosia hesitates as the next part was what her father would call extremely dangerous information. But it wasn't like she was sharing how to make them, right? "A super-weapon called "legion" killed them all along with large parts of my homeworld. Legions are made up of a amalgamation of souls, turned into weapons through what I understand is a very complex process." The scholar explains. "Legions basically consume all energy around them, leaving nothing but death in their wake. The only known way to destroy a legion is sick another legion against it as they will essentially consume one another. However since they are extremely difficult to control, devastating, and so difficult to produce, the nations of my world has agreed to not make legions again. Was a silent agreement, people simply realized that legions were as likely to kill them as their foes."

[MERC Office - Electra]

"As I understand it, you need like a hair, blood or some other important piece of the person you want to track with magic." Dena points out. "But yeah, Astrana can probably fix you up if you need protection from that."

20. - Top - End - #260
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Ilpholin's Residence]

"So this empress did this to you?" Ilpholin frowns some more. Another manipulative seductress taking control of mind and purpose like Jezebel was doing with Cessie? Maybe. This seemed more physically transformative. Such links were generally stronger but more overt. Had Adir also been compromised? He didn't seem to be espousing the glory of this empress or insisting he's never been happier. It was too early to judge but she would have to be more wary of the empress' kingdom.

"No, of course you're not. You're clearly... Ilpholin looks him over once more, lingering a little on his chest. "Experienced." Ilpholin turns around, purposefully giving Adir his own view of her body before she motions for Adir to follow her. She heads back out of the foyer and further inside the building until they reach an elevator. "I hope you've adjusted to moving at that height. I had intended to get right into it."
    [Ilpholin's Residence]

"When I took her deal and drank some of her blood, yeah."
    Adir says, giving a little shudder when he remembers. It was about as unsettling a sensation as one would expect. The stag starts after her, lowering his bag from his shoulder to hang from his hand. He snorts, and his eyes don't linger. "You don't have to hold back for me."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #261

NinjaGuy

[MERC Office - Electra]

Electra nods once more.

"I'll let you know once I've moved everything and sent the message to the General. Is there anything else you need from me, then?"

22. - Top - End - #262

[DMside]

Alice gives a quick nod.
    "I haven't ever had a meal quite like that before."
    "I don't actually know much about the world I'm from. I've lived most of my life in the Nexus. There were gods there, lots of them, but we don't speak of them anymore. They were weak. Unworthy of our attention."
    Plus, it is forbidden.
    "I have a new deity, a goddess of this world."

((The messenger mentioned the name in the last post, which also indicated that The General is 'she' ))
    "Of all those peoples we have encountered, the church of Deus Mechanicus has earned more respect than any other." The messenger explains. "We hope that, although it's small, this can be another sign of our continued cooperation."
    "And of course; I thought you would have known it already. 'Skye Drake-Nerei' is her name, and you may use it in your answer."
    [DMside]

"Oh" Mia says. "Would you tell me who this goddess is?"
    I keep forgetting how Alice looks. She was simular to a sphinx right?

[Invitations]

My bad I readed the Skye as a word not a name and I seem to skip the she , too.
    "Is that so?" Mia replies. She is curious what the empire understands under 'earned respect'.
    She makes a wavin gesture in front of her and a keyboard appears in mid air. A monitor from a close robot will be hold in front odf her and she writes down a formal replie. Only a moment later it get's printed, singed and handed over to the messengager.
    "Give this to Mrs Skye."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC Office - Electra]

"That should be all for now," Dipsnig says.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Northside Tour

"Oh, it certainly is imaginative, but I'm not quite certain how well it'll go over with some people."
    Jezebel admits with a small shrug as she looks over part of the city they pass over. "You brought me here to show me thing so I could have a better understanding of what to suggest for a god, but I suppose I should ask. What does the general population desire? Is it just security? Do they have a particular affinity for art or music? And I do mean the general population rather than simply the elite."

The Lotus Gardens - Sleepover

Jezebel's smile becomes ever-so-slightly strained at the mention of her son but she gives a small nod. "You could say that, but you could also say he is also working up his courage. We've set up a small pool in the courtyard out back where he practices his swordsmanship so he can exercise in another fashion, but I've told him he's not to swim with his shirt on." Jezebel explains as her smile fades. "He is still quite self-conscious, but as he still wants to swim today he's having difficulties with his choice. If he sees the others out there however, I think he might be convinced to join in, which...I think it would be a very good thing." She admits softly. Jezebel never really goes into what state Sergei was found in, just that it was bad and as a result the boy was extremely wary of revealing himself.

The Lotus Gardens - Mia

"Mia, I like you. I think eventually we could have even become friends."
    Jezebel admits after a few long seconds of silence. "But I'm not going to start a war over you or your people. If it was simply needing help with taking your people and belongings to a new place, I would be more than willing to assist you. I would likely have been able to soothe any hurt feelings between Southside and Eastside. But you're asking me to seize your territory by force if necessary. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to help you by doing so."

The Lotus Gardens - Wenomir and Harnetta

"Reluctance is understandable, and perhaps even more so when you see the weapon I wield. If you'd rather not face it today once I let you examine it, I more than understand. I don't believe either of you are actually familiar with it, but do you know what an Eviscerator is?" Jezebel asks, genuinely quite curious as to what the two might have heard about such a weapon. "It is the weapon I've grown to use and quite rare even where I am from. If I weren't used to it, I'd be hesitant to call it a proper weapon, but it is what it is."

The Empress' Estate - The Frescots

"You've only aged three days, fret not."
    The Empress says, a hint of amusement in her tone at the accusation. She'll stand after her statement and pull her helm on. "I will give you some time alone. There will be food ready for your family on the banquet table in the Hall when you're done." She says, and unless either of the two stop her, she'll head out of the room and shut the door behind her to give the married couple their privacy.

Eastside Streets

Vax's estimation seems to be somewhat correct, for a lean dark-haired man wearing the patented Hunter's black leather trench coat begins running alongside her, yelling into a cellphone for some assistance with directions for how others can join him. The words "Pursuit" and "Possible Use of Force" are easily heard before the man puts on a burst of speed, slides over a parked car and darts in front of the plant monster. A hand gets slammed onto the ground and thin white chains of glowing light erupt to latch onto buildings from the road to try and make a thin and fragile web to slow Vax down. He doesn't seem to have spotted the gorgon just yet.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lotus Gardens - Harnetta & Wenomir]

Wenomir looks taken aback at first.

"That's not what I-" He pauses. Maybe not, but that's kind of what it came off as, didn't it? "But you have a point. I guess I'm just... reluctant, but it's unbecoming of someone who follows the Riddle. I'll spar, and we'll see where it takes us. Maybe we'll see just how much in common we do or do not have."
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    The Lotus Gardens - Wenomir and Harnetta

"Reluctance is understandable, and perhaps even more so when you see the weapon I wield. If you'd rather not face it today once I let you examine it, I more than understand. I don't believe either of you are actually familiar with it, but do you know what an Eviscerator is?" Jezebel asks, genuinely quite curious as to what the two might have heard about such a weapon. "It is the weapon I've grown to use and quite rare even where I am from. If I weren't used to it, I'd be hesitant to call it a proper weapon, but it is what it is."
    [the Lotus Gardens - Harnetta & Wenomir]

"I've seen one before. They're absolutely monstrous - I'll admit, I'm extremely curious what sort of techniques a person uses with one of those, because the blades just don't lend themselves well to basic swordplay." Harnetta nods to herself. She's even more eager to see them spar, now.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

"I've never heard of it, but it sounds spectacular," Wenomir admits. "That's never made me hesitate before, though. As they say, bring it on."

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lotus Gardens - Wenomir & Harnetta

"An Eviscerator is a weapon sometimes employed by the priests of my world and there are actually a fair number of techniques depending on the model you choose."
    Jezebel explains as she reaches out to her side, into a small glowing portal to pull out her weapon. It...is an ornate piece, certainly. Ornate and ugly as sin itself to anyone who prizes functional weaponry. The chassis(and yes, it is large enough to say it has a chassis) is dulled silver and heavily carved with gothic images of skulls, angels, demons, and fair maidens. The handle is more than large enough to hold four hands, let alone the two a normal person has, and there are two strips of chainblades running along the impact surface. "Mine is heavily modified, weighing a modest eight kilos instead of the standard fifteen as it has been constructed mainly with mithral and adamantine. While there might be similar ores where I am from, I have no supply so had to choose the best that I could afford here. The engine housing, encased within the armor behind the parallel chains of monomolecular blades, has been miniaturized and made efficient, and the handle holds two series of pressure switches which allow my hands to control which way I want each individual chain to spin. I've had it structurally reinforced in places where the engine has been removed, and I've also had a weight-modulator added, allowing me to lighten it to only 2 kilos instead when I choose to, even in the middle of a swing." She explains, standing as she finishes and offering it hilt first to Wenomir to examine if he wishes.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnetta looks over it curiously, nodding to herself, "Do you strike with it, or try to hold it against someone? Progressively cutting seems like it'd work better against heavy armor, but there's no way that's a smart tactic when you're in a fight," Speed is life after all. The moment you stop moving in a fight, the moment someone cuts out something vital. Like your throat.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

ಠ_ಠ

Wenomir can't hide his incredulity when he reaches out for the weapon. What is this?

"This is the most... I have no idea how one could wield it without being killed. Probably by this very weapon, or by the enemy as you're occupied trying to use it."

30. - Top - End - #270

Northside Tour

"I'm afraid I can't really summarize northsides population with a theme. You must understand, at this point, nearly half our population is made up from Elshar, and the rest are people originally from the nexus. Therefore, northside is by far the most populous of the four sides, but also the most diverse. There are a lot of potential conflicts between the new and the old population, and we're trying to avoid it escalating, but it isn't always easy. However, in a way the outside threats counteracts that brewing conflict as they unite against a common threat. But that's not really a way to keep things safe, so we're putting in more guards, not only to protect the populace from invaders, but from themselves." Celestel explains as they are flying above what appears to be the poor districts. A lot of cheap-looking apartments stacked upon one another.

Eastside Streets

"Eastside forces." Nazaan observes in a grim tone. "We won't be able to hide in the compound if they are perusing." In his mind, Eastside was nearly as bad as Northside, there was no telling if their government was dancing along Malechenar's strings or not. However... "We might have to take a chance and try to talk them down unless we can't lose them."

The gorgon continues moving towards them, though slows down slightly as she notices the eastside hunters. This was getting a bit political...

[MERC Office - Electra]

"I got nothing to add either. Looks like we've done." Dena observes.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-08-23 at 07:46 PM.