New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Baal Epic: Part One

Oh that.
    Nah, that title's mine. You two half-gods merely picked up the things over which I hold true dominion.

I didn't actually vote for Kish. That post was a throwaway joke. I don't have any reason to kill either of you.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2017-08-04 at 02:47 PM.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Default Day One Ends

Day One has Ended, Shahar has ceased his light, and Shalim eases the earth into sleep.

"The Great God Yam will not allow rebellion, Judge Nahar shall not tolerate insurrection," said the tyrant lord of the gods.
    "By El's authority, through my birthright as Prince over the gods, I command that Baal be killed, that the Rider of Clouds be slain."

The search for the god was cut away
    The hunt for Baal could not go on

For the gods quarreled, and their agendas locked. The Heavenly Host could not unite, for all held secrets.

"We shall slay the quiet," said the loud, "for secrets are best locked within their mouths."
    "We shall slay the deathly," said another, "for the deathly will most want bloodshed."
    "Do not slay me," said a voice. It was small, but backed by bravado.
    "We shall slay that one," said the loud, "for daring to speak to the gods with a command."
    "You merely want bloodshed!" came the replies.
    This was something the loud could not deny.

Ultimately, no gods agreed.
    No consensus could be reached.
    "If you shall not give up the god whom you harbor," Yam said;
    "I shall slay him myself! And Mot shall claim him, a lip to the stars and a lip to the earth, swallowing the dead Rider of Clouds!"

Tie Vote: No Lynch

Begin Night One

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

Wolves – Yam’s Inner Council
    Yam’s Inner Council seeks to control the Heavenly Host by wiping out dissidents and wins when Baal’s Allies are defeated.
    Yam-Nahar, Alpha. Tyrant Lord of the Gods, runs the pantheon from within this Inner Council. His will is the ultimate decision on the Council’s night kill.
    Elith-Asherah, Devil. Mother of the Gods, is the wife of El-Shunem. She favors Yam above her other sons and was a key reason for Yam’s status as Heir of El. Each night she shall search for her son Baal to end this conflict.
    El-Shunem, Vortexer. King and Father of the Gods, chose Yam to succeed him primarily due to his wife’s influence. He nevertheless stands by his decisions and would stand against anyone who would question them. Father of Years, he possesses the power to protect with one hand and bring ruin with another, making people who target one person strike another.

Town – Heavenly Host
    The Town is the prize for the victor, and as such neither team particularly wants to kill the Heavenly Host, but if a few gods are caught in the crossfire neither team shall lose sleep. A few of the more powerful gods, however, have their own agendas that shall interfere with the battle around them. Listed are power roles, but other gods of the pantheon shall be included based on the power of the others.
    Sydyk, Baner. God of justice, Sydyk has been implored by Yam to respect the order of deities and accept Yam as Judge over all while Baal urges Sydyk to end the injustice that is Yam’s reign.
    Attar the Terror, Vigilante. Attar was also in the running for becoming Judge over all the gods, and sees this rebellion as his chance to take the throne if both Baal and Yam happen to die.
    Shahar, Lover. God of the Dawn and born from a mortal woman with his twin brother Shalim, Shahar has little power. Insecure about his own failings, he is violent and rash.
    Shalim, Lover. God of the Dusk and born from a mortal woman with his twin brother Shahar, Shalim has little power. At peace with his place in the world, Shalim is level-headed and calm (the phrases “shalom” and “salam” have related etymologies to his name).
    Marqod, Voider. God of dancing who can distract one target each night.
    Shapash, Booster. God(dess?) of the sun who can improve a person's powers or keep away any distractions.
    Yellow One of Mot, Seer. Working for Mot, his goals are a secret that shall follow the Yellow One into the grave.

Wolves – Baal’s Allies
    Baal’s Allies seek to dethrone Yam and instate Baal as Judge over all. They win when Yam’s Inner Council is destroyed.
    Baal Haddu, Alpha. Baal believes himself to be the true heir to El-Shunem’s throne and is willing to remove Yam from the picture to take his rightful place.
    Anat-Astarte, Beast. Anat stands firmly by her brother Baal (despite Yam also being her brother) as the rightful Judge over the Heavenly Host. A goddess of bloodlust and battle, she will not die without a fight.
    Kothar wa-Kasis, Devil. Kothar wa-Kasis is the craftsman of the gods, but harbors a secret hatred for Yam. Each night, he shall search for Judge Nahar so that the clubs he fashioned, Yagrush and Ayumar, can be used to break Yam’s back and split his skull.

Spoiler: Player List
    Show

Player Role Result
    Ramsus
    Fin
    Xihirli Attar the Terror Incapacitated Day Two
    Libro
    Eternis
    super345
    TheMatthew
    Ronnoc
    Fuchur
    Duck999 Baal-Haddu Incapacitated Night One
    Graydeath
    Kish
    Sanity702
    Silent_Interrim

Last edited by Indarra; 2017-08-11 at 10:52 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

After looking through the rolelist, I don't see how nobody was lynched. Can someone explain?

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999
    Fuchur clearly just wanted that extra night kill if it had started in night phase.
    Games are better to start at night so you maybe have at least something to come up with for Day 1. There's usually not many leads by then as well but it still gives more time to think about strategies. So, please take it with a grain of salt if you didn't figure out already.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Colossus in the Playground

Four votes for Silent_Interim, four votes for Graydeath: tie vote. The rolelist doesn't have anything to do with it.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Wait.
    Did I save someone's life?
    Oops.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Night One Ends

Baal Haddu, aware of the danger he was in as Yam-Nahar, Judge of the Heavenly Host, sought his head, knew that he had to act fast, knew he must take speed, beginning to club down his enemies, beginning to strike out with Ayumar and Yagrush, twin clubs that could fly from his fingers like an eagle, crushing those before him.
    He found himself unable to take actions, however, as before him danced Marqod, mesmerising in his powerful sways.
    Baal tried to aim, could not focus. The Rider of Clouds tried to strike, was distracted.
    Behind him he could not hear, at his rear he could not detect,
    Until it was too late, after his time had passed,
    When Prince Yam laughed, when Judge Nahar guffawed:
    "Here he is, Rider of Clouds, Baal Haddu, Him Whom the Multitudes Adore! You are mine to lord over, the god Haddu that I possess!"
    A blow from Yam, a swipe from Nahar,
    And Baal was down, Haddu was struck.

Duck999 was incapacitated in the night. This is functionally identical to dead.

Show

Yam’s Inner Council seeks to control the Heavenly Host by wiping out dissidents and wins when Baal’s Allies are defeated.
    Yam-Nahar, Alpha. Tyrant Lord of the Gods, runs the pantheon from within this Inner Council. His will is the ultimate decision on the Council’s night kill.
    Elith-Asherah, Devil. Mother of the Gods, is the wife of El-Shunem. She favors Yam above her other sons and was a key reason for Yam’s status as Heir of El. Each night she shall search for her son Baal to end this conflict.
    El-Shunem, Vortexer. King and Father of the Gods, chose Yam to succeed him primarily due to his wife’s influence. He nevertheless stands by his decisions and would stand against anyone who would question them. Father of Years, he possesses the power to protect with one hand and bring ruin with another, making people who target one person strike another.

Town – Heavenly Host
    The Town is the prize for the victor, and as such neither team particularly wants to kill the Heavenly Host, but if a few gods are caught in the crossfire neither team shall lose sleep. A few of the more powerful gods, however, have their own agendas that shall interfere with the battle around them. Listed are power roles, but other gods of the pantheon shall be included based on the power of the others.
    Sydyk, Baner. God of justice, Sydyk has been implored by Yam to respect the order of deities and accept Yam as Judge over all while Baal urges Sydyk to end the injustice that is Yam’s reign.
    Attar the Terror, Vigilante. Attar was also in the running for becoming Judge over all the gods, and sees this rebellion as his chance to take the throne if both Baal and Yam happen to die.
    Shahar, Lover. God of the Dawn and born from a mortal woman with his twin brother Shalim, Shahar has little power. Insecure about his own failings, he is violent and rash.
    Shalim, Lover. God of the Dusk and born from a mortal woman with his twin brother Shahar, Shalim has little power. At peace with his place in the world, Shalim is level-headed and calm (the phrases “shalom” and “salam” have related etymologies to his name).
    Shapash, Booster. God(dess?) of the sun who can improve a person's powers or keep away any distractions.
    Yellow One of Mot, Seer. Working for Mot, his goals are a secret that shall follow the Yellow One into the grave.

Wolves – Baal’s Allies
    Baal’s Allies seek to dethrone Yam and instate Baal as Judge over all. They win when Yam’s Inner Council is destroyed.
    Baal Haddu, Alpha. Baal believes himself to be the true heir to El-Shunem’s throne and is willing to remove Yam from the picture to take his rightful place.
    Anat-Astarte, Beast. Anat stands firmly by her brother Baal (despite Yam also being her brother) as the rightful Judge over the Heavenly Host. A goddess of bloodlust and battle, she will not die without a fight.
    Kothar wa-Kasis, Devil. Kothar wa-Kasis is the craftsman of the gods, but harbors a secret hatred for Yam. Each night, he shall search for Judge Nahar so that the clubs he fashioned, Yagrush and Ayumar, can be used to break Yam’s back and split his skull.

Show

Player Role Result
    Ramsus
    Fin
    Libro
    Eternis
    super345
    TheMatthew
    Ronnoc
    Fuchur
    Graydeath
    Kish
    Sanity702
    Silent_Interrim

Begin Day Two
    Last edited by Indarra; 2017-08-11 at 10:52 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

Hearken unto me Judge Nahar and hear the words of Shalim.
    Your rival lies insensate at thy feet, to weak to pose a threat.
    Bold Anat-Astarte and wise Kothar wa-Kasis are still thy siblings.
    I beg thee prove thy worth as thy father's heir and show mercy to these malcontents.
    Thus peace may return to the halls of Elohim.
    Last edited by Ronnoc; 2017-08-09 at 03:25 PM.
    I don't know everything merely everything of importance-Fidelias
    Avatar by the illustrious Lord Raziere

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnoc View Post
    Hearken unto me Judge Nahar and hear the words of Shalim.
    Your rival lies insensate at thy feet, to weak to pose a threat.
    Bold Anat-Astarte and wise Kothar wa-Kasis are still thy siblings.
    I beg thee prove thy worth as thy father's heir and show mercy to these malcontents.
    Thus peace may return to the halls of Elohim.
    Hear hear!
    Yam, tell us who you are if you want peace!
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed, let the Light of Truth shine upon us all
    Let us end the senseless slaughter!
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I'll vote Silent_Interim again, because that worked so well the first time.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2017-08-11 at 03:46 PM.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

I'll counter your Silent_Interim with a GrayDeath!

12. - Top - End - #72
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ah, the truth becomes clear. You do not wish peace, Xihirli. You seek more bloodshed. Very well. Your blood, it shall be shed.
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Spoiler: STUFFS
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Being terrible at being a wolf since always.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, the truth becomes clear. You do not wish peace, Xihirli. You seek more bloodshed. Very well. Your blood, it shall be shed.
    "Truth?"
    Stop making up words, SI.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Colossus in the Playground

I find the quiet one's argument quite compelling, Xihirli.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Before I happen to make another bandwagon vote, what are the leads we are going by (if any)?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Literally nothing Fuchur. We're basically at Day 1 since Day 1 resulted in a tie where nobody died.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fuchur View Post
    Before I happen to make another bandwagon vote, what are the leads we are going by (if any)?
    If it makes you feel any better I know two wolves.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Got a quick minute today sorry for not really being here sooner Xihirli for having the audacity to be above me
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

But I don't want to die.
    How about someone who's had all day to vote and hasn't?

Graydeath I volunteer you to die in my stead.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

I strongly suspect that Ramsus intervened to save SI.
    For any team of wolves without them on your team to consider.
    Bye all!
    And know the posthumous vengeance of ATTAR THE TERROR, GOD OF SUNRISE AND SUNSET!
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2017-08-11 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Spelling error

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

I vote Xihirli. We must stop the bloodthirsty one before he kills us all.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Day One Ends

Day Two has Ended, and the Evening Star Rises as the Evening Star Falls

"The Rider of Clouds is defeated," Yam announces.
    "Baal Haddu is cast down," declared Judge Nahar.
    "Any that would still stand in the way of my rule-"
    The discarded clubs of Baal Haddu, dropped by the great god, were lifted.
    A god seized Ayumar and Yagrush.
    "Your name is Ayumar," Attar the Terror reminded the club.
    "Ayumar, drive Yam, Nahar from the seat of his sovereignty.
    Strike the arm of Prince Yam, break the limb of Judge Nahar!"
    Ayumar flew, like an eagle from his fingers.
    It struck the arm of Prince Yam, broke the limb of Judge Nahar.
    "Your name is Yagrush," Attar the Terror reminded the club.
    "Yagrush, chase Yam, Nahar from the seat of his sovereignty.
    Strike the head of prince Yam, break the skull of Judge Nahar!
    Let Yam sink, and fall to the earth!"
    Yagrush flew, like an eagle from his fingers.
    It stopped in the hand of Bull El
    'Twas caught by the King Father Shunem.
    Yagrush flew, like an eagle from his fingers.
    It struck the head of Attar, broke the skull of The Terror.
    Attar sank
    Fell to the earth
    And Attar is, indeed, struck down.

Xihirli was lynched and incapacitated. She was Attar the Terror, god of the Morning and Evening Star.

Begin Night Two

Show

Town – Heavenly Host

Wolves – Baal’s Allies

Show

Player Role Result
    Ramsus
    Fin
    Libro
    Eternis
    super345
    TheMatthew
    Ronnoc
    Fuchur
    Graydeath
    Kish
    Sanity702
    Silent_Interrim

Last edited by Indarra; 2017-08-11 at 10:50 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Man, and I never even got to kill anyone.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

I am amazed disappointed by your restraint.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

I only had two shots.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry guys for not.voting, I have family visiting atm, so my PC time is strictly limited.
    Good I didn't die because of that though thx xihrli for being a better target :)
    Last edited by GrayDeath; 2017-08-13 at 04:49 PM.
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

No problem, man. Anytime.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Barbarian in the Playground

Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Spoiler: STUFFS
    Show
    Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned
    'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Being terrible at being a wolf since always.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: The Baal Epic: Part One

No problem, man. Anytime.
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    These are the times when I really love this forum.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

The nights should be shorter. It feels like the game drags too much with constant 3-day phases.