Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 416
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    Upon looking around hyde spots a weird rat type creature with wings sneaking up on Alessia. Knowing he wouldn't make it in time he screams at the top of his lungs, now no longer caring if he's seen "ALESSIA! LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!. then he jumps down without looking carefully and catches his foot on a rock upon landing and misses his balance and falls forward catching himself before smacking his face into a jagged piece of rubble.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TankLaser007's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    Crik-Sa Kor

    He turns to look at where there refuge once was, the door quickly fading, there is Alessia and behind her a strange creature like a rat with wings. He pivots his body towards the where the creature ism his tentaclaw gently nudges Dorian so that he lowers his centre of gravity then there is schlthp as one of his spines is ejected from his body and hurtles towards the rat-thing with deadly force. Yet living it still alive.

    Seeing more coming the wings on his back begin humming as his chitin sleeve slides open and he take a few steps down the hill and then leaps into the air with a buzzing sound, twisting slightly as he comes down behind the rats, his mandibles clicking as his wings slide back into their armoured sheath.

    Spoiler: Attack
    Show

    Spine - (1d20+6)[24] Damage - Piercing - (1d8+2)[4] Reflex Save vs DC 16 or -1 Atk, Svs, Skills. Removing the Spine Causes Damage equal to the initial hit.


    Spoiler: Sheet
    Show


    Male Chaotic Neutral Proto-Thri-Kreen Mutant Evo 1 || LA +1
    Level 1, Init 5, HP 12/12, DR - / -, Speed 30'
    AC 21, Touch 15, Flat-footed 16
    Fort 5, Ref 5, Will 3, Base Attack Bonus 0
    Full Attack +6 / +6 / +6 / +6 Claws (1d4+5), +6 / +6 Tentacles (1d3+2), +6 Bite (1d4+2), +6 Proboscis (1d4+2)
    Spines +6 (1d8+2)
    Unarmed Strike +6 (1d3+5)
    Natural Armour (+6 Natural Armour, +5 Dex)
    Abilities Str 20, Dex 20, Con 19, Int 13, Wis 17, Cha 09
    Skills Jump 35, Heal 8, Balance / Climb / Tumble 6,
    Spot / Listen / Hide / Move Silently 5, Sense Motive 4

    Description

    Crik-Sa Korr stands at 7' 3" yet may be taller considering he is often slightly crouched, his carapaces is thicker than that of other Thri-Kree and its colour is a deep almost black green while his eyes are an iridescent amber that almost seem to glow red. He possesses many of the normal features of his race, four limbs ending in clawed hands, powerful legs built for leaping and mandibles capable of secreting a paralytic venom. However in addition he possess an extra pair of limbs that are beneath his normal arms yet instead of bearing clawed hands they are simply capped with sharp chitin, his mandibles conceal a barbed proboscis that allows him to both strike and feed and his carapace is covered in spiny protrusions which he can retract or fire with surprising range, accuracy and power.

    Backstory


    Spoiler
    Show

    Crik-Sa Kor or “Creek” as the other survivors have come to affectionately call him originally came to Beomsfeld as an egg from a clutch of fourteen eggs carried by brood guardians who came as refugees from their hunting lands in the wilds of Amarth which had fallen to the advancing armies of the Clemant Empire.

    Although his species had a strong dislike, borne of distrust, for other races necessity of protecting the brood and the future of their race led them to Beomsfeld. These were the last eggs from their respective clutches. What once were a series of tribes and families numbering in the hundreds had been reduced to a mere hand full of scattered groups numbering five or six each. Thousands of eggs had been lost or destroyed in the chaos, a group of desperate Thri-Kreen banded together for the sole purpose of getting as many eggs to safety as they could.

    They had come to this city because some travellers they had met on the way mentioned that there was a “special place” for awaiting birth in a place called "Beomsfeld" and they thought this was the best hope for preserving the future of their people. So it was that the group of six Kreen came to the city with their treasure of 14 eggs. After some initial confusion with the guards who watched over the birthing area Pentule arrived and explained that these Kreen, after a fashion, were also “expectant ‘mothers’” and so they were admitted in with their precious cargo in tow.

    What happened next is known to all those who survived that terrible day. The disaster that befell Beomsfeld will be lamented in the songs of bards for centuries to come. All but one of the original six Kreen died in the initial disaster. Leaving only a young female Chuth-Kra to look after the eggs. Sadly eight of the 14 eggs were too badly damaged when the meteor struck leaving only six viable eggs left.

    In the days that came slowly, one after another, the eggs hatched, however, many of the new Kreen passed away, some to raids and accidents but some seemed sickly or had strange unusual features and for some unknown reason it seemed the normal period of gestation was somehow changed. Most clutches hatched together but these eggs, each seemed to hatch in their own time, and each Kreen that emerged was somehow quite unlike any of the others of their species or clutch.

    Chuth-Kra was worried that she had failed and at last she only had two remaining eggs unhatched. Then one day Crik-Sa of the Kor Clutch was born, he emerged with days and hours of many of the children of some of the other women who were there and he seemed to bond with these children as if they were his clutch mates, despite them not being Thri-Kreen nor from his brood.

    Chuth-Kra brought him up as she would have any Kreen, but he was neither normal in appearance or environment to those of their people. Like most he bore the insect like semblance renown for their species but he seemed to have an extra pair of appendages, slender and long, they seemed more akin to antenna or tentacles than proper Kreen arms, they lacked the claws and thumbs of a normal limb and ended instead in a sharp cap. Like the rest of his body they were covered in a hardy carapace. Yet unlike most of his normal peers his chitin seemed much thicker and harder than most, the heaviness perhaps also made him much slower of foot than others of his race. He was also covered in many small barbed spines, as he matured it seemed he could eject these spiny growths to great lengths and with surprising accuracy. He also possessed within his much larger mandibles a barbed proboscis that could be ejected at great speed and force and also used to feed.

    Yet despite all of this, or perhaps because of it, he also seemed disturbed. He was often agitated, restless, he seemed troubled, he became obsessively worried about the last remaining egg which he used to check on incessantly until Chuth-Ka finally made him a small armoured sling and allowed him to carry it with him. It never left his side. Once he began to keep it with him he seemed much improved although he was still prone to bouts of anger and rage and at times seemed to be in commune or contact with people Chuth-Kra could neither see nor hear. Perhaps he knew instinctively what she never told him – that that egg was the only one left from his clutch, lain by has biological mother. She feared that if he knew and something went wrong that he would never recover.

    Then the day of the attack occurred, Crik-Sa had wanted to rush into the fray with the other remaining adults but Chuth-Kra had forced him into the magical construct telling him “Protect them! They are you clutch mates” so begrudgingly he stayed with the other children as Chuth-Kra and the rest of their community were killed. Now he must continue on but he is determined to fulfil his “mother’s” last wish and to protect these other children with his dying breath.


    Spoiler: 10-Minute Background
    Show

    Step 1: Write 5 background and concept elements that you feel are important to your image of the character.
    • Is from a more feral sturdy and less refined Thri-Kreen stock, despite his rearing he has bestial urges he tries to keep in check
    • Considers the other children as his Clutch-mates, meaning they are much closer than family -- almost an extension of his self in other bodies.
    • He feels lost without Chuth-Kra this is the first time in his life without a clear leader or authority figure.
    • Keeping the other children safe from harm is now one of his only clear purposes and drives -- and the last thing Chuth-Kra ordered him to do.
    • He sometimes hears voices and sees things which it seems others do not.
    • Obsessively protective of the egg he caries which he has named "Okk-Kor".

    Step 2: List at least two goals for the character.
    • To see Okk-Kor hatch and meet his little brother or sister.
    • Find out what happened to the rest of the Thri-Kreen. Is he and Okk the last of their kind?

    Step 3: List at least two secrets about your character. One is a secret the character knows, one is a secret that involves him but that he is not actually aware of yet.
    • (Known) He is mentally unstable, prone to bouts of rage and a lack of lucidity.
    • (Unknown) An ancient Abyssal intelligence was separated from its body during the meteor strike and while looking for a physical form entered Cirk and Okk's eggs splitting its essence between the two so that it no longer exists except as a primal fragmented consciousness.

    Step 4: Describe at least three people that are tied to the character. Two of them are friendly to the character, one is hostile.
    • (Friendly)
    • (Friendly)
    • (Hostile)

    Step 5: Describe three memories, mannerisms, or quirks that your character has.
    • (Memory) Leaping and jumping among the ruined buildings with Chuth-Kra when he was newly hatched.
    • (Mannerism) Rubbing his wings or tentaclaws together producing a cricket or cicada like chirp when he becomes excited.
    • (Quirk) Speaking to his egg Okk as if it understands him and responds.

    Last edited by TankLaser007; 2017-07-14 at 03:56 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ripptor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    Zephyrinque leaps over the short wall, dive kicking the feathered rat. As it's body crumples beneath the weight of her blow, she blushed in embarrassment for a moment at the surprising amount of force she displayed...

    Her feelings are cut short when she suddenly picks up several more of the same nearby. "More, along the North wall!" She points out, continuing her run eastward to the next threat.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show

    Swift Jump Eastward: (1d20+9)[23]
    Ending in F4

    Full Attack:
    Kick: (1d20+5)[18], Damage: (1d4+4)[6]
    Claw: (1d20+3)[21], Damage: (1d6+4)[8]
    Claw: (1d20+3)[6], Damage: (1d6+4)[5]


  4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Centaurion's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    Moira stays where she is, drawing another hammer and then she seems as if she has a bad ache in her stomach.

    Once a rat comes into line of effect: Her body shakes for a moment, her face distorted in agony, then she appears to regurgitate something and spits out a ball of dark, sticky tarp, trying to entangle the creature.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Move action: Draw second weapon.
    Standard action: Ready a resin spit to hit a rat once it comes into her line of effect, maximal distance 40ft.
    Ranged touch attack: (1d20+4)[24]. Range increment is 10ft.
    DC for getting free (strength or escape artist): 10+1/2 Mutator Level+CON+4 = 17.
    Thanks, Rizban for the awesome avatar!

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gensokyo Asylum

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    Finally standing after her earlier slip-up, Medina notices one of the rats pointed out by Zephyrinque. She heads northwest and punts the closest rat she saw.

    Spoiler: Movement and Rolls
    Show

    Move to F4,
    Kick Punt [roll0] [roll1]

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gensokyo Asylum

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    Spoiler: WORKING rolls
    Show
    (1d20+5)[17] (1d6+4)[9]

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gensokyo Asylum

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    Spoiler: I messed up, ignore the 1d6 from last roll
    Show
    (1d3+4)[7]

    I can't roll today :(

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    Alessia hears Hyde shout his warning and shortly after a quill comes flying past, landing in the flesh of the rat.

    She steps forward with her hands extended as a great spear materializes in her grip. It has a long, sharp tip and gives off an azure glow. She turns on her heel and charges directly at the injured rat, both hands thrusting the spear as she lets out a feral growl.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    5' step to N15 and spin around.
    Free Action to manifest Soul Weapon as a Ripper. (2d6 19-20/x2 P)
    Full Action Charge to N17.
    To Hit (1d20+6)[25]
    To Hurt (2d6+7)[11]

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    To Confirm Critical (1d20+6)[19]

    Edit: Solid Crit! Double Damage!
    Last edited by November; 2017-07-15 at 01:48 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Mnemnosyne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    Glancing down at Alessia and seeing that she's taking care of the rat without an issue, Tyra growls lowly to herself about the fact that everyone is spreading out more, instead of clustering up. Hoping there isn't gonna be another wave of them, she hurries over to help Zephyrnique; she knows Crik is tough and can handle any trouble, and...while it looks like Zephyr isn't going to have any issues either, she has always avoided too much physical scuffling, so to Tyra's mind, she's in greater need of help than Crik. Running across the battlefield, she stops astride the tiny wall that barely comes up to her knees, reaching out and slashing at the rat further away with her right claw, as her thin dual-tails thrash about a bit behind her.

    Spoiler: Action, Rolls
    Show

    Move to F-5.
    Attack Rat2 (assuming Rat3 is dead from Zeph's full attack).
    Attack: (1d20+9)[10]
    Damage: (1d4+8)[11]
    -Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
    Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    Dorian Safehaven

    Dorian charges the nearest rat, dipping low to the ground and keeping his steps light.

    Spoiler: Battle Actions
    Show

    Actions
    Full-Round: None
    Immediate: None
    Move: To nearest rat. (If I can make it that far?)
    Standard: Attack rat. (If I can make it that far?)
    Swift: None

    Standard Attack
    Attack One (Kukri)
    Attack
    (1d20+3)[20]
    Damage
    (1d4+1)[2] (Slashing)

    Critical Confirm (18-20/x2)
    Attack
    (1d20+3)[14]
    Damage
    (2d4+2)[8] (Slashing)

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    Round 1 Wrap Up

    After decisively ending the first rat to show itself, Zephyr makes use of a martial maneuver called Charging Minituar on her next target of opportunity.
    Charging minotaur? The maneuver is aptly named as, when the second rat pokes it's little furry head out, it's met by Zeph's fist. The sound of it's wings falling to the ground is loud across in the relative quiet.
    The air around Tyra shimmers slightly as she invokes a protective field around herself as Medina passes through with the intent of crushing a third rat. She can feel the small bones snapping against her knuckles. It shudders and whimpers in pain.
    Hyde uses his elevated position to spot a rat no one had yet seen and cries out to warn Alessia of her danger. In his excitement to help out he leaps from the pillar and lands on a loose stone. He lands on his butt in time to see a well-aimed quill shoot past both himself and Alessia to pin the rat to the dirt.
    As Crik and Dorian race to handle to rats nearby, Alessia impales the pinned rat with such force that the remains vanish. It didn't even have the chance to squeak.
    Dorian's blade finds purchase on the target of his choosing, cutting off it's tail completely. The rodent looks at him. Looks at his tails. Looks at it's own tail severed from it. Looks at Dorian once again. And SHRIEKS!
    Tyra strides with great purpose to Zephyr's side and ends the suffering of the whimpering rat. With her foot. The sound of winged rat turning into paste triggers another shriek immediately west of Moira.
    The new rat is sitting up on it's haunches, arms spread, and mouth open to the sky. From behind it leaps another rat, wings beating furiously. Rats were never meant to fly and this one proves true to that as it falls at Moira.
    Moira's ball of resin is a complete and total surprise to the little thing. It hits square on, engulfing the rat entirely, and knocks it back into the shrieker behind it. The resin solidifies with one rat inside and one stuck to the outside.

    A shriek from the distance carries across the city and is rewarded with echoes from locations to the north, south and east.
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2017-07-16 at 03:15 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    Rat4 is alive and shrieking at S4. It's now tailess.
    Rat8 is suffocating in a ball of resin at B10.
    Rat7 is immobilized stick to the same ball of resin, shrieking.

    All other rats in this combat are dead, dead, dead.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Centaurion's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    Moira

    "Quick, we need to get our stuff together and leave. They are probably not after us, but ... the corpses"

    She runs over to the shack to grab the camping equipment.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Actions: Moving and picking up. If you dislike the idea of this shack, then just let me know, and I will change my post accordingly. I imagine no specialized equipment in there, and most importantly no rat-repulsing spray. But a few bedrolls, blankets, backpacks, a flint and steel, a few waterskins, stuff like this. I will happily pay them from the GP I still have. Is that alright?
    Thanks, Rizban for the awesome avatar!

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Centaurion View Post
    Moira

    "Quick, we need to get our stuff together and leave. They are probably not after us, but ... the corpses"

    She runs over to the shack to grab the camping equipment.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Actions: Moving and picking up. If you dislike the idea of this shack, then just let me know, and I will change my post accordingly. I imagine no specialized equipment in there, and most importantly no rat-repulsing spray. But a few bedrolls, blankets, backpacks, a flint and steel, a few waterskins, stuff like this. I will happily pay them from the GP I still have. Is that alright?
    You are clear, as a group, to collect such things as you'd like to take with you.
    Available: Oh, just add a what equipment you might need and can carry to your sheets. There is a small chest with hold collected idly over the years totalling 2,319g.
    And two rucksacks that you've not seen before. They are full, heavy and secured shut. 75lbs
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2017-07-16 at 04:00 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ripptor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    Hearing everyone moving south, Zephyrinque runs around the outside of the wall to keep watch and keep up, and finds herald face to face with a rat spot-on. "Gross!" She mutters, before trying to put them out of their misery...

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show

    Move 40ft around the wall
    Ending in B9

    Steel Wind:
    Claw: (1d20+5)[10], Damage: (1d6+4)[10]
    Claw: (1d20+5)[23], Damage: (1d6+4)[8]


  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    Rat7 is quite dead. Rat8 can't even struggle inside it's resin tomb.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Mnemnosyne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    "...yeah. Yeah, we can't stay here and try to deal with this, there's probably going to be too many." Seeing Moira grabbing stuff from the shed, and Zephyr finishing off the stickied-up rats, Tyralisa glances around; one is still squealing, but she figures Creek will take care of it in a moment, it's near him. She hurries over towards Moira, figuring she can help. "We're going to want to leave town to the west, along where the old trade road is." Speaking loudly, so those far away can hear, she explains, "The rats will probably stick to the town; once we get past the ruins we should be in the clear, so we can stop and figure out what we're gonna do."

    Tyra grabs one of the rucksacks and slips it on her back, feeling a little uncomfortable with it but figuring she needed to carry something, and having never seen these before, she decides they're probably worth taking with them if only to check on their contents. She also quickly grabs a pack and shoves the chest of money into it; she isn't sure what's going to happen, but if they ever interact with outsiders, the money might matter, and she knows it's heavy.
    -Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
    Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ripptor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    Zephyrinque continues past the dead rat couple to the shed, grabbing and listening. "Out of town... I've always wanted to cross the border, but this is... intense. It just doesn't seem safe here anymore. It's gotta be better than this out there, right?" Zeph rambles anxiously, filling her already well-laden pack with more equipment. "We must avoid the people who did this though, so the road may be dangerous... We'll have to be on guard against outsiders." Zeph looks west, scanning the horizon and scenting the air for anything like trouble...

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show

    Swift refresh maneuvers
    Move to the shed, taking:

    Animal Call (+1 Survival when hunting for food)
    Pen & Paper (For Notes)
    Rope
    Vials (For Collecting/Examining liquids)

    Anything more than that an I would feel greedy, what with the library in her pack!
    No ranged weapons for her, she doesn't use those. Though I'm sure there are at least simple bows for people who would like them!

    Scent 30ft
    Spot: (1d20+5)[10]
    Listen: (1d20+5)[10]


  20. - Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Mnemnosyne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    Tyralisa grunts a little at Zephyr as she arrives, glancing back at the field. Still speaking loudly, she explains, "I get the impression they got wiped out. Maybe Pentule did something to finish them all off after he made us hide, but look around. Weapons, lootable items still scattered around. They came for stuff - if they'd had survivors, they would have grabbed this stuff and dragged it away. I think these rucksacks might be theirs too. I've never seen these before. They probably set them down to start sorting through our stuff and adding it to theirs."
    -Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
    Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TankLaser007's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    Crik-Sa Kor

    Crik looks at the squeaking rat, then crouches down over it impaling it with a tentaclaw and then raising it to his mandibles which close fast on the rat before his proboscis ejects into the flesh of the rat allowing him to suck meat and blood out of the little beast. He tosses the empty husk over his shoulder as he retracts his spines and jumps back over the wall with the familiar buzz of his wings. Coming to land near the others.

    "We are leaving?" he asks seeing everyone grabbing gear and packs. He points to one of the chests with a claw, "Do you want me to take that, and is everyone unharmed?" he asks looking around at everyone.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    I am guessing we are not really in combat, if you want me to roll for killing the rat I can but otherwise I scoop it up and drain it.

    A light load for me is 133 lbs and I can carry 265 lbs before facing any type of penalties, if anyone wants anything carried.
    Last edited by TankLaser007; 2017-07-17 at 12:05 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    As hyde is getting himself off the ground he hears tyra yell to the group, he then notices the others making their way towards a shack that they seem to be stocking themselves with. He decides to make his way towards them, but on the way he checks the ankles and belts of all the bodies on his way for any daggers he could use for throwing. He doesn't dare let loose his soon to be only memento of his mentor. It will serve well as a weapon, but it will never leave his hands.

    As hyde nears Tyra, he sees her put the unopened rucksack onto her back, are you certain you do not want to check the contents? If it belonged to the looters there might be something we can use, or worse, something we wouldn't want to be carrying. I could try opening it if you would like

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    As Hyde finishes speaking a new voice is added to the shrieking. And it's close. Very close.

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Centaurion's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    Moira is also picking up stuff. For her size and general built, it is somewhat unnatural what this girl can carry. But then again, everyone here probably knows. Hearing more noise, she looks to Crik.

    "Cric, can you jump up and tell us what's going on?"
    Thanks, Rizban for the awesome avatar!

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    TankLaser007's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    Crik nods to Moira. He has always respected and looked up to her. She is one of the providers. She ventured out to find supplies and keep the surrounding areas free from dangers. He crouches down for a moment, all eight of his limbs on the ground as his long body contracts like a compressing spring or coiled snake, then his wings slide out from his back and he jumps straight up in a buzzing whoosh, twisting his body slightly in the air to try to get a view of the largest area.

    Spoiler: Vertical Jump
    Show

    Jump - (1d20+35)[52] ÷ 4 = Height of Jump in Feet. (13')
    Last edited by TankLaser007; 2017-07-17 at 10:05 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    I'll need a Spot check for Crik.

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    Dorian Safehaven

    Looking at the pitiful creature, he sighs. "Sorry to leave you incomplete." He runs for his allies. "We should make a break for it." He shoulders his backpack.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Double move back to his allies so they can leave.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Mnemnosyne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    Hearing the obviously approaching swarms of rats, Tyra shakes her head at Hyde. "Yeah, really sure. We'll check them once we don't have a ton of rats coming toward us. Let's go!" If nobody else grabs the other unfamiliar rucksack, Tyra takes that one too, then sets off, waiting only to make sure that the entire group is together before leaving.
    -Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
    Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    As Crik reaches the apex of his jump he casts his gaze around the broken city.

    The ruins gleam in the sunlight. Green vines cling to walls and clutter alike. What at first appears to be strange carpets of brown and black covering various locales ripples with movement.

    And they are converging on your current location. The closest is only a couple hundred yards away. There are large shapes within the mass...

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ripptor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

    Zephyrinque Sanayd


    Zephyrinque scans the dead bodies again, noting their equipment, before going back into the shed for more herself. Grabbing a large pair of bolt-cutters, she continues, "They didn't take everything, but they definitely took the good stuff. Stuff we could have used, right about now!"

    Something to get us in, something to get us out, and... Zeph eyes up a pair of daggers for a second, before grabbing them and strapping them up like her Mother always did... Hip & Thigh. Craft weapons are more a sophisticated style..."We need to be ready, now. Ready to protect ourselves, from whatever may come." With no more time and a laden pack, she follows Tyra.
    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Shed, continued:

    Universal Solvent (Out of a tough spot)
    Acid (In/Out of a tough spot)
    Bolt Cutters (In/Out of a tough spot)
    Daggers x2 (Wants to at least appear normal...)
    Scroll Case (Keep scrolls from being damaged)
    Potion Belt


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •