New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

Hyde

Damn, still not down. You're not getting away, I'll bring you down one way or another. Hyde keeps his eyes on the flying raptoran, making sure he still doesn't notice him while he reaches inside his bag thinking of the rope while it instantly appears for him to grab.

Hyde pulls the rope out swiftly, eyes still locked on their target while he ties one end of the rope to the immoveable rod, holds it out in front of him before pressing the button, fashioning a lasso, and aiming at the flying creature about 20' away.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    i talked to laird about negating the searching aspect due to the bags magic and making it go with tying it to the rod. My move action will be to "aim" which he said would give me +2 to hit next turn... HES MINE!!

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

R1 fires of another arrow at Kal with a shout, "MORE MUTANTS! EVEN DEAD THEY ARE WORTH GOLD!"
    Spoiler: Arrow to Kal
    Show

Footbow+2
    To Hit (1d20+5)[16]
    To Hurt (1d8+3)[10]

R2 struggles to escape Medina.
    Spoiler: Grapple Check
    Show

(1d20+5)[7]

R5 takes a close look at Alessia and grins before taking another swing at her.
    Spoiler: R5 to Alessia
    Show

To Hit (1d20+7)[8]
    To Hurt (1d6+3)[8]

R7 screams with rage and recklessly swings his staff at Kal.
    Spoiler: Attack
    Show

R7 on Kal with Sharktooth Staff
    To Hit (1d20+7)[15]
    To Hurt (2d6+6)[16]

R6, happy to be untouched and looking to make the most of it, decides Dorian looks like an easier target.
    Spoiler: TWF
    Show

Sap
    To Hit (1d20+5)[8]
    To Hurt (1d6+5)[8] nonlethal

Dwarven Axe-Buckler
    To Hit (1d20+5)[16]
    To Hurt (1d6+1)[5]

R8, continues trying to whack Tyra with his staff. He looks like he's in pain.
    Show

To Hit (1d20+7)[15]
    To Hurt (2d6+3)[12]

R9 takes advantage of having a flanker in his nonlethal assault on Tyra.
    Show

To Hit (1d20+7)[12]
    To Hurt (1d6+5)[10]+(3d6)[14] nonlethal/sneak attack

R10 giggles for a moment at the thought of knocking out Dorian and tries again.
    Spoiler: All these bad guys are hard to keep track of!
    Show

To Hit (1d20+7)[9]
    To Hurt (1d6+5)[8]+(3d6)[11] nonlethal/sneak attack

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

yuk Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

I barely dodge the mace, looking evil at her "Watch it! Keep the touching for when we're not fighting a common enemy, girl!"
    I almost stop to laugh as the staff and the arrow bounce on me.
    "YOU IDIOT, UP UNTIL NOW WE'VE KILLED TWO OF YOU AND NONE OF US, CHICKEN HEAD!" I scream to him, stepping in punch range and grabbing the Raptoran head by the beak, slamming my fist in his jaw.

Spoiler: and now I'll roll a 1
    Show

To hit on R7 (1d20+9)[29]

To damage (1d8+6)[7] physical AND (1d6)[1] fire

Swift: force barrage on R5. Alessia is dangerous, let's avoid to let target remain in her :p(2d4)[5]

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

R7 takes the hit to the face and blood erupts from his mouth and nose. He does not look ready to stop, nor does he look happy at all.

R5 flinches but remains unperturbed.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Alessia rolls her her eyes, the blue glow where white should be. She dismisses the commentary from the young man with a swift turn of her head toward the bird men.

We are all going to die, but at least we will have witty remarks for the citizenry to remember us by.

Quickly she lifts the bloodied mace once again, bringing it down on the creature with a loud grunt.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    To hit (1d20+11)[26]
    To hurt (3d6+14)[19]

6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

The massive mace bounces of the cranium of the raptoran in front of Alessia. One eye turns red.
    He still has fight in him!

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

Gildoron Goldenleaf

The bard takes note of the two Raptorans ganging up on our little fox friend, well two can play that game. Noticing the way Dorian moves, especially his use of his tails to trial to distract and unbalance his opponents couple with his choice of weapon he thinks he could benefit from a flanking partner of his own. With a thought one of the leaves sparkles and shoots off towards the dual wielding Raptoran, as it flies forward it becomes diffuse and semi transparent becoming a slightly shimming leaf shape blade of pure force. It takes a position opposite Dorian and begins stabbing and slashing at the new enemy.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Standard: Use Persistent Blade SLA Attack - (1d20+6)[17] Damage - Force Slashing Piercing - (1d4)[2] Provides Flanking for Dorian vs. R6. 3/3 Rounds
    Move: I will stay centrally located in relation to the other PCs so I am around 30' of each of them if possible. If I am already in such a position then I will try to keep distance or obstacles between myself and the enemies in a way that doesn't inhibit my ability to keep LoS/LoE where needed for maintaining spells and SLAs.
    Last edited by TankLaser007; 2017-10-08 at 01:18 AM.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Hyde

Hyde steadies himself watching the raptoran... as soon as his arrow lets loose, so does Hyde with the rope.
    The rope sails over the expanse seperating them and lands over the raptorans head, only stopped by its wings and outstraetched arm pointing at the group until the raptoran panics and the rope slides down further stopping at its elbow as it pulls his elbow into him as rhe rope goes taught.

Hyde gives a visible YEAH! with his arm and a small jump before taking a few steps back and jumping towards the rope, Hyde grabs on with both hands and spins around the rope, the initial taughtness acting like a bar that he can spin around until his weight starts taking its toll and finally bends where he is on his second go around.

With nowhere for the centifugal force to go, thanks to the immoveable rod, it yanks the raptoran around this way and that until finally colliding hard with the gound in front of the others.

With the rope now more vertical than horizantal, Hyde continues to swing down it using only one hand now more to direct his landing... right on top of the tangled raptoran. Hyde rolls off just as his ffet land on its chest and he gets up with a smile on his face told you i'd get you down here.

Show
    i hope i conveyed that correctly... and hopefully it reads as cool as it does in my head
    Last edited by Dragonlancer83; 2017-10-08 at 03:24 PM.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hyde and I spoke about this. Based on sheer craftiness and awesomeness, I had to endorse this series of actions.
    In addition, normally that fall would be worth 3d6 damage to the bad guy. Due to Hyde's added weight and the whipping action described, I'm going to bump that up to (5d6)[23].

Note: TankLaser, I can't seem to do credit to your already awesome descriptions. Don't think I'm forgetting you.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Not many can say that they used a raptoran to break their fall, but Hyde can add his name to that number. The victim of Hyde's lasso is bleeding on the ground, ensnared and prone.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tyralisa

As Tyralisa's tail connects with the two she was focusing on and they retaliate, she stretches her small wings a little and reels back, giving a half-snarl, half-laugh as their weapons thud ineffectively against her carapace this time. Her tail swishes impressively for a moment as she lets out a bellowing screech, then seeing that one of them appears to be more injured, Tyralisa focuses on that one, twisting her body and striking with her tail, following up with a backhanded slam and then a rising punch with a clenched fist as she plows one arm, then the other into the raptoran attacking her.
    Show
    Swift Action: Recover maneuvers.
    Full-Round Action: Full Attack on R8 (if one of the attacks finishes him, switch remaining attacks to R9).

Tail Attack: (1d20+15)[35]
    Tail Damage: (1d6+15)[20]

Slam Attack: (1d20+10)[12]
    Slam Damage: (1d6+8)[13]

Slam Attack (2): (1d20+10)[13]
    Slam Damage (2): (1d6+8)[10]
    -Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
    Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Tyra's tail cracks across R8's chest with an ugly thud. Her hands fail to find proper purchase to finish the job, but he still looks far worse for the wear.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Firbolg in the Playground

Dorian Safehaven

Dorian doesn't let his smile slip when he missed his last slice, he simply goes in for another!

Spoiler: Battle Actions
    Show

Actions
    Full-Round: None
    Immediate: None
    Move: None
    Standard: Attack R10
    Swift: None

Standard Attack
    Attack One (Kukri)
    Attack
    (1d20+11)[30]
    Damage
    (1d4+6)[9] (Slashing)

Critical Confirm (18-20/x2)
    Attack
    (1d20+11)[23]
    Damage
    (2d4+11)[18] (Slashing)
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

The kukri finds an opening just under the bottom hem of the raptoran's leather jerkin. It slides effortlessly into his abdomen and allows the beautiful late morning breeze in to caress the birdman's innards. He locks eyes with Dorian, and, with a small burp, all of the organs contained within his torso fall to the ground moments before he follows.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Medina just growls around one of the attackers, and lashes out again.

Spoiler: Rolls and OoC
    Show

Bite R2(maintain grapple) Attack [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    Damage [roll]1d+4[/roll]

Unarmed Attacks v R2
    Attack (1d20+2)[12]
    Damage [roll]1d+2[/roll]
    Attack (1d20+2)[16]
    Damage (1d20+2)[5]

Tentacle vs R8
    Attack (1d20+2)[8]
    Damage [roll]1d+2[/roll]
    Grapple (1d20+11)[13]

Tentacle vs R9
    Attack (1d20+2)[18]
    Damage [roll]1d+2[/roll]
    Grapple (1d20+11)[12]

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Between her teeth and fists, Medina's prey groans in pain. Blood begins to trickle into her mouth.

R8 and R9 dip and dive to dodge her tentacles, but a lucky hit slaps R9 just right to wrap around his leg. He is grappled.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Let me out!" the lassoed raptoran screams at Hyde,"I will eat your eyes! I will paint with your brains!"

Spoiler: R2 continues to kick and fight, trying desperately to get out if Medina'a grasp.
    Show

Grapple check to break out
    (1d20+2)[16]

Spoiler: R9 utters a curse word so fowl that I haven't even thought of it and tried to break away from Medina.
    Show

Grapple check to break out
    (1d20+2)[17]

Spoiler: R5 swings at Alessia with both weapons. "
    Even if I die here, Hextor will see to your end!" he hisses.
    Show

Dwarven Axe-Buckler
    (1d20+5)[23]
    (1d6+1)[5]

Sap
    (1d20+5)[11]
    (1d6+5)[8] nonlethal

Spoiler: An incoherent roar erupts from R7 as he swings his sharktooth staff at Kal.
    Show

(1d20+9)[12]
    (2d6+6)[16]

Spoiler: R6 looks at Dorian. "That man you just slew, he was my brother in-law. He had a WIFE!" He swings. "And CHILDREN!" He swings again.
    Show

Dwarven Axe-Buckler
    (1d20+5)[19]
    (1d6+1)[6]

Sap
    (1d20+5)[24]
    (1d6+5)[11] nonlethal

Spoiler: R8 loses his self-control when he sees his target is being blocked by his comrades. He snaps, rages and redoubles his efforts at harming Tyra.
    Show

(1d20+7)[23]
    (2d6+6)[10]

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

I look at the raptoran while he swings his staff, sidestepping and hearing a thud on the ground.
    "Uh... are you at least trying... it takes away all passion from the fight..." I say, throwing a punch at him.

Spoiler: roll roll roll a third crit!
    Show

To hit: (1d20+9)[14]

To damage: (1d8+6)[12] physical and (1d6)[2] fire

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

Gidoron Goldenleaf

While continuing to sing, he wills the razor sharp leaf of force to flit behind Dorian's opponent. He then looks to Tyra and his eyes once again flash as a golden nimbus envelopes her claws and tails, creating what seem to be trails of golden motes extending out far beyond their normal reach.

Show

Standard: Direct Blade to Flank Dorian's opponent, Attack - (1d20+4)[21] Damage - Slashing Piercing Force - (1d4)[1]
    Swift: Cast Bloodwind on Tyra

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

R6 takes his first hit and squawks in surprise at the leaf poking him in the tush!

21. - Top - End - #471
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

HYDE

Why won't you just die already

Hyde attacks R1 with coup de grace
    Show
    (1d4)[2] x5 for crit
    (1d6)[6] for sneak damage added to coup de grace

EDIT: forgot to add my strength modifier so that total damage is 18
    Last edited by Dragonlancer83; 2017-10-15 at 04:36 PM.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

(That strength modifier applies before the multiplier, so... 26 damage)

The dagger feels only slight resistance before passing through the flesh under R1's skull. As it stabs it's way into his brain, four more blades follow suit and force their own separate paths through his head. With a twitch and a shudder, R1's thoughts spill out onto the roadway in a flow of red.

Another one bites the dust!

23. - Top - End - #473
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tyralisa

When the raptoran next smacks Tyra with his staff, it hits her hard enough to leave her smooth purple carapace with blotches of purple beneath it, as he actually hurt her through her armor, causing Tyra to let out a loud screech, but also turn back toward him and redouble her attempt to take him out, lashing out with her tail once more and following it up with her powerfully swinging arms.
    Show
    Full-Round Action: Full attack on R8, switching to other targets in range if first attack kills him.

Attack 1 (Tail): (1d20+15)[27]
    Damage 1: (1d6+15)[20]

Attack 2 (Slam 1): (1d20+10)[14]
    Damage 2: (1d6+12)[13]

Attack 3 (Slam 2): (1d20+10)[23]
    Damage 3: (1d6+12)[16]
    Modifiers for bard song already added.
    -Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
    Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth

24. - Top - End - #474
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

R8 staggers back from the force of Tyra's tail, his chest visibly caved in. Blood pours out of his mouth, far too much for him to survive. Even as his eyes glaze over he watches as Tyra turns her fists to R9 and lands both strikes on vital areas. R9 ceases his attempts to break free of Medina and collapses like a puppet with its strings cut.

And that's two more freed from their mortal coils!

25. - Top - End - #475
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Alessia grunts from the pain caused by the creature's weapon. Die you will, you disgusting beast. About the rest, well, I suppose you won't find out.

She grips the mace tighter and swings on the beast, a wince of pain crossing her face.

Spoiler: Mace to R5
    Show

To Hit (1d20+14)[18]
    To Hurt (6d6+8)[31]

26. - Top - End - #476
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

I see I missed responding to Kal's earlier attack. I'll smash it in here with Alessia. I'm sure she won't mind.

Kal's strike connects, not a killing blow, but a solid blow nonetheless. R7 favors his left arm slightly as he steps back.
    R5 crumples like a tin can as Alessia's mace catches him under the arm and crushes his ribs into something resembling a thick paste. He falls back onto the ground, nearly to be stepped on by R7.

R5 is a corpse!

27. - Top - End - #477
    Firbolg in the Playground

Dorian Safehaven

Spoiler: Battle Actions
    Show
    Nothing too fancy, my internet is out at home, my laptop broke, the sky is angry, etc. So Dorian stabs at any enemy nearby. Copy/Pasting this from my sheet, I think I have a +5/+5 from our bard plant!

Actions
    Full-Round: None
    Immediate: None
    Move: None
    Standard: Attack!
    Swift: None

Standard Attack
    Attack One (Kukri)
    Attack
    (1d20+6)[18]
    Damage
    (1d4+1)[3] (Slashing)

Critical Confirm (18-20/x2)
    Attack
    (1d20+6)[9]
    Damage
    (2d4+2)[7] (Slashing)
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2017-10-19 at 12:09 AM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

28. - Top - End - #478
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Dorian's blade carves a line across R6's shoulder, drawing blood immediately. It causes pain but doesn't slow him down.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

"Giivh uhh!" Medina growls out through her prey, lashing out once more.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

"Give up!"
    Maintain grapple on R2 (1d20+11)[24]
    5' step towards R6

2x Unarmed Attacks v R2
    Attack (1d20+2)[12]
    Damage (1d3+2)[4] non-lethal

Attack (1d20+2)[14]
    Damage (1d3+2)[5] Non-lethal

2x Tentacles vR6
    Attack (1d20+7)[20]
    Damage (1d3+4)[7]
    Grapple (1d20+11)[17]

Attack (1d20+7)[20]
    Damage(1d3+4)[5]
    (1d20+11)[25]

30. - Top - End - #480
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

R2 toughs out the stinging blows with a frightened grunt. R6 lets out a startled YELP as tentacles yank him off his feet.