New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

Gildoron Goldenleaf

Leaving the mysterious and private group of wildlings to themselves the greenman returns to his seat near the fire, a wave of his hand and the guitar is once again in his hands. He strums a few chords, before setting one of his feet on the cross bar of his chair and resting the twelve stringed insturment on his knee. He then begins to play, and after a short refrain he once again sings.

"♪♫♩Tis the last rose of summer, left blooming all alone
    All her lovely companions are faded and gone.
    No flower of her kindred, no rose bud is nigh
    To reflect back her blushes and give sigh for sigh.♬♪

♬♪I'll not leave thee, thou lone one! To pine on the stem
    Since the lovely are sleeping, go sleep thou with them
    'Thus kindly I scatter thy leaves o'er the bed
    Where thy mates of the garden lie scentless and dead.♪♫♩

♬♪So soon may I follow, when friendships decay
    And from love's shining circle the gems drop away
    When true hearts lie wither'd and fond ones are flown
    Oh! who would inhabit this bleak world alone!"♪♫♩"

After the last refrain he continues strumming, various melodies as he looks off into the fire's flickering light.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Sing - (1d20+20)[24] with Lore Song
    Strings - (1d20+15)[21] with Lore Song
    Last edited by TankLaser007; 2017-08-24 at 04:42 PM.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Lady Pettilace watches Hyde as he sits down in a corner to watch people. She looks around at the two drunks, the small group of newcomers he came with and chuckles. She pours two pints of beer, sets them on the bar top and walks straight up to him.

"Look, kid. You're new in the city, I get that. First time? Yeah, I thought so. I've seen lotsa guys try the trick you're trying. You sit back and try to pick up info on the area. Thing is, there's no one here to listen in on. This place is pretty quiet at night. Now, your other option would be to find yourself a seat at the bar, maybe even one with a pint awaiting someone to drink it. From there you might find yourself chatting up a bored and possibly lonely bartender." She looks Hyde up and down.

"Give it some thought. I'll be behind the bar."

When she turns to walk back to her bar she sees Dorian calling quietly to her. "Young man!" she says, "you go upstairs with Miss Turnov and a great deal of liquor, slink back alone, smelling of that same liquor and in a different outfit, and you want MY attention? What are you up to!?"

Spoiler: Lady Pettilace
    Show

Last edited by LairdMaon; 2017-08-24 at 04:46 PM.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Firbolg in the Playground

Dorian

Shaking his head, Dorian sighs. He speaks up. "I was trying to preserve some privacy for miss Turnov." He says indignantly. "I've had a rough week. We've been attacked by rats, our town razed by bandits, I haven't had a proper bed for some time, I'm tired, I've lost two friends, and I just want a hug!" The vulpine man's eyes well up with tears, but don't spill over.

"There's a nice young lady upstairs who definitely doesn't have the fortitude to be handling the fine products your nice establishment offers, and has since had her body reject it all over me, the floor, and herself." He frowns, composes himself, and grouches. "I'm going to go for a walk."

With that, the young man proceeds to exit the building and go for a late night stroll. The fox is feeling feral. He'll find a water source (river or lake) if he can to rinse off his tails, otherwise he'll slump under some tree in the dark. He'll end up heading to the bath and soaking for an indeterminate amount of time. Sulking, for sure.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2017-08-24 at 05:20 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyrinque Sanayd

As the undead-reeking human slips his tongue, Zephyr looks him over and sees that he too is trying to hide his true nature. Emboldened and disgusted with the undead-consorting human, she stares him down for his comment until he quails. Then Goldoron returns her attention.

She had suspected the human was part Fey, but his sudden Sylvan surprises her anyway. She had not heard that tongue since her mother spoke quietly to her..

"My thanks. We shall talk more later, cousin." Zeph smiles at Goldoron as he steers Kal back to their seats. Looking around, Zeph sees everyone has begun to scatter, but that Dorian has re-appeared already. She must be quite fast, that one.

Going upstairs to check thier rooms, Zeph peeks in and finds the girl in her underclothes in the boy's room, apparently asleep. Not wanting to leave her to any further malicious fate, she picks up the wrapping and takes her to her own room for inspection... and to keep an eye.
    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Staring contest in OoC. No battle (yet) so it probably won't actually come into play ;)

Zeph likes to see more Fae in her life. But first, lets get settled. I'm already tired of rolling vs exhaution

Searching the room for anything of value / interest / danger, checking for lockable doors & windows, and... Tying up the little girl to Zeph's bed.

Search: (Taking 20)[26]
    Use Rope: (Taking 20)[27] (The silk sheets she's wrapped in will do...)

Lowlight Vision, Scent 30ft
    Spoiler: Statblock
    Show
    Female Chaotic Good Feytouched [Fey] Evo 3 || Warblade 3
    Level 3, Init 5, HP 39/39, DR 5 / Cold Iron, Speed 50
    AC 21, Touch 15, Flat-footed 21
    Fort 5, Ref 10, Will 6, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Full Attack +9 / +9 Claw, +7 Slam, +7 Strike, +7 Gore
    +1 Claws +9 / +9 (2d4+5, x2)
    +1 Gore +9 (2d6+5, x2)
    +1 Slam +9 (2d6+5, x2)
    +1 Strike +9 (1d6+5, x2)
    Grapple +7
    Stunning Glare(Su) Stun 1d4 rounds, Will DC14 neg
    Mwk Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +5 Dex)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 20, Con 14, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 17
    Skills Jump 22, Intimidate 18, Tumble 17, Spellcraft 16, Survival 15, Balance 14,
    Know(Nature) 16, Know(Arcana, Dungeon, Local, Planes, Religion) 14, Know(Psionics) 10,
    Bluff 12, Spot / Listen 11, Diplomacy 9, Decipher 9, Hide 8, Move Silently 7, Search 6,
    Ride (Levi-hicle) 12

5. - Top - End - #305
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

HYDE

perhaps you're right, I don't seem to be as good at this as I would like. I am Hyde, who may i have the pleasure of speaking to this evening, And what city might this be you mention that I happen to come across such a perceptive barmaid? as hyde follows her a few strps back to sit at the chair the pint was poured next to.
    Hyde notices Dorian return only because he gets her attention from him. He then overhears what he says and raised his eyebrows slightly. Hyde sees him slink off outside and hopes he'll be alright... fighting the urge to follow him and gain information from his new friend.
    Last edited by Dragonlancer83; 2017-08-24 at 05:29 PM.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Lady Pettilace leans over the bar to chat with Hyde.
    "Good start. Let's see, my name is Peggy Pettilace. I'm a lady only in honorific. I was born and raised in this city. I regularly attend services at the temple. I've never been married and I'm NOT known for dallying with travelers, though exceptions can be made. Why don't you tell me about yourself now? I'd love to hear about the rats and your raised town your friend Dorian mentioned."
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2017-08-24 at 06:26 PM.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

HYDE

Well met Peggy, if i may call you that? You don't need to worry about any "dallying" like my friend there, don't mind him,he's a little emotional but his heart's in the right place you don't have to worry,about the girl. I think it might be the other way around.Now as for what he said, first tell me please, what have you heard of beaumsfeld?

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    sense motive (1d20+14)[33]
    Bluff(1d20+16)[23] trying to not raise any alarms
    Diplomacy (1d20+9)[22]
    Last edited by Dragonlancer83; 2017-08-24 at 07:18 PM.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

I look at the girl go, fuming. As I go back to Gildoron I keep watching her with rage.
    "See? That's why I want to go to the empire. At least there mutants help each other out, rather than watching orripiled if someone has less nice mutations" I say, slumping in my seat "Do you have some depressed song? I'm in the mood"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2017-08-24 at 08:38 PM.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Taking her key and learning where her room was (it had a very nice, comfy bed), she felt too restless to sleep, and returned to the bar. Seeing that Hyde had the bartender's attention, she quietly took a seat at the bar, and took in the sights, distracting herself from the past couple traumatizing days. It will get better, she supposes, but she's sure it would take more than just some time.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Beomfeld? It's a ruin. The Clemant Empire was attacking the Wild Lands when a massive rock fell from the sky and destroyed it. Rumor has it the same thing happened when they attacked another city. I don't recall which one right now, but then, that was two years ago. Anyway, Beomfeld is a dead city. It's a pity, too. I went there once as a child."

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    I look at the girl go, fuming. As I go back to Gildoron I keep watching her with rage.
    "See? That's why I want to go to the empire. At least there mutants help each other out, rather than watching orripiled if someone has less nice mutations" I say, slumping in my seat "Do you have some depressed song? I'm in the mood"
    “Something depressing? Well can’t say I ever played such thing...” he says with a sly smile.

He begins with a lilting melody, sparse and sombre then he begins to sing.

"The fruit has ripened so lush and sweet,
    Now the boughs lay cut and burnt.
    The Harvester has come dear lass,
    died all the dreams that weren’t.

Bitter winter in the summer’s shine,
    O’ the harvests’ reaped and bled!
    Tears have fallen like autumn leaves,
    For we shall never wed!

The fruit has ripened so lush and sweet,

O’ upon your eyes I’ve looked my last,
    Now another’s they’re to see.
    The harvest reaped my bonny lass,
    She lies beneath the tree!

Ne’er spring shall come upon us now,
    Blossoms lie in ash and mud.
    Their beauty raped and stolen fast,
    I’ve wept my tears of blood.

O’ the Harvester has come dear lass.
    Slain all our dreams that weren’t!"

The last chords die away as his fingers stop, and the magic of the moment’s silence is broken by a pop from the fire.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

HYDE

Hyde sits in attention listening to what new details he could get from what Peggy's answer had provided. He then takes a drink from the pint, the cringe almost non-existent now. He had tried similar stuff when Markus had given him a drink one night on their outings. He had been warned of its inebriating effects with overconsumption, and he knew that had been what happened to the girl Dorian was now lamenting over. Hydes being careful not to let the same happen to him, but this stuff tasted much better then what Markus ever had. When Hyde sets the cup down he thinks carefully before speaking. Well you're right about that, its definitely a dead town and it isa shame. Praytell, have you heard of two men by the names of Pentule and Markus?

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    hope i can keep her on track and not get suspicious i'm not yet answering her question
    Last edited by Dragonlancer83; 2017-08-25 at 12:10 AM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Can't say I've ever heard the names, why?"

14. - Top - End - #314
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

HYDE

hmph really? Well, they saved our lives, right before theres were taken, a couple nights ago we were swarmed by mutant rats or whatever you could call them, and were saved by the same people that brought us here, the man they call Gus that seems well known around here, said he's the son of somebody important or some such

Spoiler: ooc and rolls...
    Show
    ooooo im trying...
    Bluff (1d20+16)[26]

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

"...alright, NOW I'm depressed..." I say, looking at Gil while drinking.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2017-08-25 at 02:52 AM.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"You're doin fine, kid. Getting more than you give. Gus is the only son of the treasurer of the Orgendar Family business, I. O. Platinum. So they're back in town? Good. I've been looking forward to Drew's wedding."

17. - Top - End - #317
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

HYDE

Hyde takes another drink before sighing, his face going solemn a moment before it returned to normal. Mr. Blank? Unfortunately i don't think that will be happening. Right after they saved us, they took us back to their camp... (takes a drink like it is somehow making this easier)... or what was left of it... we loaded everyone on the levi and brought them here... they mentioned something about the temple and possible revival but things didn't look good, and there were no tracks to follow, so tomorrow i think, we're going there to speak to someone about a possible lead. You mentioned you go there at times. Perhaps you know who they are refering to.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"What was left?" She stands up straight and fixes Hyde with a deep stare. She takes a candle from under the bar, sets it on the bar and lights it.

"We are now within a Zone of Truth. No more games, Hyde. I need to know the whole story. Everyone in that camp have family here in the city. Start from the beginning, please."

19. - Top - End - #319
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tyralisa

Once they entered the town and walked to the tavern, then were led inside, Tyralisa really started to look like a spooked cat; she looked around at the other people in the main pub room, took one step to the side, and crossed her arms, staying back and away from all these people as she glowered at everything. She watched Dorian talk, then go upstairs, not really understanding how her family could seem so at ease around these strange people. Even a couple strange people earlier made her nervous, since she had never seen a stranger in her life, and now they were in a city of strange people, and Dorian and Hyde seemed downright friendly.

The two other mutants did catch her eye, and she had known that the children back home were like this and supposedly the rest of the world had people more like the adults; all 'normal' instead of with strange changes. What did that make these two? Were they, she wondered, survivors from home too, only they were on the edges of town? Or had the cause of their own changes been something more wide-ranging?

When Dorian starts to head out of the building, she frowns at him and steps over, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, upstairs is one thing, but after what's been happening, we shouldn't split up." She gives a little smile, and having heard his comment about just wanting a hug, the huge girl pulls Dorian into her arms for a moment, giving him a smothering squeeze against her smooth carapace-like body for a moment before she adds, "Probably best if you find someplace in here, even though I wouldn't mind a walk myself. You'll have to tell me how you seem so...friendly...with all these strange people, later." Letting him go on up to the baths (or not, if he changes his mind), she flicks her own split-tail around a little, watching Hyde at the bar but not really listening too closely.

The song from the plant-man catches her attention, and she steps over to them, deciding to speak to someone, at least; still looking uncomfortable, she decides to ask, "I heard you say something about mutants." toward Kal. Quietly, trying not to be too conspicuous (which is difficult for the eight foot tall girl), she adds, "Until today, I thought me and my siblings were unique in that aspect. Are there...many like us somewhere?" She queries, quietly, as her eyes flick between Kal and Gildoron.
    -Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
    Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth

20. - Top - End - #320
    Firbolg in the Playground

Dorian Safehaven

The fox sniffles a little in Tyra's embrace, letting out a few stray tears. "Okay." He mutters, submitting. "I'll go take a bath." He perks up at the thought of talking later, looking forward to a nice chat. "We can chat later!" He smiles a little and then scampers sullenly up the stairs.

Once he finds the bath, he removes his day-clothes (possibly a little dirty from the journey, but he keeps his things as clean as circumstances allow) and slips into the enormous Roman style bath tub, sprawling his tails out and gently cleaning each one, keeping his mind off the day.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

"You know, she's hot too, but I'm sure as he'll not going to say it after the last experience" I say to Gil, before turning to the girl. Well. The mountain girl. And not in the sense of "I come from the mountains". What did they make her eat?
    "...direct. I like it. Yeah, you aren't the only ones, not even near. There are thousands like us" I say, wondering if I was exaggereting. Maybe a bit.
    "Curiosity, from where do you come? It's extremely strange to find a group like yours which... Doesn't seem to know anything"

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

Gildoron Goldenleaf

Absently picking at the strings as he looks at the impressively well built lady before them, Gildoron raises an eyebrow at her mention of believing themselves to be unique. He looks over at Kal then stops playing for a moment, "So you aren't from any Isle of the Wildlands then..." he scoots his chair near to her and motions at a large bench, "I am Gildoron Goldenleaf, I hail from Treehold in the Wildlands. This gentleman here is my bodyguard, Kal Redtongue. As he mentioned where we come from, we, they call us wildlings, we are free and we are as many as the leaves in trees of spring and as varied as the blossoms upon the heath." the fire light dances off of his halo of leaves as he speaks.

"Where are you from then? I thought it was strange that so many of you where out at once. How did you avoid the Harvesters? A group as large and with such beautiful and impressive wildlings as yourselves, Well its bound to attract the wrong kind of attention. You should be safe here. But you are going to need to be careful. You're all more than welcome to come with us when we go back home."

He presses the guitar into his knee and it disappears with a 'pop'.

"I am sorry, it was rude of me, what is your name m'lady?"
    Last edited by TankLaser007; 2017-08-25 at 03:01 PM.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

HYDE

Hyde sets his cup down and leans back in the stool when Peggy sets the candle in front of them, he can feel the warmth of the candle seeping into his mind and bringing all the extra bits to the tip of his tongue before swallowing almost to keep them in.
    Ok look, I'm not trying to make enemies, you mention you attend the temple. The one for Heironeous correct? If i remember correctly h's one of the good guys, bit too good for my tastes but i respect it. You have nothing to fear from me i'm just not sure if i can trust you, our group has been ... isolated for a long time now due to circumstances out of our control, originally we were from Beumsfeld but you're right, its dead now... you can put that candle away it's not working, but dont make me regret telling you. The part about the camp is all we know, we think they attacked from the air, everything was scorched. hyde pauses and thinks before continuing We had two more companions but they went missing when gus's party joined us, and we're still not sure if we can really trust them... or anyone at tjat last point hyde looks up and stares right into Peggys eyes with a determination... almost intimidating but just as serious as he can muster.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Lady Peggy Pettilace searches Hyde's face for signs of deceit. Finding none, she licks her fingers and pinches out the candle flame.

After a long drink, she steps out from behind the bar and sits at a table. Without looking at Hyde, she says, "Thank you. I'll make sure those who need to know, do."

After a minute of silence, she turns her chair toward Hyde and glances at the party of newcomers. "So you're all from Beomfeld? Born and raised there? That's more than a little impressive!" She stands up, appearing as upbeat as she had been when you all arrived. "I'll bet that fact will get you full ambassador status. I'll let the guards know. Might save your friend upstairs some awkward questions about Mischa."

25. - Top - End - #325
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Hyde leans back forward grabbing his drink Well that's something, i guess. silently wishing the pleasant music hadn't stopped. The last one seemed to fit his current mood nicely.
    Last edited by Dragonlancer83; 2017-08-25 at 05:04 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Taking a drink and thinking about all that had happened, Hyde remembers something he didn't quite understand at the timeHey Peggy, did Heironeous have a brother? Something i just remembered, a message in the ruins seemingly scrawled by someone that was there... something about "twice his unholy number"? And Heiroeous save us from your brother? Would you have any idea what that might mean?

27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"You mean Hextor? The six armed evil god?" Peggy drops the pint glass in her hand. "His ilk were there? This only gets better."

28. - Top - End - #328
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Better? Sure, if thats what you want to call it... anyway, i'm not sure, the note was scratched in so it was hard to read. I remember something about it saying a dragonborn lead them... whatever that is. So i dont know, you tell me. Who follows this "hextor"?
    Last edited by Dragonlancer83; 2017-08-25 at 05:48 PM.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"A dragonborn of Bahamut following Hextor? That makes no sense... Bahamut is about as good as you'll find in godly terms. Hextor is about as evil as they come. If you don't mind, I'd like to be in the room when you talk to the clergy. You might even get an audience with Beian himself."

30. - Top - End - #330
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

fine with me, though i can't speak for my family, some may take more convincing then others i'm sure... after what we've been through... i'm sure this helped. hyde said as he finished the last of his pint before setting the mug down