New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default R.I.P. George Romero

Well, the person who is arguably the father of the modern day zombie craze passed away today after a battle with cancer. This really sucks.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: R.I.P. George Romero

Quote Originally Posted by tomandtish View Post
    Well, the person who is arguably the father of the modern day zombie craze passed away today after a battle with cancer. This really sucks.
    I think you mean bites. Sucking would be vampires.

Very sad news, I've greatly enjoyed his work, especially Night of the Living Dead. Even beyond his own films, the sheer amount of quality entertainment that's come out of the zombie genre is staggering.

Rest in peace...or not, in his case.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

It's a bit dark, but the first thought that came to my head when I learned was "this would be an ironic time for it to turn out that zombies are real."
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

As a horror fan who lives in Pittsburgh, this one hits hard. 77 is a pretty good run and I'm sorry that he didn't get to make more films. If you've never seen Martin, go see Martin right now!

The Monroeville Mall, where Dawn of the Dead was shot, still has a hallway with photos from the production, even though the mall has drastically changed since then. A year ago I got to open up for Claudio Simonetti, who had done the music for Dawn (with Goblin). He had never been to Pittsburgh, and the promoters made sure to take him to the mall. I'm chatting with him before the show, trying to contain my fanboy glee, and he's talking about the trip to the mall...also trying to contain his fanboy glee!

RIP George. Sorry everyone called them zombies, we knew you wanted them to be referred to as ghouls. Also sorry your Resident Evil movie got scrapped in favor of one that didn't really have much to do with the games.