New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Guilded Age

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Guilded Age

There's an older thread on the subject way past the do-not-necro threshold, but the last few chapters of Guilded Age are wrapping up, so I thought this might be a good time to discuss the work as a whole.

So- Archmage Canaghem- magnificent bastard or just bastard? How does Payet Best finally die? And Is there still hope for the H.M.S. Syrdaic?
    Give directly to the extreme poor.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Guilded Age

I honestly can't blame Canaghem for deciding to just pack up and leave the many armed lunatics to their own devices.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Of course, the smarter move would be to help funnel their money and seasonal workers without getting involved in the wars. Like a magic Switzerland!

I'm afraid I've actually had a lot of trouble buying Taro's ascent to power though. Eeee-vil children rarely sit well with me. Maybe if he was a few years older between appearances?
    Give directly to the extreme poor.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

I guess it does stretch things a little bit, even if he's completely psychotic and removed everyone who could challenge him.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I guess it does stretch things a little bit, even if he's completely psychotic and removed everyone who could challenge him.
    It's more like Iwatani removed everyone who could challenge him, and Taro just reaped the rewards of that after he killed Iwatani. Even then, he most likely wouldn't have gotten away with it if Ardaic weren't doing his best to legitimize Taro.