New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Villainous Competition XX​II: I Am The Night!

Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    ...I just realized it was only over the PM limit, not the post limit, though. I could have just joined the PMs together.

Ah well.
    No biggie. I'll get to work soon enough, just gotta finish cleaning my shed first.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

...I just realized it was only over the PM limit, not the post limit, though. I could have just joined the PMs together.

Ah well.
    You could still stitch it together and delete one.
    D&D 3.0 and 3.5 SRDs

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    I'm honestly surprised at how often I spawn new sig's. Am I really that quotable?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMyconid View Post
    What do you mean it's not that great?

It lets you reload your greatsword.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Neutral Evil is Evil untainted by concern over Law or Chaos. It is Evil in its purest form, much like NG is Good in its purest form, LN is Law in its purest form, and CN is murderhoboing in its purest form.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Villainous Competition XX​II: I Am The Night!

Well, my first VC entry since the Henchman round is out there. I'm relatively pleased with how it came out.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I got one entry in. Another two I have written up, but couldn't type them up.
    The other one I would have entered was an Anthropomorphic Snapping Turtle with various Weapon Masteries and maneuvers. :)
    The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Vaz approval for the best backstory. Villainous Competition 16: Burn Baby Burn
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...&postcount=114

Honorable Mention Villainous Competition 22: I Am The Night
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...e-Night!/page6 Xihu Ayame

Click my Vulpix to feed it yummy berries!

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

biggrin Re: Villainous Competition XX​II: I Am The Night!

Quote Originally Posted by PrismCat21 View Post
    I got one entry in. Another two I have written up, but couldn't type them up.
    The other one I would have entered was an Anthropomorphic Snapping Turtle with various Weapon Masteries and maneuvers. :)
    Of course! Ninja Turtle! *facepalm*

I don't know why I didn't think of that...I actually have an NPC in my Campaign that is a Spellwarped Crucian Ninja.

PS Inevitability your inbox is full again.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Had an idea for a Hebi-no-Onna (Sorcerer-stylr casting with a Wu-Jen list) Soulcaster, but got discouraged due to the way the thread is going, as it would likely just get lumped as a Naruto/Wizard instead of what the actual character could have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

I wasn´t too satisfied how my build would develop in the later levels.
    The CR 5 block I was aiming for did a good job at depicting what I wanted, with the Dark Creature Doppelgänger as a base, 2 levels of Shadowcaster,1 level of Mindspy ans some Shadow Hand stuff via feats, that gave of the creepy "mystic ninja" feeling I was aiming for.
    The CR 10 block had more Mindspy and a 1 level dip of Bladedancer for the added agility and mobility.
    Beyond that, t was just more levels of Shadowcaster and I found that totally unsatisfying, as it altered how the build would be used.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    Well, my first VC entry since the Henchman round is out there. I'm relatively pleased with how it came out.
    Congratulations. I have an inkling to which one it is. I'll see if I'm right after the reveal

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    Of course! Ninja Turtle! *facepalm*

I don't know why I didn't think of that...I actually have an NPC in my Campaign that is a Spellwarped Crucian Ninja.

PS Inevitability your inbox is full again.
    I tried desperately not to do ninja turtle because I assumed everyone else would be doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    I wasn´t too satisfied how my build would develop in the later levels.
    The CR 5 block I was aiming for did a good job at depicting what I wanted, with the Dark Creature Doppelgänger as a base, 2 levels of Shadowcaster,1 level of Mindspy ans some Shadow Hand stuff via feats, that gave of the creepy "mystic ninja" feeling I was aiming for.
    The CR 10 block had more Mindspy and a 1 level dip of Bladedancer for the added agility and mobility.
    Beyond that, t was just more levels of Shadowcaster and I found that totally unsatisfying, as it altered how the build would be used.
    I ran into a similar problem while tooling around with shadow sun ninja. After a point, I just didn't feel like I was really putting my thumbprint on it.
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    Venger, can you be my full-time memory aid please?
    Iron Chef Medals!
    Amazing Princess Mononoke avatar by Dispozition

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Space has been made in the inbox again.
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Come join the new Junkyard Wars and build with SLAs and a breath weapon!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

10. - Top - End - #190

Seems like I simply cannot submit without finding a little mistake after the reveal. Thurbane: congrats on submitting and good luck to you! Also I am happy to see two potential judges.

11. - Top - End - #191

NecromancerGuy

Did I miss something? I thought the rough cap was around CR 20; unless my eyes are screwing with me, I'm seeing class levels up to the 30s. I love the entries though, so I'm not actually upset about it. Just confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vknight View Post
    GM'ing is like handling a roasting pork shoulder; the adventure is long, fraught with peril, and when done well delicious in its payoff.
    It's best with friends, something to drink (alcohol if you need/want), jokes and a good sense to accept and enjoy everything with one another for the full experience.
    Mistakes get made sometimes, laugh it off, make up, and go kill the monster to take his loot.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ArendK View Post
    Did I miss something? I thought the rough cap was around CR 20; unless my eyes are screwing with me, I'm seeing class levels up to the 30s. I love the entries though, so I'm not actually upset about it. Just confused.
    A lot of these 'class levels' are probably RHD, though, which is largely unrelated to CR.

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

A lot of these 'class levels' are probably RHD, though, which is largely unrelated to CR.
    More to the point, most types of Racial Hit Dice (RHD) do not translate on a 1 to 1 basis into CR.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

I was specking out an evolved skin kite by adding a bunch of grapple boosters and ambush tactics. I was going to make a bunch of "ninjas" based on that. But it wouldn't play like a ninja as much as it would as a horror campaign arc. On the plus side, I have this skin kite ready to send against my players.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    I was specking out an evolved skin kite by adding a bunch of grapple boosters and ambush tactics. I was going to make a bunch of "ninjas" based on that. But it wouldn't play like a ninja as much as it would as a horror campaign arc. On the plus side, I have this skin kite ready to send against my players.
    I would have liked to see that. The proudest and most iconic of ninja techniques is the ninja kite.
    Kolyarut Avatar by Potatocubed.
    Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    Only playing Tier 1s is like only eating in five-star restaurants [...] sometimes I just want a cheeseburger and some frogurt. Why limit yourself?
    Awards

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

What, nobody did a Ninja Turtle?

And we are past the powerful number too! Inconceiveable!!
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

My only thought for this time was "Body Outside Body".
    That's not really a complete build and I don't have time to make it into one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malimar View Post
    But pants are overpowered, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise. This is why they're banned at my table.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

I am now sad I didn't think to create Ninja Brian for this... If ever there was an opportunity, I missed it.

19. - Top - End - #199

At first glance, I instantly thought of an old gestalt concept I had; a play on 'The Batman'. The Wombat.

Feral Whisper Gnome, using Shadow Cloak Knight racial sub levels and a Brass Steed as the Wombat Mobile.
    Couldn't really seem to make it all fit here though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    I like that you can predict the future. Why, you must be some sort of wizard.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

I think this may have been eaten in the inbox issues, so I'll just ask here - for Arukōru no Honō, could you please point me to the source on Past Life Unique Ability? This is one I haven't heard of, and Google is being no help. (Send it on to the chairman when you get a chance).

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    I think this may have been eaten in the inbox issues, so I'll just ask here - for Arukōru no Honō, could you please point me to the source on Past Life Unique Ability? This is one I haven't heard of, and Google is being no help. (Send it on to the chairman when you get a chance).
    Great question. While we're at it, here's a link to the epic destinies he took
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    Venger, can you be my full-time memory aid please?
    Iron Chef Medals!
    Amazing Princess Mononoke avatar by Dispozition

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

I had a half-baked idea around a Swiftblade, what with all the incredible miss chances this class gives, like all lightning fast ninjas :)
    By the way, this round made me discover the Ninja of the Crescent Moon class, which was featured once or twice in the builds. What a powerhouse of a class, be it from a Rogue or from a Monk's point of view!
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).
    VC XVI, Burn baby burn:Nero
    VC XVIII, This is Heresy! Torquemada
    VC XX, Elder Evil: Henry Bowyer

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Man, no wonder I didn't see Ninja of the Crescent Moon. I was paying too much attention to stuff that didn't get updated from 3.0 edition. That's such a good class for Ninjas or ninja-wannabes.
    Spoiler: Before June 2017
    Show
    I Am A: True Neutral Human Bard (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-11
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-12
    Charisma-11
    As of June 2017:
    I Am A: True Neutral Human Wizard (2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-18
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-12

What Kind of Dungeons and Dragons Character Would You Be?

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo
    You know, I would love to see this, because it would fit perfectly in my campaign. Would you be willing to share the build?

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    It's apparently from the second DMG, from the section of unique NPC abilities.

Extended signature!

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

My build (which unfortunately I couldn't really get working right and wouldn't have done well anyway) was gonna be something like Dark Whisper Gnome Rogue 2/Artificer 18. Intention was to make a character who crafts their own items by stealing from evil aristocrats and dragons and the like and using it to enact a campaign of brutal vigilante justice across the kingdom, very intentionally going for a "Batman turned bad" vibe in both mechanics (I had a customizable utility belt more or less planned out for each of the showcase levels) and in personality/behavior/playstyle. Research your opponents, never go in blind, always be ten steps ahead of everybody else, don't let them ever know you were there until well after you're gone. I found a lot of really neat spells to bring in as either limited-use items, consumable items, or just straight up continuous items.

Of course, for multiple reasons, the build was expected to tank on Elegance (was thinking of throwing a second template on there, had some cross-world feats in the same build, the Rogue dip that's mechanically necessary and important to the fluff but is still a dip, etc), and I know judges would'v given me flack for a major dependency on items.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2017-08-19 at 01:54 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Too bad AvatarVecna, that seemed kinda awesome :)
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).
    VC XVI, Burn baby burn:Nero
    VC XVIII, This is Heresy! Torquemada
    VC XX, Elder Evil: Henry Bowyer

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

28. - Top - End - #208
    Banned

NinjaGirl

Funny how the best ones never get submitted

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

It's apparently from the second DMG, from the section of unique NPC abilities.
    Got it, thanks!

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Three builds judged, will start on the fourth tomorrow. Sorry this is taking longer than usual, I've failed a Fort save against some sort of horrible plague over the last few days.