New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker (Wet Breath of the Wild)

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    I'm probably going to be a bit less active over the next few weeks due to local issues. I'm in South Texas. I'll catch up as I am able.
    Don't get ate by the tornado Shneekey, hope things are okay.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker (Wet Breath of the Wild)

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Don't get ate by the tornado Shneekey, hope things are okay.
    More worried about flooding than tornadoes, depending on how many of these storms blow in on the wrong angle. Best case scenario, none of them come here, and I'm not impacted. Worst case, I might be offline a few days. We'll see. With a tropical storm brewing up in the Gulf itself, and Irma aiming for the slot-shot between Florida and Cuba, and Jose right behind her, we have the potential for a record-shattering hurricane season.

Odds are low I will actually need to evacuate, since I'm far enough north, and high enough elevation. It's never been needed before in the history of the area. It would take near-direct hits from all four storms to generate conditions like that where I live. But seeing as how it is... at least not impossible for that to happen... well, contingency plans are a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

3. - Top - End - #153

Slight delay on this (slight, pffth) due to work!

A Taste Of: Star Fox Command

Video Length: 12:04

Now this is a weird one. Star Fox Command is the actually pretty good tactics airship shooter game, and the last game in Star Fox until Star Fox Zero came out. This game has a...lot of questionable decisions in it, but overall I think it actually works well. Huh!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, hey, I know this game! It was actually the subject of the first Nintendo Power I ever read - including a map of how to go through every path in the story. I think there are... 12 endings? Something like that. Each branch has different bosses to fight, and stuff to do. Of course, you need to play through the linear story of the game at least once to unlock the ability to make choices.

The controls sound... a little bit annoying. Especially if you don't have a physical DS to play it on. That sounds a little bit painful, though I don't know exactly how it works, as I've never actually even seen a Wii U in person.

...also, how do you manage to have a 2 week old comment on a video that was just published today?
    (Unless Youtube/my internet's just being weird. Which is very possible.)
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2017-09-06 at 07:39 PM.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

5. - Top - End - #155

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Oh, hey, I know this game! It was actually the subject of the first Nintendo Power I ever read - including a map of how to go through every path in the story. I think there are... 12 endings? Something like that. Each branch has different bosses to fight, and stuff to do. Of course, you need to play through the linear story of the game at least once to unlock the ability to make choices.

The controls sound... a little bit annoying. Especially if you don't have a physical DS to play it on. That sounds a little bit painful, though I don't know exactly how it works, as I've never actually even seen a Wii U in person.

...also, how do you manage to have a 2 week old comment on a video that was just published today?
    (Unless Youtube/my internet's just being weird. Which is very possible.)
    I'm not sure how that happened. I've fixed that, thanks. Youtuuube *shakes fist*

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

I'm not sure how that happened. I've fixed that, thanks. Youtuuube *shakes fist*
    I mean, at least it's not as bad as some of the other problems Youtube can cause.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

7. - Top - End - #157

Oh man, Zelda.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker [14] Pearls

Video Length: 28:23

In this episode, we pal around Outset Island a bit to start us off, taking pictures of aaalmost everyone. We miss like one person due to just not having enough space in the camera. Importantly, we talk to Sturgeon and find an in game way of learning how to heal our Grandma! I genuinely do not remember how I discovered that you use a fairy on her myself. I feel like it...might of just been an intuitive thing I thought of myself? AT any rate, it's nice to see the game puts in hints for you to find. After meeting with Sturgeon we say hello to Orca, and unlock a new sword fighting minigame of sorts. I'll be getting that hit counter up to 999, don't worry. It uh...also won't be on screen, or at least it might not. It'll be sped up at the very least! But yeah, after that we also show Orca our knight crest's and he freaks out and says if we get ten, bring them to him so he can show us their secret.

After that it's time to dive back into the forest on Outset Island, where in we find it's full of monsters now (just a mothula without wings and some moblins, which I do not disturb at all). But importantly, now that we have bombs we can bust are way into that fairy fountain! We do so, and get rewarded with five hundred extra space for rupees! Now that's a solid wallet size. Now we can actually...you know, pick up rupees and stuff again. Without feeling shamed or wasteful, at least. After that, it's time for some sailing! But first, we heal up Grandma and get the Elixir Soup, the singleg best healing item in the game, and perhaps Zelda in general. It fully heals magic and hearts, and until we next get hit it doubles our attack strength. That's pretty powerful soup!

We hit a few islands of interest, but nothing we can actually complete yet. We do however find two other fairy fountain islands, and get a total of 99 bombs! I don't think we'll have to worry about running out any time soon. After that it's just a quick bit of island hopping to get the pearls set in those mysterious statues, and awaaay we go! With an explosion of epic size and a blast of green, red, or blue light, the statues connect to form the triple layered triangle we saw on Tetra's map, and out from that middle spot between all three islands rises a majestic tower, looking quite fancy. Link gets introduced to it's super structure, and gets picked up by the King of Red Lions. Join us next time, when we tackle this mystical looking tower, to face the trial of the gods.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi's Gusts (14)
    Show
    Oh man, Zelda.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker [14] Pearls

Video Length: 28:23

In this episode, we pal around Outset Island a bit to start us off, taking pictures of aaalmost everyone. We miss like one person due to just not having enough space in the camera. Importantly, we talk to Sturgeon and find an in game way of learning how to heal our Grandma! I genuinely do not remember how I discovered that you use a fairy on her myself. I feel like it...might of just been an intuitive thing I thought of myself? AT any rate, it's nice to see the game puts in hints for you to find. After meeting with Sturgeon we say hello to Orca, and unlock a new sword fighting minigame of sorts. I'll be getting that hit counter up to 999, don't worry. It uh...also won't be on screen, or at least it might not. It'll be sped up at the very least! But yeah, after that we also show Orca our knight crest's and he freaks out and says if we get ten, bring them to him so he can show us their secret.

After that it's time to dive back into the forest on Outset Island, where in we find it's full of monsters now (just a mothula without wings and some moblins, which I do not disturb at all). But importantly, now that we have bombs we can bust are way into that fairy fountain! We do so, and get rewarded with five hundred extra space for rupees! Now that's a solid wallet size. Now we can actually...you know, pick up rupees and stuff again. Without feeling shamed or wasteful, at least. After that, it's time for some sailing! But first, we heal up Grandma and get the Elixir Soup, the singleg best healing item in the game, and perhaps Zelda in general. It fully heals magic and hearts, and until we next get hit it doubles our attack strength. That's pretty powerful soup!

We hit a few islands of interest, but nothing we can actually complete yet. We do however find two other fairy fountain islands, and get a total of 99 bombs! I don't think we'll have to worry about running out any time soon. After that it's just a quick bit of island hopping to get the pearls set in those mysterious statues, and awaaay we go! With an explosion of epic size and a blast of green, red, or blue light, the statues connect to form the triple layered triangle we saw on Tetra's map, and out from that middle spot between all three islands rises a majestic tower, looking quite fancy. Link gets introduced to it's super structure, and gets picked up by the King of Red Lions. Join us next time, when we tackle this mystical looking tower, to face the trial of the gods.
    I wonder what Orca says if you talked to him before you got on the pirate ship, and if it affects his dialogue now when he says "why did you not tell be about Aryll?"

What happened to the other pigs? Bacon???

*Blood pressure rises at seeing the Mothula, for fear of the Morths*

1000 rupees will be so much better for your lost rupee count. Nice get.

It seems like now that people know who you are you get a lot of spam mail...

Death to sea hats! Interesting I don't remember the rupees you get from killing them flinging themselves at you when you killed them in the gamecube version...

Bwahahahaha, that ending.

EPISODE 14 KILL TALLY!

Seahat - 6
    Red Bokoblin - 3
    Blue Moblin - 3
    Warship - 1

Style Points - 0

Missed Rupees - 20
    Lost Rupees (theft, overflow, ect.) - 0!

The Wind Waker
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 14)

Spoiler
    Show

Kargarok - 2
    Rat - 3
    Warship - 1

Baba
    Boko Baba - 16
    Kalle Damos - 1

Blin
    Bokoblin, Red - 4
    Bokoblin, Blue - 24
    Bokoblin, Green - 4
    Moblin, Blue - 6

ChuChus
    Chuchu, Red - 24
    Chuchu, Green - 25

Keese
    Keese - 7
    Keese, Fire - 4

Molds
    Magtail - 3
    Gohma - 1
    Morth - 168
    Mothula - 3
    Mothula, Winged - 1

Octoroks
    Octorok - 6
    Big Octo (8 eyes) - 1

Peahats
    Peahat - 11
    Seahat - 6

Total Things Dead - 325

1st Place - Morth, at 168!
    2nd Place - Green ChuChu, at 25!
    3rd Place - Blue Bokoblin and Red ChuChu, tied at 24!

Total Style Points - 6

Total Missed Rupees - 45
    Total Lost Rupees - 95
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    What happened to the other pigs? Bacon???

Death to sea hats! Interesting I don't remember the rupees you get from killing them flinging themselves at you when you killed them in the gamecube version...

Bwahahahaha, that ending.
    Next time I'm at Outset it'll be day and I'll reveal what happened to the other piggy pigs.

It's new to this, yeah. Quite useful!

I aim to please.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

Well, we found out we have wasps in our wall... so, this seems like a good way to relax.

...I see we're just passing up all that salvage. And just after the rupee increase, too.

Remember, the quickest path from one side of a wall to the other is to blow it up.

I mean, I think sneezing near bombs is only a danger if you're a dragon.

And by "ours" you mean "yours". You're the one with the bombs, after all.

Funny how, just as you say you might like explosives a bit much... you get max capacity. Funny how things work out.

Hey, its your people, Zodi. They like explosions as much as you do!

...how did that statue fit inside the ancient one? Okay, let's just say it's magic. I probably shouldn't ask questions.

Well, I suppose when you don't have any walls handy...

Spoiler: Treasure Trackers
    Show
    Treasure # Contents Chart?
    1 Purple Rupee (50) No
    2 Silver Rupee (200) Yes
    3 Piece of Heart Yes
    4 Orange Rupee (100) No
    Rupees (Charts) 200
    Rupees (Total) 350

11. - Top - End - #161

Almost late episode because I forgot it was Monday rip me work schedule aaah

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker [15] Tower of the Gods

Video Length: 21:55

Today, we begin our journey up to the top of the Tower of the Gods. The Gods have left a trial for us, and it's up to us to complete it! This is one of my favorite dungeons, because it's so very clearly different from the other dungeons. The others are a bit more naturalistic, looking more like areas that exist, whereas this one is clearly designed to challenge us, to test us. It's really cool, and something I like a lot. You'll see that expressed a lot throughout the dungeon, the few enemies within are easily dispatched and more of a test of your abilities rather than anything else. The dungeon has three floors to it, the first two floors having a sort of hub with branching rooms, and solving each puzzle in the branches will eventually cause the way forward to open. The first floor is boat themed, and I kinda wish there was more boat dungeon. Cause that's kind of a fascinating idea, and one that I feel could of been done better? Or at least done more with. The first floor is about gathering these pillars that open up stuff, and there's only two of em. The second floor requires us to find these cute little statue friends, and to facilitate that it gives us a new song! The Command Melody, which lets us take over certain things nearby. It's a fascinating song, and one we'll see more of later.

As for enemies, we've got a few! Not all of the new enemies are seen today though. We've got Yellow Chu-chu's, which are annoying and covered in electricity until you stun them. We've also got Red Bubbles, flaming skulls that need to be put out with the Deku Leaf before you can smash em.

But yeah, that'll be it for today. Sorry if the post is kinda constrained compared to what it usually is, while this is one of my favorite dungeons I don't think I have much to say about it indepthly. It's a cool dungeon, with a great aesthetic, and I just wish we could of got more boat stuff done in it. Though the waiting involved with the boat stuff...could do a little less of that.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

I notice the Fishman doesn't actually mention the suddenly-appearing huge tower. Would it still be mapped if you fed him before putting in all the pearls?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    I notice the Fishman doesn't actually mention the suddenly-appearing huge tower. Would it still be mapped if you fed him before putting in all the pearls?
    There is no Fishman if the Tower isn't up.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Interesting. I wasn't expecting a boat dungeon. Although, in retrospect, I probably should have.

Oh dear. Losing a whole quarter heart from a bomb exploding in your hands, above your head.

Ah, okay, those spaces are for statues. I thought they might be holes or something.

Couldn't you try 'leapfrogging' the statues ahead, to try and use one to block the Beamos while you move the other a little?

Or that. I guess it only takes one placement if you time it right.

What, you mean the first one isn't the hardest?

Show
    1 Purple Rupee (50) No
    2 Silver Rupee (200) Yes
    3 Piece of Heart Yes
    4 Orange Rupee (100) No
    Rupees (Charts) 200
    Rupees (Total) 350

15. - Top - End - #165

A little (lottle) late due to work, but a new A Taste Of is here.

A Taste Of: Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Video Length: 19:46

BWAH.

It's a lot better than it sounds I swear.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

I can agree, flat out, it's great. I've been working my way through it (just gotten past world 2), and it's really fun. So far, my only real gripe is that team flexibility... is not huge. Since you can't swap out Mario, you have to have at least one Rabbid in your team, and your team (at least, as far as I know so far) is limited to 3... yeah. I'm sure you can see the problem. I'd really like to be able to explore more varied team configurations.

The writing is pretty on point, too (at least most of the time, there's a tad too much bathroom humor for me - especially considering my only other Rabbid encounter was in the DS version of Rayman: Raving Rabbids, which is when they were actual platforming enemies), especially the antagonist. There've been some great lines there.

One thing I've noticed is that, for the bonuses (at least so far), turn limits are pretty forgiving. You've just got to make sure not to get one team member piled on, and plan ahead, and it's pretty easy to get. I haven't missed one yet (though, some were by the barest handful of HP.).

Yeah, movement is amazing in this game. Being able to move, do abilities, and shoot in whatever order you want - even switching between characters at-will - it feels great, and it's so satisfying to see a good combo come together. Chaining movement and bounce jumps to be able to traverse the whole map feels great, and it's one reason that I haven't been able to give up Luigi (besides, y'know, him being the better Mario Brother ).

There is the rare stage that's three fights. I've come up against one of those so far.

The character cutscene animations are also really great. Especially when it's just the non-conversing background characters.

Yeah, the game does get a lot harder. Especially the Challenges. I've, uh, sometimes had to come back with better equipment to do those.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

I have no idea how the Rabbids can be so irritating in their own games and hilarious in the Mario universe context. Is it because they have a proper straight man to play off of?

18. - Top - End - #168

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Is it because they have a proper straight man to play off of?
    Literally 100% that. That and the Rabbid cosplayer characters actually HAVE a character to them, they're not just random screaming bwahs.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

I have also been playing this, and generally agree. I'll probably be returning it just before the 30-day deadline, though - it doesn't seem likely to have much replay value.

Also, it occurs to me that the Rabbids are basically pre-Minions?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

A little (lottle) late due to work, but a new A Taste Of is here.

A Taste Of: Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Video Length: 19:46

BWAH.

It's a lot better than it sounds I swear.
    Let's just say my opinion is fundamentally diametrically opposed to yours. But hey, that's just, like, my opinion, man.

I've got a backlog of crap to do, and never enough time to do it in. Don't worry, I'm still going to get around to completing my equipment guide.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    It doesn't seem likely to have much replay value.
    I dunno. I guess it all depends how much you want to try taking on different missions with different teams.

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Let's just say my opinion is fundamentally diametrically opposed to yours. But hey, that's just, like, my opinion, man.
    One thing that I have noticed about opinions regarding this game, is it seems to be a very love-it-or-hate-it kind of deal. And, that's fair. Not everyone likes the same stuff.
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2017-09-13 at 09:27 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi's Gusts (15)
    Show
    Almost late episode because I forgot it was Monday rip me work schedule aaah

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker [15] Tower of the Gods

Video Length: 21:55

Today, we begin our journey up to the top of the Tower of the Gods. The Gods have left a trial for us, and it's up to us to complete it! This is one of my favorite dungeons, because it's so very clearly different from the other dungeons. The others are a bit more naturalistic, looking more like areas that exist, whereas this one is clearly designed to challenge us, to test us. It's really cool, and something I like a lot. You'll see that expressed a lot throughout the dungeon, the few enemies within are easily dispatched and more of a test of your abilities rather than anything else. The dungeon has three floors to it, the first two floors having a sort of hub with branching rooms, and solving each puzzle in the branches will eventually cause the way forward to open. The first floor is boat themed, and I kinda wish there was more boat dungeon. Cause that's kind of a fascinating idea, and one that I feel could of been done better? Or at least done more with. The first floor is about gathering these pillars that open up stuff, and there's only two of em. The second floor requires us to find these cute little statue friends, and to facilitate that it gives us a new song! The Command Melody, which lets us take over certain things nearby. It's a fascinating song, and one we'll see more of later.

As for enemies, we've got a few! Not all of the new enemies are seen today though. We've got Yellow Chu-chu's, which are annoying and covered in electricity until you stun them. We've also got Red Bubbles, flaming skulls that need to be put out with the Deku Leaf before you can smash em.

But yeah, that'll be it for today. Sorry if the post is kinda constrained compared to what it usually is, while this is one of my favorite dungeons I don't think I have much to say about it indepthly. It's a cool dungeon, with a great aesthetic, and I just wish we could of got more boat stuff done in it. Though the waiting involved with the boat stuff...could do a little less of that.

I love this temple. I mean, I love all the temples in this game, but this one is great.

Nice job on the box hopping. +1 Style point.

This response is short because this week has been busy.

EPISODE 15 KILL TALLY!

Yellow Chuchu - 16
    Red Bubble - 1
    Rat - 1

Style Points - 1

Missed Rupees - 0!

The Wind Waker
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 15)

Spoiler
    Show

Bubble, Red - 1
    Kargarok - 2
    Rat - 4
    Warship - 1

Baba
    Boko Baba - 16
    Kalle Damos - 1

Blin
    Bokoblin, Red - 4
    Bokoblin, Blue - 24
    Bokoblin, Green - 4
    Moblin, Blue - 6

ChuChus
    Chuchu, Red - 24
    Chuchu, Green - 25
    Chuchu, Yellow - 16

Keese
    Keese - 7
    Keese, Fire - 4

Molds
    Magtail - 3
    Gohma - 1
    Morth - 168
    Mothula - 3
    Mothula, Winged - 1

Octoroks
    Octorok - 6
    Big Octo (8 eyes) - 1

Peahats
    Peahat - 11
    Seahat - 6

Total Things Dead - 343

Total Style Points - 7

Total Missed Rupees - 45
    Total Lost Rupees - 95
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2017-09-14 at 01:31 PM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

23. - Top - End - #173

Okay, time for some more of this.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker [16] Trials

Video Length: 28:30

Last time, we picked up the Command Melody, letting us take over the cute little statue guys (and other things) for more precision control. We've got two more to get, so let's go about doing that shall we? I actually quite like this little challenge, it's fun. Simple to understand, easy to execute, but still requiring at least some thought. One of them is behind a series of somewhat tricky rope swinging stuff, while another is beyond some physic puzzles. They're rather simple, but fun. It's in this part of the dungeon that we get it's item, the stylish as all heck Hero Bow! The bow, as you'd expect, twing twangs out arrows and is really cool. Aiming with the Wii U gamepad is actually really good, though I tend to fire a bit higher than you're supposed to because I still have "drop distance" stuck in my mind, whereas it's not a thing here. The bow can pierce the flames of those Red Bubbles we fought, killing them instantly, as well as just ruin the day of any other enemy we come across.

Speaking of enemies, we've met some new ones! First, certain statues are actually enemies in disguise, the Armos! They jump around and try to bump you with their spiky body, and have a big crystal on the back that animates them. Smash it and they'll try to blow you up in a last ditch effort to defeat you. You can peg them in the eye with an arrow stun them. We also encounter their big brother, the Armos Knight, huge statues with a nasty looking face. They stomp around, occasionally opening their mouth. That's your chance to strike, shove a bomb up in there! An arrow to their eye will cause them to open their mouth for you. During some minor backtracking we also encounter the Wizrobe! These bird wizards are huge jerks that blast out a three way fireball at you and teleport around. Arrows make quick work of them, so stick to range if you can. Finally, we encounter one of the funnest enemies to fight in the game. Darknuts, heavily armoured soldiers with huge swords! You can, and mostly HAVE to, parry their attacks. Get behind em to slice the ropes keeping their armour on, or do a cool as heck jump attack that slices their helmet in half! Darknuts get faster as you strip their armour off, and if you remove their weapon they're capable of some pretty wicked kung fu, so don't get cocky. Each Darknut carries a Knight Crest, a sign of their skill and power. We also encounter a different type of Beamos, the Blue Beamos that only shoots in a straight line, but importantly since we have the bow we can shatter their crystal eye!

After making our way through all manner of puzzle and fight, we've finally reached the top of the Tower. Big Key in hand, we enter into a vast room shining with light, and face the final trial of the Gods. It wouldn't be a Nintendo game without a hand boss. It's time for Gohdan, a robotic final exam for this divine Tower! Beating it is simple, shoot each of it's eyes twice to stun it, then chuck a bomb in it's mouth. You can disable it's floating hands by shooting their eyes twice, but it isn't actually required. Gohdan has basically two attacks, smashing you or otherwise pushing you around with it's massive hands, and shooting a series of explosive bolts at you from it's mouth. If you run out of arrows or bombs, Gohdan will gracefully deploy some for you to collect, since this IS a challenge by the Gods and not an actual evil monster. Three bomb blasts and the fight is over. Gohdan finds us worthy, rewards us with a heart container, and sets up a magical portal (again, different from the other bosses to show this isn't evil) that takes us to the utmost top of the Tower. A bell hangs there, waiting to be rung, so we do what comes natural.

The bell rings out across the entire ocean, and from it's chime a single point of light appears within the Tower of the Gods. We meet up with the King of Red Lions, and steel ourselves for the task ahead. We dive into the light, sinking down beneath the waves...to a place long forgotten. I'll see you guys next time, where we'll finally get to return...to Hyrule.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi's Gusts (16)
    Show
    Okay, time for some more of this.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker [16] Trials

Video Length: 28:30

Last time, we picked up the Command Melody, letting us take over the cute little statue guys (and other things) for more precision control. We've got two more to get, so let's go about doing that shall we? I actually quite like this little challenge, it's fun. Simple to understand, easy to execute, but still requiring at least some thought. One of them is behind a series of somewhat tricky rope swinging stuff, while another is beyond some physic puzzles. They're rather simple, but fun. It's in this part of the dungeon that we get it's item, the stylish as all heck Hero Bow! The bow, as you'd expect, twing twangs out arrows and is really cool. Aiming with the Wii U gamepad is actually really good, though I tend to fire a bit higher than you're supposed to because I still have "drop distance" stuck in my mind, whereas it's not a thing here. The bow can pierce the flames of those Red Bubbles we fought, killing them instantly, as well as just ruin the day of any other enemy we come across.

Speaking of enemies, we've met some new ones! First, certain statues are actually enemies in disguise, the Armos! They jump around and try to bump you with their spiky body, and have a big crystal on the back that animates them. Smash it and they'll try to blow you up in a last ditch effort to defeat you. You can peg them in the eye with an arrow stun them. We also encounter their big brother, the Armos Knight, huge statues with a nasty looking face. They stomp around, occasionally opening their mouth. That's your chance to strike, shove a bomb up in there! An arrow to their eye will cause them to open their mouth for you. During some minor backtracking we also encounter the Wizrobe! These bird wizards are huge jerks that blast out a three way fireball at you and teleport around. Arrows make quick work of them, so stick to range if you can. Finally, we encounter one of the funnest enemies to fight in the game. Darknuts, heavily armoured soldiers with huge swords! You can, and mostly HAVE to, parry their attacks. Get behind em to slice the ropes keeping their armour on, or do a cool as heck jump attack that slices their helmet in half! Darknuts get faster as you strip their armour off, and if you remove their weapon they're capable of some pretty wicked kung fu, so don't get cocky. Each Darknut carries a Knight Crest, a sign of their skill and power. We also encounter a different type of Beamos, the Blue Beamos that only shoots in a straight line, but importantly since we have the bow we can shatter their crystal eye!

After making our way through all manner of puzzle and fight, we've finally reached the top of the Tower. Big Key in hand, we enter into a vast room shining with light, and face the final trial of the Gods. It wouldn't be a Nintendo game without a hand boss. It's time for Gohdan, a robotic final exam for this divine Tower! Beating it is simple, shoot each of it's eyes twice to stun it, then chuck a bomb in it's mouth. You can disable it's floating hands by shooting their eyes twice, but it isn't actually required. Gohdan has basically two attacks, smashing you or otherwise pushing you around with it's massive hands, and shooting a series of explosive bolts at you from it's mouth. If you run out of arrows or bombs, Gohdan will gracefully deploy some for you to collect, since this IS a challenge by the Gods and not an actual evil monster. Three bomb blasts and the fight is over. Gohdan finds us worthy, rewards us with a heart container, and sets up a magical portal (again, different from the other bosses to show this isn't evil) that takes us to the utmost top of the Tower. A bell hangs there, waiting to be rung, so we do what comes natural.

The bell rings out across the entire ocean, and from it's chime a single point of light appears within the Tower of the Gods. We meet up with the King of Red Lions, and steel ourselves for the task ahead. We dive into the light, sinking down beneath the waves...to a place long forgotten. I'll see you guys next time, where we'll finally get to return...to Hyrule.

I like how newly unlocked doors flash showing you which way was opened up after the cut scene.

Armos Knight: Feed me! Mmmmm! Thank you! Now I hug you! *gah no get away!*

Hahaha, that eye switch randomly timed to block your arrow at exactly the precise moment you shot...

Gohdan: I see you're running out of arrows...ACHOOO! *You got arrows! They might not fly great though...*

Gohdan: Alas you have defeated me....ACHOO! *You got a heart container! It contains snot!*

Lots of enemies this episode. Excellent...I'm curious if we count the Wizzrobes as fire ones, because I can't remember if there are later ice ones. Or if there are ones considered fire ones later and these are the normal ones... I'm also glad the Beamos react differently depending on color. Their colors are very light to me and its occasionally hard to tell from my view point combined with background colors interacting with it.

Not counting Gohdan as a kill since he survives and goes back into the wall. Counts as defeated! But we don't count defeats here. We count kills.

EPISODE 16 KILL TALLY!

Red Bubble - 4
    Darknut - 1
    Armos - 3
    Yellow Chuchu - 1
    Wizzrobe - 2
    Armos Knight - 4
    Keese - 2
    Red Beamos - 4
    Blue Beamos - 4
    Kargorok - 2

Style Points - 0

Missed Rupees - 1
    Lost Orbs - 1

The Wind Waker
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 16)

Spoiler
    Show

Bubbles, Red - 5
    Darknuts - 1
    Kargaroks - 4
    Rats - 4
    Warships - 1
    Wizzrobes - 2

Baba
    Boko Baba - 16
    Kalle Damos - 1

Blin
    Bokoblins, Red - 4
    Bokoblins, Blue - 24
    Bokoblins, Green - 4
    Moblins, Blue - 6

ChuChus
    Chuchus, Red - 24
    Chuchus, Green - 25
    Chuchus, Yellow - 17

Constructs
    Armos - 3
    Armos Knights - 4
    Beamos, Red - 4
    Beamos, Blue - 4

Keese
    Keese - 9
    Keese, Fire - 4

Molds
    Magtails - 3
    Gohma - 1
    Morths - 168
    Mothulas - 3
    Mothulas, Winged - 1

Octoroks
    Octoroks - 6
    Big Octos (8 eyes) - 1

Peahats
    Peahats - 11
    Seahats - 6

Total Things Dead - 370

Total Style Points - 7

Total Missed Rupees - 46
    Total Lost Rupees - 95
    Total Lost Orbs - 4

World Building Projects:
    Magic

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

Interesting mechanic. I look forward to seeing what they do with it.

Also, you're leaving him there because you have no way to get him across yet.

Alas, poor blue rupee.

Well, I see where they expected you to fight the Knights first.

Ooh, magitek aesthetic. Nice.

And spooky, eerie castle...

Show
    1 Purple Rupee (50) No
    2 Silver Rupee (200) Yes
    3 Piece of Heart Yes
    4 Orange Rupee (100) No
    Rupees (Charts) 200
    Rupees (Total) 350

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Interesting mechanic. I look forward to seeing what they do with it.

Also, you're leaving him there because you have no way to get him across yet.

Alas, poor blue rupee.

Well, I see where they expected you to fight the Knights first.

Ooh, magitek aesthetic. Nice.

And spooky, eerie castle...

Show
    1 Purple Rupee (50) No
    2 Silver Rupee (200) Yes
    3 Piece of Heart Yes
    4 Orange Rupee (100) No
    Rupees (Charts) 200
    Rupees (Total) 350
    Which blue rupee are we talking about here?

World Building Projects:
    Magic

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

Which blue rupee are we talking about here?
    The one from the first Armos, that fell into the abyss just after the 5:50 mark.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

The one from the first Armos, that fell into the abyss just after the 5:50 mark.
    Nope, I think that's actually a bomb! Armos usually drop those, from what I remember.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2017-09-15 at 01:26 PM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

Nope, I think that's actually a bomb! Armos usually drop those, from what I remember.
    Ah, okay. Now that you mention it, yeah, it does look like that. My mistake. This is why you track this stuff, and I stick to the obvious stuff.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, okay. Now that you mention it, yeah, it does look like that. My mistake. This is why you track this stuff, and I stick to the obvious stuff.
    No worries! I miss stuff all the time so I always appreciate the help. Its hard to tell sometimes. For example the red bubbles Zodi shoots drop arrows. I saw they dropped something but it took a couple play throughs to tell that it was in fact an arrow.

World Building Projects:
    Magic