New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Poppy O'Possum - Perky, not stupid

There was a thread about this comic a while back, but the thread died when there was a mini-hiatus. But now that the action is really ramping up, I wanted to know what people thought about it?

And for those who don't know what this comic is about, allow me to quote the comic's bio:

Poppy O’Possum is a story about a mother named Poppy Odeletta Possum who lives on a world called Flora and wants nothing more than to retire to a comfortable homemaking life with her daughter, Lily. Unfortunately, living’s especially rough on Flora when you’re an opossum, and Poppy’s a regular trouble magnet. She’s moved to a little town in the Fenneclands called Eggton to try and start a new, low-profile life. This fails immediately.

Wild monsters, Mafia goons, military regimes, and even ancient magic conspiracies all want a piece of her, for reasons both mundane and unusual. But they’re about to bite off a lot more than they can chew, because a life of progressively harder knocks has turned this mom into one of the toughest, strongest women the world has ever known.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Poppy O'Possum - Perky, not stupid

Also it's about to change formats from Comic to illustrated prose at the end of the current chapter.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltstarfire View Post
    Also it's about to change formats from Comic to illustrated prose at the end of the current chapter.
    That was repeated today, first time I noticed it. Erfworld, Spinnerette, Poppy, it's a plague, where will it strike next?
    Last edited by halfeye; 2017-09-02 at 04:28 AM.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

I read the previous blog and the creator wasn't enjoying doing so much art and was more interested in the story. Which I can understand. If it starts feeling like a slog, then that's a job, not a passion.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, that is legitimately creepy.