New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #3001
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Monnock View Post
    ITS NOT GENOCIDE IF YOU ARE ONLY KILLING THREE PEOPLE OF THAT RACE. Also, this fits back into my "nobody cares about you" example of the werewolves. They are so full of themselves that they think that removing three people from their lands constitutes the annihilation of a race.
    Actually, it falls back to Mookie. In dramatic moments, he tends to use over-the-top words.

Also, LMAO at Mookie's definition of 'purging.' I don't mean this to be a commentary on politics or anything, but imagine the reaction if America said "we are purging our presence in Iraq" then just demolished all the McDonalds and other American-based company structures there while not removing a single troop. Or during the Crusades: We will purge the Infidels from our lands! (either side may apply), then not actually fighting them at all, just burning down their temples. Its moronic.
    Actually, it'd be like a pro-American Iraqi PM telling his countrymen that he was purging Iraq of all American presence and influence (in order to get the radicals more under control). He'd close all the fast-food stores and American-owned companies, but then re-open them under Iraqi control and hire the Americans that worked there so they're on the Iraqi payroll.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

2. - Top - End - #3002
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Although the old name kinda implied that Mookie was high when drawing/writing the comic, which seemed rather fitting to me.
    I'd like the next thread to be titled "Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Ailleurs" but I'm not sure everybody would get it. (It means "elsewhere" in French. Same pronunciation as hire/higher except for the lack of the h.)

By the way, have any of you noticed the "'Deadeye' Deegan and the Longshot Clan" link that has been on the menu bar for I-don't-know-how-long?
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

3. - Top - End - #3003
    Titan in the Playground

Winterwind, a most excellent compilation!

On to purging:

Poor Milov must still be a little staggered from all the drinking if he thinks his statements are internally consistent.

Behold: Nimmel is not to be executed/expelled because he has "done nothing wrong." However, the Luanian Church is to be expelled (along with all its preachers) because an individual (Jayden) has done something individually wrong. Unless the Luanian Church advocates (1) sleeping around and/or (2) cheating on your boyfriend for no good reason, it *too* has done nothing wrong and is being punished by association.

But what of loyalty? I'm not sure if a church can "show loyalty" but I'm sure the fidelity which the other priests must have (being LG) should be honorable enough. Certainly more honorable than Nimmel who, as has been pointed out, betrayed the sacrifice of his comrades who all died rather than give up information.

I don't think this even counts as Fridge Logic, but if the council accepts Milov's arguments then they must be suffering under Plot Induced Stupidity.

The only good thing is that Milov is, in fact, purging most to the Callanians from his land. Um, chances are none of the First or Second Caste individuals will be affected either (save Jayden, the trollop!)...

Stupid Mookie! I would say this is the worst way to end the arc, but I know that tomorrow, he'll introduce another factor which will only enrage me further!

*shift*

Digression on WA Political Theory
    Spoiler
    Show
    The WA appeals to be organized on a very loose "pack model" mixed with a clan confederacy. Every clan chooses the most powerful/prestigious member of its clan to "speak" for it (the alpha), and the clan council uses consensus (tinged with violence) for all of its decisions. Power/influence affects a given clan's weight in the council, though all Clan Lands appear to be relatively sovereign. Old people (elders) appear to have the right to remain on the Clan Council, though their power is diminished - perhaps generally only in an advisory role.

Geopolitically, we have no idea where the WA is in relation to Callan. Since Callan appears to be fairly warm, I think we can say WA is northish, and probably fairly close to land. The WA appear to be xenophobic to a very high degree and very touchy, so I bet Callan does its best to leave them alone. Rather, Callan prefers to pick on the strangely-warlike-but-pacific vegetarian orcs using proxy armies for no good reason.

Finally, it doesn't look like any "nation" actually has relations with any other except through the Luanian Church.

Summary
    1. WA is filled with powerful, xenophobic (in a good way?) werewolves across water
    2. Callan is a senselessly violent nation that picks fights with weak nations via implausible proxy armies
    3. The Luanian Church is the only source of "foreign relations" in the world, but nobody likes them either
    4. The Orcs are a strangely-warlike-but-pacific race of vegetarians who some Callanians discriminate against (older generation + 4th Caste), but the younger generation loves
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

4. - Top - End - #3004
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    I'd like the next thread to be titled "Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Ailleurs" but I'm not sure everybody would get it. (It means "elsewhere" in French. Same pronunciation as hire/higher except for the lack of the h.)
    Damn. I really should refresh my French, it's gotten completely rusty (and I used to speak it nigh fluently! ).

But actually, I'd like to see how long we can get this thread.

By the way, have any of you noticed the "'Deadeye' Deegan and the Longshot Clan" link that has been on the menu bar for I-don't-know-how-long?
    I did. Never followed it though.

So, where are the Award winners? Don't we get an Awards Acceptance Speech, or are you afraid of eliminating San Francisco?

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    Winterwind, a most excellent compilation!
    Thanks!

Poor Milov must still be a little staggered from all the drinking if he thinks his statements are internally consistent.
    I still want to know how purging the lands from Callanian presence does not imply getting rid of the Callanians themselves.

Behold: Nimmel is not to be executed/expelled because he has "done nothing wrong." However, the Luanian Church is to be expelled (along with all its preachers) because an individual (Jayden) has done something individually wrong. Unless the Luanian Church advocates (1) sleeping around and/or (2) cheating on your boyfriend for no good reason, it *too* has done nothing wrong and is being punished by association.
    I can only suppose that the church counts as "influence", whereas a single person does not.
    Yeah, it's a weak explanation.

Stupid Mookie! I would say this is the worst way to end the arc, but I know that tomorrow, he'll introduce another factor which will only enrage me further!
    Of course, we shall see yet how he closes the Siegfried arc, which is at the very least somehow related.
    Still, what exactly did this arc accomplish? A group of priests we didn't know about in the first place is getting kicked out of the Winter Archipelago. Well? So what? It's not like their presence was important to the plot for some reason anyway.

Since Callan appears to be fairly warm, I think we can say WA is northish, and probably fairly close to land.
    Unless it's on the southern hemisphere, but otherwise, yeah.

The WA appear to be xenophobic to a very high degree and very touchy, so I bet Callan does its best to leave them alone. Rather, Callan prefers to pick on the strangely-warlike-but-pacific vegetarian orcs using proxy armies for no good reason.
    Indeed, begs the question what exactly this war was about in the first place. It's not like Callan used the Maltak plains for anything after that, or as if there were any natural ressources they received as tribute.

Summary
    1. WA is filled with powerful, xenophobic (in a good way?) werewolves across water
    2. Callan is a senselessly violent nation that picks fights with weak nations via implausible proxy armies
    3. The Luanian Church is the only source of "foreign relations" in the world, but nobody likes them either
    4. The Orcs are a strangely-warlike-but-pacific race of vegetarians who some Callanians discriminate against (older generation + 4th Caste), but the younger generation loves
    Wow. Mookie's world building is even weaker than I realised.
    Last edited by Winterwind; 2007-11-07 at 01:01 PM.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

5. - Top - End - #3005
    Titan in the Playground

"Deadeye" Deegan is purely coincidental - there's no way to tie it to DD.

Acceptance speech though? Let's see...

I'd like to thank the Association for granting me my rightful title of Tenth Dan of the "Anything Goes" Trope School of Forum Martial Arts.

It has been said that I have this title Because Destiny Says So (though as much as I respect Winterwind, he is not quite Destiny Itself) or that the voting was tainted by large cash sums. To them, I must says that I won this title fair and square, because My Kung-Fu is Stronger Than Yours.

So remember kids, TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Lives, but you have no choice, because media studies are Serious Business!

Thank you one and all

EDIT:
    On the Maltak War and Mookie's Purpose
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stated purpose for the Maltak War was a land-grab, since the plains were expansive and stuff. Clearly Mookie wanted the Orcs to be Noble Savages on the "Injun" bent - fierce and noble warriors who respected Mother Earth and wanted no trouble with the White Man (Callan) until they tried to push them out.

Now, in America the expansion westward was designed to lessen population pressures and to provide greater opportunities for European immigrants - Land of Opportunity and all that. Good, bad, or whatever, there was a clear and compelling reason to expand into the west - oh, and France or Spain would likely have taken up our interior if we hadn't.

Callan though? It looks completely unmotivated because Mookie didn't do his research. Mookie doesn't care why things happened, just that they did, so he causes everyone to seemingly act randomly to achieve whatever ends Mookie wants to see.

It does not matter to Mookie why Callan would invade Maltak, nor why Callan would use Infernomancers, nor why the vegetarian and pacific Orcs spend so much time being warlike among each other. All he wanted to do is show a poor race ("Injuns" or Orcs) being set upon by evil men (US Cavalry or Infernomancers) by an uncaring nation (US or Callan).

This, by the way, is one of the reasons that all the Red Shirts seem to be empty headed, unthinking clods. It's not just that Mookie thinks people are dumb (he does) but if he doesn't have a specific message for them to deliver, he had no use for what gets them through the day - so why bother worrying about them?

Pah, that turned out to be a rant, so I've spoilered it.
    Last edited by Oracle_Hunter; 2007-11-07 at 01:20 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

6. - Top - End - #3006
    Titan in the Playground

Now that was great. Thank you, Oracle_Hunter.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

7. - Top - End - #3007

"Deadeye" Deegan is purely coincidental - there's no way to tie it to DD.
    Are you so sure? Of course, when you actually read it (something about enchanted arrows), it doesn't seem related, but you have deadeye vs. seer and an alliteration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

8. - Top - End - #3008
    Titan in the Playground

Are you so sure? Of course, when you actually read it (something about enchanted arrows), it doesn't seem related, but you have deadeye vs. seer and an alliteration.
    I dunno, a band of bloodthirsty brothers forced into sorcerous servitude by divine decision until they have helped enough good guys?

It just doesn't jive.

Besides, Mookie isn't the only one drawn to alluring alliteration

Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

9. - Top - End - #3009
    Ogre in the Playground

Y'know Nimmel's little back story can be very easily twisted against him. I mean, it is afater a case of Loyalty vs Loyalty... He was loyal to his classmates, but at the cost of betraying his teacher.

And one thing came to mind with this
    Milov: "Hey Nimmel, you know that horribly tragic event that left you emotionally, mentally, and physically scared and nearly drove you to Suiced? Ya well, in order to get back Family pride which in essence is rather meaningless, i'm gonna need you to talk about it in front dozens of strangers... oh, and to be more convincing i think i'll have you let everyone see it with seer magic. It'll be like reliving the event! I'm sure their is no danger of you having a relapse or something... and it's not like their aren't other examples of Callan Loyalty throughout it's long history that i can call back upon to show that not all Callans are bad"

And Really, i think i need an explanation on how Callans themselves are not considered "Callan presence". honestly... y'know, would it have been so hard for Mookie to say Callan "culture" instead of presence... that be like saying, Callans are still welcome thouhg they must live by the ways of the locals and leave their culture behind.

and you got to love the punishing all of Callan for the wrongdoings of two individuals... Ya, i guess by being part of the second Caste, Milov will be resloved in all error in that decision... Y'know, i think if this was Boris making this exact same purposal he would would condemned by The Dominic

Milov's current actions-
    Milov: because of the betrayal done by the two Callans, all Callan culture will be removed form the land, but the Callans themselves are still welcome.
    The Dominic: I'm sorry it came to this, but you were in a tough position and something had to be done... it's only understandable that you would do such a thing and no one can blame you for it

if Milov decided to stick by his previous decisions regarding Callan culture in WA-
    Boris: To restore Milov's and his families pride, the elders and alphas decided to meet Milov halfway... because of the betrayal done by the two Callans, all Callan culture will be removed from the land, but the Callans themselves are still welcome.
    The Dominic: Those stupid Bigots! How dare they punish a whole race for the acts of the few!

THE ENCYCLOPEDIA DOMINICA!
    created by the joint efforts of all the Mookiemockers in this very thread, working tiredlessly to reveal the secrets and inner workings of the Deeganverse and the broken plots, drawings and writing of our most favourite (to make fun of) author.
    And here i thought the caste system was awsome, talk about raising the bar
    too awsome

Y'know i really would like to see the reaction from other forums on that...
    There will be those who agree with it and find it to be as hilarious as we find it, and it will probably be hilarious to hear Deegan lovers try and fight back agaisnt it ( Though it could also be rather frusrtating...)
    Last edited by slayerx; 2007-11-07 at 02:02 PM.

10. - Top - End - #3010
    Ogre in the Playground

We have some disturbing implications in this update. We’ve seen a lot of things to be mutable in the Mookieverse, but today RACE becomes subject to change!

assume: Callanians are immoral. Therefore if a person is moral, they cannot be Callanian;
    and: Werewolves are moral. Therefore if a person is moral, they might be a werewolf;
    then: Nimmel claims to be Callanian, but is moral. Since he cannot be Callanian, perhaps he is a little tiny rock werewolf.

I'd launch into a tirade about this logic, but it makes me too tired.

11. - Top - End - #3011
    Bugbear in the Playground

__________________________________________________ __________

And now for the Awards!

"Scathing Scornmaster of Supreme Sneering Sarcasm" goes to ElfLad, whose relentless criticisms of Mookie and his work have not lost even a bit of their lethal edge; no other Mookiemocker has proved as merciless and determinated in their pursuit of mocking the Mook; this unsurpassed cruelty earns him this honorable title.
    You like me! You really like me!

Spoiler
    Show

THE ENCYCLOPEDIA DOMINICA!
    created by the joint efforts of all the Mookiemockers in this very thread, working tiredlessly to reveal the secrets and inner workings of the Deeganverse and the broken plots, drawings and writing of our most favourite (to make fun of) author.

Aberthast Cathedral
    Resocialization centre. People who go there return as mindless sheep. It is a horrible place, where - no, please, no, don't take me, take Oracle_Hunter instead, please, it was him who---
    Nothing to see here, citizen. Keep going. The Dominic is Your Friend.

Balloon Boobs
    A sexual ideal. Albeit I don't want to know for whom.

Callan
    Basically the US in a supposedly (but not really) medieval setting, this unfortunate realm has drawn the relentless wrath of the Dominus upon itself. Therefore, it's failings must be pointed out and despised (instead of tolerated, accepted and embraced, as would be the case with other nations).
    The population consists of either mindless sheep (see Deegandrug) or ignorant racists (who happen to be 100% spot on with their prejudices).
    It is also hated by everyone else.
    Because.

Caste
    See Caste System.

Caste System
    The Deeganverse has a simple caste-system, with five castes with a strict hierarchy.

The First Caste is the Deegan Family; they have practically a monopoly on good karma in the Deeganverse. They are good, perfect, always right (including and especially if they are not), and ultimately always win. Association with Dominic is more important than the Deegan name, in this regard: Luna is First Caste, Jacob is not.
    Examples: Dominic, Gregory, Luna.

The Second Caste are the Deegan Friends. They, too, are good and (save for occasional moral slips, like Pam's Incredibly Unjust Punishment of Dominic) moral, but lack the power to overcome anything on their own, and therefore need the Deegans to help them. With everything.
    Examples: Pam, Milov, Jayden

The Third Caste are the Anti-Heroes. These are morally wrong, but are handsome, powerful and therefore worthy of being saved. The major difference between them and the Fourth Caste is that, while both often exhibit the very same negative traits, the Deegans arbitrarily decide that members of the Third Caste can be forgiven, whereas those of the Fourth Caste cannot. Even if the Third Caste members do things actually much worse.
    Examples: Siegfried, Szark, Snowsong, probably Karnak, maybe Celesto

The Fourth Caste are the Enemies. They are precisely the same as the Third Caste, except that they are not redeemable. The reason is: Because. Yep, that's the entire reason. Fourth Caste is often, though not always, ugly, and almost comically over-the-top in their negative traits, prominently racism.
    Examples: Taggerty, Boris, any infernomancer

Fifth Caste is all the non-magical people who live their lives without any relevance to the plot.
    Examples: per definition, Fifth Caste members do not have a name.

The Caste a character belongs to is determined at his birth and, save for a few exceptions, usually does not change. The actual deeds and alignment of a character do not matter: First and Second Caste characters can do things as evil as they wish to, and will be praised for that.
    The only Caste-change which occurs often is from Third to Second: redeemed Anti-Heroes ultimately become Deegan Friends. The most prominent examples of this are Szark Sturtz and Bumper. A rarer case might have occured with regard to Celesto: arguably, by blowing Dominic's leg away, the fool might have sealed his fall from Third to Fourth Caste.
    Another Caste change could be observed rather recently with the initiation of Nimmel's ascension to First Caste.

Celesto 5
    Our last best hope for Dominic's fall.

Cheap
    See Death.

Cheekmouth
    A common affliction in the Deeganverse, this horrible disease causes the victims to mutate into horrible things with a seperate mouth on both of their cheeks. Other side effects include a higher willingness to worship the Dominus, racism and inconsistency.

Churchspace
    A place for holding currently unused characters, while redeeming them if necessary. See also Aberthast Cathedral.

Death
    An event which, if directed against higher Caste members, is tragic enough for The Dominic to be sad. Possibly even for as much as ten minutes. But don't worry, it is a highly temporary affliction, since deceased higher Caste members can reincarnate to keep protecting the main characters. Even if it includes dying again.
    See also Cheap.
    If applied to Fourth Caste members, on the other hand, it is a reason to celebrate. These tend to be gone permanently, too.

Deegandrug
    An air-born substance released by the First Caste into the air. Causes sheep-like obliviousness to the First Caste's failings, blind following and deep admiration for all of the First Caste's deeds. Only few remain immune to the Deegandrug's effects.

Disfigurement
    A thing of beauty, which must under no circumstances be removed. But who would want to do that, anyway? Other girls and boys love hideous disfigurements! Isn't that good to know, kids?

Dominic
    The immaculate self-insertion character, the All-Seeing Eye who is never wrong and solves any problem before the problem even knows it is about to occur. His morals are not to be questioned (even if questionable), he is always right (especially when he is wrong), and his defeats can be but temporary. His mind is superior to demon lords, his perfection knows no bounds. Lord of the First Caste. The Dominus.

Dynamic Panel Layout
    A way to put the plot on hold for a week. Means that the same layout will be used throughout that week each and every day, but it's a different layout than usual. Yay?

Forsaken
    Characters meant to appear in the strip and then forgotten. Include the Oracle Hunter and Huk Thak. See Trailer.

Gregory
    A brainwashed god.

Illusions
    Problem solvers. No, really! There's no problem a well placed illusion could not solve! One might kinda call them Deus Ex Machinas, but that would be mean, right?
    They are also well suited for fun activities, like children birthday parties or horribly traumatising friends. Fun times!

Inquisition
    Prominently lead by h_v, the Inquisition serves to cart off all the heretic posters on this thread who dare to speak the name of Our Lord Dominus, Who Sees Everything, The Great Manipulator, The One Behind The Strings without proper reverence to Aberthast Cathedral. Main enforcer of the Dominus' control.
    Noone expects the Deegan Inquisition!

Jocks
    People who mocked Mookie in school, and therefore are Fourth Caste material destined to die horribly.

Klo-Tark
    Why won't he die?! WHY WON'T HE DIE?!

LiveJournal
    Basically Evil Twin Universe us. I can only assume there's each and every one of us represented there, with a goatee, babbling genuine praise towards Mookie and Lord Dominus. Also known as sheep.

Luna
    Tusks.

Magic
    ...sometimes is just Magic.

Manipulation
    Desirable.

Miranda
    The heavy artillery. As long as Dominic's mother remains around, we can rest assured that even if something should go awry, the good guys can always call on this Deus Ex Machina support. That helps to not make things too exciting.

Mirror
    The perfect psychological instrument, heals any depression, insecurities, mental trauma and shyness, may also induce a complete 180 degree personality flip. This occurs by the character taking 5 minutes to remind her or himself of their successes or the necessecity for them to behave that way.
    It is unknown why Mookie has not yet patented this method, since it would easily replace all psychiatrists on the planet.
    Note that a physical mirror is not necessarily required; it's the 5 minutes reflection that counts.

Mookie
    See Dominic. Sans perfection.

Moon
    A huge, gargantuan round orb that is always in the background. How it accomplishes that feat is unknown yet.

Murder
    Minor infraction. May cause Death. Easily redeemable (see Caste System, Redemption).

Nineteen Eighty-Four
    Main inspiration for Dominic Deegan.
    Okay, not really, but for a major part of our MST3King anyway.

Orcs
    Noble savages. Can save by rape.

Perspective
    Is a lie told by my stupid art professor who didn't even like my awesome anime drawings.

Plot
    A psychological disorder, leading to people behaving temporarily or permanently in a way completely inconsistent with their character as established previously (see Mirror).

Races
    There are two kinds: Callanians and Non-Callanians. The former are mostly individuals, but pay for this by having much more severe moral standards applied to them (see Callan).
    Non-Callanians, on the other hand, are defined by single traits. Which is not racist at all. Obviously.
    Of course, there are still single individuals who break with their races customs and redeem them that way, because, even though other cultures' traditions are great, they can't possibly be as great as our own, right?

Racism
    See Death.

Rape
    Salvation, if administered by a noble savage, preferably of Orcish heritage.

Redemption
    Handed out arbitrarily. Minor crimes, like murder, are redeemed easily, rendering everyone completely oblivious to them. Worse crimes, like speaking badly about the Deegans or thinking about other cultures in a somewhat critical way, however, cannot be redeemed (see Caste System). Even if they are, they still may lead to Spontaneous Fourth Caste Reemersion Syndrome.

Seer
    Apparently some other term for 'deity', albeit much less likeable due to its scheming, manipulative ways.

Snout
    The horrible malformation of the nose/mouth-region, implanted into prisoners in Aberthast Cathedral and into any new-born child. It probably serves to improve the inhalation of the Deegandrug.

Spine
    Overrated. Noone in the Deeganverse uses these anymore.
    Same goes for all anatomy, really.

Spontaneous Fourth Caste Reemersion Syndrome
    A highly dangerous condition, lethal in 100% of all cases, so far incurable. It may occur in redeemed Third Caste members if their previous failings were grave enough (i.e. murder would not induce SFCRS, but being displeased with another culture's murdersome traditions might). The effect is an aura of Fourth Castiness in an otherwise Second Caste character, which may resurface at any time, thus causing the Deeganverse to believe the character is evil and must be purged.

Strip Slays
    Pure awesomeness. averagejoe, ElfLad, Mewthartio and Turcano are just a few of the grandiose artists who turn meager B-strips into victory with win on top.

SuperGreg
    An abomination that must not be spoken of.

Tentacle Rape
    Umm... let's change the subject, shall we?

Trailer
    Mookie's attempts to make it seem that something is happening, or at least will happen at some point in the future. A good bunch of trailers were forgotten, thus creating the Forsaken.
    Might also be a genuine attempt of Mookie to find out just what the hell he is doing. This might explain such questions like "Who is XXX?" or "What does YYY want?".

Trees
    Green mountains with snow on top. Weird.

TVTropes
    The lifetime stealing device employed by Oracle_Hunter to fuel his ingenious evil plans (I'm on to you, pal!). Contains all the wisdom of mankind and the explanation for every dumb turn the comic takes - if you can find them.

Werewolves
    Schrödinger beings, fluctuating between people in furry suits and raging racists prone to murderous frenzies. Best left alone, which fits well with the theme of them wanting to be left alone, being an isolationist, territorial species. Except for 90% of them, who are open-minded towards strangers.

__________________________________________________ __________

Okay, I think I just proved beyond any doubt that I have lost my mind.
    Yay!
    This is perfect. Also, I added one.
    a secret to everybody.

12. - Top - End - #3012
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ElfLad View Post
    You like me! You really like me!

This is perfect. Also, I added one.
    "I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden Deegan?"
    Last edited by Tekraen; 2007-11-07 at 02:44 PM.

13. - Top - End - #3013
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    Y'know i really would like to see the reaction from other forums on that...
    There will be those who agree with it and find it to be as hilarious as we find it, and it will probably be hilarious to hear Deegan lovers try and fight back agaisnt it ( Though it could also be rather frusrtating...)
    We're not exactly one of the "main" DD forums (pro, con, or snarky) but if you want to see the Battlefield of the Future, you need look no further than the Dominic Deegan TV Tropes Discussion Page.

Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

14. - Top - End - #3014
    Dwarf in the Playground

Why is everyone posting so much. I fail to read it. I am too busy revisong for a Maths GCSE on monday -.-

And so we come round to another random quote
    "Grampa where are you?"
    "I'm down here you ungrateful little punk"*looks down*"Hey hows it doing?"
    "Gramps are you okay?"
    "OK course i'm not okay, you put me in a home"
    "What? No i didn't"
    "Yes you did, You couldn't stand the sight of me anymore so you had me sent away. I swear kids these days they have no respect for their elders."
    "Grampa you're not in a home, you've been kidnapped"
    "What?"
    "Pegasus put your soul into a card and now he is forcing me to duel him in a tornament to rescue you"
    "What?"
    "Grampa is your hearing aid switched on?"
    "What? Just a second i don't think my hearing aid is switched on"
    "Grr *punches floor* And now my hand is broken"
    "WoOoOoah Nelly!"

Fairly long wasn't it
    |

Apperently my sig was too long last time... why don't they put a limit on it then?

15. - Top - End - #3015
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tentacle Rape
    Umm... let's change the subject, shall we?
    I want to know why there wasn't a award for person who most mentiond tentacle rape. But why? What is the problem with the amount of times i brought up tentacle rape to explain that brief period of a different pannel layout. That is all there is too it... Siggy just wants to let Milov know what Milov was missing out on with Jayden. But he got it all wrong... for obvious reasons inwhich i think may get me kicked from the forum for explaing. I also think that we must not tell Mookie the story which starts "when a Mommy and Daddy love each other very much". Why you ask? Well we must not let Mookie breed.
    |

Apperently my sig was too long last time... why don't they put a limit on it then?

16. - Top - End - #3016
    Orc in the Playground

What I want to know is: what Luanian priest are even there? We haven't seen any other than Jayden. And it is obvious that nobody (at least nobody important) actually follows the Luanian religion in the archipelago otherwise a single alpha would not be able to just get rid of it, so why is it even there to begin with?

They are doing a poor job of spreading their religion when none of the 'priest' are actually using diplomacy with the werewolves over the incident. I think they all just need one good Look in the Mirror (TM) to boost their confidence so they can defend themselves.

17. - Top - End - #3017

*jaw drops*

I finally found the comic that CONFIRMS that Dominic is a self-insertion.

Oh noes.

I have nothing to say, I will merely weep, for we were all correct.
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

18. - Top - End - #3018
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyFatGoblin View Post
    *jaw drops*

Oh noes.

Averagejoe posted this abomination a few days ago for my horrification.

It's depressing that he doesn't even try to hide it.

19. - Top - End - #3019
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyFatGoblin View Post
    *jaw drops*

Oh noes.

Honestly, I think that is just how he draws. That is not to say that Dominic isn't a self-insertion, I just feel that even if he isn't that is just how he would draw himself anyways.

Seriously, all the faces are pretty much the same so the only variability is whatever he puts onto that face. The anime-spiky hair, I believe, is his default, as many characters (regardless of gender) have the same hairstyle as Dominic's, only perhaps a little more curvy. The only other features are eye-wear and facial hair. If you look closely enough there are slight variations in chin/head cliff slope.
    Last edited by Monnock; 2007-11-07 at 07:32 PM.

20. - Top - End - #3020
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Occasional Sage View Post
    I almost wish we could all go to one of Mookie's appearances, just so we could all laugh at him.
    Explosion Mage of the House of Kato

21. - Top - End - #3021
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Santino18 View Post
    I almost wish we could all go to one of Mookie's appearances, just so we could all laugh at him.
    It is possible that he is able to form concepts on the issues he talked about that exceed what he is able to implement into a story, hence the seemingly contrary response to his presentation to what would be expected after viewing this thread. That, or the people at the conference simply have a different idea about what 'good' is.

Either way, it would be interesting to see what he said that caused people to give a standing ovation.

22. - Top - End - #3022
    Orc in the Playground

23. - Top - End - #3023
    Ogre in the Playground

I got twenty seconds into the first one before the utmost terror gripped my weak heart.

I feared that by watching it in its entirety I would summon our dread overlord, Cthulhu into the mortal realm.

24. - Top - End - #3024
    Ettin in the Playground

The comments on those videos make me sad.

25. - Top - End - #3025

Damn it. Now I'm attracted to Mookie.

Seriously though, from the interviews he's quite personable and surprisingly good-looking (if you like the geeky gamer types, which I do). One wonders why his self-esteem is apparently so low that his comic is rife with creepy wish fulfillment and self-insertion.
    Click here for whining.

Click here for kitten.

26. - Top - End - #3026
    Halfling in the Playground

Do you know what this means? This means that WE HAVE TO PUT UP WITH MORE OF SZARK!

And to have Mal play DD? My god, thats blasphemy!
    Explosion Mage of the House of Kato

27. - Top - End - #3027
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rubakhin View Post
    One wonders why his self-esteem is apparently so low that his comic is rife with creepy wish fulfillment and self-insertion.
    I'm gonna guess bullies in school. Just throwing that out there.

But you're right, he does seem like a pretty cool guy.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

28. - Top - End - #3028

Great commemoration of page 100, Winterwind!

I must admit, I wouldn't read the comic if it weren't for Strip Slays. MST3K's fun and all, but comics like today's just cannot be swallowed without a strip slay to mitigate their impact. Today marks the lead-in to what is most certainly going to be a trite, contrived plot, even by Mookie's standards (My powers of precognition tell me that the werewolves will be so overwhelmed by Nimmel's story that they'll tell Milov he doesn't have to exile the Callanians). There are three things I can do about this:
    1. I can accept it at face value and suffer horribly.
    2. I can come up with rampant speculation to make the events seem more plausible (eg Nimmel had secretly been in league with Karnak the entire time, and his loyalty is proven when he lets TIM kill his friends and scar his eye just to further the Demon Lord's schemes)
    3. I can make a strip slay, so that I'll be reminded of something funny when I look at the comic.

But we are more than just mockers, my friends. We are a--

...Winterwind, did you remember to put the anti-seer glyphs on the invitations?
    Last edited by Mewtarthio; 2007-11-07 at 11:17 PM.
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

29. - Top - End - #3029
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rubakhin View Post
    Damn it. Now I'm attracted to Mookie.

Seriously though, from the interviews he's quite personable and surprisingly good-looking (if you like the geeky gamer types, which I do). One wonders why his self-esteem is apparently so low that his comic is rife with creepy wish fulfillment and self-insertion.
    Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    But you're right, he does seem like a pretty cool guy.
    And so the Mookie redemption arc begins.

30. - Top - End - #3030
    Ogre in the Playground

The Land Where 99 Men Weep and One Man Laughs

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    ... the Livejournal folks already know this thread exists.

They didn't exactly like being mocked for their blind, fanboyish acceptance of all things Mookie.
    I would like some sauce on that, if it's not any trouble.

So, where are the Award winners? Don't we get an Awards Acceptance Speech, or are you afraid of eliminating San Francisco? .
    "I'd like to thank the Academy, and Jesus, and my fans...

I promised myself I wouldn't cry.

I'd also like to thank Mookie for his middle-school doodle animu art and Bill Gates for his crappy, never-upgraded picture manipulation program; both of their horrible creations were essential for making my work possible.

Free Tibet!"

Quote Originally Posted by h_v View Post
    The comments on those videos make me sad.
    YouTube comments make everyone sad.

"Mech is king."
    Heinz Guderian

Johann Kraus avatar courtesy of Beleth.