Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Jayden,

You suck.

Sincerely,
    Milov

PS - Church go boom! Kekekekekekeke!
    I'll take "not seeing the letter's content, but several strips of Jayden reading the letter and being utterly crushed." for 2 cents.

EDIT: It would be the easiest storytelling method afterall.
    Last edited by WarriorTribble; 2007-12-02 at 01:27 PM.

2. - Top - End - #3812
    Ogre in the Playground

The Land Where 99 Men Weep and One Man Laughs

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire

Quote Originally Posted by ryuan View Post
    Or this:

Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Jayden,

Please die.

With love,
    Milov

PS - Can I take have your underwear?
    Or this:

Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Jayden,

Can I have the fursuit back?

With love,
    Milov

"Mech is king."
    Heinz Guderian

Johann Kraus avatar courtesy of Beleth.

3. - Top - End - #3813
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turcano View Post
    Or this:

Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Jayden,

Can I have the fursuit back?

With love,
    Milov
    Or this:

Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Jayden,

You were in the church. This "boat" you're in is actually carrying you across the River Styx. Whatever you do, don't look at the river.

Hugs and Kisses,
    Milov
    a secret to everybody.

4. - Top - End - #3814
    Firbolg in the Playground

Or this:

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

5. - Top - End - #3815
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Or this:

Spoiler
    Show
    You won the internet !

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

6. - Top - End - #3816
    Ettin in the Playground

Or this:

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #3817
    Orc in the Playground

The only thing this comic was missing was Milov yelling "KA-ME-HA-ME-HAAAAA!" for several panels as he charged up his super Moon Beam Cannon.

8. - Top - End - #3818
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Monnock View Post
    The only thing this comic was missing was Milov yelling "KA-ME-HA-ME-HAAAAA!" for several panels as he charged up his super Moon Beam Cannon.
    Or a hadoken.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

9. - Top - End - #3819
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

What a waste of a perfectly good building. Could have changed it into a school, perhaps some housing, or hell even a place to practice devil worship, but instead all they get is rubble.

10. - Top - End - #3820

Quote Originally Posted by Twin2 View Post
    What a waste of a perfectly good building. Could have changed it into a school, perhaps some housing, or hell even a place to practice devil worship, but instead all they get is rubble.
    Actually, it's Callanian rubble, to be precise. The Spellwolves will now be forced to ship the tainted bricks away from their island and back to Callan.
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

11. - Top - End - #3821
    Orc in the Playground

Actually, it's Callanian rubble, to be precise. The Spellwolves will now be forced to ship the tainted bricks away from their island and back to Callan.
    But the bricks themselves have done nothing wrong. There's no need to punish them.

It's a good thing nobody was injured by the massive flying debree. But then again, when a gigantic ice monster is blown apart over a city and there is absolutely no damage done then I suppose a single building being destroyed can't be all that bad.

12. - Top - End - #3822
    Ettin in the Playground

But the bricks themselves have done nothing wrong. There's no need to punish them.
    Neither did the non-cheating Priests. So what?

13. - Top - End - #3823

They failed to give their lives preventing Siegfried from entering holy ground, thereby proving that they do not understand the werewolves' greatest virtue: Loyalty. Heck, they could have even just given up and screamed out everything he wanted to know, so long as they could spin it properly, but no...

14. - Top - End - #3824

What did we do, Mookie?! What did we ever do to you to deserve that second panel?! I mean, besides disparage your writing skills, mock your comic, portray your self-insertion character as a vile overlord, and pervert your artwork into strip slays that mean the exact opposite of what you intended?

15. - Top - End - #3825
    Titan in the Playground

Personally, I'm too busy trying to figure out whether "Work on ourselves before we work on us" is genuinely clever, or utter nonsense, to be paying attention to bad taste in clothes spreading between Mookie's characters like some virus engineered by the military for world domination purposes.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

16. - Top - End - #3826
    Ogre in the Playground

The Land Where 99 Men Weep and One Man Laughs

What did we do, Mookie?! What did we ever do to you to deserve that second panel?! I mean, besides disparage your writing skills, mock your comic, portray your self-insertion character as a vile overlord, and pervert your artwork into strip slays that mean the exact opposite of what you intended?
    Wait a minute. Does this mean that we are but cogs in the Internet Hate Machine?

"Mech is king."
    Heinz Guderian

Johann Kraus avatar courtesy of Beleth.

17. - Top - End - #3827
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by h_v View Post
    Neither did the non-cheating Priests. So what?
    You do realize that the probability of us ever actually seeing these so-called priest again is slim to none, don't you? As far as I can tell there was only one to begin with and I'm pretty sure she stopped existing as soon as the church was blown up. She wasn't killed in the blast, she just simple stopped existing. The one priest that we saw isn't even with them as they leave.

At least the bricks existed beyond the temple. I'm suspecting that the one priest we saw was just some sort of magical creature that was bound to the building. I guess technically that would make her know the werewolve's greatest virtue: Loyalty. Too bad she stopped existing as soon as the temple was destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Turcano View Post
    Wait a minute. Does this mean that we are but cogs in the Internet Hate Machine?
    That's awesome. Best investigative journalism ever.
    Last edited by Monnock; 2007-12-03 at 07:27 AM.

18. - Top - End - #3828
    Ettin in the Playground

Is it weird that I actually forgot to look at the actual dialogue in today's strip because I was checking its strip-slay potential?

19. - Top - End - #3829
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Is it weird that I actually forgot to look at the actual dialogue in today's strip because I was checking its strip-slay potential?
    Not at all. I see a potential "Sigfried's dead" slay in today's.

20. - Top - End - #3830
    Orc in the Playground

You do realize that the probability of us ever actually seeing these so-called priest again is slim to none, don't you? As far as I can tell there was only one to begin with and I'm pretty sure she stopped existing as soon as the church was blown up. She wasn't killed in the blast, she just simple stopped existing. The one priest that we saw isn't even with them as they leave.
    Soup Girl! NOOOOO!
    Not a robot

21. - Top - End - #3831

that was acctually better than i expected from mookie, though my expectations were lowerd by the last 10 or so comics

22. - Top - End - #3832

He actually acknowledged that Milov tried to kill her? Well, not in those words exactly.

Author's Saving Throw, anyone?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Kalirush for the most excellent Avatar.

23. - Top - End - #3833
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Manticorkscrew View Post
    He actually acknowledged that Milov tried to kill her? Well, not in those words exactly. Author's Saving Throw, anyone?
    He failed that check.

24. - Top - End - #3834

Personally, I'm too busy trying to figure out whether "Work on ourselves before we work on us" is genuinely clever, or utter nonsense,
    Both? It says nothing, but is clever enough to hide it decently well?

I know I just cleared the keyboard there, but I somehow like it, I'll use that as a new smiley now. If I do it right it will be just like Milov's line. Clever enough to cover not saying anything.

I have to admit the last comic wasn't that bad. Sure, we had Nimmel virtually assault our eyes, but he does this every time we see him. Apart from that it's just cheesy mookie update, but we've seen worse and it's actually not that bad.

25. - Top - End - #3835
    Titan in the Playground

Okay.

Stupidest. Plot resolution. Ever.

And for mookie, that's saying a lot. I mean come on, why didn't mommy dear cast that mighty spell when the strip first started? It's not like she has anything better to do. Besides, is she that much more powerful a 'caster than Dominus, Girlfriend, and a whole cycle of spellwolves combined?

And what was the point of blowing up the church again? Milov needs an outlet for his aggression, because he'll kill his gf otherwise?

And yep, they need to work on themselves - her on not cheating on him, him on not trying to kill her, but other than that they have such a lovely relationship...

I mean seriously, was there any point to this story? Other than providing some nice Slay material, of course.

Oh, it's not a Kamehameha, because that requires two hands :) How about Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon instead? [/geek]
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

26. - Top - End - #3836
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    And for mookie, that's saying a lot. I mean come on, why didn't mommy dear cast that mighty spell when the strip first started? It's not like she has anything better to do. Besides, is she that much more powerful a 'caster than Dominus, Girlfriend, and a whole cycle of spellwolves combined?
    Of course! She's an Archmage. When they speak, the Universe listens. When they're angry, the Universe trembles in fear. [/geek]

The arc wouldn't have lasted that long if folks actually did what they set out to do in the first place.

Milov: Let's scry to see why Siggy's in Hell.
    Dom: Ah, I see! Look, Milov, he's in Hell because he killed innocent people, even kids, as a birthday present for his Dad!
    Milov: I say, old bean, you're quite correct. How do we stop him from hurting us anymore?
    Dom: Excellent question! My mother knows how to deal with demons; she'll stop him for us!
    Milov: Capital idea! I shall tell Jayden the news, ignore anything this beast has to say and enjoy the rest of my life with Jayden. I love her, you know! Perhaps I shall ask her to marry me.

One week arc.

27. - Top - End - #3837
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Of course! She's an Archmage. When they speak, the Universe listens. When they're angry, the Universe trembles in fear. [/geek]

The arc wouldn't have lasted that long if folks actually did what they set out to do in the first place.

Milov: Let's scry to see why Siggy's in Hell.
    Dom: Ah, I see! Look, Milov, he's in Hell because he killed innocent people, even kids, as a birthday present for his Dad!
    Milov: I say, old bean, you're quite correct. How do we stop him from hurting us anymore?
    Dom: Excellent question! My mother knows how to deal with demons; she'll stop him for us!
    Milov: Capital idea! I shall tell Jayden the news, ignore anything this beast has to say and enjoy the rest of my life with Jayden. I love her, you know! Perhaps I shall ask her to marry me.

One week arc.
    I like your version much better. The biggest reason being that Milov is inexplicably British.

28. - Top - End - #3838
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I like your version much better. The biggest reason being that Milov is inexplicably British.
    Hey, if the other werewolves can be inexplicably pseudo-Russian...

29. - Top - End - #3839
    Titan in the Playground

I demand a picture of Wolf-Milov with monocle and top hat!

Possibly drinking tea and eating crumpets.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

30. - Top - End - #3840
    Ettin in the Playground