New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 84 of 301 FirstFirst ... 3459747576777879808182838485868788899091929394109134184 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 9010
  1. - Top - End - #2491
    Ogre in the Playground

The Land Where 99 Men Weep and One Man Laughs

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Nevrmore View Post
    Why do I feel like Mookie is always giving us an ultimatum?

"You can either have dynamic and interesting panel layouts, or you can have plot advancement. You don't get both. I'm not a God, here, people, who do you think I am, Dominic?"

I mean for Christ's sake, all the pretty panels in the world don't hide the fact that this has been the same strip for the past three says.
    I could be worse. After all, he could give you neither.

"Mech is king."
    Heinz Guderian

Johann Kraus avatar courtesy of Beleth.

2. - Top - End - #2492
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    I wouldn't know that, D&D is not amongst the RPGs I play - I merely figured that, if we are statting out Spark, it would seem fitting for him to possess his signature move.
    Okay, now I understand.

You wouldn't be the first one to point this out - this honour, if I'm remembering correctly (which I probably am not) would go to Tekraen about 70 pages ago.
    It sparked a short discussion how it would be a wise move to stomp Mookie's house with a Timber Wolf.
    That would be fun to watch.

Seems rather fitting, indeed.
    Speaking of Dispater, Serge, his illustrator and head of the now finished Gates of Hell project, stated that Sir Ian McKellen would be best for the role of the Iron Archduke. Especialy due to his portrayal of Richard III. He would also like to see Leviathan voiced by Gary Oldman and Asmodeus played by Jason Isaacs.

See above.
    I'll just say that Improved Familiar allows the arcanist's familiar the feats of a character half the familiar's hit dice.

3. - Top - End - #2493

Quote Originally Posted by Monnock View Post
    ... Why does he have foot-guards? Or a loin-cloth?
    Why do you think that's a loin-cloth? It could just as easibly be a furry cod-piece. You never know.

4. - Top - End - #2494
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by h_v View Post
    Dominic: You may have the advantage, but I have one last technique that will defeat you. I will draw on the bonds that me and my friends share to power the ultimate attack!

*fizzle*

Dominic: Oh, right. They hate me because I'm always manipulating them.

Seigfried: *ka-slice*
    Lord Dominus can forge the bonds anyway. A normal Spirit Bomb relies on love and friendship, true, but Dominic is such a mastermind of puppetry that he can power it with parisitic manipulation and fear (naturally, he'll only use it in dire circumstances, because burnt-out soulless husks aren't as much fun to toy with). He's like Exar Kun, only far more evil.
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

5. - Top - End - #2495
    Titan in the Playground

What... what vile deception is this?

Milov winning the battle, alone? Dominic just a tiny figure in the background, stumbling, freed only by his friend's power, not his own? The great seer, a bit player, saved instead of saviour?

Have we been wrong?

Can Mookie overcome his ego? Can he disconnect from Dominic, put forth a comic not designed to glorify his self-insertion character?

Does he know humility after all?

What about all our mocking, all our spiteful words? Have we wronged him? Have we wronged the Mook without reason in hateful blindness?

...Tune in tomorrow to find out!
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

6. - Top - End - #2496

ElfRangerGuy

Milov winning the battle, alone? Dominic just a tiny figure in the background, stumbling, freed only by his friend's power, not his own? The great seer, a bit player, saved instead of saviour?

Have we been wrong?

Can Mookie overcome his ego? Can he disconnect from Dominic, put forth a comic not designed to glorify his self-insertion character?

What about all our mocking, all our spiteful words? Have we wronged him? Have we wronged the Mook without reason in hateful blindness?

No, he really doesn't. We'll find Dom was in the background because he was lending Milov the spirit power to best Siggy, so he could be redeemed and then rest and reflect in Aberghast Cathedral after this Moon Dance thing.

7. - Top - End - #2497
    Ettin in the Playground

Have we been wrong?

Like I said, its got to be a secret mind switch. And at some point off-panel they'll switch back, so Milov can be properly grateful.

8. - Top - End - #2498
    Titan in the Playground

What I sort of expect is for Siggy to be apparently defeated, Milov turning around to Dominic to express his relief, and then Siggy suddenly appearing much larger and more powerful, proceeding to almost kill Milov... only to suddenly face an even more huge and powerful Dominic, who saves the situation ultimately.

Basically what happened during Dominic's and Karnak's fight back in Erossus, except with an additional step.
    Last edited by Winterwind; 2007-10-26 at 08:32 AM.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

9. - Top - End - #2499

ElfRangerGuy

What I sort of expect is for Siggy to be apparently defeated, Milov turning around to Dominic to express his relief, and then Siggy suddenly appearing much larger and more powerful, proceeding to almost kill Milov... only to suddenly face an even more huge and powerful Dominic, who saves the situation ultimately.

Basically what happened during Dominic's and Karnak's fight back in Erossus, except with an additional step.
    The one nice thing about this fight is that we don't hear the villain monologuing.

10. - Top - End - #2500
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tekraen View Post
    The one nice thing about this fight is that we don't hear the villain monologuing.
    That's true. By now, even the protagonists have switched from "Why are you doing this?!" to "ROAR!".
    Last edited by Winterwind; 2007-10-26 at 09:08 AM.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

11. - Top - End - #2501
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

That's true. By now, even the protagonists have switched from "Why are you doing this?!" to "ROAR!".
    It's so nice when they don't talk. They always ruin it by opening their mouth.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

12. - Top - End - #2502

ElfRangerGuy

I'm sure we'll still get the Deus Ex Machina explination in the end, neatly covering all the plot holes and inconsistencies.

13. - Top - End - #2503
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    It's so nice when they don't talk. They always ruin it by opening their mouth.
    Ruin what?

The comic is in a perpetual state of suck.

14. - Top - End - #2504

So Siggy gets finished off by the power of Milov's friendship with Siggy? I'd laugh, but it actually makes a lot of sense that a friendship with Siggy would be represented in the mindscape with lots of sharp, pointy, lethal objects.
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

15. - Top - End - #2505
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

If you look closely, Milov is killing Siggy with the power of their friendship. Dominic thought that was hilarious, so he didn't want to interfere.

I mean, seriously, it's like, "Remember what a great friend Siegfried was... so I can KILL him!"

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

16. - Top - End - #2506
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

The author sucks at drawing armor. Well, he sucks at drawings almost everything, but he put a little more effort to suck in the armor department. Specially the Milov armor.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

17. - Top - End - #2507

I would like to put forth the scary possibility that if Milov does save the day, then it will be only because he too has become a Mookie Author-insertion persona. I mean, if the arc is, as I suspect, based on Mookie's real life break-up (seeming more likely, as there is no way that Milov and Jayden won't leave as "friends") then Milov would be Mookie, in the right obviously, despite having tried to kill her (let's hope that was just in the comic), and who overcomes everything with the power of his love. Perhaps Dominic will have an Ally in his world conquest.
    "Sanity is not statistical."
    - George Orwell, 1984

18. - Top - End - #2508
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    If you look closely, Milov is killing Siggy with the power of their friendship. Dominic thought that was hilarious, so he didn't want to interfere.

I mean, seriously, it's like, "Remember what a great friend Siegfried was... so I can KILL him!"
    See, I have to agree with this. Lord Dominus (hallowed be his name) would never be overpowered by a mere demon, he's just watching, being amused by the irony of the situation.
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

19. - Top - End - #2509
    Ettin in the Playground

Win.

20. - Top - End - #2510
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

"Self-inserting deeper into fantasy...
    Manipulating the minds of my friends and allies...
    Even if the ire of my fans stands in my way...
    I will continue writing contrived, cliched plots!
    TENGEN TOPPA DOMINIC DEEGAN!
    WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?"
    Last edited by DocFrance; 2007-10-26 at 11:09 AM.

21. - Top - End - #2511
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Milov ... WINS!

... FRIENDSHIP!

... friendship!?

22. - Top - End - #2512
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Milov ... WINS!

... FRIENDSHIP!

... friendship!?
    Oooo, Ooooo, idea! Can't talk now...

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

23. - Top - End - #2513
    Orc in the Playground

Two words.

BAN KAI!!!!!!!!

(Might as well just watch the beginning)

I wonder if his is named Heavenly Chains Slicing the Moon too?

I think the crescent moon on his left arm changed directions to match the other ones in this panel unless I'm judging it wrong.

Also, I also think his armor is coming apart. The metal... I guess cod piece thing on the front of the loincloth fell off, and so did the crescent moons on his shoulder guards.
    Last edited by Monnock; 2007-10-26 at 01:46 PM.

24. - Top - End - #2514
    Bugbear in the Playground

Milov's Islamboots are so dashing. :3

25. - Top - End - #2515
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by DocFrance View Post
    "Self-inserting deeper into fantasy...
    Manipulating the minds of my friends and allies...
    Even if the ire of my fans stands in my way...
    I will continue writing contrived, cliched plots!
    TENGEN TOPPA DOMINIC DEEGAN!
    WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?"
    RIP, bro. Rest in peace.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

26. - Top - End - #2516

Quote Originally Posted by Monnock View Post
    Also, I also think his armor is coming apart. The metal... I guess cod piece thing on the front of the loincloth fell off, and so did the crescent moons on his shoulder guards.
    Not only is he a Mighty Warrior Werewolf, he's also a Mighty Stripper Werewolf. "Fool! Worthless, impotent fool! Was your hubris so great that you honestly believed you could satisfy Jayden? Behold! Gaze upon the standard Jayden was holding you to! Look upon what you had to compete with! Stare in awe at I, Milov, Sexiest Spellwolf Alive! Observe me in all my glory! Look... and despair!"

...I think I need to go do something else. This topic is corrupting my soul.

27. - Top - End - #2517
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    ...I think I need to go do something else. This topic is corrupting my soul.
    Please do. I don't think anyone wants to have a gayfurry wolfdom theme here...

28. - Top - End - #2518

First, what sort of magical items should I give Dominic if any? Second, what do you think about my prestige class choice for Dominic?

29. - Top - End - #2519
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Malagigi View Post
    Second, what do you think about my prestige class choice for Dominic?
    Check this thread for ideas.

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=491801
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

30. - Top - End - #2520
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    OMG! <3 PUN-PUN!

Coolest build EVER.