New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 86 of 301 FirstFirst ... 3661767778798081828384858687888990919293949596111136186 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 9010
  1. - Top - End - #2551
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire

"At least the armor looked cool."

My god, Mookie. Do you still have a brain? What are you sniffing?

As I read that line, I wanted to throw the book across the room, but it's not a book, its a computer, which would be kind of expensive. So I did the next best thing. I cleared "My History". Let us never speak of this again.

2. - Top - End - #2552
    Titan in the Playground

Milov's armor is just borrowed Dominic's Plot Armor. Though I wonder why has it become visible now.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #2553
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Dominic? Gushing? That seems a bit out of character, both from the point of view of Dominic being an author self-insertion, and from the point of view of Dominic's character. (I mean, seriously, he's never reacted like that to anything.)

Eh, he's probably just doing it to be an insensitive prick. You know, because he knows Milov feels rotten about it.

Edit: Oh, yeah, also, you're doing something wrong when you have to point out to your readers that your art is supposed to look cool.
    Last edited by averagejoe; 2007-10-27 at 11:46 AM.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

4. - Top - End - #2554
    Ogre in the Playground

I've seen worse.

Whenever Mookie tries to make someone look cool, they never do. See also, SuperGreg.

5. - Top - End - #2555
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by colonelslime View Post
    Also, apparently Dominic actually saw the floating memories like we did. I know why he's a seer now, he just reads the comic.
    Or maybe he IS the author and actually writing a normal day i.e. a day at "the" office but over-exagerating everything. So far all this was that Michel (aka Milov) beat up Siggy (aka Siggy,duh) for kissing Jane (aka Jayden) Michel's "girlfriend". All that has happened is that Dominc wrote it out as somesort of Uber half drugged up trip half magical event making him, a lowly Janitor in Real Life, the main character and making him know what is going to happen. For he literally put himself into it so he thought of the comic inside that comic . Well that is my theory anyway
    |

Apperently my sig was too long last time... why don't they put a limit on it then?

6. - Top - End - #2556
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ElfLad View Post
    Obviously, he was manipulating himself... down there.
    Was that necessary? There are people here who possess (or are possessed by) a vivid imagination, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Edit: Oh, yeah, also, you're doing something wrong when you have to point out to your readers that your art is supposed to look cool.
    Ah, but that wasn't "Oh, and, by the way, that was supposed to look cool"-style pointing out. That was, rather, "Hey! I'm awesome! Did you see how awesome that was what I just did? Oh yeah, I'm that awesome! Praise me! Praise meeeee!"-style pointing out.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by 16bitperformanc View Post
    Or maybe he IS the author and actually writing a normal day i.e. a day at "the" office but over-exagerating everything. So far all this was that Michel (aka Milov) beat up Siggy (aka Siggy,duh) for kissing Jane (aka Jayden) Michel's "girlfriend". All that has happened is that Dominc wrote it out as somesort of Uber half drugged up trip half magical event making him, a lowly Janitor in Real Life, the main character and making him know what is going to happen. For he literally put himself into it so he thought of the comic inside that comic . Well that is my theory anyway
    You win. 'Nuff said.
    Last edited by Winterwind; 2007-10-27 at 12:25 PM.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

7. - Top - End - #2557
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

So it's an author self-insertion comic about author self-insertion?

And Dominic has gushed, in my recollection, once or twice, in each case at Luna being a massive magical nerd. So, we can all see where this is going, but I dare not speak it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

8. - Top - End - #2558
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    This actually sounds like a pretty brilliant social commentary, a postmodern work filled with insight into human psyche and a fragile soul in desperate search of self-esteem and reflection, while losing itself in dreamworlds and a masquerade, its identity splintering into more and more idolised fictious personae, until the original author is lost. Too bad DD is anything but that.
    Last edited by Winterwind; 2007-10-27 at 12:31 PM.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

9. - Top - End - #2559
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post

And Dominic has gushed, in my recollection, once or twice, in each case at Luna being a massive magical nerd. So, we can all see where this is going, but I dare not speak it.
    .../b/?

Damn yous, text limit!

10. - Top - End - #2560
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

No, they burn what I'm thinking of there for fuel.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #2561
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, wait... did you see it? This past strip was the whole "dark and sad" thing that Mookie talked about.

What, you missed it? Look at it again, second to last panel on the bottom row.

"It was sad"

Bam! That was the point of the whole story arc right there. Man, all those tentacle- and mind-rape panels were totally worth it.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

12. - Top - End - #2562
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Oh god please let it be that some snotty brat stole his false leg while they were fighting Siggy.

Oh god please let that be what happened.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

13. - Top - End - #2563
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Oh god please let it be that some snotty brat stole his false leg while they were fighting Siggy.

Oh god please let that be what happened.
    that would be histerical. What they should've done is put a hat in front of them just before so passers by thought they were street performers or something and when they come back into reality they are rich but blow it on buying Dominic a new leg with lasers and utensils (?)
    |

Apperently my sig was too long last time... why don't they put a limit on it then?

14. - Top - End - #2564

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    Wait, wait... did you see it? This past strip was the whole "dark and sad" thing that Mookie talked about.

What, you missed it? Look at it again, second to last panel on the bottom row.

"It was sad"

Bam! That was the point of the whole story arc right there. Man, all those tentacle- and mind-rape panels were totally worth it.
    Mookie shouldn't just make the characters say what they feel! That makes me angry![/futurama]

15. - Top - End - #2565
    Dwarf in the Playground

i want to know what happened to the Scenary (?) in the middle bottom panels.
    |

16. - Top - End - #2566

Bah, consistent backgrounds are for the weak.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Kalirush for the most excellent Avatar.

17. - Top - End - #2567
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 16bitperformanc View Post
    i want to know what happened to the Scenary (?) in the middle bottom panels.
    In his ecstasy, Lord Dominus emits a glorious nimbus of light that overpowers the scenery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

18. - Top - End - #2568
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by ElfLad View Post
    Mookie shouldn't just make the characters say what they feel! That makes me angry![/futurama]
    Look, what do you want?
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #2569
    Orc in the Playground

I'm just sad now. Not because of the plot, but the fact that, after some remarkably, like, frighteningly cliché Imagery, Mookie still felt the need to have talking heads explain. And, what's more, how do memories that make you sad help you there? Wouldn't thinking of... I dunno... tasty candy have been better? if were going on the whole positive emotion thing being the key.

Whatever.

Edit: Oh, and again, Mookie has totally missed the point of Dynamic Layout. It's something to add to the overal effect of the comic, not something you pull out when you can't be bothered with plot.

The second, alterior motive to this post is of course, MY NEW AVI!

*Unveils*

This has taken far too much of my time. Here's a hint to everyone; when you make something like a mask that is symmetrical? Make it at a normal angle then rotate it. Don't do what I did. It's a lot harder.

Oh, and indeed, it didn't come out as well when shrunk, so here's the original.
    http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...ale/finale.jpg
    Last edited by Myrdhale; 2007-10-27 at 11:48 PM.
    If Ignorance is bliss, I'll take suffering any day.
    -Annonymous

20. - Top - End - #2570
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdhale View Post
    I'm just sad now. Not because of the plot, but the fact that, after some remarkably, like, frighteningly cliché Imagery, Mookie still felt the need to have talking heads explain. And, what's more, how do memories that make you sad help you there? Wouldn't thinking of... I dunno... tasty candy have been better? if were going on the whole positive emotion thing being the key.
    I think here it is mainly anger and sadness. the one with him and siggy being all kind and brotherly is like Milov saying, "You were like my brother and i loved you (not as romance but as brotherly love) and you still went behinde my back to ruin mine and Jayden's life"
    It that one Milov remembers the hapiness they had together. And the others with Milov and Jayden it is the happiness that they had together not just in making love but as friends.

Dear god that sounded gay
    |

21. - Top - End - #2571
    Orc in the Playground

Oh look, Talking heads.
    Dominic's over exereted himself on the mental scape... yeah... Cuz he was really the main one in that fight. Didn't the last time he over used his seer powers he go blind? Rather than this nose bleed Stigmata thing?

Can't even keep his sicknesses straight.

Also, damn, that's a cruel punishment for Siggy eh? Being forced to look like Greg?
    -Annonymous

22. - Top - End - #2572
    Ogre in the Playground

The Land Where 99 Men Weep and One Man Laughs

A Sunday update that isn't a Superfluous Sunday Splash?

Madre Dios! The legends were true!

"Mech is king."
    Heinz Guderian

Johann Kraus avatar courtesy of Beleth.

23. - Top - End - #2573
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turcano View Post
    A Sunday update that isn't a Superfluous Sunday Splash?

Madre Dios! The legends were true!
    And it only took one week of superfluous non-Sunday splashes to accomplish that!
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

24. - Top - End - #2574
    Dwarf in the Playground

You know, is it just me, or does that guy in the third and fourth panels look... not at all like Siegfried? I get it's supposed to be the young Siggy we saw in the stupid War in Hell arc earlier, but even compared to that, his face is all wrong.

I guess it's good that Mookie does his pointless exposition thing after all, 'cause you really can't trust his art to get the point across.

25. - Top - End - #2575
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
    You know, is it just me, or does that guy in the third and fourth panels look... not at all like Siegfried? I get it's supposed to be the young Siggy we saw in the stupid War in Hell arc earlier, but even compared to that, his face is all wrong.

I guess it's good that Mookie does his pointless exposition thing after all, 'cause you really can't trust his art to get the point across.
    Maybe that's why Milov asks "Siggy?" in the fifth panel, with such a confused expression. He is not wondering what Siegfried might be trying to communicate to him now - he just honestly doesn't know who he is looking at!
    That's right, folks - Mookie's very own character do not get his art anymore!
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

26. - Top - End - #2576
    Orc in the Playground

It seems to me that, he's so out of practice drawing Siggy that he just drew Greg with black hair. (see above, though I guess I wasn't that clear about what I meant )

I guess that means he never made character templates.
    Last edited by Myrdhale; 2007-10-28 at 08:20 AM.
    -Annonymous

27. - Top - End - #2577
    Ettin in the Playground

For some reason, I thought it was a dark-haired Gregory.

28. - Top - End - #2578
    Barbarian in the Playground

No....
    NO..............

Mookie could not have just redeemed Siggy, could he?

So they never face Karnak, they never go to hell, they never even have to sacrifice anything to save Siggy, all it took was the power of love?

I have to agree with Oracle_hunter a few posts back. I think the sad part of this strip was Milov saying "it was sad". I mean this was supposed to be a dark and depressing arc, but the way it's going it is most definitely going to have a "and they all returned to Callan, and lived happily ever after" ending.
    "Sanity is not statistical."
    - George Orwell, 1984

29. - Top - End - #2579
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm hoping this is just one more torment Siggy is sending Milov through. This is a vision of the child now growing in Jayden's womb*. That would also explain why the child doesn't look exactly like Siegfried.

*As was aptly stated in a novel I read, conceiving a child takes "once if you're not married, a hundred times if you are." At least, in fiction, anyways, and you just know Mookie's cliched enough to pull something like that.
    Last edited by Mewtarthio; 2007-10-28 at 10:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

30. - Top - End - #2580

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    I'm hoping this is just one more torment Siggy is sending Milov through. This is a vision of the child now growing in Jayden's womb*. That would also explain why the child doesn't look exactly like Siegfried.

*As was aptly stated in a novel I read, conceiving a child takes "once if you're not married, a hundred times if you are." At least, in fiction, anyways, and you just know Mookie's cliched enough to pull something like that.
    It's been at least eight months since the concert, and probably more. Milov would have noticed something before now.