New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default The Twofold Houses 5: Rebuilding

Mithar Keep

The home of the Mithar family is an imposing structure. The black granite walls that surround the main structure stand twenty-five feet tall on four sides, cornered by four towers. They have only one entrance, the adamantium forged gate. Beyond that is an expansive courtyard. A cobblestone road carves the way through the well tended greenery toward the keep.

The keep proper towers over the walls surrounding it. The dark stone structure can be seem for miles around, especially perched as it is near a cliffside overlooking the city of Inside. The structure tapers toward the top, capped by a flat roof. Its four walls are supported by sweeping buttresses. In a regular pattern, menacing gargoyles spot the walls.

Interior

The inside of the Mithar home is modest for a building so grand. While the family's wealth if evident, it's never showy or gaudy. It's orderly and kept strictly tidy at all times, looking only properly lived in for moments at a time.

The first and largest floor is the main hub of activity in the keep. From the large main entrance hall, the kitchen can be found to the right, the living room to the left, and a grand spiral staircase leading upward. Otherwise a small room can be found off the living room, for guests who need to stay a night.

The second floor has two locations of note. One is Cessie's laboratory. Here she practices her magic, safely sealed away for the safety of the other residents of the keep. Attached is a small room where Cessie can store the materials for her work. The other is a recreational room, most frequently used by her children at play. Otherwise there are a number of smaller rooms with no dedicated purpose.

The third floor is where the family sleeps. A large master bedroom occupies much of the back of the tower. Aside from the obvious, the room has an expansive walk in closet. There are two other rooms used by the children. Cora an Bastion share a room, and Jillian takes the last.

The fourth and final floor, aside from the open roof above, houses Cessie's expansive library. Row upon row of books on topics ranging from history to arcana to folklore can be found here. There are quiet alcoves for peaceful reading, as well as a large central table used for study.

The keep also has a large basement, primarily used for storage. It has has some entrances to tunnels beneath the keep, a few of which lead out to some nearby natural caverns.

Exterior

Off the cobble path to the keep, trees, shrubbery, flowers, and greenery of all kind are in abundance. They're all very carefully maintained by skilled gardeners with barely a leaf out of place. There is an abundance of space to move around, paths to stroll down on sunny days, and shady, quiet spots.

Off toward the back of the keep can be found Cessie’s greenhouse, full of plants more specific to her studies. Alongside that is an expansive garden of vegetables and fruits. Only this part of the courtyard seems a touch overgrown.

The two structures that were once the forge and armoury are more like sheds for various tools and other items to be kept out of the weather. Neither have been used for their intended purpose in a long time.

Inhabitants

The Mithars
    The Mithar family, Cessie and her children Cora, Bastion, and Jillian, call the keep home. They are the only true permanent residents of the keep.

Elementals and Constructs
    Cessie has summoned and created a number of elemental beings. They serve two broad purposes. A number of them assist in maintaining the home, performing small cleaning and other tasks. Others, including the gargoyles dotting the tower, are there for security. Garn is a large, adamantium gargoyle of particular note. He’s often found supervising the children, greeting guests, and other tasks.

Staff
    While a lot of small tasks can be handled by Cessie’s elementals, upkeeping such a large home requires some staff. While none of them stay in the keep, they can be found there at different times every day. There most often is the cook who’s often found in the kitchen. Once a day a small team of gardeners come and tend to the courtyard.

Frescot Estate

At the end of a winding road through the countryside, bordering a stretch of forest, can be found the Frescot Estate. The grounds leading up to the house are filled with life, greenery and the sounds of nature everywhere. The house itself peeks through the trees, it’s white stone exterior concealed by leafy vines creeping up the walls. On each floor, the first, second, and attic, have three large windows on the front. A garage door breaks the symmetry off to the left side.

Interior *

The inside of the Frescot estate is cozy and warm feeling. It’s open and airy, with tall ceilings and huge windows to let the sun in. Above all the home feels lived in with clutter and noise. The walls are painted a variety of pleasing colours, and house plants can be found in every corner and climbing up the walls.

The first floor is the main gathering area of the family. A long hall passes the guest bedroom and the study on the right, and the first gathering space, a cozy living room on the left. There’s an entrance to the garage here, where Adir’s truck is usually found, though there’s plenty of work space in here as well. At the end of the hall the house opened up. The kitchen, dining room, and another gathering space are all in one large room. Glass doors lead out to a covered patio in the back.

The second can be found up a staircase from the hallway below. Primarily this is where most of the family sleeps in the house's many bedrooms. There's a play area at the top of the stairs. The master bedroom and the bedroom where the smallest Frescots sleep lie to the left while the rest can be found down the hall to the right.

Following the right hall leads to a storage room with an entrance to the attic. This space isn’t quite as tall as the others, a little more tight below the exposed beams of the roof. The space is only partially finished and acts as less convenient storage.

Exterior

On the right side of the house on the approach is an extensive garden. There are no neat, orderly rows to find here, but the plants grow large and healthy. The grounds around the the house are a place begging to be explored. The greenery has an abundance of small paths to wander along. There are only a few open spaces, including the largest open area directly behind the house. A number of ponds are scattered here and there with a stream connecting them.

Inhabitants

The Frescots
    The abundantly large Frescot family lives here. Including Sakura and Adir, and all their children. Laela, Cern, Gwydion, Russell, Lucy, Laurana, Cassie, Kissa, Malachi, and Finian. Often Sakura’s father, the treant Sarget, can be found near the house.

Archive
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mithar Keep & Frescot House IV: Magic babble lies within
    Mithar Keep III: Girls gone Modest
    Mithar Keep II: Electric Boobaloo
    The Frescot House
    Mithar Keep

This thread is managed by Gulaghar. I will create the new thread when this one reached 50 pages. Please contact me for updates to the OP.

Thinking about roleplaying in the Nexus? Come say hi in our Discord!
    Last edited by Gullara; 2021-04-14 at 11:05 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Twofold Houses 5: Rebuilding

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Sunny Day]

Garn stares at Sakura, considering objecting to this order. But fine, this would be on her though.
    The gargoyle opens the gate for Dena who slips inside. She couldn't help but to see that the dryad had her arms rather full. "Let me carry the horn at least." She offers as she moves up to Sakura. "He... does actually." Dena admits. "I told him during our conversation way back then. I thought he must have told you."
    As that is happening one of the snakes moves closer to Laela and attempts to tickle the inside of her ear with its forked tongue as it lets out a soft hiss.
    ((Reposting this in this thread.))

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sunny Day]

"Sure, thanks." Sakura passes off the horn. "He never told me, no." She purses her lips. No, she's not happy about that. Adir shouldn't be hiding these things from her...

"Eep!" Laela jumps in Sakura's arm and whips her head around to look at the snake. "You again!" She tries to boop it in the nose again.

[Cessie's Lab]

Ambrosia and Cessie glances at another for a moment as Adir asks his question.
    "Adir... while I gladly would answer all your questions, I can't really speak of Sakura or the spirit anymore. They're one now, and neither could really be called distinctive entities at this point. She is still your wife, but she is also the spirit, a unity of them, and if you can't tell that her behavior is any different it is because the spirit was extremely similar to her, so when they were fixed together even further it just muddies the distinction between them even more. This is something that very rarely happens, so even I have difficulty explaining the exact distinction, but I think the key difference is that she will, like the kami, be drawn to fulfill her concepts. However, as she was already did that before, you might not even notice a difference." Ambrosia attempts to explain. "I realize that might be an an unsatisfactory answer, but for all intends and purposes, she is still your wife and she is as much in control over herself as anyone of us." That was the nicest way she could put it at least. Sakura had been extremely lucky though, spirits could often take the charge in these types of unions if they had been fed to such a degree, but it seems her mystery helper had helped her deal with that problem.
    [Cessie's Lab]

Sakura nods a bit. That's what she's been saying all along. She doesn't feel like she's any different than =ever and she's happy. It's been hard for her to be so worried all along for those reasons.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2017-07-29 at 11:06 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

[Cessie's Lab]

Ambrosia and Cessie glances at another for a moment as Adir asks his question.
    "Adir... while I gladly would answer all your questions, I can't really speak of Sakura or the spirit anymore. They're one now, and neither could really be called distinctive entities at this point. She is still your wife, but she is also the spirit, a unity of them, and if you can't tell that her behavior is any different it is because the spirit was extremely similar to her, so when they were fixed together even further it just muddies the distinction between them even more. This is something that very rarely happens, so even I have difficulty explaining the exact distinction, but I think the key difference is that she will, like the kami, be drawn to fulfill her concepts. However, as she was already did that before, you might not even notice a difference." Ambrosia attempts to explain. "I realize that might be an an unsatisfactory answer, but for all intends and purposes, she is still your wife and she is as much in control over herself as anyone of us." That was the nicest way she could put it at least. Sakura had been extremely lucky though, spirits could often take the charge in these types of unions if they had been fed to such a degree, but it seems her mystery helper had helped her deal with that problem.

"Okay..."
    Adir looks down, frowning. This was tough. He'd even had a moment to speak with Sakura, and he knew he'd have to accept this somehow, but... "But you said she has to fulfill her concepts." He's at least referring to Sakura and the Kami as one thing in relation to the 'concepts'. "So that last part about her being in control isn't really true, is it? What could happen if she doesn't? You're already concerned that just the kids might not be enough. What else is there to the concepts?" He looks between Sakura and Ambrosia.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Treasure Hunting]

Reelshka is fairly perplexed by Zillia's judgement of their names, but Tuskfang doesn't care. His tail wags excitedly.

"Magic? What kinda magic?"

His mother watches him with amusement, while Brinika just sits back.
    [Treasure Hunting]

"It's simple! Anyone can do it. Usually I just request that the conceptual entities who dwell in material matter--" Zillia begins, but then stops, and 'hms'. "I ask the world very nicely to do things for me, and usually it obliges!"

Zillia has another 'hm'. Her vivid green eyes dart around. "Would you like to play a joke on Mr. Frescot, my friends? Just a little one." She raises her eyebrows. "Just follow me into the wall, here, and be very quiet."

Zillia's face retreats back into the stoneseam and is gone. Gwydion and Cernunnos trade looks. Play a trick on daddy?

Well, needless to say, Cernunnos starts toward the wall with a few short steps. Gwydion looks a little more hesitant.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #5

[Cessie's Lab]

"You misunderstand Adir, the kami's and Sakura's interests are the same. The way she acts right now is the way the spirit wants her to act since they are the same. There is not outside influence, what Sakura is now is the only actor here. As there is perfect unity between them, she will fulfill her concepts by acting like she has always acted. Which is why she likely will want to take care of more kids at some point in the future. That's not what some outside force is driving her to do, that will simply be what she thinks in a good idea, she's not losing control at all."
    Ambrosia attempts to explain.
    "I know it might be difficult, but the spirit you spoke to back in trog's is no more, and yet she's right there." She gestures at Sakura.
    "If she were not to fulfill her concepts, she'd be lost in despair, but so would the real Sakura. Can you imagine separating her from her own children that she loves to take care of? Since that is the spirits concepts, and that's what she will want to have more of. It's no different from me wanting to learn more about the world, we're all driven by our own passions for things and if someone would stop us, then we would feel unhappy and lost."

[Sunny Day]

"He must have had his reasons for it." Dena remarks. "But where could we speak in private?" She looks around, her gaze lingering a moment at Garn who is following the two closely. He wouldn't let Dena out of his sight.

This time, the snake moves out of the way before Laela can boop it and sticks out its forked tongue at her. It almost seems like it is teasing her.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-07-30 at 05:31 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sunny Day]

Sakura eyeballs Garn for a moment. "Garn, take Laurana and Laela upstairs with the other kids." She holds the baby out to him.

"Mommy! I don't wanna go!" Laela whines almost immediately. She was playing with the snakey lady! "I wanna stay heeeeere!"

7. - Top - End - #7

[Cessie's Lab]

"Okay, okay, I get it,"
    Adir waves a hand. "But an orphanage isn't going to work. I don't think a job at one is even going to work. Me and Sakura can't both have a job to do."

"So I guess we'll just have to... keep... having babies?"
    Adir hesitates to suggest. He looks at Sakura. "If that's what you want. I'm sure it would happen eventually anyway." He tries to smile. Despite all this, and despite his willingness to live with it, he still doesn't understand how someone can want to merge with a thing that had inhabited their body and made them do things. His uncertainty shows on his face.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2017-07-31 at 10:37 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cessie's Lab]

"Adir, I think we're thinking too far ahead here. I mean, we don't even know if there'll be a problem. We have seven kids, eight soon. I'm sure I'll be busy." Sakura argues. It's kinda silly talking about having more kids while she's currently pregnant.

9. - Top - End - #9

[Cessie's Lab]

Cessie frowns, her gaze turning fierce. The stag had done it now. "Are you out of your mind, Adir? More children? That sounds like a more reasonable solution to you?" She is reacting with a bit more fire than Sakura, which seem to surprise Ambroisa.
    "If you cared about your current children as much as you claim, then maybe stop having more of them. Even if you somehow manage to take care of all of them, can you really claim that you can shower each one of them with love when they start to fill an entire room by themselves? It's utterly irresponsible and the very pinnacle of wishful thinking.
    As your friend I'm not going to stand idly by seeing you ruin your own and your children's life by having more of them than fits into a school class. If you think an orphanage is an unrealistic solution then I got news for you, so is having more children."
    At the end, her words seem to be aimed at the both of them, Ambrosia staying deadly quiet as Cessie doesn't seem to be done just yet. She just needed to take a deep breath before she continues her rant.

"I had hoped you would get to your senses eventually, with all this talk about how the spirit could influence your behavior. Yet here you are, already discussing having even more children while Sakura is still pregnant. I just can't believe how blind you are acting right now, and frankly it feels like you are spitting in my face as well. I offered up my home to you when disaster happened, but apparently that was a mistake since I only enabled your utterly irresponsible behavior.
    Not even as much as a thought of what would have happened if you didn't have a huge manor to raise your children in, or the money to take care of all their needs. You just continueed at the same pace as always, almost as if nothing had happened."
    It looks like she is about to continue, but instead she suddenly stops, shakes her head and utters a single word, "Pity." Then she storms out of the room.
    At that last word smoke can be seen coming from a stack of research notes, and Ambrosia quickly gets up from her seat to put out the fire which spontaneously ignited there.

The scholar seems unsure how to go on from here, there is a sense of unease and confusion in her expression. That had been far more than she had expected.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-08-01 at 08:42 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cessie's Lab]

Sakura stands paralyzed for a moment. She... wasn't prepared for that. She never really realized that Cessie felt so strongly. She's not sure Cessie's ever shouted at her like that...

"Cessie, wait!" Sakura runs after her, out of the lab. "Please wait Cessie. Talk to me." She tries to grab Cessie's sleeve if her friend doesn't stop immediately.

11. - Top - End - #11

[Sunny Day]

Garn will gently attempt to accept the children if they're handed to him and handle them with utter care. "Okay." He states with a nod.
    Dena looks between Sakura and Laela. "It's gonna be boring there, just a bunch of grown-up stuff with your mother. But, if you just go nicely we could play later." She eyes Sakura. "If your mother is OK with it, of course."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sunny Day]

Garn can carry laurana, while Laela walks on her own... if she agrees to go. "Hear that, sweetie? You can play a bit more after, okay? Just go with Garn and your sister for now."

Laela pouts. She wants to play now, but... "Okay." She reluctantly agrees. She'll let Garn escort her away now.

13. - Top - End - #13

[Sunny Day]

Once the two are alone, Dena looks for a place to sit down, then she gets straight to the point. "The people looking for C2 believe that your husband would know exactly where he was, or be able to lure him to them at the very least. They're also part of some kind of magocracy that rules C2's homeworld, keeping people enslaved by magic or some ****. C2 rebelled against that and they branded him a criminal for it. Either way, they're *******s and MERC isn't going to take their side, no matter how much money they give us. I hope that they simply gave up once we caught wind of their schemes, but it never hurts to be careful, y'know?"

[Cessie's Lab]

Sakura have to pull Cessie's sleeve for her to stop. She turns around, staring down at Sakura fiercely. "I've said my piece, Sakura. Take that as you will, you're both free to get as upset as you want with me, but I won't refrain from speaking my mind anymore."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-08-03 at 06:06 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

Reelshka's eyes narrow slightly, and her ears dip. She's not sure what Zillia plans, and she'd like to find out.

"Brinika, why don't you keep an eye on the little treasure hunters, while I go ask Zillia something?"

With that, she leaves the room and tries to enter the one she thinks the nymph went to. Meanwhile, Brinika stays behind and looks at the three kids.

"I didn't know you had a magic grandma," she tells Cern and Gwydion as Tuskfang sits down nearby.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sunny Day]

Sakura rubs her arm. "And these people are still out there? What happens if they try to take it into their own hands?" Just because Merc won't do business with them doesn't mean the situation is resolved.

[Cessie's Lab]

"Cessie..." Sakura recoils a bit when Cessie whips aRound. "Why haven't you ever said anything about this before?" Has she just been stewing on it?

16. - Top - End - #16

[Cessie's Lab]

"I'd hope not, considering that they hired us, they probably don't have much influence in the nexus. However, if you are worried I could keep an eye out. I have my connections and if I find out that something is threatening your family, I'll inform you right away. Heck, I'll even stop it if I can. You have my sword on that, ancestors word." She'd pull out her sword from a pocket, but she didn't want to frighten Sakura even further.

[Cessie's Lab]

"Since your children are none of my business, Sakura. Or so I kept telling myself at least." Cessie explains. "But now that I've said it, perhaps I can go back to that stance."

17. - Top - End - #17

[Cessie's Lab]

Adir is so absolutely floored by Cessie's outburst that he can't initially find the energy or the vocabulary to respond. This was a bit of a shock. She's so busy with her rant that he can't get a word in edgewise, either, and he can't imagine mustering up the energy for a shouting match, but...

By the time she's done, the stag does feel angry again. Adir thought he wouldn't be able to find anger again today, but there it was. Mostly when a couple of the more specific things she'd dared to say really bounced around in his head.

They really hurt. Coupled with the inexplicable, total blindside nature of the outburst, without any warning or provocation...

And she'd said it all in front of Sakura, no less.

"You should leave,"
    Adir tells Ambrosia, right before he goes after the girls.

It's not hard to see him coming, his fists clenched at his sides. When he's upon them, he practically brushes past Sakura to shove a finger in Cessie's face. "Who the hell do you think you are?" He roars. "Do you think putting us up in your castle means you get to talk down to us like that and stomp away like a goddamn child?"

"If you weren't Sakura's best friend,"
    the stag seethes. "If anyone else told me I don't care about my babies, they'd be about thirty seconds from swallowing a mouthful of teeth. I don't know where you get off deciding to tear out my guts over an idea, a simple, stupid idea, but you're insane if you think I'm going to choke down your garbage."

"I'm sorry if you don't understand our problems. Really. I'm sorry-- sorry that you've driven away every man who's ever even given you the time of day. But hey, at least you can preach to us about responsibility from the top of the castle your second husband bought you - or did you split it?"
    Adir grimaces, his lip curling up in a snarl, and says something obscene in a tongue Cessie won't understand as he looks her dead in the eye. It transitions smoothly back into simple Common. "At least you came away with everything when he left you. Thank the gods."

"Maybe you just have a problem understanding how I could love seven kids more than you manage to care about three. You should have stopped at none. Would have saved a lot of money on therapy bills."

[Treasure Hunting]

Reelshka enters the adjoining room! And spies another blank wall, and an empty living room. At least until Zillia pokes her head out on this side as well, seeming to comprehend.

"I'm not in the room, silly dear, I'm in the wall. Come! Step inside!"

And meanwhile, Cern and Gwydion stand together and look at one another.

"She's not actually our magic grandma. She's Cessie's magic grandma,"
    Gwydion finally corrects.

"But she's like our grandma. We see her lots more than normal grandma."

"That's because she lives here, dummy."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2017-08-04 at 09:36 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

"I got two grammas. Gramma Ligida an' gramma Weaver. They're a goblin and a wolfen," Tuskfang babbles. He's unaware of his wolfen grandmother's real identity.

Brinika's ears, meanwhile, twitch.

"But if she's Cessie's grandmother, that makes her your... great-grandmother? She doesn't look like one."

Reelshka looks perplexed, but then shrugs and tries to follow Zillia through... into the wall. Earth Queen knows what the nymph has got planned.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Mithar keep's Adimantium Gates

Spoiler: So thing flutters up to the gates
    Show

... and through some mind boggling process of biology, it says in halting English: Does this location have a medical facility? I would appreciate it if I could speak to its physician.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

20. - Top - End - #20

Mithar keep's Adimantium Gates

The gatehouse is currently empty, but the visitor is not unseen. Unseen watchers on the walls have been following him with their gazes ever since the being approached the keep.
    Soon enough he is greeted by a huge black colored gargoyle with blue glowing eyes that is brandishing a broom that appears to have been made for someone his size.
    The gargoyle stops and stares at the visitor for a moment before stating, "No medical facilities here. No physicians." Well, that's informative.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Mithar Keep's Adimantium Gates

The creature is unfazed by the directness of the answer, and replies with: Then I would I would like to offer my services as one. Both as the physician and the maker of the facilities.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

22. - Top - End - #22

[Treasure Hunting]

"I got two grammas. Gramma Ligida an' gramma Weaver. They're a goblin and a wolfen," Tuskfang babbles. He's unaware of his wolfen grandmother's real identity.

Brinika's ears, meanwhile, twitch.

"But if she's Cessie's grandmother, that makes her your... great-grandmother? She doesn't look like one."

Reelshka looks perplexed, but then shrugs and tries to follow Zillia through... into the wall. Earth Queen knows what the nymph has got planned.
    [Treasure Hunting]

Both of the boys plop down near Tuskfang. Gwydion sits close to his friend, while Cernunnos spreads out and props himself up with his small arms.

"What do you mean?"

"What's a grandma look like? Zillia said her hair turned red when she got older."
    Cern looks at Tuskfang. "Does your wolf grandma have red fur?" Sounds cool.

Reelshka, meanwhile, enters a soundless space full of brilliant light and luscious color. Mad opalescent hues shift and shimmer through the air, rippling in waves across formless space.

A few feet ahead, Zillia is leaning against empty air, one elbow propped on nothing, her fist squidged into her cheek. The nymph has her back to Reelshka. She appears to be staring ahead, and sighs gently, maybe a little wistfully. "They're just such cute little darlings. Yours seem to get along with them so well."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

Tuskfang shakes his head.

"Nuh-uh. She's got brown fur. Aunt Renetta has red fur. Grandma Ligida has really white hair."

Brinika, meanwhile, ponders how to explain grandmothers. The boys' only relation on their mother's side is a tree. But surely Adir has parents and siblings?

"A grandma is your mom or dad's mom. A great-gradma is your grandma's mom. Have you met your dad's mom?"

Reelshka has seen a lot in her time, but this is still unusual. She expected to find herself between the rocks of the wall, which would at least be familiar. But she soldiers on.

"Oh, yes, they are. And I'm glad Tuskfang made such good friends." She giggles, a realization cutting through her general confusion. "Gwydion seems a little smitten with Brinika, though."
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-08-06 at 02:42 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post

The creature is unfazed by the directness of the answer, and replies with: Then I would I would like to offer my services as one. Both as the physician and the maker of the facilities.

The gargoyle appears to mulling over this offer for a moment. "I will tell master." He finally declares and scuffles off, the gate remaining closed.
    Eventually, he returns with a human woman in tow. Her eyes widens as she sees the visitor, Garn had described them as "weird", but he described a lot of things that way and this was something else.
    "Master is here now." The gargoyle speaks up as the human doesn't immediately greet her guest.
    "Erm, greetings. I am Cessie Mithar..." She greets, almost as a reflex after the gargoyle stopped talking. She seems unsure how to approach the visitor.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

The gargoyle appears to mulling over this offer for a moment. "I will tell master." He finally declares and scuffles off, the gate remaining closed.
    Eventually, he returns with a human woman in tow. Her eyes widens as she sees the visitor, Garn had described them as "weird", but he described a lot of things that way and this was something else.
    "Master is here now." The gargoyle speaks up as the human doesn't immediately greet her guest.
    "Erm, greetings. I am Cessie Mithar..." She greets, almost as a reflex after the gargoyle stopped talking. She seems unsure how to approach the visitor.
    I am one named Unaabhi. I apologize if my presence has startled you. I am from the planet named Yuggoth, one of your authors dubbed my species "Mi-Go". We are a fungoid race of scientists, eager to find out the ways of the universe. I am one of the most prestigious surgeons on my planet, and have been tasked with finding more about this rip in space-time you have called the Nexus. To this end I have found the solution is to live as you do, in a stupor of everyday life. Thus I wished to find a function here in the Nexus, and was hoping that I could be your personal physician. I will work without pay, I do not require mundane things such as food and water. Do we have an arrangement? explains Unaabhi.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-08-08 at 10:35 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cessie's Lab]

Sakura goes positively bug-eyed once Adir has said his piece. She's absolutely horrified. "Adir, what are you saying." She can hardly believe her ears. It was just one terrible thing after another. What's worse, it's all directed at her dearest friend.

[Sunny Day]

"Well, alright..." Sakura will have to take some small solace in the fact that they weren't the actual targets at the end of the day, but that hardly makes her feel good. "I really do appreciate it. We have enough to worry about these days."

27. - Top - End - #27

[Cessie's Lab]

Cessie first looks stunned at that outburst, it would take her some time to take all those insults, but while her first reaction would be rage, she squelches that in favor of a more strategic approach. If Adir wanted to dig himself a grave, she wasn't going to stop him and she suddenly didn't mind if he was buried heads deep in it.

Her expression becomes a mask of calm, and she just utters a few words in reply. "Are you quite done, Adir?" The sorceress asks, sounding unimpressed. Bottling up that rage burning inside her.

Well, she had never heard of any 'mi-go', nor had she ever heard of any author that mentioned them. However, whatever this being was, they seemed friendly enough despite their utterly alien appearance.

However...

"Nice- nice to meet you Una-bhii."
    She replies, almost certainly mispronouncing their name. "I very much appreciate your offer, but I'm afraid I don't need a physician." His biology must be utterly different from a humans too, how much could he know about human biology? "However, I know of an organization, GloG, who I have heard do need one. But I must ask, er, how much do you know about human biology?"

[Sunny Day]

"Don't mention it m'am. I got MERC's reputation to uphold, and I do feel like I owe you and your husband." Dena claims. "So anything else I could help you with?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-08-09 at 04:54 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28

[Treasure Hunting]

Tuskfang shakes his head.

"Nuh-uh. She's got brown fur. Aunt Renetta has red fur. Grandma Ligida has really white hair."

Brinika, meanwhile, ponders how to explain grandmothers. The boys' only relation on their mother's side is a tree. But surely Adir has parents and siblings?

"A grandma is your mom or dad's mom. A great-gradma is your grandma's mom. Have you met your dad's mom?"

Reelshka has seen a lot in her time, but this is still unusual. She expected to find herself between the rocks of the wall, which would at least be familiar. But she soldiers on.

"Oh, yes, they are. And I'm glad Tuskfang made such good friends." She giggles, a realization cutting through her general confusion. "Gwydion seems a little smitten with Brinika, though."
    [Treasure Hunting]

"Of course! She's really nice."

"She's about the same size as mommy. And with a big belly like mommy always has."

"Is that so? Awh! She ought to take responsibility for smitting him, then,"
    Zillia surmises, nodding her petite chin as she looks at Reelshka. "Was there something you wanted to ask me, poppet?" Oh. She seems to have already perceived Reelshka's intent. Somehow.

[Cessie's Lab]

"Really? That's all you've got to say to me now?" Adir snaps, albeit with a little less fire than before. He simply couldn't stop himself once he got going. He begins to feel a little sick from all that vitriol.

He turns his attention to Sakura. "Are you kidding me? She gets 'Cessie, wait', but I get this look like I just shot somebody?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Unaabhi replies: I am fluent in over forty million biological processes, including, but limited to, human, yithian, squirrel, rabbit, elder thing, gods and goddesses, etc. I thank you for the assistance, I must be off.

The creature then starts to fly to the sky, and beyond the sky. Well it doesn't seem he's burning up in the atmosphere. He's probably fine.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

So, Adir's mother is also small... for a big person, that is. And pregnant all the time. Just like Sakura? That must mean the Frescot kids have a lot of uncles and aunts, either way.

"Oooh. So she's your grandma, too. That's how it works."

"Is she a dryad or a deer?" Tuskfang asks, suddenly.

Meanwhile, that's the first time anyone has called Reelshka "poppet".

"I wanted to ask just what sort of prank you want to play on Adir. We are guests here, after all."