The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Twofold Houses 5: Rebuilding

[Serious Talk]

Ooh right. Sakura should have known better. Now she's gone and stuck her foot in her mouth. "Oh, yeah, well, that doesn't really matter much anyway. It's just important that you love each other one way or another." Sakura says with an encouraging tone.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ogre in the Playground

Disturbances

"If you want to stay and fortify your new fort, go ahead."
    Jezebel tells Cora with a slight nod. "I can bring a tribute of treats up here after we make them." She declares before offering her hands to Bastion and Jillian. "If you two are ready, we can go make pastries then." Surely making pastries wasn't going to go terribly terribly wrong, right?

3. - Top - End - #663
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Serious Talk]

Cessie raise an eyebrow. "Sakura, if you don't mind me asking. But are you interested in other women? Sexually, I mean. You don't have to reply if you don't want to."

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ogre in the Playground

[Serious Talk]

"Um." Sakura's cheeks get flushed. "Well, kinda? I mean I've always felt that way a lot more with men, but sometimes it kinda strikes me? Not that it really matters that much. I never thought about trying anything with a woman before Adir anyway."

[Disturbances]

Without further comment, Cora storms into the fort. The last thing Jezebel will see of her for now is how she absolutely glared daggers at her. Bastion and Jillian exchange a look. Oh boy. They just kinda stand there in awkward silence, waiting for Jezebel to act.
    Last edited by Gulaghar; 2019-07-14 at 11:55 PM.

5. - Top - End - #665

[Serious Talk]

Cessie folds her hands together again and straightens her back as if to appear more austere. "I see. I never actually caught that even after all this time. I personally don't have interest to other women, other than Jezebel. Maybe that's why."

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground

[Serious Talk]

"Well it's not something I even think about a lot." Sakura shrugs. Then she grins like she just thought of a funny joke. "So you mean if I never ran into Adir I never would've had a chance with you?" She winks playfully.

7. - Top - End - #667

[Serious Talk]

Cessie suppresses a giggle and instead smiles and nods her head. "I'm afraid so. Though I could have always introduced you to Dorotha. Well, if she hadn't already been married of course." She pauses, considering. "Do we know anyone else you could have a chance with?"

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ogre in the Playground

[Serious Talk]

Sakura bursts out laughing. "Oh I'm sure I'd have a chance with lots of women. I'm very sexy, you know." She wipes the corners of her eyes. "I don't think Adir would appreciate this conversation, though."

9. - Top - End - #669

[Serious Talk]

The sorceress laughs as well. "We're just speaking hypothetically, aren't we?" She grins. "I mean, if you could choose any woman to pursue, who would it be?"

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ogre in the Playground

[Serious Talk]

Sakura laughs some more and waves her hand in protest. "Nooo, I can't. I don't think about that stuff." Especially never about a woman at this point. It feels weird! "My imagination is too faithful to Adir."

11. - Top - End - #671

[Not-So-Serious Talk]

Cessie can't help but to laugh at that in turn. "Fine, fine, you're off the hook... for now." She gives Sakura a conspiratory look. "But you still need to tell me what you think of Jezebel. You've met her, right?"

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

[Not-So-Serious Talk]

"What, you mean how hot she is?" Sakura grins. "Padding your ego, huh? Well she's tall. I know you like that." She winks. "She's got nice muscles. She looks strong. I like that." The dryad rubs the back of her neck. "I've had a lot longer to know what I like in men, though." She laughs.

13. - Top - End - #673

[Not-So-Serious Talk]

"I didn't meant that." Cessie protests even as she leans closer. "But do go on."
    Once Sakura finishes listing things the sorceress nods thoughtfully. "Interesting, interesting. So you're saying you like her since she's like a smaller Adir?" She grins. "You weren't kidding when you said your imagination is too faithful."

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ogre in the Playground

[Not-So-Serious Talk]

Sakura waves Cessie's comment away. "I married Adir before he was tall you know." He was always tall to Sakura, of course, but nothing too crazy. "Muscles are nice, what can I say? Besides, she doesn't have his most attractive feature... His sense of humour." Sakura grins.

15. - Top - End - #675

[Not-So-Serious Talk]

"I suppose no one can beat him in that." Cessie muses, then grinning. "Can the kids stand it though? Or perhaps they have all inherited it." She laughs as she imagines to be at least a dozen kids soon making the some kind of goofy jokes.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ogre in the Playground

[Not-So-Serious Talk]

"Oh they love it. They think he's the funniest person in the whole world." Sakura giggles. That may not survive contact with their teen years, but who knows.

17. - Top - End - #677

[Not-So-Serious Talk]

Cessie smiles widely. "I don't think I have ever managed to make the kids laugh intentionally so that's some talent he has there."

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ogre in the Playground

[Not-So-Serious Talk]

"Have you tried silly faces?" Sakura grins, the thought of Cessie making faces is extra funny. "Though maybe they're getting too old for that to work. You could always cheat and tickle them."

19. - Top - End - #679

[Not-So-Serious Talk]

"I'm not really that hands-on with the kids and I doubt some of them would appreciate it." Cessie replies, still smiling with amusement. "Like Cora for instance. You know how difficult she can be to deal with. Sometimes I think she inherited everything from Harnel, so it's like we're of two different worlds."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-07-20 at 07:31 AM.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ogre in the Playground

[Not-So-Serious Talk]

"Oh I know. Sometimes I wonder how she came out of you." Sakura giggles a bit. "But I dunno. How do you think the lessons with Wenomir are helping? It's at least an outlet for her energy, right?"

21. - Top - End - #681

[Not-So-Serious Talk]

"They certainly are an outlet. Though the issue is more her attitude." Cessie nods. "just don't know how well she'd do in Hestopia. They were born in the nexus and for the most part I felt they should be raised here. But they need to be taught how to use eldritch or they will be in danger and there is no place here that can teach them it. So I need to send them to the university eventually. I can't ask a private teacher to come here, the cultural shock would be too much and I also want to give them a chance to meet the rest of their family." The sorceress smile fades. "I'm just afraid that Cora will hate me for making her go there. People would treat her differently due to her heritage and they're not very keen on wild children."

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ogre in the Playground

[Serious Talk]

Sakura frowns and worries at the edge of her lip. "I can imagine..." Hestopia didn't seem like the most... freeing place when Sakura visited there. "Why can't you teach them yourself, though?"

23. - Top - End - #683

[Serious Talk]

Cessie let's out a small sigh. "Since I have two jobs already. My duties in VIGIL and research I'm doing here in the nexus. Not to mention that I don't have the proper tools, books or facilities to properly teach them here in the keep. But... beyond I also want to give them the chance to meet their family. That's important to me, Sakura. I know you don't really have any ancestors beyond Sarget but I have a lot of them and I feel it's important that they get to know their heritage."

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

Disturbances

Now this was certainly being caught between a rock and a hard place. It seems Cora had mostly planned on upsetting her sister rather than just wanting the fort. Jezebel would know, after all she'd done similar things in her own childhood and had them done to her too. "Garn? Do you mind taking Jillian and Bastion down? We'll be there shortly." She promises after a moment of consideration. Whether Garn goes or not, she'll sit down with her back against the fort, rubbing her chin in appraising thought before finally speaking up. "Wenomir is teaching you how to use a sword, isn't he?" She asks.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2019-07-23 at 08:58 AM.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ogre in the Playground

[Serious Talk]

"Oh, well, yeah. I guess that's important." Sakura frowns. Unfortunately she doesn't have any solutions for Cessie... "But that's still a ways off, right? Cora's got plenty of growing up to do between now and then."

[Disturbances]

Jezebel will hear some muffled thumping inside the fort, and one of its walls shakes dangerously. When Jezebel speaks it stops and there's silence for a moment. "Yeah..." Uncertainty mixes with the anger in her voice.

26. - Top - End - #686

[Serious Talk]

"Yes, I just hope that I can make her grow up more until then. She needs to learn that she won't always be able to do whatever she wants, that's not how the world works." She let's out a small sigh. "Got any tips for me, super-mom? Laela is pretty much the same way, isn't she?"

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ogre in the Playground

[Serious Talk]

Sakura smiles a little at that title. "Well, kind of. She's got the same energy, but she's not so... willful." Sakura bites her lip. 'Super-mom' or not, she's no more experienced than Cessie when it comes to these things. "I think you just need to be very encouraging when she wants constructive things, and maybe it'll be easier to handle when you have to rein her in."

28. - Top - End - #688

[Serious Talk]

Cessie nods thoughtfully, though whatever she's thinking about doesn't seem to cheer her up. All the mirth seem to drain from her features. "Yeah, physical activity is always positive in some sense. However, no offence to Wenomir but he's not the greatest example to live up to. He is the greatest warrior I ever met and wiser than he likes to admit, but he has no formal education at all. All he has ever done in his life is fight and I don't want Cora to follow that path. Sometimes it feels like he came directly from one of those stories Cora and Bastion reads. You know, the ones about heroes slaying monsters? I've lived that life and I don't wish it on anyone else." She shakes her head turns to meet Sakura's gaze, suddenly look more vulnerable than the dryad can remember seeing her for a long time. "The 'gift' she has, have you ever seen a man burn to death up close, Sakura? I must have seen hundreds by now and that's what VIGIL or the military would use her for. As a living weapon, and I refuse to have my little girl turned into that."

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ogre in the Playground

[Serious Talk]

Sakura frowns and her eyes go wide. That took a turn... "Cessie, you can't worry about that. She's a seven year old girl who's enamored with swords and stories. That's all." She reaches over to grab Cessie's hand and give it a reassuring squeeze.

30. - Top - End - #690

[Serious Talk]

Cessie smiles faintly as she quickly wipes away a tear with her arm as Sakura squeezes her hands. "Yes, I know. I'm being silly to worry already. But you know how it is. It feels like they're growing up so fast that you can't help to think of the future. Education, money, work... you don't want them to have to worry about a single thing."