New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Twofold Houses 5: Rebuilding

[Mithar Keep - Unexpected Visit]

"Yes! I can listen!" Cora agrees eagerly. She's willing to do anything to learn to sword fight!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

"Then let us begin." Wenomir bows, with a flourish, then picks up the claymore. "Now, when you fight with a sword, you can't just swing it every which way. First, you need to hold it properly. Try to do it like this."

Wenomir then holds his own blade in a roof guard.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

"Okay." Cora watches Wenomir carefully, with laser like focus. She bites her lip and raises her broomstick. She tries to take the same stance... though her attempt leaves something to be desired. "Like this?"

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

"Not bad, for your first try," Wenomir says, then kneels down near Cora and tries to gently correct her form. "When I started learning proper sword-fighting, I kept holding my sword too high. My master had to drill the proper form into me."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Cora's face screws up in concentration as Wenomir corrects her form. When he leaves her on her own again, she tries very hard to stand exactly as he positioned her. She's ridged as a board and her hands clench on the broomstick. "I can do it right." She says with determination.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

"You can, Cora," Wenomir assures her. "But you need to relax. You'll get tired quickly and can't move easily if you're tense like that."

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

"But I need to hold it up." Cora says, not understanding. The broomstick starts to drift downward as well, and then Cora notices and over adjusts.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

"You do, and I'll train you until you can," Wenomir says. "But you shouldn't force it. Now, why do you think someone would hold a sword like that?"

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

"Um." Cora thinks as the broomstick slips lower. "To swing it at someone?" She answers hopefully. She's holding it overhead so she can swing it down, right?

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

"Of course," Wenomir says, nodding. "But also to protect your head. Like this. If someone wants to thwack you on the head..." He reaches out very slowly towards Cora's forehead, giving her plenty of time to ward his hand off with her broom.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Cora hefts the broomhandle up again and moves it in the way of his hand. She probably overdoes the motion, though. "Oh! So if they swing first I block?"

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir nods.

"That's right. Then you can swing back. But you can't just keep attacking yourself."

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

"But if I attack I can just beat them, right?" To make her point, Cora swings the broomstick forward and, unable to stops it, the broomstick slams into the ground.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir swiftly catches the broom and returns it to Cora.

"Not quite. If you attack and they block, they'll try to attack you back. And if you're not ready to block when they do, you'll get hit. A sword girl has to be careful and patient."

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh." Cora thinks about it for a second.; "Okay, I can be careful and patient." She declares, as if that wouldn't crack up every adult who's ever had to manage her. She lifts the broomstick up again, trying to get back to the previous pose. Trying.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

Sakura arrives at the keep, miraculously with no children in tow. She makes her way through the building, no doubt pausing a few times along the way if she encounters any of the children or Garn, but soon enough she ends up at Cessie's lab. She knocks. "Hey Cessie, I'm here."

17. - Top - End - #287
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

"One minute." She can hear Cessie's voice from the other side.
    Then after a short amount of time, the door opens, seemingly on its own accord.
    Inside, she will find the sorceress, right now taking off a pair of black metal gloves, only to replace them with her usual pair.

Besides her stands a figure of magma which resemble the mage that bows as Sakura enters the room.
    Then Cessie herself turns to the dryad, giving her a curt nod of respect and smiles warmly, breaking her otherwise so regal disposition. "Sakura, its so nice to meet you again."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-02-14 at 04:09 AM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

Sakura grins and makes to hug her friend. "Hey Cessie." It hasn't been that long since they were seeing each other every day, but the change is noticeable! "Are you enjoying your peace and quiet?" Sakura jokes. Though she knows that even with just three kids in the house it can't be that peaceful.

19. - Top - End - #289

[Mithar Keep]

Cessie gently hugs Sakura, not really squeezing her as hard as the dryad probably is. Not that it was a sign of disrespect, Cessie just preferred a very gentle touch, especially when it came to physical contact.
    "Its more quiet, that's for sure. The kids have some much to entertain themselves with now. Bastion is reading so much, Jillian have her dolls, and Cora is studying with Wenomir, as you know. How is Laela faring with miss Xifhara?" Not exactly the first choice of teacher in her opinion, but she admittedly didn't know much about the MERC lieutenant beside the fact she was fairly dangerous due to her very nature. Could they really let her so close to the kids?

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

Sakura shrugs. "Oh nothing yet. We've just been so busy with the move and settling that we haven't had her come by yet." Having to pick up your whole life and move is tough enough without trying to juggle other things too. "That's been going good, though. The new house is so nice. You have to visit soon."

21. - Top - End - #291

[Mithar Keep]

"I've been delaying it until you got set up. It's polite to just show up when its only half finished." Cessie explains with a smile. "How are the kids handling it though? Must take some adjustment. Especially for Laela, she's a bit older after all." Though probably not old enough to have trouble adjusting. "Or is she eager to show it off to Cora and Bastion?"

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

"Oh they're fine. It's a whole new place to explore, you know. Laela's main issue is not having unlimited access to her friends. Cern and Gwydion too, but they play off each other so well that it's not as big a deal." Not that Laela can't play with her siblings, but it's not quite the same. "I think they'd love it if you came over with the kids soon. It's really too bad we don't have the same easy way to visit we had before..." That portal made things so easy. Especially for the kids.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2018-02-14 at 02:28 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293

[Mithar Keep]

"I'm sure there is a way to set up a new portal. I could do a bit of research and find out some options. But we'll be over before then of course. I'm really excited to see it all, it sounds like you had to do some work on it. A fixer-upper, if you will." Or whatever this empress of Adir's had given them.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

"I don't know about that. I mean, it's so fancy. Kinda like here." That's the best example Sakura can think of. She knows well enough that it's the kind of place wealthy people like Cessie would live. "The yard though. There's basically nothing in it! And it's huge! I'm going to be busy all summer working on it, I can already tell."

25. - Top - End - #295

[Mithar Keep]

"Well, so many kids will need plenty of space. The keep is really too large for my three, but all of yours will really enjoy such a big yard. Imagine setting up a little playground out there, the children would love it once they get a bit older. Might cost you a bit, but you have some income now, don't you?" The sorceress remarks.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

"Yeah, a lot more than we ever had before. Adir says we can't go too crazy, but we're not afraid of things costing too much." Sakura explains. She mostly leaves the money business to Adir, but it's good to know that they're very comfortable. "I love the playground idea, though. I'll have to tell Adir that one."

27. - Top - End - #297

[Mithar Keep]

Cessie nods in agreement. "Best to take it easy with the spending the first months." Sakura really had to start to learn handling money though. She couldn't have others take care of her financially for the rest of her life. "If you have some trees there, you could incorporate them in the playground. We had this great hollowed out tree at my summer home that we sometimes played in."

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

"Yeah, definitely. We wouldn't have enough room around the trees if we didn't do that." Sakura agrees. Ooh this sounds like so much fun.

However, Sakura did come here for a reason. She better get around to that... "So um, I had something I wanted to talk about." She begins, suddenly looking more uncertain. "Adir and I had a fight. We managed to work it out, but it was about the whole... spirit situation again."

29. - Top - End - #299

[Mithar Keep]

The sorceress blinks. A fight? "Please explain, Sakura." She asks softly, but firmly. She didn't want to assume anything about such a explosive issue.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

"Well..." Sakura rubs her arm. "Okay, basically Adir is still worried about the whole... well the stuff Ambrosia said about spirits influencing other people. And... I don't really have a way to reassure him."