New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Twofold Houses 5: Rebuilding

[Serious Talk]

"Aw Cessie." Sakura puts her arms around her friend and gives her a tight hug. "I understand. But you're doing a great job and you're gonna keep doing a great job. I know it."

2. - Top - End - #692
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Serious Talk]

The sorceress returns the hug. "Mm, yeah. I know that with you and your family around there is ultimately no reason to worry. We take care of one another."

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

[Serious Talk]

Sakura leans back and gives Cessie a wide smile. "That's right." She lifts a hand to wipe a stray tear from Cessie's cheek. "So, do you need to go home soon, or should we sit outside for a bit and see what the kids are up to out there?"

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ogre in the Playground

Disturbances

"Thought so. You can see it in your arms."
    Jezebel comments after the moment of anger passes from Cora. "He likes to make fun of my own sword. Says it's not a proper blade just because it's all spiky and almost as long as I am tall. That's not a sword, this is a sword!" She says, doing her best to mime Wenomir's voice. It's a bad impression, but not that bad. But maybe it is just bad enough to make the angry young lady laugh.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

[Disturbances]

Unfortunately Jezebel doesn't get the laughter she wants. Instead she gets a moment of silence followed by, "He's right. Swords aren't spikey." She replies petulantly.

6. - Top - End - #696

[Serious Talk]

"I'm in no hurry home." Cessie remarks, now smiling. "Jezebel won't wake up for a while and Garn is watching the kids.Cora was intending to build a pillow fort which she forbade me to mention to your kids. Apparently she is going to do a grand reveal." A beat. "And then she's going to have to tear it down."

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ogre in the Playground

[Serious Talk]

Sakura grins. "I bet they're having a lot of fun with that." And surely it hasn't went sideways. "I'll bring the kids over later today and they can play in that. I can try to coax them into helping with the cleanup, too."

8. - Top - End - #698

[Serious Talk]

"I'd love that. But first we'd have to convince Cora to tear it all down. She seems to have no calms about tearing down her brothers castles, but its different when it comes to her own." Cessie smiles mysteriously. "Don't tell her, but I was headstrong too when I was about her age. I made my mind up about things and refused to let anyone dissuade me from it."

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ogre in the Playground

[Serious Talk]

Sakura laughs. She can just imagine a little Cessie as headstrong as her daughter. "I guess she's more like you than you might think sometimes."

10. - Top - End - #700

[Serious Talk]

Cessie laughs in return. "I was the one to observe it you know. It's no surprise though. My entire family is filled with headstrong women, and men for that matter. Dangerously so, some would say. Which is exactly why I fear her teenage years. If she's anything like my sister Isolde... well, you might to help out. You're her favorite auntie, right?"

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Disturbances]

Unfortunately Jezebel doesn't get the laughter she wants. Instead she gets a moment of silence followed by, "He's right. Swords aren't spikey." She replies petulantly.

Disturbances

Jezebel gives a defeated(and slightly exaggerated) groan, reaching up to rub her face when confronted with an obviously wrong opinion. "Noooooo! Not you too! And here I thought young rapscallions like yourself liked spiky things!" Maybe she'll just have to mention it again whenever Cora reaches her rebellious teenager years.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ogre in the Playground

[Serious Talk]

Sakura laughs. "Absolutely." She winks. "I'll be just as in the dark as you when they get to be that age, though. But that's what we got each other for."

[Disturbances]

"Spikes are just a way to hurt yourself." Cora says, sounding annoyed. It seems Jezebel is wrong about many things.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ogre in the Playground

Disturbances

"You're right! That's the point of spiky things. The trick is making sure you're not the one poking yourself with it." Jezebel points out. Well, this had been a complete disaster. She gives a sigh and rests the back of her head on the fort. Still, there was one last thing she could potentially talk about at least. "I have a bunch of siblings too, you know. It always seems like the others get more attention, don't they?" She asks.

14. - Top - End - #704

[Serious Talk]

"And that husband of yours, hopefully. Jezebel got kids on her own but I'm not sure how experienced she will be dealing with these things." Cessie remarks with a sly smile. "Honestly, she seems to have the same approach as me to these things. Pregnancy only seem to make her uncomfortable."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-08-11 at 11:04 AM.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Ogre in the Playground

[Serious Talk]

"You did it twice. It can't have been that bad." Sakura points out. She doesn't understand! "Have your kids spent much time with Jezebel's though? You should make sure to do that more. They're gonna be like siblings, right? All of you gotta get along. It's not just you and Jezebel after all."

[Disturbances]

"Jillian gets everything she wants, because she's the baby." Cora says balefully.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ogre in the Playground

Disturbances

Now would be an awful time for Jezebel to admit that she was the youngest too. That much is obvious. Instead, she gives a nod before remembering that she isn't able to be seen. "And at the same time you're held to a higher standard and get in trouble all the time, right?" She offers. "I got in trouble a lot as a kid too. A lot of trouble." Hopefully Cora wouldn't turn into a cultist though. "But how about we make a deal? I'll get you something only you will have because you're the older sister the next time I visit. And I promise there won't be any spikes on it."

17. - Top - End - #707

[Serious Talk]

Cessie nods. "I know, I know. They've met and played a couple of times, but not to the extend that I really want. I'm planning to invite them all to the keep once Jezebel gets better. Then they could meet your kids too. Better not all at once though, I imagine they would be overwhelmed." Cessie giggles. "They're just used to three at the time after all."

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

[Serious Talk]

"I don't see why not. The more the merrier." Sakura replies, perfectly encapsulating the differences in their approaches to child rearing. "But definitely do that as much as possible. I want everything to smoothly between all of you."

[Disturbances]

"Mommy gets mad at me all the time." Cora agrees. It's so unfair. A moment after Jezebel's promise Cora pokes her head out the door. She narrows her eyes. "What kinda something?" She asks, a shrewd negotiator.

19. - Top - End - #709

[Serious Talk]

"I want nothing more than that. Jezebel's children have had unusual childhoods but I don't think they'll have any difficulty interacting. Just need to give them a lot of chances to, that's all. In fact, why don't we arrange a little playdate with your and my kids once they hers come over to the keep next time? I'm sure Jezebel will like that idea." Cessie suggests.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ogre in the Playground

[Serious Talk]

"Sure! That sounds like a lot of fun." Sakura says with a big grin. "I'm sure they'll all be great friends." Of course, Cessie and Jezebel need to get to know their respective children better too, but one thing at a time.

21. - Top - End - #711

[Serious Talk]

"Good, Ill talk to her as soon as possible then. So glad that we talked all this out." Cessie grins back. "I suspect the young ones might be missing their mother at this point though."

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ogre in the Playground

[Serious Talk]

"Oh yeah, I should probably let you go so I can do my rounds." Sakura stands and offers her arm to Cessie. "I'll walk you out to the portal."

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

Disturbances

"A leather jacket. Fire and cut proof." Jezebel declares after making a show of being thoughtful for a brief moment. This would mean she'd have to get something for Bastion and Jillian too, but it'd have to be something different for each one. "A good one too. Not one of those fake ones."

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ogre in the Playground

[Disturbances]

Cora deliberates that and then steps fully out of the fort. "When can I have it?"

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ogre in the Playground

Disturbances

Jezebel ponders for a bit as she stands back up and dusts herself off. "The next time I visit. Probably within a week or so. It'll take a few days to get it made, but after that I'll be sure to bring it with me whenever I stop by next. Sound like a good deal?" She asks, offering her hand to Cora to shake on it if so. Maybe she should bring her sword too. Surely there's someone else that would believe it to be a good weapon.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Ogre in the Playground

[Disturbances]

"Okay. Only if you promise." Cora says, grabbing Jezebel's hand and shaking. "I want honey." She adds. She wasn't going to forget the offer of pastries.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Titan in the Playground

[Frescot House - Front]

A rather heavy truck is approaching the abode of the numerous Frescot family. It doesn't look like you'd expect from its owner, a respectable goblin architect and mother of three. The vehicle looks rather too big for her, but that is simply because Reelshka knew she would take larger passengers quite often. The fact that the truck also looks like it could withstand small-arms fire is simply due to who she asked to spruce it up for her. Goblin engineering tends towards the overwrought at the best of times and these particular engineers had worked for the military.

The truck stops near the house and four people exit it two in a stroller that another is pushing. Reelshka is bringing her kids for a visit to friends.
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-08-24 at 06:10 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Halfling in the Playground

[Frescot House]

Well here's a peculiar sight in the Frescot yard. There is a matronly woman in a long red dress trimming one of the children's hair. It seems to be Lucy if any of Reelshka's children have met her, sat upon a stool placed out for just this purpose. The woman is just finishing touching Lucy up, a dusting of petals falling around her well worn hands, but there is a huge scattering of flowers and thin branches around the diminutive girl. There is also a garden pruner lying on the ground nearby.

"Oh, look at this," says Viviana, looking up. Her voice is warm, accented with a slight twist on the the S sounds, and touched with the quaver of age. She bends down and gathers her tools, appraising Reelshka's little family. "Are these your friends, Lucy? They look much too well behaved," Vivi teases.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ogre in the Playground

Disturbances

"Promise." Jezebel says, smiling and shaking Cora's hand. "And honey it is." With the situation diffused, she'll head on down with Cora to the kitchen to meet up with the others. Along the way, she calls Charles. Her manservant would be the one to save the day with his cooking help.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frescot House]

Lucy' waist length mane hardly looks as though it's been trimmed, but that sure is a pile of flowers scattered about. It looks at though the entire Frescot family had been trimmed in this spot. She scoots out of her seat with an energetic hop. "Mmhm!" She turns on the spot and shouts at the house. "CERN! GWYDION! TUSKFANG IS HERE!" She's got some powerful little lungs. Oblivious to the lack of manners in shouting at the top of her lungs, she turns back to the goblin family with a grin. "Hi!"