New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: The Twofold Houses 5: Rebuilding

[Being Bad]

Clack clack! The vicious melee ensues! Laela, for her part, is quite aggressive with her swinging, and might do so a bit hard. Hopefully it doesn't prompt some sort of retaliation. She is smiling though, and breathing hard after a few minutes.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2017-11-01 at 11:31 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

"No, they eat bugs," Brinika clarifies.

"The map says we're getting close," Reelshka says. This causes Tuskfang to turn his attention back to the treasure and bounce excitedly.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

[Being Bad]

Cora matches her blow for blow. The sword slamming together sends shocks into her hand, but she doesn't care. Cora has an idea mid fight and suddenly steps back to let Laela's sword swing by. In the heat of the moment, she takes her next swing right away.

4. - Top - End - #154

[Treasure Hunting]

Gwydion still looks like he doesn't understand what moles are, but his attention is also drawn away. Cernunnos bounces down the hall with Tuskfang, and they arrive at a closed door. If the door is touched, it appears to be faintly warm, and a good deal of light emanates from the crack at the bottom of the closed portal.

Painted on a plaque above them is a picture of a tiny caricature Zillia, wagging her finger and tutting at the viewer. The caption to the plaque reads: "No munchkins allowed! Really!"

An example picture of a munchkin is also provided. It appears to be a crude picture of Cernunnos.

Cern gasps in dismay!

[Being Bad]

"Huh?" Laela blurts in confusion as she sweeps right past Cora. It doesn't do her any favors when she's then thumped soundly in the face by a very well made wooden sword. Laela stumbles, literally stunned, and falls right on her bottom. After a few seconds, a pained wail commences! "Ah-- ow-oowwwwwh!" Her dismay turns to hot tears as she touches the fresh gash on her forehead, and she suddenly sounds a couple of years younger as she accuses, "Cora! You hit me!"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2017-11-05 at 07:15 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

"Whasssit say?"

"No munchkins allowed. That means little boys like you."

"But thass where the map leads!" Tuskfang pouts.

Smiling, Reelshka pushes the door open. After all, she's a respectable mother, and not any kind of munchkin.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

[Being Bad]

Cora goes bug eyed and drops her sword. "I'm sorry I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!" Cora hovers in front of Laela with a look of pure horror on her face. "You're bleeding!" That's so much worse!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    What to think about it is "Nadas doesn't want to talk about that." and hopefully (to him) nothing more. He doesn't want Cessie siding with Ilpholin and setting those gargoyles after him.

"Did I know Sakura and Adir?" he muses. "It sounds as though you are still terribly busy, even with the end of the...demon craze? Was that a whole...thing? Even having just one child around can be exhausting."
    Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Cessie's Lab!]

Riss nodded with a hint of appreciation as she looked over the sketches. "This might end up a little heavier simply due to the amount of material but I think we can make that work for us. Defensively, actually, this is a common thing where layers of material can stand in for a single strong plate. Hell, it's possible to make servicable ablative armor out of paper with enough of it and it's not even too bulky to prevent movement.. Though it's not exactly good for more than a few strikes and it doesn't really do great with joints." she said.

"Speaking of material, that's been a bit up in the air until now. Do you have any preferences of what you'd like to emulate or would you simply prefer alloy and whatever is the most apt for the job in terms of defense? I hear steel dresses are in this year, after all."

((Holy crap I did a thing finally!))
    [Cessie's Lab!]

"What would this alloy consist of exactly? I would like to know a bit more about the materials used if I'm to wear it. I could contribute some adamtine, if you know what it is." Cessie replies as Riss is looking over the sketches.

[A Talk]

"Not that well, admittedly. They mostly keep to themselves as they don't have much time doing anything else than taking care of their little ones." Cessie remarks. "They have a lot of them now, and it can be a full-time job taking care of just one." She had not idea how Sakura did it. She was probably aided by the kami...

8. - Top - End - #158

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Being Bad]

Cora goes bug eyed and drops her sword. "I'm sorry I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!" Cora hovers in front of Laela with a look of pure horror on her face. "You're bleeding!" That's so much worse!

"Hh-huh?"
    Laela blinks, sniffles, and reaches up to touch her head. When it comes away wet, she looks like she might be a little sick. "You have to go an' get me a band-aid!" Obviously she can't do it. That would give away that they snuck away to be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Treasure Hunting]

"Whasssit say?"

"No munchkins allowed. That means little boys like you."

"But thass where the map leads!" Tuskfang pouts.

Smiling, Reelshka pushes the door open. After all, she's a respectable mother, and not any kind of munchkin.
    Reelshka opens the door to find a rather strange area. The walls of the Keep have moved to accommodate Zillia's taking up residence, and the place looks like the interior to a cozy cottage with curvy stone walls rather than a typical bedroom. There is a fireplace spouting sparkly smoke, a smattering of toys and other items of interest to children on the floor, and a table with what looks like a few tiny humanoid figures moving around upon it.

Cern looks like he wants to go inside. He looks meaningfully between Reelshka and the silly sign on the door.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

Reelshka puts her hands on her hips. Does Mrs. Mithar know what her... grandmother, was it? Did to this room? Well, as sceptical as she is, the kids seem to love it. Tuskfang certainly does, staring through the doorway with open mouth. Brinika, older as she is, seems confused.

"Well, boys, it says no munchkins, but I'm a grown-up and I'm accompanying you here," she says. "So it's okay. Follow me." She steps into the room and turns to look at her son and his friends.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [A Talk]

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    "Not that well, admittedly. They mostly keep to themselves as they don't have much time doing anything else than taking care of their little ones." Cessie remarks. "They have a lot of them now, and it can be a full-time job taking care of just one." She had not idea how Sakura did it. She was probably aided by the kami...
    "Ah well. Better they be busy with that than not." Nadas's frown deepens.
    "I'd like to thank you again for your help." he says, in a final sort of way.
    "But I don't want to take up too much of your time. I have other avenues to investigate, and all."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

[Being Bad]

Cora is almost frozen at the sight of the blood dripping down Laela's face. There's so much of it too. But Laela's words give her a laser focus. "Bandaid. I'll get a bandaid!" Cora then sprints back into the house. She runs with abandon toward the bathroom where she knows there are bandaids. But her wild running might draw adult attention...

12. - Top - End - #162

[Being Bad]

Laela gets to her feet unsteadily and toddles a little to one side, hoping that Garn wasn't going to be extra nosy today. She felt hot and sad inside. She was mad at Cora, but didn't want to be. Why had she tried so hard to win?

[Treasure Hunting]

The boys exchange a look, then peer at Tuskfang. Gwydion tries to grab Brinika's hand. "C'mon!"

Together they'll try to charge into the room, goblinfolk in tow. Cernunnos starts picking up toys, old timey things made of wood and what looks like gold. Treasure! Gwydion asks Tuskfang, "Where do you wanna look?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

Brinika lets herself be led by Gwydion, grinning. Tuskfang, meanwhile, looks around and spots the table.

"There's tiny people on it! Maybe thissis a Clue."

He says the last word with great solemnity. His parents have told and read him stories, and finding things always begins with a Clue there.

14. - Top - End - #164

[Treasure Hunting]

A clue! A clue! There does seem to be something up with those tiny people. They appear to be building a tiny fort out of little wooden blocks that glow softly. The fort is tall enough to tower over Reelshka where it is on the table.

"What do you want?"
    One of the fairies squeaks down at Tuskfang! Cernunnos looks up at the fort seriously and sticks out his bottom lip.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

"We're huntin' for treasure!" Tuskfang declares. "A big bad thief stole stuff an' the map says it's here!" He pauses, and adds a very important aside: "You're really small!"

Brinika stifles a giggle at that, while Reelshka just watches.

16. - Top - End - #166

[Treasure Hunting]

The creature sputters and rants, "Well, I never! Children are so rude these days! Pointing out the difficulties of the vertically challenged!" The fairy hefts up a soft plushy ball about the size of a ping pong ball and tosses it down. It probably misses Tuskfang, but it might harmlessly boop off've him. "There isn't any treasure here! And you can't have it! So begone!"

The creature harrumphs, and a number of other fairies appear on the ramparts! They all heft the same little colorful spheres. Oh dear. Gwydion ducks for cover, Cernunnos scurries to find something to throw back!

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

Tuskfang is bopped with a ball and grabs his nose in confusion. He looks like he's about to get fussy, but then Brinika slides in to mediate. She seems to suddenly appear between the boys and the fairies.

"You shouldn't have pointed out that they're small, Tuskfang. Why didn't you say how pretty and shiny they are? I didn't know there were fairies in Mrs. Mithar's house."

18. - Top - End - #168

[Treasure Hunting]

"Aw, such a polite girl," says one female fairy.

"I think she sounds a little patronizing," comments another blandly.

"It is insolence! Deception!" The lead fairy tries to throw a softball at Brinika's nose as well! Boop! The other fairies join in, and she might suddenly be pelted in earnest! Though it really just tickles, especially since they aren't very strong.

"Hey! You can't do that!"
    Says Gwydion! He won't let this stand! He scoops up balls and hurls one back, knocking the lead fairy off his feet with an 'oof' and a shower of sparkles. Oh no! The fight is on! Both Frescot boys start to scoop up the soft spheres and toss them back, knocking out parts of the castle! Cern is giggling all the while.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

Brinika blinks as she's pelted. Oh well. She tried, and this whole situation is too absurd for her to feel bad about it. Tuskfang squeaks with martial zeal (or as much as his tiny, fuzzy frame can muster) and joins the twins in retaliation. Reelshka scoots over to see if they're not actually hurting the fairies.

20. - Top - End - #170

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Ah well. Better they be busy with that than not." Nadas's frown deepens.
    "I'd like to thank you again for your help." he says, in a final sort of way.
    "But I don't want to take up too much of your time. I have other avenues to investigate, and all."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Being Bad]

Cora is almost frozen at the sight of the blood dripping down Laela's face. There's so much of it too. But Laela's words give her a laser focus. "Bandaid. I'll get a bandaid!" Cora then sprints back into the house. She runs with abandon toward the bathroom where she knows there are bandaids. But her wild running might draw adult attention...
    [Being Bad]

Does Garn count as an adult? If so, it has definitely drawn his attention. The gargoyle stares at Cora as she runs and with a flap of his wings he's suddenly there right behind her. "What is happening, lady Cora?" He asks in his monotone voice. Cessie did instruct even her children to have titles...

[A Talk]

"Oh, of course. But if you need any other help, just feel free to ask. I do recommend seeking out Ambrosia to deal with your memory problems. It might very well be some type of spiritual problem I have no clue how to deal with. My talents are more into problems of a eldritch nature I'm afraid."
    She admits as she gets up, and nods respectfully towards Nadas. "It was nice meeting you again though, I do hope you learn how to handle Ilpholin soon."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

[Being Bad]

"Uh uh uh." Cora spins around. Nooo, she doesn't wanna get in trouble... "I need a bandaid."

22. - Top - End - #172

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Treasure Hunting]

Brinika blinks as she's pelted. Oh well. She tried, and this whole situation is too absurd for her to feel bad about it. Tuskfang squeaks with martial zeal (or as much as his tiny, fuzzy frame can muster) and joins the twins in retaliation. Reelshka scoots over to see if they're not actually hurting the fairies.
    An impromptu game of tiny dodgeball ensues! Whether deliberately or inadvertently, the fragile fairy fortress is quickly ruined, brought low by an onslaught of colorful balls. Reelshka will get a look behind the curtain, seeing that the fairies who get knocked over mostly either flutter away, scurry to get more ammo, or return to their posts. The ones 'crushed' by fallen blocks mostly seem to do a lot of complaining.

The balls will zip back and forth for a good little while. When their fort is mostly fallen in on itself, burying squealing fairies beneath the rubble, their commander slumps over the side of the last drunkenly sagging tower. "We..." he huffs, "surrender." They put a lot of effort into this.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

[Treasure Hunting]

Reelshka smiles. As she suspected, the fairies are in on the whole thing. Well, let the boys have their fun.

"We won!" Tuskfang pumps his chubby little fists into the air. "Dozzat mean we can keep lookin' for treasure?"

24. - Top - End - #174
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [A Talk]

"Oh, of course. But if you need any other help, just feel free to ask. I do recommend seeking out Ambrosia to deal with your memory problems. It might very well be some type of spiritual problem I have no clue how to deal with. My talents are more into problems of a eldritch nature I'm afraid."
    She admits as she gets up, and nods respectfully towards Nadas. "It was nice meeting you again though, I do hope you learn how to handle Ilpholin soon."
    "Of course. I certainly will see her; I gather my life may have been fairly unpleasant, but now there's too much I don't know." Nadas gets to his feet and bows.
    "Don't worry about me." The theory of How to handle Ilpholin is obvious. It's putting it into practice that's difficult.
    And he heads for the exit.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #175

[Being Bad]

Garn peers at the little girl. "But you are not wounded, lady Cora. Why do you require band aid?" He asks. "And where is Laela?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-11-27 at 08:03 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

[Being Bad]

"Lady Laela." Cora insists. She's a princess after all. Okay, this could work. "Laela needs a bandaid, Garn."

27. - Top - End - #177

[Being Bad]

"I see. I will inform her mother then." Garn states. "Is there anything else I can help with, Lady Cora?"

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

[Being Bad]

"Garn help me get bandaids!" Cora demands. This is spiralling out of control and she's gotta help Laela!

29. - Top - End - #179

[Being Bad]

"..." Garn just stares at her for a moment, then he moves his hand to gesture at a nearby drawer. "The band aids are there, Lady Cora. Right next to the bandages."

30. - Top - End - #180

[Being Bad]

"Cora?"
    Comes a teeny, wailing voice. Laela is obviously trying to be quiet as she shuffles around the corner, peeking at her friend. She looks as though she's been crying. She probably doesn't even realize how bad it looks - the left half of her face is almost covered in blood! D:

"Cora, I think I need... uhm,"
    Laela's eyes widen and she makes a dismayed sound as she sees Garn. Oh, no! They're found out!

[Treasure Hunting]

One of the fallen fairies drops what looks like a paper tapestry. It flutters to the floor, and if examined appears to carry more pictographic directions to a 'sekrit stash!!!'. Though it appears to indicate that they need to crawl through... the fireplace?

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters