New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: IC [1] For Honor! For Glory! For Grimgorge!

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    O9 5 foots toward the crowd and butchers him some humans. Killing (1d3)[2] People

O6 5 foots towards SK and attacks. (1d20+5)[9] / (2d4+4)[9], I will let you determine if it hits or not.

O0 attacks AE from prone. (1d20+1)[14] / (2d4+4)[11]

O5 attacks (1d3)[1], 1 being the real wolf. (1d20+5)[6] / (2d4+4)[7]. Roll will, if he attacks an illusion (1d20+1)[14]

O2, O8 and O3... Cannot reasonably stand up. They will take the full defense action.

O1 pulls out a long bow and attacks LK. (1d20+4)[15] // (1d10+4)[12] + (1d6)[1] Acid

OP attacks O6. (1d20+8)[22] / (1d6+5)[9] + (3d6)[11]

The orcs on the floor, cover their face and bodies, trying to avoid damage as they roll in the grease. Those orcs who are up, attack the nearest enemies... Save for two. The first is an orc warrior who leaves the wolves and attacks the panicked crowd! Next up is the Orc Leader who once again shoots Lukas!
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Saskia

"I'm going to paint the ground in your blood, orc!" Saskia shouted to the orc standing between her and the half-orc prisoner as she swung her blade down in an overhead chop.

Show
    Attack: (1d20+13)[20]
    Damage: (2d6+11)[18]
    Confirm: Attack: (1d20+13)[17]
    Damage: (2d6+11)[17]
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Lukas

As the sounds of battle rang around Lukas, a few words rang out above. Praise of Almaharra and calls for aid. Lukas could feel their sincerity, and confidence. Is that what you want, my lady? I've never called out praise as I cast spells. I mean, I know I don't cast spells often. Perhaps I should-

An arrow whizzed past Lukas's ear, bringing him back to reality. Right, my lady. We can consider that later. he thought as he knocked back an arrow, and aimed it at the Orc who shot at him.

Spoiler: Attack!
    Show
    Rapid Shot Deadly Aim go!

(d20+10)[30]
    (d8+7)[9]

(d20+10)[15]
    (d8+7)[10]
    Avatar of Lukas Stormlord the Paladin done by the Lovely Ceika!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Koval

For a moment, Koval watched approvingly as the wrongly-accused man took the club from his hand and moved to engage the raiders. He even cracked a smile as the club struck at a particularly vulnerable area, before moving up alongside the unnamed prisoner to deal with the gobblorc on his flank. As the Blade of Ill Omen sped towards pirate flesh, Koval glanced over his shoulder at their new ally.

"You comport yourself well sir! Might I have your name?"

Show
    Koval moves and Power Attacks O9

Attack: (1d20+8)[24]
    Damage: (1d10+7)[9]

Crit Confirm: (1d20+8)[20]
    Crit Damage: (1d10+7)[12]

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hedwig Gotlinde
    Level 5 Cleric (Herald Caller)
    HP: 50/50 | AC: 12 | Attack Bonus: +5 | Status: Prayer, Bless

Having expended all the spells she thought were (at the moment) useful, Hedwig took the time to survey the battlefield, and noted with some slight alarm that one of the orcs had broken away and started attacking the crowd - only for the white-haired half-elf to charge after him.

Ah, good. Everything is taken care of - now to retrieve my equipment.

With a firm grip on her (distressingly short) burlap skirt, Hedwig jumped off the platform, aiming to grab her equipment.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Hedwig will move to L15, then make a standard action to retrieve her gear.

Since Fel was asking about the modifiers on the wolves, here they are now.

Celestial Wolves Attack Mod: +2 (base) +2 (Augment Summoning) +1 (Bless) +1 (Prayer) = 6.
    Damage: 1d6+1 (base) +2 (Augment Summoning) +1 (Prayer) +2 (Smite Evil) = +6
    CMB: +2 (base) +2 (Augment Summoning) = +4

And now they attack!

Wolf 1 Attack (vs O8): (1d20+6)[17] with an additional +2 for flanking and +4 for the orc being prone.
    Damage: (1d6+4)[6] +2 from Smite Evil

If this attack kills O8, Wolf 1 will then attack O1/O2/O5 as decided by this (1d3)[3].

O8 is now dead, so Wolf 1 will next attempt to attack O5.

Wolf 2 Attack (vs O4): (1d20+6)[17] with +4 for being prone.
    Damage: (1d6+4)[5] +2 from Smite Evil

Summon Monster III: 3/5 Rounds
    Prayer: 3/5 Rounds
    Bless: 4.8/5 Minutes
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2017-08-05 at 01:43 AM.
    Everything dissolves into blue.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Natalie

Seeing our archer being "counter-arched" by the Orc Boss, Natalie decides to try and make things a little bit more unfair. For them. Time to keep greasing my orcs ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o)

Spoiler: Actions and Rools
    Show
    Natalie 5 foots into Q11 and greases the Orc Boss' bow, while keeping the illusory wolves missing.
    (1d20+7)[16]
    Last edited by Taya; 2017-08-05 at 08:44 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Kas

Kas takes but a short moment to size up her target, an orc who is still on his feet struggling with some wolves, before charging with a vicious snarl. She brings down her falchion...

Show
    Swift action to study Orc 5
    Charge on Orc 5 (w/ studied combat, power attack, charge, flanking, bless, prayer: +7 atk, +10 dmg)
    Atk: (1d20+15)[30]
    Dmg: (2d4+17)[23]
    Spoiler: In case of crit... Edit: Yes! Thanks for the keen spell :)
    Show
    Atk: (1d20+15)[35]
    Dmg: (2d4+15)[21]

... and with the help of various enchantments cleanly slices the orc in half. She yells out in orcish.

Spoiler: Orc
    Show
    "HEY! *** ***! PICK ON SOMEONE YOUR OWN SIZE!"
    Last edited by BramsesII; 2017-08-05 at 04:33 PM.
    Characters in play:

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

The lead Orc's bow slips from his hand. In a fit of rage he stomps on the bow, breaking it in half. As he looks up, he watches with delight as the half-orc prisoners quickly beat down and slay his soldiers. "Orcs! Hear my call! We hail from Garakah's Tribe. You are clearly without peer. Garakah needs orcs like you, Orcs without fear, if her ambitions are to be realized. Join us! Join us, brother and sister! Take up arms! Fight these humans! They would slaughter you for no justifiable reason! Devils are tools and humans are liars! Join us! Find freedom in the Tribe! Find redemption! Find your purpose. These humans will never truly trust you! They will hate and revile you. Forever. Join us. Join us and claim your destiny!"

The two orcs who are not on their backs, attack the nearest enemies. Those on their backs, curl up trying to defend themselves as best they can.

Spoiler
    Show
    All orcs take Total Defense action +4 AC except for O9 and O3.

O9 attacks KV. (1d20+5)[20] / (2d4+4)[8]

O3 attacks: (1d4)[4] with a 1 being SE and a 2 being Cw2. (1d20+5)[24] / (2d4+4)[10].... Will save, if needed: (1d20+1)[11]
    DMing:

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Koval

Wincing in pain as the orc's blade dodged his parry and bit into his side, Koval batted the blade away and thrusted towards the orc's heart.

"Your leader must have a high opinion of himself, to proselytize atop the bodies of children!"

Show
    Koval 5-foot steps to enable a flank before Power Attacking O9

Attack: (1d20+8)[27]
    Damage: (1d10+7)[14]

Crit Confirm: (1d20+8)[13]
    Damage: (1d10+7)[16]

Spoiler
    Show
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Kas

Kas narrows her eyes at the orc leader. "Oh shut it Chuckles the goatfaced ***! Like you'll treat us any better."

She plucks a small package out of her haversack and chucks it at the orc.

Show
    Swift action to study O1.
    Move action to take tanglefoot bag out of her pack.
    Standard action to throw it at O1 (w/ studied combat, bless, prayer, 2 range increments: +1 atk)
    Attack: (1d20+7)[8]
    Reflex attack:(1d20+5)[8]

It misses and harmlessly goes splat on the ground.
    Last edited by BramsesII; 2017-08-07 at 04:21 AM.
    Characters in play:

11. - Top - End - #41

Flumph

Natalie

Quote Originally Posted by Felhammer View Post
    "Orcs! Hear my call! We hail from Garakah's Tribe. You are clearly without peer. Garakah needs orcs like you, Orcs without fear, if her ambitions are to be realized. Join us! Join us, brother and sister! Take up arms! Fight these humans! They would slaughter you for no justifiable reason! Devils are tools and humans are liars! Join us! Find freedom in the Tribe! Find redemption! Find your purpose. These humans will never truly trust you! They will hate and revile you. Forever. Join us. Join us and claim your destiny!"
    "You believe humans are the only ones who kill for no justifiable reason? You really believe you'll find true freedom in a Tribe that commands you to fight? How can you be free if you'll have no right for a safe life? What about your family? Are you ready to die in a meaningless fight and leave those you love behind? Are you really ready to succumb to a life of fights, with no means of peace of life and death? Are you really free fighting under the order of those who are ready to sacrifice your life for a cause you may or may not truly believe in? Don't fight back, don't join the fight, just run away! Run for your true freedom, run for SURVIVAL!"

Spoiler: Rolls and actions
    Show
    Swift for to keep the Wolves "alive", and all of them are just gonna sit, no attacking, to give the Orcs a chance to run. Besides that, just talks.
    Diplomacy: (1d20+15)[30]
    Last edited by Taya; 2017-08-07 at 10:00 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

Saskia

Saskia grinned when her target hit the ground. Then, eschewing a direct attack on the closest orc, she sped around the creature leaving an opening between her and the orc leader.

Show
    Double move, avoiding O3 just in case he somehow gets an AoO despite taking the Total Defense action.

13. - Top - End - #43

Hedwig Gotlinde

Hoisting the bag containing her equipment over her shoulder, and brandishing her staff, Hedwig joined her voice with Natalie's.

"Look around you! Already several have fallen! It's not too late to surrender,
    to stop fighting! Stop now and you can live!"

Show
    Hedwig will Aid Another on Diplomacy, a check which she auto-succeeds to give Natalie a total of 32.

The wolves continue to attack, as is their wont.

Wolf 1 Attack (vs O8): (1d20+8)[10] (The bonuses from prone and total defense are accounted for.)
    Damage: (1d6+6)[10]

Wolf 2 Attack (vs O4): (1d20+6)[15] (Same here.)
    Damage: (1d6+6)[10]

Summon Monster III: 2/5 Rounds
    Prayer: 2/5 Rounds
    Bless: 4.7/5 Minutes
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2017-08-07 at 02:32 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Lukas

Lukas drew back his bowstring and as about to fire when the other divinely blessed started to speak, offering a chance to run or surrender. While the Orc Leader's offer seemed petty and self-serving, the ladies of Almaharra seemed sincere in their offers. Even a number of the orcs stopped fighting back. Was it right to kill them now, when they weren't fighting back?

Then Lukas hear the sound of one of the remaining scuffles, and turned, seeing one of his fellow prisoners skewer an orc warrior. Behind him, Lukas saw the bodies of the unarmed civilians, what was left of them. His grip tightened on his bow.

No surrender. No running away. They need to pay for what they've done.

Inward, Lukas focused his righteous fury on the one responsible for it all. The Orc in charge who called out humans for slaughter while directing this. Lukas fired his shot.

Spoiler: Smite Evil!
    Show
    Swift Action to declare Smite Evil on the Orc Leader, then attack.

(d20+17)[28]
    (d8+9)[15]

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

The Orc Leader coos with delight... Until his offer is rebuked and many of his men died gruesome ends. His whole demeanor transforms from a confident, collected warrior to that of a raging barbarian. He screams, "NO ONE REFUSES ME!" He rips a bead off his necklace and chucks it at the gallows. An instant later a massive whirlwind of fire explodes, engulfing everyone near by. Over the thunderous ring of the inferno's birth, the party can only hear the chortles of glee emanating from the Orc Leader.

Spoiler
    Show
    If they orcs live, they use the total defense action again.

LK (1d20+4)[10]
    LT (1d20+4)[20]
    HW (1d20+4)[6]
    MK (1d20+4)[15]
    NT (1d20+4)[18]
    SE (1d20+4)[19]
    AE (1d20+4)[10]
    O8 (1d20+4)[22]
    O2 (1d20+4)[22]
    O4 (1d20+4)[9]
    O0 (1d20+4)[16]

Lady Torka cries out in anguish as the flames engulf her. She falls atop the now burning gallows...
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2017-08-09 at 12:05 AM.
    DMing:

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Kas

Kas growls when the flames rush over her, but she manages to avoid being seriously injured. She yells out in orcish with a vile grin.

Show
    "HEY! Giant-jerking, pixie-loving ***! I'm going to tear your arse out through your esophagus! Scoop your *** skull out with your scapula and feed you your own pancreas on a platter made of ribs. Your ribs. Best say your prayers now, ***!

Then, she takes a few steps back to ready herself for a jumping charge over the grease.

Show
    Standard action to demoralize Orc 1. The DC is 10+his HD+his WIS modifier. If I hit the DC he's shaken. ((I don't think there's a column for this in the document, right?))
    Intimidate (w/ inspiration): (1d20+12)[26]+(1d6)[2]
    Move action to O11
    Characters in play:

17. - Top - End - #47

Flumph

Natalie

Natalie is engulfed by the flames for a moment, which scares the hell out of her. But just when she thought she would regain composure...

Quote Originally Posted by BramsesII View Post
    Kas
    Show
    "HEY! Giant-jerking, pixie-loving ***! I'm going to tear your arse out through your esophagus! Scoop your *** skull out with your scapula and feed you your own pancreas on a platter made of ribs. Your ribs. Best say your prayers now, ***!
    She feels demoralized and afraid of the Tiefling.

However, after taking a deep breath, Natalie realises the Orc leader is still a treat even without his bow. She sighs, as she thought she would not have to use more spells for now. But the world seemed to have other plans for her.

Spoiler: Actions and Rolls
    Show
    Swift, the wolves. This time, as most Orcs are probably dead, she "commands" them to circle the Orc Leader. They will be circling him in movement, as also a way to confuse it, attacking in periodicity to make it even more confused, not knowing where to defend.

Standard action, Glitterdust.
    (1d20+8)[13]

After commanding her wolves to circle the Leader, Natalie tries to look for the cleric who summoned the other two wolves. Maybe she would command them to do the same? ... If they are alive?

18. - Top - End - #48

Hedwig Gotlinde

Gritting her teeeth against the onslaught of fire, Hedwig gasped in horror as Lady Tokra fell to the flames.

It was bad enough that the High Priest fell, but we cannot let Lady Tokra die!

Immediately, she focused intently, gathering healing energy in her birthmark...

And then, with a war cry, releasing it in a burst of light, mending the wounds of those around her.

Show
    Hedwig will Channel Energy, healing everyone within 30 feet of her for (3d6)[10] HP.

The wolves attack one last time before they dissipate.

Wolf 1 (vs O1): (1d20+6)[12]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[10]

Wolf 2 (vs O3): (1d20+6)[24]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[6]

Channel Energy: 4/5 per day
    Summon Monster III: 1/5 Rounds
    Prayer: 1/5 Rounds
    Bless: 4.6/5 Minutes

Having taken care of immediate matters, her ears then turned to Kas' tirade against the orc leader.

For once I'm glad I don't understand Orcish.
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2017-08-09 at 09:22 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Koval

The blast of fire forced Koval back a step, his eyes closing to the blistering heat even as it flared away from him. When he opened them again, he could only stare in mute horror at the devastation wrought by the leader of the raiding party, his willingness to sacrifice his own people in a fit of pique. Any sympathy Koval had for the invaders withered in him, and he fixed his gaze firmly on the blinded raider. Something stirred in the back of his mind, and he pulled at it. The memories of battles long past suffused him, the bloodlust of his ancestors lightning in his veins, and when he moved it was with a speed beyond mortal men.

Show
    Koval spends two points of Mental Focus to activate Quickness. He is Hasted for 5 rounds, but the bonus to AC and Reflex Defense are +2 rather than +1. He then moves into a flank on O1, provoking if the goblorc is not Blind.

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Saskia

"My blade hungers for more!" Saskia growled. A feral gleam came into her eyes as she charged the orc leader.

Show
    CHAAAARGE: (1d20+17)[20] (includes bonuses for flanking and charging as well as bless and prayer). Orc Leader dude should have -2 ac and loses whatever dex bonus he may have for being blind (assuming he failed his save).

Damage: (2d6+17)[23]
    Confirm: (1d20+17)[27]
    Damage: (2d6+17)[27]

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Lukas

Lukas wasn't expecting that. He killed his own people, same as ours...

To make things worse, the gallows were on fire. Lukas glanced behind him to see if the girl was safe, only to see to his horror, that she was unconcious. Just managing to avoid tossing his bow aside, Lukas rushes to her, scoops her up, and tries to hop off.

Show
    Any rolls needed?

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Lukas grabs the fallen noble and leaps off the burning gallows with both ease and poise.

Suddenly, fifteen soldiers, each clad in the colors of Starg (black tabards emblazoned with a white moon and an orange stag's head) come chargining in. They are lead by a half-elf you recognize as Commander Enhjornbrecht Rangerson. Each of the soldiers's clothing and faces are stained with both mud and orc blood. The blood is so thick on their swords that you can barely see the metal underneath.

The Commander points his sword at Lukas, "Put. Her. Down."

The soldiers rush around the battlefield, pointing their swords at each of the prisoners-turned-defenders.

A Imperial priest comes rushing up. He coddles the poor girl his his arms as he quietly prays to Sonbahar.

The Commander waltzes his way across the town square looking over what has happened. He carefully steps around the pile of greasy corpses. "Interesting. What compelled you to take up arms and defend the town?"
    DMing:

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Koval

As the soldiers flooded into the square, Koval lowered his sword. Watching the blood ebb from the dying goblorc, he cursed the waste, the loss of what he might have known of Garakah and her plans. All lost, now, as Starg's luminaries continued to prove themselves blunt instruments. His eyes narrowed as the ranger leveled a sword at the man who had been most willing to lay down his life for their accusers, and Koval's grip on his blade did not slacken. Stepping past the soldiers nearby without a glance, he addressed the commander.

"Is a knight not sworn to take up the defense of the helpless? Forces unknown may seek to sully our names, but justice ever prevails."

He gestured towards the fallen noblewoman in the priest's arms.

"The Princess freed us from our bonds before the goblorcs arrived. She claimed our coming had been prophesied. Fate, it seems, enjoys its cruel jests."

Glancing back at the fallen goblorc leader, he gestured at the warrior's neck.

"That one set the gallows ablaze. It was the explosion that rendered the Lady Torka insensate. Something about the creature's neck, I believe."

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Kas

Kas lowers her blade when confronted by the soldiers. She's about to say something rude when Koval speaks up, making her reconsider. Instead, her comment is a simple "what he said."
    Characters in play:

25. - Top - End - #55

Hedwig Gotlinde
    HP: 50/50 | AC: 12 | Attack Bonus: +3 | Status: Bless

As the tiefling killed the orc leader, and the lone human among them leapt down with Lady Torka, Hedwig's heart lightened considerably.

We've done it.

And then Commander Rangerson showed up, at which point things grew considerably more tense once again.

"Interesting. What compelled you to take up arms and defend the town?"

After Koval had given his reply, Hedwig also spoke.

"I am a nun in the service of Almahara. Our creed is to aid those who cannot help themselves, to defend that which is right and good. But even if I were not sworn, I still would have, because one cannot simply stand by and do nothing in a situation like this."

She cleared her throat, a touch embarrassed.

Maybe I was a bit too cheesy at the end there.

Indicating Koval with her head, she continued, "It is as he said. When the attack started, Lady Torka clutched her head, as if in pain. Then, she claimed that she had seen us in her dreams, and asked if we would pledge ourselves to Starg's defense. We answered the call, and she freed us."
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2017-08-10 at 06:38 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Saskia

"Consider yourself refused, jackass!" Saskia spat on the dying orc leader. "**** you and the ship you sailed in on." As the orc leader expired, the tiefling bloodrager lowered her greatsword and wiped the weapon clean upon her foe's clothing; then she stuck the blade down and leaned upon the hilt, breathing somewhat heavily as her rage left her. She watched idly as more troops filed in. "Better late than never, I suppose," she muttered to Koval, flashing him a quick grin. "Betcha they're angry we did their job for them. Outta give us a fat purse of gold for the trouble, but I reckon we'll still be lucky to get out of town alive, what with the way His Holiness treated us," she added with a sneer. Saskia left most of the talking to the others, and settled on fixing the commander with a suggestive smile.

Show
    End rage, fatigued for 8 rounds after. 4 rounds used.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Lukas

Lukas barely had time to feel relief at their having escaped the collapsing gallows before he was surrounded by angry, sword wielding soldiers. But there really wasn't time to assess. Not while Lady Torka still lay limply in his arms, and there was nothing much more he could do about it. "She needs a healer. Or something similar. Please." he stammered out

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

The Commander nods at Koval, "You proved yourselves loyal to the Tiara, that much is sure. I would be willing to grant you a temporary reprieve, until we can confirm with the Princess about the bargain she offered you." The Ranger leans over the corpse of the High Priest, "It is a shame he died. He could have compelled the spirit of the orc to answer a few questions. Such as whether the orcs and the goblorcs were in an alliance or whether their simultaneous attacks were mere coincidence. Like why the orcs were attacking in the first place. Like why they attacked today, of all days."

He stands up and brushes himself off. He walks back to the Priest and the Princess. He gently brushes her hair from her face. "The Princess is fragile. She possesses a deep connection with Sonbahar. That connection gifts her with great power but also..." He glances over at Hedwig as he says, "Comes with its own challenges."

He glares at Saskia. "Restrain the tiefling. It is still manic from the battle." Four armed guard rush over and surround Saskia, with swords drawn.

He orders two men to retrieve the orc's necklace. The Ranger studies it for a moments, rolling it between his fingers, eying the last remaining gem quite closely. He then says, "Insectoid iconography is not normal for Cloudheart. There was an ancient tribe of elves that used similar designs. I believe the nearest ruin is in Dilindor, over in Windshire. Interesting. Most interesting..."

He is interrupted by the Princess who slowly rouses herself from her slumber. She blinks a few times then looks around while still laying down. "What.... Happened...?"

The Commander bows graciously, "You had... An episode."

"Another one?"

Indeed..."

The girl stands up and walks over to Luke. "I could see you. Thank you for rescuing me, sir knight. I officially pardon you from the crime of summoning a terrible devil whose sole goal is to conquer our beloved Queendom and rule as a tyrannical King. Since you caused this mess, sir knight, I order you to rectify your transgression. You must kill the devil." Her tone is one of sheer, unadulterated, childlike matter-of-factness. It stuns everyone in the town square, even Commander Enhjornbrecht Rangerson is taken aback by the girl's straightforwardness.

"I..."

"IT. Is decided, Commander. Sir Lukas will find the devil and slay it. He will be aided by his companions..."

"Except the male Orc. His crimes were unrelated to the devil summoning."

"Very well, except for Pango the Half-Orc.

"One, two, thr... Six companions," Counts Rangerson, "Six companions to slay the devil. If they succeed, the five left who were not pardoned will be officially pardoned. If they fail, then well, they'll be dead. So either way, the miscarriage of justice will be righted. "

"Exactly. Perfectly equitable and right." The Princess then skips around the town square patting every companion and soldier on the back - except Saskia - telling them they did a good job and that their names will be mentioned at court.

Last edited by Felhammer; 2017-09-10 at 01:15 AM.
    DMing:

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Saskia

"I am not manic! I am in a perfectly reasonable state of mind, thank you very much." Saskia's smile slipped to a glare, though she was wise enough not to make any sudden movements with the ring of guards suddenly surrounding her. "Easy boys; I'm not your enemy here, and I don't bite. Well, maybe a little." She showed them her teeth. "What about unnamed orc number whatever over there?" She asked, changing the subject and pointing to the remaining orc belligerent.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Koval

the half-elf knight's face remained impassive as the princess and the captain conducted their little drama, but inside he seethed. It seemed their false imprisonment remained a sword at their necks, doom only lifted so long as they satisfied a child's fantasy of justice. Alas, for the moment it could not be helped. Reaching through the ring of soldiers, he grasped Saskia's shoulder momentarily, his black eyes meeting hers in a look of conciliation. Patience, the gaze said, patience even in the face of these manifold insults. The gaze lasted but a few moments, before he turned back and approached the Ranger.

"Captain, if you will allow me, I may be able to shed more light on that object. All things bear echoes of their past, and something with so dark a purpose must carry an equally dark tale."

Before he received a response, Koval pivoted to the Lady Torka.

"My Lady, that you still consider us guilty has not escaped my notice. I will accompany the warrior of Reinarra, but not to absolve my sins. Rather, I shall hunt down this beast both for the good of Grimgorge and to prove us innocent entire. I ask that you forestall sentence on Pango until we return or are confirmed to have fallen. His accuser is the same as ours, after all."

Show
    If Captain Rangerson lets Koval hold the amulet, he'll spend a minute using his Object Reading on it. The pertinent rules:

At 2nd level, an occultist learns how to read information from items he examines. Examining an item in this way requires him to spend 1 minute handling the item. If the item is a magic item, the occultist learns its properties and command word as if he had successfully examined the item using detect magic and succeeded at a Spellcraft check. This ability does not reveal whether the item is cursed unless the occultist’s class level is equal to or greater than the caster level of the item. If the item has any historical significance, the occultist learns one piece of information about its past (as determined by the GM). Finally, if the item was last used no longer than 1 day ago per the occultist’s class level, the occultist learns one piece of information about the last creature to use the item. This information might be a glimpse of the creature’s appearance, a brief vision of what it saw while using the item, or perhaps its emotional state when it last used the item. The GM determines what information is gained in this way. This functions like the psychometry occult skill unlock (see page 196), but doesn’t require a skill check and can be used at will.

Also, Diplomacy on the Princess: (1d20+8)[14]

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.