New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes' Hearth

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Heroes' Hearth

Welcome to Heroes' Hearth, adventurer!

Just off the outskirts of Inside, a coastal island known as Avalon is the home of a community of brave Dragon Acolytes, bold warriors dedicated to lives of valorous conduct and the celebration of heroic deeds.

The Dragon Acolytes' settlement, known colloquially to those in the area as Heroes' Hearth, because of the jubilant disposition of its inhabitants, is now opening its doors to all heroes and adventurers with a brilliant spirit and a golden heart. Venture forth, brave souls, and engage in jolly co-operation!

Membership Rules

No, really, it's that simple! Any and all heroes and adventurers north-of-center on the alignment spectrum (not that anyone's checking, really...) are welcome to visit Heroes' Hearth and make use of its facilities. In return, all the Dragon Acolytes ask is that any who come seeking charity eventually give it in return. It could be something as simple as cleaning around the Hearth or serving in the mead hall, or something as involved as mentoring junior adventurers, assisting in a brave quest, giving training in the finer arts of swordplay, forging and enchanting weapons, or healing the sick and wounded. To each according to their need, from each according to their ability.

Heroes' Hearth, like the Dragon Acolytes who run it, has no formal organizational structure, no bosses, and no set agenda. Heroes looking for a commander to give out marching orders or a cause to dedicate themselves to are encouraged seek out organizations such as GLoG, HALO, or VIGIL. Heroes' Hearth is just a place for heroes looking for a casual setting to co-operate, recover, and just generally hang out between adventures.

The Dragon Acolytes

The main inhabitants of the island of Avalon, the Dragon Acolytes (so named after their benefactor, the dragon Nyneve), are a loosely organized community dedicated to heroic ideals and charitable deeds. While at heart a collection of warriors, and indeed, most of those who seek out admittance to become Acolytes are those seeking an edge in combat, the Dragon Acolytes include many among their number who don't dedicate themselves to fighting directly, but instead supporting or celebrating others - many smiths, clerics, bards, and other such folk find meaning under the shelter of a dragon's wings. The Dragon Acolytes have no formal hierarchy, though most accept the leadership of the most senior of the Acolyte's warriors, who have been allowed to make the pilgrimage to the top of Nyneve's peak and, so it's rumored, received her blessing directly.

((Anyone is free to create NPC Dragon Acolytes to help around Heroes' Hearth as needed. PCs are welcome to join as well, if they so choose.))

Locations
    Spoiler
    Show

[The Bonfire]

The centerpiece of Heroes' Hearth, this large pyre of eternal dragonflame tended by a mysterious maiden generates a strangely soothing and rejuvenating aura, sure to reinvigorate weary and crestfallen heroes before their next quest. The second purpose of the bonfire is to serve as a beacon for visitors, both new and returning. Members of Heroes' Hearth are given a bone charm that, in moments of rest and quiet contemplation of homeward thoughts, may bring them back here for further rest and recovery.*

*Please be respectful of others and try not to use the power of the Bonfire to let your PC escape dangers they otherwise would not have, unless discussed and given approval by all else involved. Thanks.

Those who are undead may, for some reason, find the rejuvenating aura of the bonfire to be more soothing and effective on them than on their living companions.

"If you require rest, now is the time. That is, after all, what the bonfire is for."

[Warrior's Rest]

A hero should always be a wanderer by choice, not by necessity. This great hall, just next to the great Bonfire, provides succor for any hero in need of a meal, a bath, and a place to lay their heads. At the forefront of the hall, directly facing the bonfire is a large area filled with benches and tables, at which are served plentiful amounts of stew and warm crusty bread and other such hot delicious things. To the flank of the hall, a doorway leads to a large bathhouse with both large public baths and smaller rooms with private ones, and nearby another hushed and darkened warm room is laid out with rows of sleeping pallets for a restful slumber.

Finally, if any clerics or other medics are in attendance, another area provides a good place to get wounds tended and injuries mended. It's hard to smite evil with a broken smiting arm, after all.

[Monument Garden]

This sprawling, beautiful garden is so named for the multitude of shrines to countless named and nameless gods, idols, and heroes - relics of generations of Dragon Acolytes who brought their worship with them to Avalon, prayed, sacrificed, and left offerings in their own disparate and diverse ways. Given the nature of the Dragon Acolytes, most of the shrines here, left scattered across the garden like pebbles cast across a sandy shore, tend to be to gods and goddesses of war, protection, valor, and other such thematic domains. However, there's a chance you could find pretty much anything here, and if you don't, there's nothing stopping you from setting up a shrine of your own, tucked in among the sweeping waves of trees and flowers.

[Hall of Victors]

What use is heroism without celebration? This mead hall is meant for just that. The high vaulted walls are perfect for mounting trophies of any kind, and the Dragon Acolytes are all too happy to host a bash for any enthralling victor returning with proof of a monster slain or an evil vanquished, to make sure that any time You Defeated, You Partied and You Had A Terrible Hangover afterwards as well. If people are just looking for a quick drink, there's plenty of booze here for that as well, but for some reason the mead here just doesn't taste as good without thrill of hard-earned victory behind every chug. Maybe try Trog's Tavern instead?

Current Trophies:
    • (There doesn't seem to be anything here yet. Try checking again later?)

"To your valour, my sword, and our victory together. Long may the Sun shine!"

[The Proving Grounds]

Muscles don't work themselves out, and trying out new things in the field is typically a good recipe for both severe injury and humiliating defeat. The Proving Grounds are where the Dragon Acolytes hone their skills for their next big adventure, whether that be by sparring each other in the ring, drilling under the watchful eye of a trained master, or just using the space to keep their bodies fit and their reflexes sharp.

[The Forge]

Located near Warrior's Rest, this large complex of smithies and armorers would be a good place to find the gear you need for your next adventure. With the resident community of smiths among the Dragon Acolytes, it'd be easy to find or commission any kind of common gear here, notable mostly for the quality of steel forged in magical dragonfire, but anyone hoping for a set of perfectly fitting masterwork armor, or that +5 Magic Sword of Supercoolawesomeness better hope there's a skilled PC smith in residence, or they might need to chance their luck in the chaotic marketplaces of Inside, Skyside, or Mallside.

[Village of Avalon]

A sprawling settlement of huts, cottages, and halls that's inhabited by the Dragon Acolytes. Ever dedicated to adventuring, the occupancy of these dwellings is often rotating, as Dragon Acolytes leave to embark on quests or wander the land and such, taking their possessions with them. Any adventurer or wandering hero who needs a roof and four walls to rest their head and keep their possessions in for a period longer than a couple of nights is very welcome to take residence here, as long as they don't mind having a bunch of rowdy warriors and bards for neighbors.

[Nyneve's Peak]

A tall mountain that overlooks the entire community of Heroes' Hearth, Nyneve's Peak is as the name would imply, the home of the dragon Nyneve, benefactor to the Dragon Acolytes and protector of Avalon. A long stairway has been carved up the side of the mountain, allowing the most senior Dragon Acolytes (and those they deem worthy)
    to travel to the shrine at the top of the peak to seek out Nyneve's wisdom. Another shrine exists at the base of the stair, and Nyneve herself might visit (or create an avatar of herself to do so) if she feels like it.

And More...

Want to start a new location? Think there should be something here that isn't? Through the magic of the Nexus, anyone who wants to use the hospitality of Heroes' Hearth in their own way is welcome to do so! If a new location starts to generate steam, it'll be added to this here OP for all to share in!

Attention Villains!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Conflict is great! It's the heart of any story, and there isn't much to roleplay without it. However, as a player to player courtesy, please check in with the players who are active at any given time before launching an attack. Not everyone wants to roleplay combat scenes, and sometimes there are other things going on that players don't want to interrupt for a random fight. Either a PM/IM to players, a short post in thread to say ((Mind if I introduce a villain here?)) or a longer post in the OOC thread if it's a larger plot is appreciated.

Also, please don't plan any villainy that will result in destroying the settlement or having the same effect without the consent of the majority of the players who would be affected.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2017-07-31 at 01:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Heroes' Hearth

A dwarf with steel plate armor and an open iron helm walks into the Hearth. He instantly sits down and fixes himself some mead. He then sets his decorated steel battle-axe next to him at the table. His face and dark red beard are blood stained, obviously from a recent battle.
    Last edited by Green Elf; 2017-07-31 at 03:01 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Bonfire

Ambrosia, scholar of some renown, enters the Heroes' Hearth. While some might mistake her for a hero, with her purple armor and all, that is not who she is or why she is here. No, she is here to study the bonfire, at least that was what she was going to start out with.
    She takes a seat close to it and starts making a simple sketch of the fire. Some might just take a photo of it, but she enjoyed making sketches.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

[Bonfire]

Near Ambrosia, a gray-furred Charr seems to have dozed off by the fire. Thariza has travelled far to get here. It seems like the kind of place that might hold the answers she seeks. The people here are warriors, but not soldiers. Their perspective could be a good start.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #5

[Bonfire]

As Ambrosia is finished her sketch, she considers investigating the fire further, however she isn't sure what its attendees would think of that. Perhaps it would be best to just ask?
    She looks around. "Excuse me? Could anyone tell me if it would be okay to, ah, poke the fire?"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

[Bonfire]

Thariza wakes up when this... person asks a question. She doesn't look entirely human, and smells weird.

"I think they might mind," she says, groggily. "It doesn't feel right, anyway."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Bonfire]

As Ambrosia is finished her sketch, she considers investigating the fire further, however she isn't sure what its attendees would think of that. Perhaps it would be best to just ask?
    She looks around. "Excuse me? Could anyone tell me if it would be okay to, ah, poke the fire?"
    The dwarf walks over to the fire and replies to the question that Ambrosia asked. "I dunno think tha's a good idea lass. Ya see, a fire burns ye hand, an' tha's na something anyone wants ta do."
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Bonfire]

A hero appears here, recalled to the fire by thoughts of resting now that the battle is over.

It's Arkangel, one of the costumed crime-fighting vigilantes that haunt the city of Skyside (long since reformed from that brief time as a supervillain's henchperson). The jetpack wings power down and they flop to the ground, staying in a sitting position more by the support of the golden armor than anything else. The costume, for it's part, has seen better days: feathers missing, holes bitten in the left arm, burn marks here, and one patch of filigree has been wrenched away at right angles to where it belong.

As for the person inside the super-suit1, they're small, not even four feet in height, and all golden in color, like a plated statue brought to life. Not quite human in appearance2, but closer than anything else, and likely smell good to anyone who can tell. And they're feeling very grateful that enough life is still in these limbs for the bonfire to help.

"I hope today finds you all well." is their first remark3. They turn something over and over in their right hand, a little trinket of silver and black stone.

1 - Which doesn't completely cover the hero within. The right arm and shoulder and the back of the head are left exposed.
    2 - Short one finger per hand, head's a little too big, skin too smooth, the hips and shoulders are just slightly off in placement.
    3 - If you listen closely, the voice doesn't come from their throat, but is conjured by magic just in front of the expressionless sun-bird mask over their face.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-08-01 at 12:44 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #9

[Bonfire]

"Obviously I would use a poker of some sort. I simply need to know how the fire reacts to different types of stimuli." Ambrosia protests in the wake of the comments. "But fair enough. I have to restrain myself then." She eyes her advisers. "I don't suppose you would know anything about this place, do you? I am researching dragons and this is dragon flame, one I have never seen before." She gestures at the bonfire.

She hesitates at replying at the new arrival, she knew this place was filled with 'heroes' and she didn't have much in the way of discussion that related to them. She preferred not to be pretending to be anyone she wasn't.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

[Bonfire]

"People said this place is dedicated to a dragon, but I haven't seen it," Thariza says. "I mean, back home I'd steer clear of any place where people worship dragons. Or I'd give them a good smackdown. But I'm not home."

11. - Top - End - #11

[Bonfire]

"Truly? I'm afraid my position as a scholar requires me to inquire further then. Dragons have a bad reputation in your world I take it?" There is a brief pauses as the scholar attempts to figure out what gender this person was, they sounded female, but she did not want to make unwise assumptions until she knew for sure.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

[Bonfire]

"I've never actually seen one, but my homeworld has been ravaged by five Elder Dragons," Thariza says. She's unaware of the sixth one that woke up after she left. "They're... enormous forces of nature that consume magic and seem hell-bent on destroying civilization as we know it. There's also smaller dragons, but they all seem to serve the Elder ones."

13. - Top - End - #13

[Bonfire]

"That does sound unnerving. Are they simply forces of nature, or is there some intelligence behind them? Most species I've researched have at least some intelligence." Ambrosia observes. "Eh, I didn't catch you name though, who do I have the honor to question? I am Ambrosia." She offers her gloved hand to shake.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

[Bonfire]

"I'm Thariza..." The Charr pauses. Then, she shrugs and shakes Ambrosia's hand with her own, clawed one. "Just Thariza, for now. Maybe I can get another last name later. Anyway, the Elder Dragons appear far too... coordinated, to be just monsters. They act with a purpose, but their only purpose seems to be devouring magic. I've only ever seen some of their minions, though. I've never screwed up to get duty near the Brand."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Bonfire]

"Obviously I would use a poker of some sort. I simply need to know how the fire reacts to different types of stimuli." Ambrosia protests in the wake of the comments. "But fair enough. I have to restrain myself then." She eyes her advisers. "I don't suppose you would know anything about this place, do you? I am researching dragons and this is dragon flame, one I have never seen before." She gestures at the bonfire.

She hesitates at replying at the new arrival, she knew this place was filled with 'heroes' and she didn't have much in the way of discussion that related to them. She preferred not to be pretending to be anyone she wasn't.
    The dwarf chimes into the conversation. "I know plenty aboot da place. It has warmth, shelter, an' plenty o' mead. Tha's perfect for anything if ya ask me."
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Mead, you say? I'll be honest I could never gain a taste for that stuff. Plus the smell and color always reminded of the men's restroom. says a baritone voice from the darkness. A small figure steps out, nearly three feet tall. The crack of his cane is audible to all present, with the cane itself being made with what appears to be black marble. He wears a top hat with the illustration of the skull and crossbones on its center, and the man's face is actually painted like the skull on his hat. The short man has a purple tunic on, with black jeans going down his legs. On his feet he wears pointed shoes.

Gentlemen! My name is Doctor Arnold. A pleasure to meet all of you, I'm quite sure.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

17. - Top - End - #17

[Bonfire]

"Intelligent forces of nature..." Ambrosia notes, scribbling down something in her tome. She pauses as the dwarf speaks up, saying nothing that really drew her attention, and the newcomer introduces himself. He seemed to have their genders incorrect though, or perhaps 'gentlemen' was gender neutral in his world. It made sense to her really, no need to use different words for that.
    "I am Ambrosia, scholar." She quickly introduces herself to the human newcomer, but then her attention quickly turns back to Thariza. "It would seem these dragons have little to no empathy for other sapient creatures them, believing them of little importance. This is sadly a common attitude among dragons across the various worlds..." She blinks as she suddenly seems to recall something, and starts frantically turn the pages in her tome. "Your name was Thariza, wasn't it?" She asks without looking up from her tome.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-08-03 at 06:28 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Bonfire]

Arkangel chimes in, "The dragon Nyneve is said to dwell at the top of the island's mountain, and sometimes visit the shrine at the base. I'm not entirely convinced that she exists. But perhaps you could try to simply ask her."

'Ambrosia', 'Thariza', 'Dr. Arnold'. The names are not so familiar. Shi tries to recall, were any of them slated to do anything terrible enough to appear in Winds's divination, their crimes writ across the face of history? It gets so hard to remember.

"Hello doctor." There is still a hint of weariness in the voice.
    Hmm. Not gentle. Not a man. But as a land-owning armiger, arguably a gentleman all the same. Probably not. True gentlemanliness requires participation in a system.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Mead, you say? I'll be honest I could never gain a taste for that stuff. Plus the smell and color always reminded of the men's restroom. says a baritone voice from the darkness. A small figure steps out, nearly three feet tall. The crack of his cane is audible to all present, with the cane itself being made with what appears to be black marble. He wears a top hat with the illustration of the skull and crossbones on its center, and the man's face is actually painted like the skull on his hat. The short man has a purple tunic on, with black jeans going down his legs. On his feet he wears pointed shoes.

Gentlemen! My name is Doctor Arnold. A pleasure to meet all of you, I'm quite sure.
    "I'm Thanoc, son o' Thanor. If ye don't like tha mead, ye can get some beer or rum. So Doctor, ye don't don't exactly have Tha attire of a normal doctor..." Says the dwarf.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Well that is because I am not a normal doctor. says Doctor Arnold with a twirl of the cane.

Different people call me different things. Gypsy, Warlock, and let's not forget the popular term of "charlatan", but I prefer to think of myself as a Witch Doctor. Hence the name "Doctor". If it matters, I do have a doctorate in xenology, study of aliens, but I stumbled through that class.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-08-03 at 01:06 PM.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

[Bonfire]

"I'm Thariza, yes," the Charr says, for Ambrosia and anyone who might not have heard. "They seem to only care about us if they can make minions of us. You've heard me mention the Brand, right? It's... a giant gouge in the landscape, made by an Elder Dragon. It woke up in our ancestral homelands, and flew south, pursuing its rogue lieutenant. Everything it flew over became a crystallized wasteland, and the living creatures became its mindless minions."

22. - Top - End - #22

[Bonfire]

Ambrosia does seem to take note of what Thariza is saying, even as she is flipping through the pages. Finally she stops and pulls out a bunch of notes that where kept in-between the pages. They appear newer than the other notes she is keeping in there, newly written. "Is this how your name is spelled?" She gestures at the title at the first note "Project: 'Thariza'".

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

[Bonfire]

Thariza's mouth hangs open for a while, before she reaches out for the page, claws trembling.

"Yes. Where... where did you get it?"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Well that is because I am not a normal doctor. says Doctor Arnold with a twirl of the cane.

Different people call me different things. Gypsy, Warlock, and let's not forget the popular term of "charlatan", but I prefer to think of myself as a Witch Doctor. Hence the name "Doctor". If it matters, I do have a doctorate in xenology, study of aliens, but I stumbled through that class.
    The dwarf is not surprised. "Ah. So do ya heal witchcraft then? Or do ya do something else and just call yeself that?"

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Bonfire

Quote Originally Posted by Green Elf View Post
    The dwarf is not surprised. "Ah. So do ya heal witchcraft then? Or do ya do something else and just call yeself that?"
    The Halfling (Gnome? Something small certainly, definitely not human) smiles, and says: Oh I've done many things. Heal being one of them.

Ever have your palm read?
    The man runs the length of his cane along his left hand.

Or have your destiny found by the cards? The man removes the cane from his hand, and reveals a deck of strange black cards.

How about It then? A free card reading.

Your past,
    Doctor Arnold flips a card onto the ground, it reveals a picture of a man lost in a forest.

Your present, Doctor Arnold flips another card on the ground, this one looks like the same man lost in the forest, but this time the man has found his way out with the help of some sort of shadow creature.

and your future! A third card flipped on the ground, it reveals the lost man swallowed by his would be shadow friend.

Suddenly all the cards disappear, and Doctor Arnold is holding his cane with both hands, the deck mysteriously missing.

That wasn't your future, just a demonstration. Doctor Arnold clarifies.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-08-04 at 02:02 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

[Bonfire]

"I copied it." Ambrosia admits. "I met with a powerful spirit who shared some of its research with me." That was the simple version of the meeting at least. She was not frankly not sure what else to say. She was actually talking to revenant here, a successful project to infuse spirit back into dead flesh.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

[Bonfire]

"You... spoke with the creature that brought me back?" Thariza's voice is quiet and hoarse. "Can I see it?"

28. - Top - End - #28

[Bonfire]

"Yes..." Ambrosia hesitates for a moment, would Thariza destroy the notes?
    No... she could not deny her this, even if she had just met her. While it was proving difficult to read the body language of such a feline creature, her hoarse tone suggested enough.
    "Of- of course." She hands them over. "I copied everything I could think of, even the sketches."

The notes are filled with black text, all written in what must be Ambrosia's handwriting. The first note is a detailed (naked) sketch of herself with comments about the condition of her body and the cause of death which appear to have been hypothermia. She got hit by so many frost spells that she eventually succumbed to it. Therefore, her body was preserved in a very good condition, making her ideal for resurrecting. Then there are pictures of different parts of her body with comments about a 'magical inner sight' with a arrow pointing at her forehead.

There is a lot more, but one page at the time. Ambrosia is watching her cautiously, trying to determine her reaction to the first page.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

[Bonfire]

"Magical inner sight?" Thariza wonders aloud. "I don't have anything like that. My magic changed since I was brought back, but not like this."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Bonfire

The Halfling (Gnome? Something small certainly, definitely not human) smiles, and says: Oh I've done many things. Heal being one of them.

Ever have your palm read?
    The man runs the length of his cane along his left hand.

Or have your destiny found by the cards? The man removes the cane from his hand, and reveals a deck of strange black cards.

How about It then? A free card reading.

Your past,
    Doctor Arnold flips a card onto the ground, it reveals a picture of a man lost in a forest.

Your present, Doctor Arnold flips another card on the ground, this one looks like the same man lost in the forest, but this time the man has found his way out with the help of some sort of shadow creature.

and your future! A third card flipped on the ground, it reveals the lost man swallowed by his would be shadow friend.

Suddenly all the cards disappear, and Doctor Arnold is holding his cane with both hands, the deck mysteriously missing.

That wasn't your future, just a demonstration. Doctor Arnold clarifies.
    The dwarf is surprised. "I don't believe in tha card things, but I may as well get a reading. Just fer tha fun of it."

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother