New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes' Hearth

1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Bonfire]

"The bonfire? It's for healing." Chevin1 starts to explain.
    "It's dragonfire, but enchanted to help people recover when they're weary and injured."
    For example, working mysterious magical materials over the forge.

1 - Don't worry if you didn't notice them. Chevin is kinda small, not even 4' high, and correspondingly slight. And shi just got here hirself.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Heroes' Hearth

[Bonfire]

Fade looks at both who spoke up Thariza and Chevin.
    "A strange prupose for a fire I guess." he says in his soundless voice. "It would mean people get hurt here."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #93

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Bonfire]

Thariza snorts.

"I wish I knew. This is all... mushy. The Mists care less about physical reality and more about resonance and symbolism, I know that much. And I haven't been to any hospitals since all this happened to me. I do want to know more, though. I don't want to use something I don't understand, and besides... I was recently persuaded to seek out new things in life. Or unlife, or whatever."
    [Bonfire]

"It sounds like something you have to learn by doing, or by finding someone else like you. I could give you some directions, but perhaps we should figure out where would you want to go first? I know plenty of places of death, the nexus seems to be filled with them. History should be easy too, there are a number of libraries that I've visited too. or perhaps you like to speak with someone that is similar to yourself?"
    Ambrosia had quite a few suggestions. Being knowledgeable was the greatest virtue.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

[Bonfire]

"Are there any people here similar to myself?" Thariza asks, shrugging. "That demon had never managed to raise anyone else from the dead. I think our best bet would be a place where great deeds were done by a prominent figure."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #95

[Bonfire]

"I actually know of a few undead beings that have regained their minds, I don't think they can be compared to you, but they've definitely died as well. As for places where people have performed heroic deeds, well, Inside has been the scene of many great battles, and it also have a great deal of libraries. So that would be your first stop I imagine."

6. - Top - End - #96

Default [Bonfire]

"No, people come here when they've been hurt. But not too hurt."

Chevin looks like an androgynous (though not exactly indistinct, rather, both very feminine and very masculine) human formed out of purest silver (though the hair on hir head (long dreadlocks) is a rusty red), dressed in loose white clothing and a pair of dark goggles.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

[Bonfire]

Thariza's tail swishes behind her as she gets up, stretching to her full height. Which turns out to be impressive, even hunched over as all Charr are.

"Maybe. Or we could visit a site where a well-known figure accomplished something great."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #98

[Bonfire]

Ambrosia considers, should she interrupt her study of Heroes' Hearth for this? Well, she could always return here later, this wasn't something she could do everyday though.
    "Depends on your definition of 'great' I suppose. But I do know where some powerful beings have fallen, if those count."

9. - Top - End - #99

Default Re: [Bonfire]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "No, people come here when they've been hurt. But not too hurt."

Chevin looks like an androgynous (though not exactly indistinct, rather, both very feminine and very masculine) human formed out of purest silver (though the hair on hir head (long dreadlocks) is a rusty red), dressed in loose white clothing and a pair of dark goggles.
    [Bonfire]

"So this is a hospital in some way?" Fade replies. He doesn't really mind the appereance of the other person for him it's obviously a skin armor or such.

10. - Top - End - #100

Default [Bonfire]

Well, that's not entirely wrong; it is skin.

"Don't be silly; the hospital is over there." Chevin waves in the direction of Warrior's Rest. It's not really a hospital, but it is the place to find proper medical care.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

[Bonfire]

"Powerful and influential seems to be enough," Thariza says. "One of the people from Tyria I can channel was a vicious demon, who was also a lickspittle to one of the human gods. The one god even the other ones couldn't stand."

12. - Top - End - #102

[Bonfire]

Fade looks at the hospital. That's even more confusing.
    "Then tell me armored guy." he says and as befor there is no special sound in his voice. "What is the prupose of this area. I think a sign called it 'Heroes' Hearth' "

13. - Top - End - #103

[Bonfire]

"Very well, let us set out then." Ambrosia gets up from her seat, folding her arms. "The first location shouldn't be too far away from here."

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

[Bonfire]

Thariza picks up her gear, which seems to consist of an old mace, a new axe and a short bow. She's ready to follow Ambrosia.

15. - Top - End - #105

Default [Bonfire]

Chevin doesn't answer for a while. After all, shi's not wearing armor, Fade must mean someone else.

But after several minutes, when he sadly goes unanswered, will explain "The whole island is Heroes' Hearth. It's exactly what it sounds like."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

A man about six feet tall walks in and says to the nearest person listening "I was told that this is a place that heroes can come to get support. I'm not a hero in the sense that I have destroyed the forces of evil, but I do want to help others. Can you guys help me out?" He stops for a moment and says "Oh, I forgot. I am Corporal Gary Davidson of the 4th Infantry Division of the United States Army pleasure to meet you all."

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    He is wearing a uniform and has an M1 Garand with a bayonet slung over his shoulder. On his back, he is wearing a backpackand on his sleeves are various insignia, but the most notable is one that looks like a green compass with what appears to be a blunted 5 pointed star on each end that is on his right arm. In a holster, he is carrying a 1911 and on his head he is wearing a green helmet. He has black hair and brown eyes and appears to have not shaven in about a week. His clothes are also covered in mud and appear to be wet
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2017-10-01 at 12:52 PM.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    A man about six feet tall walks in and says to the nearest person listening "I was told that this is a place that heroes can come to get support. I'm not a hero in the sense that I have destroyed the forces of evil, but I do want to help others. Can you guys help me out?" He stops for a moment and says "Oh, I forgot. I am Corporal Gary Davidson of the 4th Infantry Division of the United States Army pleasure to meet you all."

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    He is wearing a uniform and has an M1 Garand with a bayonet slung over his shoulder. On his back, he is wearing a backpackand on his sleeves are various insignia, but the most notable is one that looks like a green compass with what appears to be a blunted 5 pointed star on each end that is on his right arm. In a holster, he is carrying a 1911 and on his head he is wearing a green helmet. He has black hair and brown eyes and appears to have not shaven in about a week. His clothes are also covered in mud and appear to be wet
    A dwarf with steel plate armor and an open iron helm is listening to the man. He has his decorated steel battle-axe next to him. His face and dark red beard are blood stained, obviously from a recent battle. He quickly chugs some more beer before he turns and answers.

"I thought gettin' some help is what I came here fer, but it turns out I'll be helpin' some hero tha isn't much o' a hero. Now tha's a good way for things to turn out.
    I dunno what tha United States is, but I can help ya out Gary. Just tell me what ya need an' I'll try ta help."

The dwarf continues to fix himself more beer. Who knows how long he's been doing that?
    Last edited by Green Elf; 2017-09-10 at 10:38 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Green Elf View Post
    A dwarf with steel plate armor and an open iron helm is listening to the man. He has his decorated steel battle-axe next to him. His face and dark red beard are blood stained, obviously from a recent battle. He quickly chugs some more beer before he turns and answers.

"I thought gettin' some help is what I came here fer, but it turns out I'll be helpin' some hero tha isn't much o' a hero. Now tha's a good way for things to turn out.
    I dunno what tha United States is, but I can help ya out Gary. Just tell me what ya need an' I'll try ta help."

The dwarf continues to fix himself more beer. Who knows how long he's been doing that?
    Gary says "Thanks for helping me out. I just need a place to clean myself and my uniform. If I can, I'd also like to get a few more .30 cal and .45 rounds, maybe some clips and magazines to go with them since I'm currently running low on ammo and I'm trying to get a job where I might need some. If it's also not too much to ask, I'd also like to get some real food. All I have are a few disgusting K Rations. If there is a place I can get some food, I guess you can have the rations. They probably make amazing dog food. On the bright side, they have chocolate and cigarettes in there, so you do get some good things from there.
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

19. - Top - End - #109

Chevin doesn't answer for a while. After all, shi's not wearing armor, Fade must mean someone else.

But after several minutes, when he sadly goes unanswered, will explain "The whole island is Heroes' Hearth. It's exactly what it sounds like."
    Fade looks around, not sure how much you can see from the bonefire.

"So people that come here call themself heroes." he then says in his typical voice. "Is ist just like that, no tests no proof?"
    after all he got here quiet easy.

20. - Top - End - #110

Default [Bonfire]

The bonfire is right at the center of Heroes' Hearth! You can see Warrior's Rest right there, the great hall, bathhouse, and medical area. Over the other way is the stairway that winds up around the mountain Nyneve's Peak. The mead hall isn't far away either, and you can see the village spread out further away. To start.

"Everybody's welcome, unless they show that they shouldn't be." Chevin explains. It's kind of the opposite of other places; you're presumed to be potentially heroic unless it's proven that you're a villain. "I'm not even a real hero myself," shi says, lying like a rug, "I just work at the Forge complex here making stuff for proper adventurers."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Gary says "Thanks for helping me out. I just need a place to clean myself and my uniform. If I can, I'd also like to get a few more .30 cal and .45 rounds, maybe some clips and magazines to go with them since I'm currently running low on ammo and I'm trying to get a job where I might need some. If it's also not too much to ask, I'd also like to get some real food. All I have are a few disgusting K Rations. If there is a place I can get some food, I guess you can have the rations. They probably make amazing dog food. On the bright side, they have chocolate and cigarettes in there, so you do get some good things from there.
    "I have a little house over in Outside. I'll take you there so you can get some supplies. I'll take that chocolate though. That's always good." Says the dwarf, gathering his gear.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

22. - Top - End - #112

The bonfire is right at the center of Heroes' Hearth! You can see Warrior's Rest right there, the great hall, bathhouse, and medical area. Over the other way is the stairway that winds up around the mountain Nyneve's Peak. The mead hall isn't far away either, and you can see the village spread out further away. To start.

"Everybody's welcome, unless they show that they shouldn't be." Chevin explains. It's kind of the opposite of other places; you're presumed to be potentially heroic unless it's proven that you're a villain. "I'm not even a real hero myself," shi says, lying like a rug, "I just work at the Forge complex here making stuff for proper adventurers."
    "So you are a blacksmith?" fade asks. "I was looking for somone. I would need some protection items. Do you craft such items or do you work for maintance?"
    Fade can't really say if he lies or not. Sure he learned that there is a mimic or a secial sound in the voice that give you a hint, but he might miss that.

23. - Top - End - #113

Chevin nods.
    "I have some skill with metalsmithing, yes. Mostly cold-hammered, but my ironwork is at least serviceable. Do you mean armor, or magical protection? Do you need a specific piece made or a purpose fulfilled?"
    Shi hops to hir feet and motions towards the direction of the forge-grounds, chattering all the while. "I learned with blacksmithing blades, so, steel, right? I gather it's kind of a cliche but it was my teacher's specialty so....kinda hard to avoid. I branched out mostly because my island didn't have enough armorers to keep up with demand. Work with a lot of unusual materials that don't get scale, is what I meant earlier." There, shi didn't even tell a lie, just avoided an inconvenient truth or two.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-09-18 at 11:00 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

[Arriving]

Wenomir, Kal and Ilpholin should arrive here by now. Wenomir's dried off, but his armour was left behind on the beach in Seaside. They're here to speak to the dragon-cultists about containing and possibly destroying the staff piece, but maybe the Hearth would also serve as a place for the three weary warriors to rest.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Green Elf View Post
    "I have a little house over in Outside. I'll take you there so you can get some supplies. I'll take that chocolate though. That's always good." Says the dwarf, gathering his gear.
    Gary says "Thanks for helping me out." He opens his backpack and pulls out four small, overstuffed, partially opened boxes. One is labeled Breakfast, one is labeled Dinner, and two are labelled Supper "These are my rations. The chocolate is in the tubes. I hope you like them, it took a lot of self control to save these from my C Rations and put them in my K Ration kits."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bonfire]

Renault, the desert elf wizard, shakes himself out of his reverie and looks around. He was feeling much more refreshed than he had been, as if he had gotten hours of sleep. Or had he been trapped in that deadtime stuff for too long? The elf was starving, now, and was considering a meal.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Arriving]

Wenomir, Kal and Ilpholin should arrive here by now. Wenomir's dried off, but his armour was left behind on the beach in Seaside. They're here to speak to the dragon-cultists about containing and possibly destroying the staff piece, but maybe the Hearth would also serve as a place for the three weary warriors to rest.
    [Arriving]

Weary? Rest? Ilpholin seems rejuvenated and raring to go. Though a bit of weariness seems to set in as she looks around, most notably at the mountain in the distance. "Let me guess. We have to climb that. Boy I hope this dragon is a sensible urban type and took up living in a house down here." Looking around the village is more appealing than climbing the mountain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

28. - Top - End - #118

Chevin nods.
    "I have some skill with metalsmithing, yes. Mostly cold-hammered, but my ironwork is at least serviceable. Do you mean armor, or magical protection? Do you need a specific piece made or a purpose fulfilled?"
    Shi hops to her feet and motions towards the direction of the forge-grounds, chattering all the while. "I learned with blacksmithing blades, so, steel, right? I gather it's kind of a cliche but it was my teacher's specialty so....kinda hard to avoid. I branched out mostly because my island didn't have enough armorers to keep up with demand. Work with a lot of unusual materials that don't get scale, is what I meant earlier." There, shi didn't even tell a lie, just avoided an inconvenient truth or two.
    [Bonfire]

Fade follows up. He just stops for a moment when he (maybe?) sees Wenomir . he knows about him. At least he knows many people went to him for training. He would challange him, but then Ilpholin appears. He is not in the mood to fight her and her company. He turns to Shi and closes the distance.

"Just protection that doesn't block my movement. Physical and magical is okay. Any material is fine."

29. - Top - End - #119

Default [Bonfire => Forge]

((Please excuse any confusion from my typos and neologisms, Zefir ))

"You know Wenomir too?" Chevin inquires, apparently noticing the direction of Fade's gaze. "He's a pretty cool guy. Really stubborn, though. I'd go say hello, but he probably wouldn't even remember me. A real hero like that? Hah."
    Chevin walks to the workspace shi's using, not quite at a forge itself, just tables and strings and tapes and wheels.
    "Okay, so for not interfering with your movement, I'm thinking cloud-pattern armor with anim-articulate metal plates. Just checking, you are able to pay for this protection? That'll be the most movable, for not getting in your way, while still giving you pretty good protection. I'll need to take your measurements at the first, and check back often that they still fit and move correctly."
    "Are you worried about something in particular? Bullets, lasers, teeth, knives, you know what I'm saying?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Gary says "Thanks for helping me out." He opens his backpack and pulls out four small, overstuffed, partially opened boxes. One is labeled Breakfast, one is labeled Dinner, and two are labelled Supper "These are my rations. The chocolate is in the tubes. I hope you like them, it took a lot of self control to save these from my C Rations and put them in my K Ration kits."
    The dwarf will take the rations and lead him to the house in Outside.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother