New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Heroes' Hearth

1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Heroes' Hearth

Bonfire

And Alewer does bump into them. The white-armored figure is still holding a small ice sculpture of a dragon, although probably not a wraith dragon. "Excuse me, but did you say a dragon?"
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Bonfire

"Don't worry about getting there, I will arrange for that." Ambrosia gives her a small smile. "But I don't think this one is that scary actually considering it rules over a village. It implies some sort of social relation to other beings than other dragons which is a good sign, believe me."
    She then turns to the white-armored stranger, her eyes soon drawn to the sculpture. "Indeed, I'm a dragon researcher actually. So you will hear me say that word a lot." She offers her hand. "Ambrosia Ithil, and this is Thariza, she is helping me with my research." She nods her head in the charr's direction.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

[Bonfire]

The bulky Charr is visibly shaken as Alewer approaches, but relaxes slightly.

"Uh, yeah. Ambrosia helped me with something I was looking for, so now it's my turn. Can't say I've ever heard of a dragon ruling over people, rather than minions, but I guess I should forget what I'm used to."

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Morty; 2018-04-30 at 03:31 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Bonfire

Someone being shaken by his presence is a new experience for the Toa, but he's more interested in the reseacher anyway. "What do you know about this? Has any creature like this been seen in these lands?" He holds out the statuette he carries. It is a dragon, carved in great detail into a block of ice.
    Spoiler: image
    Show

My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

[Open Scene]

Steve walks in and says "All doers of good who reside here, I come to request your help. There is a village that has been overrun by raiders, and I am assembling a force to bring them to justice. While killing them is allowed, we would like to offer surrender as a first option. VIGIL has already agreed to help, as well as two others. While I cannot offer any material reward, I hope that doing good can be seen as its own reward."

((Description is a little outdated, but works for the time being.))
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2018-05-02 at 02:57 PM.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground

Monument Garden

There is a shrine to Zeus amongst the plantlife, and it is currently being made to look nice and shiny and awesome.

Felandria puts the finishing touches on it, kisses the picture of Zeus and heads back towards the

Bonfire

To see what’s going on around here.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

7. - Top - End - #217
    Pixie in the Playground

The doors open, and a near 7 foot tall Warforged enters the tavern. He leans his maul, an anvil with a handle, against the wall by the door. His body is dented from old combat and constant upkeep. A dull blue light shines in his eyes as he scans the establishment, then heads to the bar.

"Firewhiskey. A full glass, if you don't mind."

Tank takes the glass, and walks over to an empty table. From the bag on his belt, he pulls out a collapsible metal chair, unfolds it, then sits down, taking a sip of his drink. He was new in these parts, and in search of somewhere to set up his forge. With any luck, the local knights would be in need of someone to knock the dents out of their armor. Or, better yet, new blades. He finishes his drink, and heads outside to

Bonfire

and sets his chair by the fire, leaning his maul against the back of it. In the firelight, old runes which have long since lost there magic gleam in the flickering light.
    Last edited by WarforgedTank; 2018-05-04 at 04:19 AM.

8. - Top - End - #218

((Really sorry for the delay, I wrote this up long ago but apparently I never posted it.))

[Bonfire]

"The shape isn't too unusual for dragons, though I can't say I can place it right away." Ambrosia admits as she looks at the sculpture. "Do you have anything else to go on? I have been in contact with a number of dragons and they usually have a network of sort. Dragons tend to keep track of one another, as their numbers are relatively low they need to know what potential mates and rivals that are in the area."

As Steve enters, she gives him a smile and a curt not of acknowledgement. Looks like the curse had been lifted...

9. - Top - End - #219
    Pixie in the Playground

Tank stands, and walks over to the group of people in conversation.

"A thousand pardons, but might I ask if this forge has any openings for another smith? I am versed in magical and nonmagical arms and armors."

Tank is polite, but doesn't smile. He let's people make their own assumptions about him.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

[Bonfire]

Thariza peers closely at the statuette.

"Nope, never seen it before. I'm really not very good with dragons, but now I seem to run into them everywhere. At least they're not of the magic-eating mass-destructing kind."

She glances over at Steve. Normally she might sign up for such a quest, but right now she's got a task ahead of her. Then, of course, another person approaches.

"I don't think they so much employ smiths as just let them use the forge."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Pixie in the Playground

Tank nods his thanks, then turns to leave. He stops, and looks back over his shoulder as he lifts his maul.

"Hunting dragons? I've some experience with that, should you need another hand. I'll be around, should you need to find me."

He'd seen one of them was visibly shaken, but held his tongue as he found a place to plunge the handle of the maul into the earth, his anvil now ready for business.
    Last edited by WarforgedTank; 2018-05-04 at 06:33 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Bonfire

"I don't think that's what they're doing. I would've been a dragonslayer, but destiny had other plans, so I wound up here, short five brothers and sisters and unaccustomed to the
    pure organics that live here."
    Alewer lets out a short sigh and replies to Thariza and Ambrosia."The creature was last seen a universe away, so I doubt any dragons here have met it, and also that it is intelligent. It is very much of the destructive sort, a monstrous Rahi of oil and smoke. I and my brothers and sisters were asked to aid another group in driving it out of their city, but on the way there I was separated and found myself here."
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-05-04 at 09:32 PM.

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #223

Bonfire

The scholar, who I know I realize I should describe better (have an image of her), smiles. "I know smiths, but you would sell yourself short working for them, sir." She says with a nod. "But yes, I am a scholar of dragons. I don't involve myself with slayings of any sort." She then turns back to Alewer. "I see, I'm not familiar with the terminology you use, so it appears that this type of dragon isn't very common in the nexus yet. Therefore, I might not be of much help except with general information about dragonkin. I'm actually looking for a dragon myself, so I will be quite busy soon."

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

[Bonfire]

Thariza looks, for the record, like this:

Spoiler
    Show

"I'm something of a smith myself," she says as Tank gets ready to leave. "Not a master by any measure, but I know how to work metal. Weapons, armour and vehicles."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Pixie in the Playground

Tank actually smiled at this. He'd met a lot of different adventurers in his day, but never ones who actually just studied dragons.

"That sounds like an awfully dangerous subject to study. Be careful out there."

Tank turned to the other smith.

"Always nice to meet a fellow metal shaper. Kind of had to learn myself, but I feel like I've gotten to the point where people will pay for my wares. Joints are getting a little rusty for the constant adventuring life, if ya catch my drift. Name's Tank, by the way."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

((I guess I'll just post, since there was a delay already.))

[Bonfire]

"My name is Thariza," the Charr says. "So it's not armour that you wear? I've met a man who was half-metal once, but not all metal."

17. - Top - End - #227
    Pixie in the Playground

Tank laughed at the question.

"Yes, I am all metal. I was given life by a sorcerer to be his guardian. I outlived him, obviously."

Tank reached down, and pulled his left arm off at the elbow, revealing the inner workings of his arm to Thariza.

"As the saying goes, there ain't no strings on me."

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Heroes' Hearth

Bonfire

"Ah. That's not unexpected. Perhaps you could use an extra pair of hands? Do not feel like I would be insulted if you say no, I know not to meddle uninvited in the affairs of others." Alewer is honest about the offer of aid, and about not minding if turned down.

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #229

Bonfire

The scholar nods. "Nice to meet you, 'Tank'." Was that his real name? Sounded more like a nickname. But then again, she didn't know a lot about his culture so she could easily be mistaken.
    She then turns to Alewer. "You want to join the expedition? I have to warn you then, as I'm not really an adventurer. Nor am I really looking for treasure in this endeavor. While I could compensate your monetary for your services, don't expect there to be any looting or killing here. I simply want to do a study." Ambrosia explains.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

[Bonfire]

Thariza's ears twitch.

"I've seen golems before, but none that spoke. Or were articulate like that. Though I guess my old commander was half-metal. A full-metal person isn't that big a stretch."

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    ((Really sorry for the delay, I wrote this up long ago but apparently I never posted it.))

[Bonfire]

"The shape isn't too unusual for dragons, though I can't say I can place it right away." Ambrosia admits as she looks at the sculpture. "Do you have anything else to go on? I have been in contact with a number of dragons and they usually have a network of sort. Dragons tend to keep track of one another, as their numbers are relatively low they need to know what potential mates and rivals that are in the area."

As Steve enters, she gives him a smile and a curt not of acknowledgement. Looks like the curse had been lifted...
    Steve smiles at the sight of Ambrosia and says "Hello again, Ambrosia. It seems that the heavens have been favorable to you. I assume you are still working on uncovering the mysteries of the universe?"

((Sorry for the delay))

[Bonfire - A Newcomer approaches]

A tall man seeming appearing to be in his 50s walks in. He has very shaggy black hair and a long unkept beard, both of which cover most of his face. He is wearing a brown pants and a gray coat that is similar in shape to a hauberk, but moves like fabric and appears to be made of one piece plate mail. On his sleeves, glowing red runes can be visibly seen. Over his tunic, he is wearing a belt. On his belt, he has a hammer, a book, a small bag, and a mace. With every step, his leather boots make a metallic sound. However it is not the sound of metal sabatons clanking against the ground, but rather like a hammer striking metal on an anvil.

He sits down and stares and the fire for a while and says to everyone around to hear, though seemingly to himself "There are many valiant warriors here, their gear is unworthy to be carried by the likes of them. What a shame it is for them to go into battle with such lowly steel."
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2018-05-12 at 11:44 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    [Bonfire - A Newcomer approaches]

A tall man seeming appearing to be in his 50s walks in. He has very shaggy black hair and a long unkept beard, both of which cover most of his face. He is wearing a brown pants and a gray coat that is similar in shape to a hauberk, but moves like fabric and appears to be made of one piece plate mail. On his sleeves, glowing red runes can be visibly seen. Over his tunic, he is wearing a belt. On his belt, he has a hammer, a book, a small bag, and a mace. With every step, his leather boots make a metallic sound. However it is not the sound of metal sabatons clanking against the ground, but rather like a hammer striking metal on an anvil.

He sits down and stares and the fire for a while and says to everyone around to hear, though seemingly to himself "There are many valiant warriors here, their gear is unworthy to be carried by the likes of them. What a shame it is for them to go into battle with such lowly steel."
    Another guy, looking to be in his early thirties, dressed in a coat and shirt, looks up, and says: My shirt's unworthy now? Huh?
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2018-05-14 at 06:08 AM.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Another guy, looking to be in his early thirties, dressed in a coat and shirt, looks up, and says: My shirt's unworthy now? Huh?
    The man, with a look as if he is about to announce a wonderful event, says "You're are a fighter for righteousness, I presume, but the wares you carry could made for any common or mundane task. If you want, I could make you a coat of mail that would make you immune to even dragon's fire, or a sword that you would strike true every time you swing it. If that doesn't appeal to you, I could even make you a ring, or a belt, or an amulet that had some effects to benefit you." He stops for a moment, and then says "But if it's a shirt you need, that is outside of my field of expertise. However, my wife can do similar things I do with thread. She even helped make parts of my coat I'm wearing right now."
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Bonfire

"Monetary?" The concept is utterly alien to Alewer. "I can do no killing, that is easy. What is monetary?"

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

The man, with a look as if he is about to announce a wonderful event, says "You're are a fighter for righteousness, I presume, but the wares you carry could made for any common or mundane task. If you want, I could make you a coat of mail that would make you immune to even dragon's fire, or a sword that you would strike true every time you swing it. If that doesn't appeal to you, I could even make you a ring, or a belt, or an amulet that had some effects to benefit you." He stops for a moment, and then says "But if it's a shirt you need, that is outside of my field of expertise. However, my wife can do similar things I do with thread. She even helped make parts of my coat I'm wearing right now."
    [COLOR="#8B4513"]Oh... well righteousness is a bit overstepping it. I, uh... deliberate? We'll call it that, for Civviron, goddess of hope. She got me out of sorts with this demon lich thing. Anyway, getting off topic, you said an amulet, now? Goes around your neck? That sounds right up my alley. If it's not too much of a bother to you./COLOR]
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

[COLOR="#8B4513"]Oh... well righteousness is a bit overstepping it. I, uh... deliberate? We'll call it that, for Civviron, goddess of hope. She got me out of sorts with this demon lich thing. Anyway, getting off topic, you said an amulet, now? Goes around your neck? That sounds right up my alley. If it's not too much of a bother to you./COLOR]
    The man smiles and says "The cause is close enough to what I was describing. I can make you an amulet. But first, I have a question for you. Do you know how much and how old of magic the forge here can take? Since it's an amulet, I'm pretty sure any forge will work for the metal, but if the anvil or crucible in particular cannot handle fusion with primordial magic, then there is a very large chance I could cover this entire place in molten metal. If not, I have my own private forge. However, it is incredibly special, as it was created by the gods themselves and have only allowed myself to use it, and I would prefer to use another forge first. Oh, I almost forgot, what challenge are you planning to be facing when wearing this amulet?"

27. - Top - End - #237
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Bonfire]

Thariza's ears twitch.

"I've seen golems before, but none that spoke. Or were articulate like that. Though I guess my old commander was half-metal. A full-metal person isn't that big a stretch."

Tank frowns at the mention of the word 'golems'. It was a common misconception with his kind, even more common around people who didn't know anything about his kind in the first place.

"I would guess that technically I am similar to a golem, though golems are built to follow commands without fault, and have no mind of their own. I was built with sentience in mind, and am the last of my masters creations. Most men who created Warforged used them for exactly that. War. I however was my masters guardian. Proof that I did my job was shown when he died of old age."

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

The man smiles and says "The cause is close enough to what I was describing. I can make you an amulet. But first, I have a question for you. Do you know how much and how old of magic the forge here can take? Since it's an amulet, I'm pretty sure any forge will work for the metal, but if the anvil or crucible in particular cannot handle fusion with primordial magic, then there is a very large chance I could cover this entire place in molten metal. If not, I have my own private forge. However, it is incredibly special, as it was created by the gods themselves and have only allowed myself to use it, and I would prefer to use another forge first. Oh, I almost forgot, what challenge are you planning to be facing when wearing this amulet?"
    Harold looks down, and says:

Mental demons, figurative not literal. The weight of what I did while in service to a force of malice and darkness still weighs down on me, and lately it's been worse than before. As for a forge, I haven't been in the nexus long, and I know no forge except that of my old master, of which was a dark and evil thing.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

Harold looks down, and says:

Mental demons, figurative not literal. The weight of what I did while in service to a force of malice and darkness still weighs down on me, and lately it's been worse than before. As for a forge, I haven't been in the nexus long, and I know no forge except that of my old master, of which was a dark and evil thing.
    [Bonfire to Forge]

The man says "I can certainly make something for that. However, due to the inherent nature of magical gear, it would have to be worn in order to ward of your ailment. Follow me, if you will" He walks over to the forge and push out of his bag a special set of glasses that appears to have obsidian lenses and gold frames. "It's been a while since I've seen a forge of this quality. This will work perfectly." He pulls out from his bag a pair of tongs and says "I'm not carrying any gemstones with me at the moment. Are you okay with a plain gold or silver amulet? It won't affect the performance, but it will look less fancy." He pulls out tongs and grabs the crucible he finds at the forge and drops some ingots in.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

[Bonfire]

Quote Originally Posted by WarforgedTank View Post
    Tank frowns at the mention of the word 'golems'. It was a common misconception with his kind, even more common around people who didn't know anything about his kind in the first place.

"I would guess that technically I am similar to a golem, though golems are built to follow commands without fault, and have no mind of their own. I was built with sentience in mind, and am the last of my masters creations. Most men who created Warforged used them for exactly that. War. I however was my masters guardian. Proof that I did my job was shown when he died of old age."
    Thariza's tail swishes in an awkward motion.

"I didn't mean to offend you. Golems are just the most similar thing I'm familiar with. I haven't heard of any Asura creating self-aware constructs, so I guess your creator has that over them."