New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Heroes' Hearth

1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Heroes' Hearth

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    [Bonfire to Forge]

The man says "I can certainly make something for that. However, due to the inherent nature of magical gear, it would have to be worn in order to ward of your ailment. Follow me, if you will" He walks over to the forge and push out of his bag a special set of glasses that appears to have obsidian lenses and gold frames. "It's been a while since I've seen a forge of this quality. This will work perfectly." He pulls out from his bag a pair of tongs and says "I'm not carrying any gemstones with me at the moment. Are you okay with a plain gold or silver amulet? It won't affect the performance, but it will look less fancy." He pulls out tongs and grabs the crucible he finds at the forge and drops some ingots in.
    Silver's fine, I'm not one to be vain.

Harold says, following the man.

I'm Harold by the way.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Bonfire]

Thariza's tail swishes in an awkward motion.

"I didn't mean to offend you. Golems are just the most similar thing I'm familiar with. I haven't heard of any Asura creating self-aware constructs, so I guess your creator has that over them."
    Tank shakes his head.

"No offense taken. It's just that an old adventuring 'acquaintance' used to refer to me as nothing more than a useless golem, and the word has been negative to me ever since."

Tank offers a hand.

"I apologize if I've upset you."
    Avatar created by Honest Tiefling!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Silver's fine, I'm not one to be vain.

Harold says, following the man.

I'm Harold by the way.
    The man stares at the furnace and watches the ingots melt into molten. Without turning, he says "I'm Hamund." He picks up the crucible with his tongs and pours the silver into the mold. When it begins to cool, he pulls a branding iron out of his bag, which has a circle shape. The circle bends into a strange shape by itself and, when placed in the center of the hot amulet, causes a bright yellow flash to come from it, leaving a glowing gold colored rune in the center. Hamund beats the amulet with his hammer until it has a perfect disc shape. "Here you go, when you put it on, it keeps you from experiencing extreme stress, anger, self hatred, and other feelings that come from your past. However, the amulet doesn't remove the feelings completely from you. If you wanted me to embed it into you it might, but that would be excruciatingly painful and possibly fatal. Be careful of taking it off if you feel an episode coming on." After cooling the amulet, Hamund puts it on a chain and hands it to Harold
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarforgedTank View Post
    Tank shakes his head.

"No offense taken. It's just that an old adventuring 'acquaintance' used to refer to me as nothing more than a useless golem, and the word has been negative to me ever since."

Tank offers a hand.

"I apologize if I've upset you."
    Thariza shakes the offered hand with her own, clawed one.

"You haven't. I've just been learning not to assume things. Its a process," she says. "I used not to think about anything too hard, but then I... well, things got shaken up for me."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Pixie in the Playground

Tank shakes the hand offered to him. Cold metal on warm fur.

"I do not know your exact situation, but I can empathize with confusion. Warforged spring into existence fully aged and ready for service. It is frightfully confusing being extremely knowledgeable about places and people you've never seen."

Tank stares into the fire for a minute.

"My people are what you would call an 'endangered' species. There aren't many of us left, and the magic that was used to create us, at least in my realm, has been lost. Ever since the City of Shard fell, Eberron has been a lawless place. I took the first chance to escape that realm that I could. That was nearly a quarter of a century ago."

Tank turns back and smiles.

"I'm here if you ever need someone to talk to."
    Last edited by WarforgedTank; 2018-05-17 at 09:43 AM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Thariza considers this. She can't really imagine what that must be like...

"Doesn't sound right, to just spring it on people. Create them out of whole cloth, just to send them into battle later." She grew up properly into being a soldier, from a cub to a proper warband member. "I might take you up on that. For now I'll be leaving soon with this here scholar." She points at Ambrosia.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Pixie in the Playground

Tank shrugged.

"It is "the way of my people."

He scoffs, and then smiles.

"Best of luck in your travels, friend."

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    The man stares at the furnace and watches the ingots melt into molten. Without turning, he says "I'm Hamund." He picks up the crucible with his tongs and pours the silver into the mold. When it begins to cool, he pulls a branding iron out of his bag, which has a circle shape. The circle bends into a strange shape by itself and, when placed in the center of the hot amulet, causes a bright yellow flash to come from it, leaving a glowing gold colored rune in the center. Hamund beats the amulet with his hammer until it has a perfect disc shape. "Here you go, when you put it on, it keeps you from experiencing extreme stress, anger, self hatred, and other feelings that come from your past. However, the amulet doesn't remove the feelings completely from you. If you wanted me to embed it into you it might, but that would be excruciatingly painful and possibly fatal. Be careful of taking it off if you feel an episode coming on." After cooling the amulet, Hamund puts it on a chain and hands it to Harold
    Interesting fact about having a fey promise not to kill you, and then have it break it's promise...for better or worse I can't die.

Harold lifts up the thing.

But, while the offer to erase the hell in my head is appreciated, I have to finish this thing off on my own. Thanks, though, Hamund.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Interesting fact about having a fey promise not to kill you, and then have it break it's promise...for better or worse I can't die.

Harold lifts up the thing.

But, while the offer to erase the hell in my head is appreciated, I have to finish this thing off on my own. Thanks, though, Hamund.
    "You're welcome. If you ever come across any heroes that need a blacksmith, don't hesitate to send them my way." says Hamund. He packs up his tools and begins to walk away.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [The Shrine]

Wenomir's only reaction to the dragon's appearance is to involuntarily raise his hand to shield his face from the torrent of water he believes is incoming. Even his inhuman reflexes don't allow for much more in the face of this.

"There's an object, dripping with pure corruption, that we have to safeguard until we know how to destroy it. And the corruption's only weakness is the power of dragons," he says, cutting right to the heart of the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [The Shrine]

Ilpholin eeps as the dragon makes her wet with an unexpected shower. That was quite an entrance, yeesh. Still, Ilpholin has to stand in awe of the magnificent specimen. She's not afraid to let it show on her face either. Most dragons appreciate the subtle flattery. Then again, Nyneve clearly was a step above most dragons.

"The container we have for it," Ilpholin adds, miming out the approximate size of the faulty dragonscale glove so Nyneve knows roughly how much trouble this will be, "is failing and won't survive through the week's end."
    "I see." says Nyneve, voice dripping with amusement over Wenomir's directness. "Yes, I can destroy this corruption if you wish. Such is within my inclinations."
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2018-05-20 at 01:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Bugbear in the Playground

((My apologizes for the huge delay, I've been just been trying to maintain my standard plots while working on a essay. And I thought I had been skipped so it was difficult for me to muster the energy to continue.))

[Bonfire]

Well, this kind of question wasn't too strange in the nexus... "It's a trading tool that has a global recognition. Imagine a simple piece of metal that everyone would want to trade with you, providing you have enough of it of course. It makes trade easier, and that in turn also make great to use as payment for services as well." She, like most of her kind, had a deep understanding of these things...

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Bonfire

"Intriguing. I will require no such resource." Alewer doesn't really get it. He'll have to look into it later.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

[The Shrine]

Wenomir holds out the contained to Nyneve, holding it through the dragonscale glove. Let's hope she can indeed neutralize it, or at least contain it enough for them to keep it safe.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Shrine]

Ilpholin watches skeptically, but quietly. If they didn't require a volcano for this, she would be generally disappointed, but reportedly dragon's breath is supposed to be hotter. Well regardless, she is in favor of attempting to destroy it in whatever fashion. If you never try, you'll never succeed. Can a dead god finally be put to rest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #255

Bonfire

Troublesome. "Perhaps I can provide something else then? Is there something you would like to have in exchange?" She asks.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

Bonfire

Why is this woman so insistent on giving him something? Alewer offered his services without the expectation of payment. "No, no, doing good is its own reward."

My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #257

Bonfire

Ambrosia raises an eyebrow, a glint of suspicion in her eyes. Yet then she simply smiles. "Very well then, you are welcome to tag along then."

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Bonfire

"Thank you." Alewer gives a polite nod.

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #259

Bonfire

"Alright, now..." The scholar reaches into her satchel and pulls out a map over seaside which she puts on the table. "The village we're going to is located here, to get there simply take the boat from here or travel there by your own power. But I will recommend simply taking the boat, even if it costs money. Seaside can be a dangerous place."

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Bonfire

Alewer reads the map and notes key landmarks. "I will be able to transport myself. When should I meet you there?"

My Nexus characters

21. - Top - End - #261

Bonfire

"Where the boat stops at the island would work. So I will meet you there then?" The scholar asks.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Bonfire

"Yes. If I don't make it, look for the trail of ice." Alewer will be there.

My Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #263

Bonfire

((Wolfy will post in Seaside for the plot.))

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

[Forge]

At another time than the expedition to Seaside, Thariza can be seen there, working. She seems to be making something small and delicate, and her features are screwed up in concentration.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Forge]

Thariza may get the sense that someone is watching her, or more precisely whatever she's working on. Which is true, as it happens.
    Although no one seems to be looking her way. At one of the other forges, a winged goblin is idly hammering some fasteners into place, but she seems absorbed by her work.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

[Forge]

Thariza raises her head, looking around. Her ears flick and her nose twitches. Was someone... she goes back to work, but she's on alert now, trying to get to the bottom of this feeling, even as she painstakingly shapes what looks like an amulet.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Forge]

The feeling is not constant. When she looks around, for example, it goes away. It's only when she focuses on the amulet that Thariza can sense anything unusual.
    Adventurers in need of new or repaired equipment go here and there, everything goes along as usual.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

[Forge]

Thariza decides that she's hardly in any danger in the Hearth, so she goes back to making her amulet. It's nothing very complicated, but she's not used to such precise work, so it's slow going. She'll ignore the feeling and keep working until it's done.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

[Village of Avalon]

A portal of red mist opens several feet above the ground and disgorges a single figure before disappearing again. The figure lands hard on the street, and lays there unmoving. He's dressed in a Roman legionaire's armor, with a gladius by his side. A heavy bow and quiver are slung over his shoulder. He lets out a groan, showing he's still alive, but doesn't get up.

((Interaction wanted!))
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

Avalon

Someone runs to the injured warrior's side. A lizardman carrying a pack laden with gear as well as a battleaxe, shield, and arbalest bends down next to the legionairre. A pair of black goggles with green lenses are pushed up above his eyes. He extends a hand. "I heal you?"

My Nexus characters