New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Hybrid Paladin attacks and warlock curse

Hi all. Is there a way to apply warlocks curse to paladin attacks (for my hybrid Paladin|Warlock). Now mid Paragon so too late to change PP, besides, I love my Evermeet warlock ability to be invisible after using my move action to teleport.
    I love playing in a party with a couple of power-gamers, it frees me up to be Elan!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Hybrid Paladin attacks and warlock curse

As I recall no but what you can do is choose immediate interrupt/reaction paladin attacks and that way you can get you paladin attack powers but they do not prevent you from getting curse damage on your turn since you can use your action to use warlock attacks (I like hellish rebuke with this combo).
    A vestige for me "Pyro火gnus Friend of Meepo" by Zaydos.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...5&postcount=26

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Unfortunately there's no way to apply your Warlock's extra damages on your Paladin's attack. (or I missed something)
    My dices'bucket is ready

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

As others have said, your Paladin attack power(s) should fall into one of two categories:

1) Immediate actions (Price of Cowardice is nice here)
    2) Things that mass-sanction (Valorous Smite and Castigating Strike on the Encounter side, Majestic Halo and Knight's Defiance on the Daily side)

Other Standard actions should generally be Warlock powers. Presuming that you have Eldritch Strike, any way to get MBAs is also useful, even off turn- for example, Battlefield Awareness as an MC feat.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

As I recall I used to have all immediate action encounter attack powers on my hybrid warlock|paladin and then my at will for the paladin side was virtuous strike (mba) while hellish rebuke was my go to at will attack. I then multiclassed fighter for that knight of avernus paragon path. That gave me multiple ways to punish enemies for attacking me or attacking others. It was vicious the only problem was that you had to spend your minor action and move action on getting your curse and divine challenge and so range was also an issue but if you got it set up it was nasty.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MeeposFire View Post
    As I recall I used to have all immediate action encounter attack powers on my hybrid warlock|paladin and then my at will for the paladin side was virtuous strike (mba) while hellish rebuke was my go to at will attack. I then multiclassed fighter for that knight of avernus paragon path. That gave me multiple ways to punish enemies for attacking me or attacking others. It was vicious the only problem was that you had to spend your minor action and move action on getting your curse and divine challenge and so range was also an issue but if you got it set up it was nasty.
    That's another way to do it, and works nicely for heroic. At level 11 you can retrain Hellish Rebuke to Eldritch Strike and take Twofold Pact for Infernal, which gives you back Hellish Rebuke. Then use Bloodied Boon and Rod of Corruption to have nearly everything cursed quickly.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by masteraleph View Post
    That's another way to do it, and works nicely for heroic. At level 11 you can retrain Hellish Rebuke to Eldritch Strike and take Twofold Pact for Infernal, which gives you back Hellish Rebuke. Then use Bloodied Boon and Rod of Corruption to have nearly everything cursed quickly.
    I do remember using twofold pact but I think I took eldritch blast that way I would ahve a MBA and a RBA for ultimate flexibility.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm currently using Eldritch Strike as my main MBA. I'd love to be able to use eldrich blast as a ranged attack but then my mba/main melee attack wouldn't have the impact of my curse (and I need that stick to make me sticky).
    I love playing in a party with a couple of power-gamers, it frees me up to be Elan!