New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Dark Shadow's Surprisingly Well-Lit Random Banter #217

As someone who has embedded images turned off, I can tell Teddy's posts without looking at the username, by seeing imgur links peppered around a post where emoticons would usually go.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

I just about choked on my own bile earlier this morning, I think
    I woke up at 4 and just could not breath
    felt an intense pressure on my throat, sat up, nothing was helping
    eventually managed to do some sort of quasi vomit cough thing that felt like it "broke" my throat
    spent 30 minutes recovering from this before going back to bed

So yeay that's how my day started how you all?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Geez Zodi...
    That sounds terrible. Hopefully it's just a one time thing, but you might want to consider seeing a medical professional. Either way, I'm glad that you seem to be more okay right now, but that seems like an incredibly scary thing to go through, especially upon just waking up.

(Is it bad that, because of the way you'd put in line breaks, I looked for a poem in it?)
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    eventually managed to do some sort of quasi vomit cough thing that felt like it "broke" my throat

If we were in Kamigawa I would diagnose it as such:

But more seriously, could it be something you ate? Seconding that you might want to get it checked out because woke up unable to breathe is better than not waking up unable to breathe. Just worried for you is all.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Wow, crazy day.

The used copper pot still we ordered for testing purposes finally arrived, so we can finally start with testing out intending flagship product. A huge step forward.

It´s strange enough when you´re german, meeting with some japanese experts and talk about the fine points of scottish whiskey and how you do in-house blending.

The timing amuses me, because following a whim, I asked the state about conditions to acquire a former Nazi-era bomber factory and today, they answered that they´re open to negotiations.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

ZOOZIEMUNCH! DON'T DIE!

... I feel oddly weirded out how I really like the Glee version of In Your Eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

7. - Top - End - #37

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Geez Zodi...
    That sounds terrible. Hopefully it's just a one time thing, but you might want to consider seeing a medical professional. Either way, I'm glad that you seem to be more okay right now, but that seems like an incredibly scary thing to go through, especially upon just waking up.

(Is it bad that, because of the way you'd put in line breaks, I looked for a poem in it?)
    This has happened before, but less dramatic and awful, so I'll consider getting it looked at when I have time. I do know if it happens again I'm stopping everything and getting it checked out because I've had some issues with like, digestion and **** for awhile actually, and I don't want this to be a recurring problem. Getting hiccups shouldn't be a 70% danger warning of throwing up every time I hiccup.

The line breaks are because I directly ripped it from the chat I said it in. A poem about my horrible vomy-vom vomit is hilarious though.

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If we were in Kamigawa I would diagnose it as such:

But more seriously, could it be something you ate? Seconding that you might want to get it checked out because woke up unable to breathe is better than not waking up unable to breathe. Just worried for you is all.
    I don't think it's something I ate but my Mom has a slowly growing sneaking suspicion I might be allergic to gluten or something, subtly, and that would be awful. I appreciate it and will look into it. I should note I would probably be able to breath through my nose if I THOUGHT of doing that, but it was four in the morning and it felt like my entire throat felt blocked so the panic happened.

But yeah no I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    ZOOZIEMUNCH! DON'T DIE!

... I feel oddly weirded out how I really like the Glee version of In Your Eyes.
    I won't die! I'm invincible! *poses, secretly throws up in my mouth due to reflux issues*

I'd say yes outright because Glee feels really bad to me in general, but to each their own.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

This has happened before, but less dramatic and awful, so I'll consider getting it looked at when I have time. I do know if it happens again I'm stopping everything and getting it checked out because I've had some issues with like, digestion and **** for awhile actually, and I don't want this to be a recurring problem. Getting hiccups shouldn't be a 70% danger warning of throwing up every time I hiccup.
    If it's happened before, yeah, you should try and get it looked at sooner, rather than later. Take advantage of our healthcare system!

The line breaks are because I directly ripped it from the chat I said it in. A poem about my horrible vomy-vom vomit is hilarious though.
    Ah, I see. Well, everyone should try and deliver all terrible news in prose in the future.

I won't die! I'm invincible! *poses, secretly throws up in my mouth due to reflux issues*
    And if you do die, you'll just reload your last save and try again, talk to your life editor, and pretend it never happened.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

9. - Top - End - #39

I have enough pent up emotional hell **** that if I die I'm deffo becoming a ghost if those exist.

In lighter news, if it turns out I'm mildly allergic to gluten (or god bless, chocolate) it'll mean that we HAVE to have food in the house, because otherwise I literally cannot eat because there's no safe food for me. So that's a positive?
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2017-08-03 at 05:32 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

I have enough pent up emotional hell **** that if I die I'm deffo becoming a ghost if those exist.
    The friendly kind, the mischievous kind, or the really, really angry kind?

In lighter news, if it turns out I'm mildly allergic to gluten (or god bless, chocolate) it'll mean that we HAVE to have food in the house, because otherwise I literally cannot eat because there's no safe food for me. So that's a positive?
    ...good to know that you can see the lighter side of that.

11. - Top - End - #41

The friendly kind, the mischievous kind, or the really, really angry kind?

...good to know that you can see the lighter side of that.
    Right you weren't here way way back when during the great Zodi food shortage of 20whatever. Mom's a very busy lady and I wasn't really able to buy food at the time since I didn't have any disposible income, and she refused to give money to me so I could go get it because she really wanted to make it up to me. Things have changed, in so much as I have monies now.

Ah, those were the days.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Right you weren't here way way back when
    Nope, but I've found out over time that I'm apparently pretty good at somehow inserting myself into peoples' memories from before I arrive in a community.

during the great Zodi food shortage of 20whatever. Mom's a very busy lady and I wasn't really able to buy food at the time since I didn't have any disposible income, and she refused to give money to me so I could go get it because she really wanted to make it up to me. Things have changed, in so much as I have monies now.

Ah, those were the days.
    Wait, she wanted to make up you not having food... by not giving you money for food?

I don't... what? I'm sorry, Zodi, but, from what I hear of the rest of your family, they seem to work off the strangest logic...

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    As someone who has embedded images turned off, I can tell Teddy's posts without looking at the username, by seeing imgur links peppered around a post where emoticons would usually go.
    If I could get the forum software to accept custom markup for my own emoticons, I would do that. Alas, I'm not Rawhide.

Bile is supposed to taste really disgusting, beyond regular vomit. Was this also the case?

I don't think it's something I ate but my Mom has a slowly growing sneaking suspicion I might be allergic to gluten or something [...]
    Sounds like a good time to get in touch with the medical system. Allergies shouldn't be self-diagnosed.

ION:
    Writing bug reports is fun! It's like debugging, only you get to quit as soon as it gets boring and write a report for someone else to pick up the burden from that spot. Given, it's only really rewarding when your bug reports result in anything, but the Ashes of Erebus programmer seems to be quite prolific and has been marking off bugs at almost the same rate as I'm reporting them (given, most of those are just modifying one XML tag, and half of the time I've already pinned down where exactly the problem resides, but I'm still impressed).
    Last edited by Teddy; 2017-08-04 at 05:23 AM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44

Nope, but I've found out over time that I'm apparently pretty good at somehow inserting myself into peoples' memories from before I arrive in a community.

Wait, she wanted to make up you not having food... by not giving you money for food?

I don't... what? I'm sorry, Zodi, but, from what I hear of the rest of your family, they seem to work off the strangest logic...
    To clarify, she wanted to buy the food herself to prove she could do it.

Though yes my family in general does have some issues with regard to doing of things, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post

Bile is supposed to taste really disgusting, beyond regular vomit. Was this also the case?

Sounds like a good time to get in touch with the medical system. Allergies shouldn't be self-diagnosed.
    It did not have any taste to it that I can recall.

I know, and we're not self diagnosing it, we ARE going to go get it looked at and stuff. We're just theorizing what it COULD be.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

To clarify, she wanted to buy the food herself to prove she could do it.
    Ah, okay. I understand that. Although, my parents are more the type to, on the one hand say "You need to be more self-sufficient", and on the other "You're doing it all wrong, do it this way instead".

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

*remembers the Zodi's food shortage incident*

It honestly feels like it wasn't that long ago, but holy crap it's been years. 2013? 2014? It's either one of those. I'm in denial of how fast time seems to move on as an adult.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Today I hang out with my friend from Puerto Rico and we play Super Smash Bros 3DS . He beat me 5-7 times using different characters. I guess tiers doesn't matter.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

It honestly feels like it wasn't that long ago, but holy crap it's been years. 2013? 2014? It's either one of those. I'm in denial of how fast time seems to move on as an adult.
    It only gets worse.

So far, anyway =/
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

19. - Top - End - #49

God, I know what you mean. I'm TWENTY FIVE AAAAAH.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

I'm going to be 26 in two months and four days.

And it's going to feel like a week tops when I'm done, I can tell.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    It only gets worse.

So far, anyway =/
    I'm experiencing a weird version of that, where time is both moving fast and slow, depending on what it relates to... I imagine it'll snap permanently to "way too fast" as soon as I'm done my degree, though, and am catapulted into "oh god, I'm really, truly, properly an adult now" territory, instead of the pseudo-adult "it's fine, I'm still technically in school" I still feel I am.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Settle down, children...

But seriously, I'm hitting the adult realization that there is this thing called money, and it needs to do more than just meet my immediate expenses.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    Settle down, children...

But seriously, I'm hitting the adult realization that there is this thing called money, and it needs to do more than just meet my immediate expenses.
    Goo goo gaga!

Yeah, money. That's a thing. I can't wait to start paying back my student loan.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

I can't wait to start paying back my student loan.
    I thought you were European.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    I thought you were European.
    Believe it or not, even Europeans have student loans.you know, even if there's no uni fees, living is still a cost even with support from the state in the case of Finland
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2017-08-05 at 11:05 AM.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

I keep getting out of context PMs from people I don't know.

Often just quotes from threads I haven't posted in, with gibberish subject lines.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, money. That's a thing. I can't wait to start paying back my student loan.
    I'm fortunate in that, so far, I've managed to avoid having to take out student loans. I'm hoping that I can manage to continue that state of affairs...
    (I'm also very thankful that my university's location allows me to still live at home.)

Hopefully repaying them ends up being relatively painless...

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

I'm fortunate in that, so far, I've managed to avoid having to take out student loans. I'm hoping that I can manage to continue that state of affairs...
    (I'm also very thankful that my university's location allows me to still live at home.)

Hopefully repaying them ends up being relatively painless...
    Vast majority of the loan was spent when I lived abroad. I travelled between Finland and Scotland, rent was much more expensive in Glasgow (it was out of choice too, I wanted to live in a convenient walking distance from uni). Moving back to Finland took adjusting, so first year of uni I took another batch of student loan.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Believe it or not, even Europeans have student loans.you know, even if there's no uni fees, living is still a cost even with support from the state in the case of Finland
    I thought those were just "loans" not "student loans" even if you do happen to be a student.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

30. - Top - End - #60

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    I thought those were just "loans" not "student loans" even if you do happen to be a student.
    Can't speak for FinnLassie, but in the UK those are most definitely student loans--you get them purely to pay your way through university, the interest rate is generally very low, and you don't even have to start paying it back until your income gets above a certain level.