New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle and Dragons in the Playground XVIII - The meta changes, but waifus are for

A few questions looking for suggestions:
    Susano #2: Demon Slayer, Awoken or Reincarnated?
    Awoken Tsukuyomi: Reincarnated #2 or stay Awoken? I have #3 that could be Awoken.
    Tsubaki #1 and #2: both R/Y or both R or one of each? Similar problem with Balboa (G/B or G).
    4(!!) Indra Dragons. I suppose I could sell the unevo'd one but leaves 3 with +'s or Awakenings.

Shiva: How many Awoken / Reincarnations are enough? I think I have 3 Shivas.

Has anyone tried the new Ronia evo or has it made it stateside yet?
    Professional assassination is the highest form of public service. -- Chiun
    My PadHerder: https://www.padherder.com/user/NukedDuck/
    FFRK FC: qZaG

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle and Dragons in the Playground XVIII - The meta changes, but waifus are for

So the new Norn and Sonia evolutions are out, and it seems like they all lost their RCV boosts, which is going to hurt the Sonias especially bad since attacks, physical, and dragons all suck at RCV. Blue should do pretty good though.

I think I've got spares of most of them around, so I'll give some a try.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu B. Nikto View Post
    A few questions looking for suggestions:
    Susano #2: Demon Slayer, Awoken or Reincarnated?
    Reincarnated is the best if you have 16m extra XP laying around.

Tsubaki #1 and #2: both R/Y or both R or one of each?
    I think Dragon Slayer Tsubaki is fantastic. The other one ... well, do you need her as a lead? If not, more dragon killers.

I don't know about the rest.

The new Norn uvos are great. Funny enough I didn't have some of the evo mats for them. Hah.

I threw my Verdandi onto my Kushi team in place of one of the Hakus. It's good to have a way to make heal orbs, hah.
    PAD - 357,549,260

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    So the new Norn and Sonia evolutions are out, and it seems like they all lost their RCV boosts, which is going to hurt the Sonias especially bad since attacks, physical, and dragons all suck at RCV. Blue should do pretty good though.

I think I've got spares of most of them around, so I'll give some a try.
    I actually think new Urd is a really good leader. Functionally similar to ult Krishna, much easier to execute, comes with the oh so beautiful follow up attack awakening for solving resolve problems.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2017-08-17 at 01:45 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Well it turns out Urd and RSonia are the only two I had extras of. Switching others is clearly possible, just have to look closer first. But I'm currently missing about 8 dub-rubylits to get all of my various evolutions done. It is of course the only dub that I'm short on.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, angelfest.

Ariel #2
    Famiel #1
    Krishna #1
    Sumire #3
    Sherias #3 and 4

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Who do I have to kill to get Grida to invade?

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Who do I have to kill to get Grida to invade?
    Run the one with teams of 4 or less, I think the rate is a tad higher.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Run the one with teams of 4 or less, I think the rate is a tad higher.
    That's what I've been doing, every time the dungeon has shown up. She hasn't invaded ONCE.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

That's what I've been doing, every time the dungeon has shown up. She hasn't invaded ONCE.
    I'm sorry. My experience is that the rate is about 1 in 20. Which is low enough that you can have a pretty bad streak, especially since it's 50 stamina. Do you think you've done more than 40 runs?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

I'm sorry. My experience is that the rate is about 1 in 20. Which is low enough that you can have a pretty bad streak, especially since it's 50 stamina. Do you think you've done more than 40 runs?
    As of the most recent time, no. Total, most certainly.

EDIT: For the record, I ran the dungeon 15 times just TODAY.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2017-08-26 at 01:10 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

Woot! Barring some insanely catastrophic bad luck, I have finally gotten the "Have a ranking of 40% or less" in a rank dungeon for the mythic quest set :). 123k or so, I'm at 31.5%. If I thought I could really improve on that I'd try to get into top 30%, but that was my best run out of like 50 or so, one where nothing went wrong, and luck was on my side the entire time. Averaged 7.5 combos, and finished with 158 seconds left on the clock.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

I had a good day on hard dungeons today. Got paired up with a Yog-Sothoth player in Cosmic Trinity and we managed to down Nyarlathotep. Then had a good run with some relatively lucky fields on Legendary Skyrealm and managed to beat Valten with Ra dragon (and one stone, as it turned out, I didn't do quite enough damage quickly enough, but he doesn't heal himself if he kills you on turn 10).
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I see I won't be going any further in the Heretic's set of dungeons. Managed to get up to the 7th or 8th floor(the one with the 7x6 board). Dude has 300mil HP, and hits like a damn truck. I have nothing in my arsenal that can take something like that out, especially given the fact he has a 30mil damage absorb shield(otherwise I could possibly take my Vishnu team with my Clever egg Dragon, Bracchus, whom has a 5x dmg boost for wood attacks, I've dished out 50mil dmg a person before with that, and that was without a 7x6 board). Managed to get him to...roughly 60% HP, but with all my skills locked from beyond that point it was entirely over, especially given how the entire board is locked(I was using my D.Athena team that has Yuma Yi on it, and he unlocks the entire board).

Quite a shame too, seeing as how the final floor reward is a beautiful Tri-Ancient mask thingie. Oh well, at least I got the Time Extension and Machine Killer tamadra's. Out of curiosity, how much time does this particular Time-Ext tamadra give? Normally it's like 0.1seconds or something, but this one takes up two spaces, so I'm imagining it's at least like 0.3seconds, lol(It would be a bit trite to make one that takes up two spots and only gives 0.2).

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Woot! Barring some insanely catastrophic bad luck, I have finally gotten the "Have a ranking of 40% or less" in a rank dungeon for the mythic quest set :). 123k or so, I'm at 31.5%. If I thought I could really improve on that I'd try to get into top 30%, but that was my best run out of like 50 or so, one where nothing went wrong, and luck was on my side the entire time. Averaged 7.5 combos, and finished with 158 seconds left on the clock.
    I managed to break 30% (at least, as of my last run - hopefully nothing shoved me back under) with significantly worse combo stats. Bringing a spike active to amp up the 'Max damage' category was what pushed it over.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    I managed to break 30% (at least, as of my last run - hopefully nothing shoved me back under) with significantly worse combo stats. Bringing a spike active to amp up the 'Max damage' category was what pushed it over.
    What was the max amount of points you could get from the max damage category(Or was there even a max?). The highest I saw out of all of my runs was 10k exact, which made me think there was a max for it, so I didn't bother bringing any kind of spike.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I see I won't be going any further in the Heretic's set of dungeons. Managed to get up to the 7th or 8th floor(the one with the 7x6 board). Dude has 300mil HP, and hits like a damn truck. I have nothing in my arsenal that can take something like that out, especially given the fact he has a 30mil damage absorb shield(otherwise I could possibly take my Vishnu team with my Clever egg Dragon, Bracchus, whom has a 5x dmg boost for wood attacks, I've dished out 50mil dmg a person before with that, and that was without a 7x6 board). Managed to get him to...roughly 60% HP, but with all my skills locked from beyond that point it was entirely over, especially given how the entire board is locked(I was using my D.Athena team that has Yuma Yi on it, and he unlocks the entire board).

Quite a shame too, seeing as how the final floor reward is a beautiful Tri-Ancient mask thingie. Oh well, at least I got the Time Extension and Machine Killer tamadra's. Out of curiosity, how much time does this particular Time-Ext tamadra give? Normally it's like 0.1seconds or something, but this one takes up two spaces, so I'm imagining it's at least like 0.3seconds, lol(It would be a bit trite to make one that takes up two spots and only gives 0.2).
    The regular time extend Tamas give you 0.05 seconds, the double slot one gives you 0.12 seconds. So it's worth more than 2 regulars by a little bit.

Anywho, Azathoth is a good check in that dungeon. He's a huge jump in in difficulty, but can be handled alone by some of the better teams. The real trick with him isn't the burst so much as the combination of tankiness and healing. Dark Athena is kind of perfect in that regard because you get a huge field and he's never going to hit you hard enough to kill you or prevent you from healing back up. As long as you make a bunch of combos, you won't run out of needed orbs and you're fine. You do need to burst him at the end though, since he has a low hp damage boost that makes every other thing he does instantly murder you.

More importantly, Azathoth is there because everything after him is about equal to him in difficulty. You can hack the boss of floor 8 a little bit (shout out to the HELLO KITTY collab, Lilith Kuromi dark team all star inherit). Floors 9 and 10 though are just pure numbers games, and demand teams that can just hang around eating hits in the 40k range turn after turn.

Also, I'm very unclear what one ought to do with the special evolution mask. Neither golden Azazel or Jormungandr seem that great to me (I guess Jormungandr Ullr can hit some crazy high numbers if you can manage multiple jammer crosses though), and I don't think special fire Athena is out in the U.S. yet. Also she's a pure glass cannon unlike Dark Athena, though the killer awakenings make her a potentially really nice fire team sub. Also I guess special Hera gets a 30% true gravity, so you could get thre of her and one Indian fire god and one-shot anything.

What was the max amount of points you could get from the max damage category(Or was there even a max?). The highest I saw out of all of my runs was 10k exact, which made me think there was a max for it, so I didn't bother bringing any kind of spike.
    I don't think there's a max, you might have just gotten lucky.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2017-08-30 at 09:10 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

The regular time extend Tamas give you 0.05 seconds, the double slot one gives you 0.12 seconds. So it's worth more than 2 regulars by a little bit.

Anywho, Azathoth is a good check in that dungeon. He's a huge jump in in difficulty, but can be handled alone by some of the better teams. The real trick with him isn't the burst so much as the combination of tankiness and healing. Dark Athena is kind of perfect in that regard because you get a huge field and he's never going to hit you hard enough to kill you or prevent you from healing back up. As long as you make a bunch of combos, you won't run out of needed orbs and you're fine. You do need to burst him at the end though, since he has a low hp damage boost that makes every other thing he does instantly murder you.

More importantly, Azathoth is there because everything after him is about equal to him in difficulty. You can hack the boss of floor 8 a little bit (shout out to the HELLO KITTY collab, Lilith Kuromi dark team all star inherit). Floors 9 and 10 though are just pure numbers games, and demand teams that can just hang around eating hits in the 40k range turn after turn.

Also, I'm very unclear what one ought to do with the special evolution mask. Neither golden Azazel or Jormungandr seem that great to me (I guess Jormungandr Ullr can hit some crazy high numbers if you can manage multiple jammer crosses though), and I don't think special fire Athena is out in the U.S. yet. Also she's a pure glass cannon unlike Dark Athena, though the killer awakenings make her a potentially really nice fire team sub. Also I guess special Hera gets a 30% true gravity, so you could get thre of her and one Indian fire god and one-shot anything.

I don't think there's a max, you might have just gotten lucky.
    Mmm, I tried Azathoth with my D.Athena team, unfortunately I couldn't make squat for combos because I can't see the orbs hardly at all due to the lock symbol being placed over all of them. I mean, I'm playing on a huge tablet(9 inch), but it just screws with my sight really, really badly. I wish there was a way to make them disappear on the orbs so I could see better, then it'd be worth actually trying again.

And, I'd more say "Unlucky" seeing as how seeing that perfect 10,000 for the Max Damage convinced me that was the highest it went, so I never bothered to try for any really high #'s. I could have brought my Clever Egg Dragon, Bracches, for his 5x wood spike and literally quintupled the highest damage I had seen up to that point(Pretty sure when I got 10k points it was around 38-42m damage iirc, and with that 5x spike, I normally see that much per card). That almost certainly would have boosted me into the <30% range, which would have been pretty cool.

Edit: Also, how in the world are people getting 70k+ HP with a D.Athena team? I remade my entire team, made sure EVERYONE is getting the HP boost she provides to Devil/God/whatever types, and all of my guys on that team are all 297'd now, and even with the 15% HP/-300 team cost card, I'm still not even breaking 60k HP.

The only thing I can think of, is people are using one or two Blue primary/dark sub cards, seeing as Water monsters "usually" have extraordinarily high HP, and I'm not doing that(all Dark/Blue").
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2017-08-31 at 12:38 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Edit: Also, how in the world are people getting 70k+ HP with a D.Athena team? I remade my entire team, made sure EVERYONE is getting the HP boost she provides to Devil/God/whatever types, and all of my guys on that team are all 297'd now, and even with the 15% HP/-300 team cost card, I'm still not even breaking 60k HP.

The only thing I can think of, is people are using one or two Blue primary/dark sub cards, seeing as Water monsters "usually" have extraordinarily high HP, and I'm not doing that(all Dark/Blue").
    Mine gets ~68000 with all Dark/whatevers using the +5% HP badge; all except one are using a color-matched Inherit with bonus stats. If I were to change that last monster to a same-color assist it would probably push it over (not going to, that assist is Facet), or using the increased effect/- team cost badge instead. Are all your monsters using Assists, and if they are, are as many of them as possible matched primary color, max level, +297'd themselves for maximum inherited stats?
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2017-08-31 at 08:35 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

I'm getting 70,231. I use Athena, Haku, Loki, Persephone, Anubis. All reincarnated and +297. Athena, Loki, Persephone, and Anubis have dark inherits that give them a few extra stats. Haku has an all stats boost latent and Anubis has a couple hp boost latents.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

So, I'm running Hera Dragon Descended with a Grodin grind team.

See you all next year.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I'm running Hera Dragon Descended with a Grodin grind team.

See you all next year.
    Hey, at least it's not the grind that it used to be going with 2x GrOdin leads. Back in the day, when I used a GrOdin team to take on the Hera Descended dungeon, he literally ONLY gave the damage reduction. Nowadays he at least gives a boost to wood attack via linked orbs or whatever. It may be slow, but it's not mind-numbingly slow like it used to be :)

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, at least it's not the grind that it used to be going with 2x GrOdin leads. Back in the day, when I used a GrOdin team to take on the Hera Descended dungeon, he literally ONLY gave the damage reduction. Nowadays he at least gives a boost to wood attack via linked orbs or whatever. It may be slow, but it's not mind-numbingly slow like it used to be :)
    I think you misread.

Hera DRAGON descended.

I'm grinding my way through a grand total of about 70 million HP when the only way to break 6 digits is with a Grodin active.

Regular Hera I can use an actual team to clear in 2
    minutes. This has already taken 2 and a half hours.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

I think you misread.

Hera DRAGON descended.

I'm grinding my way through a grand total of about 70 million HP when the only way to break 6 digits is with a Grodin active.

Are you at least on the actual Hera dragon?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Are you at least on the actual Hera dragon?
    As of right now, she's at half HP. So, a few more hours and she'll be mine.

Not that I actually need her for anything, I just wanted her because she looks cool.

EDIT: Took like 5 hours, but she's mine.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2017-09-02 at 03:03 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

I think you misread.

Hera DRAGON descended.

No, I didn't misread, I know you said Hera Dragon descended, I was just saying that at least it wasn't the slog it would have been a year or two ago back when GrOdin didn't have an atk modifier. And then I gave a little story about how back when Hera descended(the normal little old Hera) was the big dungeon to get done, I slogged through with a dual GrOdin team, and how it took well over an hour(pretty sure closer to 2) because trying to ping away at all the monsters bit by bit, and using his 50x light attack when it came up every 20 odd turns, is awfully slow :).

TL;DR: Green Odin used to literally just have a damage reduction as his leader skill, and nothing else. Nowadays he has an attack modifer, so while it's still a slog because it's such a low atk modifier, it could be a million times worse :)
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2017-09-02 at 06:03 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

No, I didn't misread, I know you said Hera Dragon descended, I was just saying that at least it wasn't the slog it would have been a year or two ago back when GrOdin didn't have an atk modifier. And then I gave a little story about how back when Hera descended(the normal little old Hera) was the big dungeon to get done, I slogged through with a dual GrOdin team, and how it took well over an hour(pretty sure closer to 2) because trying to ping away at all the monsters bit by bit, and using his 50x light attack when it came up every 20 odd turns, is awfully slow :).

TL;DR: Green Odin used to literally just have a damage reduction as his leader skill, and nothing else. Nowadays he has an attack modifer, so while it's still a slog because it's such a low atk modifier, it could be a million times worse :)
    Ah. I actually had to use an un-ulted Grodin because otherwise there wasn't enough auto-recover. So, it still took forever.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

C10, the one that starts with ultimate evo Izanami (not the September one) is giving me some trouble. Anyone have thoughts for a good team to use? You need to burst 50 million in one turn at the end, but also heal up through Izanami and handle the significant reduction in orb move time from her as well.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

C10, the one that starts with ultimate evo Izanami (not the September one) is giving me some trouble. Anyone have thoughts for a good team to use? You need to burst 50 million in one turn at the end, but also heal up through Izanami and handle the significant reduction in orb move time from her as well.
    Oh yeah, that one was a bear. I think I Anubis/Diablos'd it, but her debuffs hurt. I think I threw a rock at the dungeon, content that I'd get it back when I cleared the rest, because I just wanted to be done with all of that debuff nonsense.

So I'm digging the trading system. So far I've been able to loot spare +eggs from my Alt (aka Sallera's old account), and evolve my Alt's Hunter to Blue. I've also balanced out my Piis somewhat, which is a nice little perk
    PAD - 357,549,260

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry to be a bother, Obryn, but could you update my leads to:

Descended! Leads
    • Ash Phantom Demon of Deliverance, Ilmina (3513)
    • Gazing Moonlight Princess, Tsukuyomi (3418)

Farming Leads
    • Guardian of the Imperial Capital, Athena (3193)
    • Radiant Mechdragon Technician, Julie (3527)

I still need to work on getting Awoken Kushi but I keep slacking off...and I should probably get an Awoken Anubis too... Orz
    I should add something more productive here...