New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle and Dragons in the Playground XVIII - The meta changes, but waifus are for

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    But you need to have pulled Kurama and Hiei for that (or some combination of the other 2.5% chance guys).
    If you click the +, there's a lot you can trade for him, including 6* GFEs you may have dupes of.

I have pulled 5 DKalis and I am currently using 0 of them, so three of them and a dupe DMeta paid the admission.

GungHo is dumb so you may need to reverse some evolutions to trade.

https://mantasticpad.com/2018/05/15/...ng-for-yusuke/

Yusuke is crazy good if you can combo, and his subs are basically "any light that doesn't eat water orbs." His absolute best subs are rare collab pulls with multiple 7c awakenings. For me, I'm using Blue Cotton, Ameno, NY Yomi, and DQXQ. Far from ideal (literally, Ideal is ideal) but solid enough.
    Last edited by obryn; 2018-05-15 at 07:58 PM.
    PAD - 357,549,260

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle and Dragons in the Playground XVIII - The meta changes, but waifus are for

I have enough cards to trade for him, but I unfortunately just recently stepped into the realm of hitting 7 combo's somewhat reliably, so I don't think I'll be getting rid of the cards necessary to get him, as I don't foresee my combo ability going up enough to activate him with any regularity, so I'd just be a dead fish in the water with him too often.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    I have enough cards to trade for him, but I unfortunately just recently stepped into the realm of hitting 7 combo's somewhat reliably, so I don't think I'll be getting rid of the cards necessary to get him, as I don't foresee my combo ability going up enough to activate him with any regularity, so I'd just be a dead fish in the water with him too often.
    Yeah, if you can't 7c reliably, he's not so great. Still tanky, but not strong.
    PAD - 357,549,260

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

I had a midaccount crisis, guys. Went from 2 Yogs, Rodin, and Raijin, to one Yusuke.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jurai View Post
    I had a midaccount crisis, guys. Went from 2 Yogs, Rodin, and Raijin, to one Yusuke.
    Overall a good trade, good sir.
    PAD - 357,549,260

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Day 400 is today, so I got two pulls on God Fest: Paimon and Evil Knight Monster Points Creuse.
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jurai View Post
    Day 400 is today, so I got two pulls on God Fest: Paimon and Evil Knight Monster Points Creuse.
    Nice :)

My GF pulls were terrible, all around. Hooray.
    PAD - 357,549,260

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

You’ve probably seen that I have Yusuke up now. So that’s done. Kinda feels like PAD is nearing its limit though. The expectation with Yusuke is that I’ll combo nearly the whole field every turn. And I can. So...there’s not much left to do.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't think I'm bad, I'm not sure if I can hit 7+ combos every turn, but I'm at least close to that. But it seems like there is so much content that I'm not even close to being able to clear with my teams. I'm not sure what I'm missing, but it seems like the game only has two difficulty types, trivially easy and can't even come close.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    I don't think I'm bad, I'm not sure if I can hit 7+ combos every turn, but I'm at least close to that. But it seems like there is so much content that I'm not even close to being able to clear with my teams. I'm not sure what I'm missing, but it seems like the game only has two difficulty types, trivially easy and can't even come close.
    PAD is set up so that the highest tiers of content require both consistent skillful execution and a team of the best subs available for a few specific leaders capable of doing the clear. For example, Alt Ultimate Arena (currently the hardest dungeon) can be cleared by Rushana, but you also need top quality subs (used in that video are reincarnated Meimei, light lance Odin Dragon, and two copies of Yuna ulted for her multiple time bonuses and 7 combo awakenings). I didn't look at all the inherits, but typically you also need a particular set of skills and extra awakenings as well to make sure you can cover all situations. Also, getting a fully maxed out and evolved Rushana is quite time consuming, since she's not a REM monster and needs a ton of materials to get her set up.

Typically, the dropoff happens because they keep upgrading leader skills to follow along one or two levels of content behind the top tier. So, like, regular Ultimate Arena used to be really hard and basically only Anubis, Ra, and Ra dragon could clear it because none of the reincarnations or better awakenings were out yet. But now a bunch of the reincarnated leaders can do it and it's hard but not that hard to clear it. Ultimate Arena 3 with the radar dragons was similar for a while, with the leaders who could do the damage to bring down something with 100 million hp being pretty small in number, but now with the gemstone princesses and various extremely high damage leads (like Yog, Yusuke, even the new Sonia ults), it's within reach for several teams.

And if you have a leader that was optimized for a tough tier of content, they'll sail through everything easier because PAD tends to move in factors of 10 or thereabouts (i.e. the toughest enemies in the game over time went from around 3-5 million hp, to 30-50 million hp, to 300-500 million hp where we're at now).
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Ultimate Arena 3 with the radar dragons was similar for a while, with the leaders who could do the damage to bring down something with 100 million hp being pretty small in number, but now with the gemstone princesses and various extremely high damage leads (like Yog, Yusuke, even the new Sonia ults), it's within reach for several teams.
    Even more than those, my non reincarnted version of Vishnu can push out 100mil in a single turn fairly easily without a 2.5x multiplier(and I have access to a 5x, though the creature that gives it is pretty meh as a sub itself aside from the 5x). It's the reason I've stuck with Vishnu over the last year or so, he's really damn strong, and really easy to build a team for that can push out ridiculous amounts of damage. And while it doesn't have a lot of HP(39k with another Vishnu lead, or 57k if I grab a Dagda friend), it has pretty decent rcv, and with Reincarnated Susano as a sub I get 3 turns of half damage, and ReSus is pretty powerful damage wise in his own right. And then I also have a regular Susano as my assist on my Vishnu, so I can get 5 more turns of half damage if the fight lasts long enough to the point where his assist skill shows up.

I have a few other leaders I've been toying with and trying to build teams for that can also push out that kind of damage, but I haven't perfect their teams like my Vishnu team(My Vishnu team has amazing synergy, while I can't tackle the toughest stuff, I've been steadily moving forward/upward in terms of what it can do).

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Hexazeon is mine. Now I just need to do Annihilation for the stone and get the Augites.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh yeah that's a hell of a dungeon. I did it back when there was a quest for it. :)
    PAD - 357,549,260

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

I have both an Orpharion and a Deathpharion, go me!

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

This MtG collab is soooo good. I bought stones for the first time in forever, and managed to pull a Jhoira, who's all I really wanted anyways.
    PAD - 357,549,260

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

I can't even imagine what Jiren's stats will be in the next collab...
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

So there's a new Collab now: Persona.

More importantly, they've made a few changes. You can sell monsters you don't want and bank the +'s and reapply them to other monsters. So I sell those +99 slimes and bank +297 (or whatever) which can be applied however I wish, at a gold cost. I could do the same with a +50 Griffin Rider, losing the Griffin Rider but gaining the gold, MPs and +'s it was worth.

Also, you can exchange some monsters for appropriately colored gems to use as evo material.

Example: I'd like to evo Awoken Sun Quan, a large water gem, large fire gem, 2 water jewels and a fire jewel are needed.

To get a large water gem, I can exchange Cruel Frozen Hell Demon, Indigo.
    To get a large fire gem, buh-bye Awoken Hephaestus or Awoken Sphinx.

Tamadras are stackable but baby Tamadras are no longer evolvable. However, 2 baby Tamadra = 1 Tamadra.

Also you can automatically awaken a critter fully instead of feeding it up to 5 Tamadras at a time.
    Professional assassination is the highest form of public service. -- Chiun
    My PadHerder: https://www.padherder.com/user/NukedDuck/
    FFRK FC: qZaG