New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Massimo Incorporated

[Armed Forces HQ- Jacob's Office]

Guinness, Aaron, and Mika are called to Jacob's office. It seems an assignment has come up.
    Last edited by Green Elf; 2017-09-05 at 10:08 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

[AF HQ - Jacob's Office]

Guinness arrives eventually, the dwarf moving at a steady, measured pace. He says nothing upon arrival, merely giving a brief salute before standing aside so as not to be in the way of anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

[AF HQ - Jacob's Office]

Calling Mika might be a problem after all. She got no office or room to call in, but lucky for Jakob she is waiting in front of the Office for some time now.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Green Elf View Post
    [Armed Forces HQ- Jacob's Office]

Guinness, Aaron, and Mika are called to Jacob's office. It seems an assignment has come up.
    Aaron walks in and walks to Guinness's and Mika's side. Although he knows that there must be some formality that he isn't observing, but doesn't care.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [AF HQ - Jacob's Office]

Guinness arrives eventually, the dwarf moving at a steady, measured pace. He says nothing upon arrival, merely giving a brief salute before standing aside so as not to be in the way of anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [AF HQ - Jacob's Office]

Calling Mika might be a problem after all. She got no office or room to call in, but lucky for Jakob she is waiting in front of the Office for some time now.
    Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Aaron walks in and walks to Guinness's and Mika's side. Although he knows that there must be some formality that he isn't observing, but doesn't care.
    Jacob Rancor is seen with black and dark gray full body armor with what seems like some sort of steel plating. No skin is shown and his helmet covers his entire face. He has a high-tech SMG, dual handguns at his side, and on his back a black staff that has glowing blue runes.

He starts by quickly greeting them but then gets straight to the point. "Aaron, Guinness, Mika, I've received a call from a client in the Hunting Grounds. Our client, Mark Clipper, a very wealthy man, says there is a creature killing people in their camp. The creature seems to be some sort of werewolf, but is larger, and can somehow move from one place to the other without people even noticing. We will find this creature and kill it. Each of you are currently being offered 1,500 gold pieces, but as you should know, everything is negotiable. This is a fairly high risk mission if it is as described. I'd like to have Aaron lead if he can." He then listens for any questions or comments.
    Last edited by Green Elf; 2017-09-06 at 10:37 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

[AF HQ - Jacob's Office]

Guinness lacks heavy weaponry or armor, only visibly sporting a wicked looking ritual dagger. "Is it actually a wolf or just a furry and feral? I could do it for 1500 plus expenses. If I have to get silver bullets for this thing, I'd prefer to not pay out of my cut." Silver weapons aren't cheap. The prices have gone up lately too, with all the demons vulnerable to silver rumors the Nexus has been floating about. Guinness doesn't know what kind of weird demons those are, but they can't be worth contracting with.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #37

[AF HQ - Jacob's Office]

Mika also leaks weapons and armor. she is dressed in a business suit. She doesn't look like a fighter at all.
    As she hears Jakob out she tilts her head in confusion.

"Sir? Isn't that the whole prupose of the hunting grounds, the hunting down of a creature? Also shouldn't those guys be resurected? I heared that you can't die there. And I'm not sure, but your asking me to go out and assisst in the hunting?"

That's not really what she was told about that job. Sure there could be a field test if she developed something, but on her first day?

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Jacob Rancor is seen with black and dark gray full body armor with what seems like some sort of steel plating. No skin is shown and his helmet covers his entire face. He has a high-tech SMG, dual handguns at his side, and on his back a black staff that has glowing blue runes.

He starts by quickly greeting them but then gets straight to the point. "Aaron, Guinness, Mika, I've received a call from a client in the Hunting Grounds. Our client, Mark Clipper, a very wealthy man, says there is a creature killing people in their camp. The creature seems to be some sort of werewolf, but is larger, and can somehow move from one place to the other without people even noticing. We will find this creature and kill it. Each of you are currently being offered 1,500 gold pieces, but as you should know, everything is negotiable. This is a fairly high risk mission if it is as described. I'd like to have Aaron lead if he can." He then listens for any questions or comments.
    [AF HQ - Jacob's Office]

Guinness lacks heavy weaponry or armor, only visibly sporting a wicked looking ritual dagger. "Is it actually a wolf or just a furry and feral? I could do it for 1500 plus expenses. If I have to get silver bullets for this thing, I'd prefer to not pay out of my cut." Silver weapons aren't cheap. The prices have gone up lately too, with all the demons vulnerable to silver rumors the Nexus has been floating about. Guinness doesn't know what kind of weird demons those are, but they can't be worth contracting with.
    [AF HQ - Jacob's Office]

Mika also leaks weapons and armor. she is dressed in a business suit. She doesn't look like a fighter at all.

"Sir? Isn't that the whole prupose of the hunting grounds, the hunting down of a creature? Also shouldn't those guys be resurected? I heared that you can't die there. And I'm not sure, but your asking me to go out and assisst in the hunting?"

That's not really what she was told about that job. Sure there could be a field test if she developed something, but on her first day?
    Aaron says "Take it easy with putting me in a position of leadership, I'm just a sniper. I'll also do it, provided you give me the silver bullets needed." He then addresses Mika by saying "I read up on the place in my spare time in the company files. The very company you work for claims that they actually killed a hunter there once. I don't know how true it is, but I could go fetch you guys the dossier if you want."
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[AF HQ - Jacob's Office]

[AF HQ - Jacob's Office]

Aaron says "Take it easy with putting me in a position of leadership, I'm just a sniper. I'll also do it, provided you give me the silver bullets needed." He then addresses Mika by saying "I read up on the place in my spare time in the company files. The very company you work for claims that they actually killed a hunter there once. I don't know how true it is, but I could go fetch you guys the dossier if you want."
    Jacob has answers to all of these things. "All needed materials will be provided for you to use and any money is completely your own so you don't need to worry about expenses, although the company will decide what is necessary for a mission. This gear will be greatly influenced by your equipment of choice."

"Mika, the decision to go is completely yours, and you would not have to be in a fighting position. You could always run tests do the others know what course of action to take."

"Aaron, only those who prove themselves in the hunting grounds are resurrected by the goddess. Anyone considered a weakling or not a true hunter are not resurrected. I believe this should lower the risk for you. If you don't want to take leadership I will go in too and lead the group, although I have some work here to do and would prefer to stay back."
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

[AF HQ - Jacob's Office]

"I've just got this," Guinness says, pulling out a concealed pistol and offering it over carefully to Jacob to allow him to examine the make and model. So he can get the right size bullets and all that. "I prefer to let my summons do the heavy lifting." Scouting and intelligence were his speciality because summoning made it that much easier, but they weren't bad in a scrap either.

The dwarf has no particular comment as to leadership. Aaron made rank for a reason, he'll probably be fine at leading.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

11. - Top - End - #41

[AF HQ - Jacob's Office]

Mika looks confused at AAron. What does he mean with "The very company you work for"? Aren't they both working for the same company. massimo?
    "Excuse me, but I think I don't get what you mean. What company do yu speak of? You know we both work here."

Then she turns to Jakob. For her it appears he is less informed then she thought. Well, chaos of a new company she guess.
    "If I got anything to test, but it is my first day here and I was waiting half a day in front of your office."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Jacob has answers to all of these things. "All needed materials will be provided for you to use and any money is completely your own so you don't need to worry about expenses, although the company will decide what is necessary for a mission. This gear will be greatly influenced by your equipment of choice."

"Mika, the decision to go is completely yours, and you would not have to be in a fighting position. You could always run tests do the others know what course of action to take."

"Aaron, only those who prove themselves in the hunting grounds are resurrected by the goddess. Anyone considered a weakling or not a true hunter are not resurrected. I believe this should lower the risk for you. If you don't want to take leadership I will go in too and lead the group, although I have some work here to do and would prefer to stay back."
    [AF HQ - Jacob's Office]

"I've just got this," Guinness says, pulling out a concealed pistol and offering it over carefully to Jacob to allow him to examine the make and model. So he can get the right size bullets and all that. "I prefer to let my summons do the heavy lifting." Scouting and intelligence were his speciality because summoning made it that much easier, but they weren't bad in a scrap either.

The dwarf has no particular comment as to leadership. Aaron made rank for a reason, he'll probably be fine at leading.
    [AF HQ - Jacob's Office]

Mika looks confused at AAron. What does he mean with "The very company you work for"? Aren't they both working for the same company. massimo?
    "Excuse me, but I think I don't get what you mean. What company do yu speak of? You know we both work here."

Then she turns to Jakob. For her it appears he is less informed then she thought. Well, chaos of a new company she guess.
    "If I got anything to test, but it is my first day here and I was waiting half a day in front of your office."
    Aaron says "If you want me to lead the op, I guess I could do it. But don't expect me to lead the army in to battle. I'm going to be sitting in a place where no one else can see me." He then addresses Mika by saying "I'm a mercenary, sweetheart. Any client to me is one bribe away from being a Target. The only real boss I have is the paycheck. Sure I'd be a whistle blower on my own company if it was profitable, and these guys know that too."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[AF HQ - Jacob's Office]

Jacob takes the handgun and inspects it. "We'll have some ammo for you shortly. As for you Mika, I'll take that as staying back. It's fine with me. Less people I have to pay. I'm sorry you were kept waiting." He then turns to Aaron. "You are completely right about that, but I assure you that this business is very profitable. You will all be given earpieces for communication so you can give orders from the back. I'm sure you'll be able to see the area clearly as well." If that's all, I'll provide your gear and transport you to the hunting grounds."
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

[AF HQ - Jacob's Office]

"Thank you. I'm good to go sir," Guinness states, about as ready as he thinks he's ever going to be.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

[AF HQ - Jacob's Office]

Jacob takes the handgun and inspects it. "We'll have some ammo for you shortly. As for you Mika, I'll take that as staying back. It's fine with me. Less people I have to pay. I'm sorry you were kept waiting." He then turns to Aaron. "You are completely right about that, but I assure you that this business is very profitable. You will all be given earpieces for communication so you can give orders from the back. I'm sure you'll be able to see the area clearly as well." If that's all, I'll provide your gear and transport you to the hunting grounds."
    Aaron says "I'm ready for deployment. Just tell me where I need to go."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[AF HQ - Jacob's Office]

"Thank you. I'm good to go sir," Guinness states, about as ready as he thinks he's ever going to be.
    Aaron says "I'm ready for deployment. Just tell me where I need to go."
    "You two will be transported there and back." Jacob then leaves and later comes back with the ammo they requested. All desired equipment is fully met. (For Aaron 10 silver .408 CheyTac rounds and 20 silver .308 Winchester rounds. For Guinness 4 magazines of silver bullets for his pistol.)

They are then transported to the hunting grounds. ((Scene: Ravaged Camp))
    Last edited by Green Elf; 2017-09-10 at 12:08 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

[AF HQ - Jacob's Office]

"I think we have to talk about the job agreement." Mia says as the others get their ammo.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[AF HQ - Jacob's Office]

"I think we have to talk about the job agreement." Mia says as the others get their ammo.
    Jacob replies. "You want a job in chemistry? If you want to be in a nice office or something of the sort, you can get a job in the Main Office. I could try to get you a position there. If you want to be a more exciting and paying, but risky job, you can have a job here."

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

19. - Top - End - #49

[AF HQ - Jacob's Office]

Mika tilts her head aagain in confusion.

"Sir, I was hired by you for a chemestry job. at least that is what we talked about. I got no combat experience to help you out outside without beeing a burden."
    Mika says. "since you offer such different pworkplaces I would know what would I do in each of them? I mean working in the office can be more then making coffee and the lab would need a task too."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[AF HQ - Jacob's Office]

Mika tilts her head aagain in confusion.

"Sir, I was hired by you for a chemestry job. at least that is what we talked about. I got no combat experience to help you out outside without beeing a burden."
    Mika says. "since you offer such different pworkplaces I would know what would I do in each of them? I mean working in the office can be more then making coffee and the lab would need a task too."
    Jacob essentially repeats his statement. "We can give you a steady job with an office over at the Main Office that pays well. Or you could work here with a usually personal lab and even higher pay, but it would involve dangerous situations and outside operations."

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

21. - Top - End - #51

[AF HQ - Jacob's Office]

((..My main intention with this question was, what would I as a player do there? would I take the jobs or so? Outside is clear. this char is not combat orientated.))

Mia sights.

"I go into the lab, but I can't promise much about outside operations. I'm no adventurer after all."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Research Lab]

Mika is called into the lab. Apparently it's the first big assignment.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

23. - Top - End - #53

[Research Lab]

Some time has passed since the meeting in the office. Mika has started working here, but it's the first time she got called. She will appear in the lab as soon as possible, wearing a labcoat with a hile for heit tail.

"Hello." she greets whoever she meets. "How can I help you?"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Research Lab]

Some time has passed since the meeting in the office. Mika has started working here, but it's the first time she got called. She will appear in the lab as soon as possible, wearing a labcoat with a hile for heit tail.

"Hello." she greets whoever she meets. "How can I help you?"
    The man is an average height, wears a gray uniform with a matching hat, signifying he is a weapons development manager. He sets a shiny metal box, about 40 cm wide, long, and tall, on the desk. He opens the box, revealing a glowing blue object in it. The object has so much energy, she can feel it emitting off of it.

"Hello, Mika. We have recently discovered a rare power source, obviously this. I want you to find the composition of this so we can replicate it. Also, We may be able to trace the object to an original source. Can you do that?"

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

25. - Top - End - #55

[Research Lab]

Mika looks at the object. Her hand slowly slipping closer. She stops as she notice her hairs going up from the emitting energy.

"Sure." she repleis. her hadn turns back and she heads for a desk to make space for the new object.
    "Could you tell me more about it? Like where you got it and other things? The more we know the better. With those informations I may be able to procceed faster."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Research Lab]

Mika looks at the object. Her hand slowly slipping closer. She stops as she notice her hairs going up from the emitting energy.

"Sure." she repleis. her hadn turns back and she heads for a desk to make space for the new object.
    "Could you tell me more about it? Like where you got it and other things? The more we know the better. With those informations I may be able to procceed faster."
    "This was located in a jungle temple we found near a small mountain range. It could have been from those mountains." the manager replies.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Elenor strides into Armed Forces HQ, a satchel styled bag hanging off one of her arm, a pair of headphones on her ear. She looks around, biting her lip somewhat nervously, wondering who to ask, and more importantly how to fit in. She gracefully moves towards someone who seems to be in charge her footsteps seemingly silent... Which is unusual for you everyday fresh out of college kid, and to those looking her age would be around 24-27.
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NothingAbnormal View Post
    Elenor strides into Armed Forces HQ, a satchel styled bag hanging off one of her arm, a pair of headphones on her ear. She looks around, biting her lip somewhat nervously, wondering who to ask, and more importantly how to fit in. She gracefully moves towards someone who seems to be in charge her footsteps seemingly silent... Which is unusual for you everyday fresh out of college kid, and to those looking her age would be around 24-27.
    [Research Facility---> Research Lab]

The research facility is nicer than the other buildings, not as militaristic and actually having slightly colorful paint. In middle of the room is a desk with glass over the front, be allowing vision inside. On her right she can see the door inside. When gets to the front desk of the research facility, she is greeted by a woman behind the desk. "Hello." she says. I'm guessing you are our new worker. Elenor, is it? Just walk up to the scanner and head over to Mika's lab." She slides a map of the building under the glass. Next to the door is an eye scanner. After she passes through she will be escorted to the research lab by a soldier in full black body armor.

Once she walks in the soldier will announce her presence to the manager and Mika. "Mika, this is your lab assistant, Elenor."
    Last edited by Green Elf; 2017-10-18 at 09:19 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[Research Facility]

The research facility is nicer than the other buildings, not as militaristic and actually having slightly colorful paint. In middle of the room is a desk with glass over the front, be allowing vision inside. On her right she can see the door inside. When gets to the front desk of the research facility, she is greeted by a woman behind the desk. "Hello." she says. I'm guessing you are our new worker. Elenor, is it? Just walk up to the scanner and head over to Mika's lab." She slides a map of the building under the glass. Next to the door is an eye scanner. After she passes through she will be escorted to the research lab by a soldier in full black body armor.
    "Will Do." Elenor strides to the eye scanner, after taking the map. She follows behind the soldier, carefully taking a mental inventory of his gear, and the overall building.
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

30. - Top - End - #60

"This was located in a jungle temple we found near a small mountain range. It could have been from those mountains." the manager replies.
    [Research Lab]

"Do you have any pictures of tthe temple? It might help identify the culture behind it." Mika repleies befor the new person arrives.
    "Eh.. Hello?" she says to the new person.
    Mika is a young woman in ehr early twenties for humans. she is a fox person which means she got pointy fox ears on her head and a tail and her hair is red ornage like fox fur. She wears a lab coat currently.