New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Default Re: The Road Ahead - Left Fork [IC]

Ghilbrezeth's attack slides off rotted scales that are still nearly as hard as steel. Reza and Vyory both have more luck, Reza's fire striking true while Vyory is lucky enough to get a mouthful of rotted flesh. One of his claws also scores deep grooves in the creature's back. The Wyvern seems to focus on the tiny dragon this time, swiping with talons and wings.

Spoiler
    Show

Talons vs Vyory
    Attack: (1d20+11)[23]
    Damage: (2d6+5)[8]

Talons vs Vyory
    Attack: (1d20+11)[13]
    Damage: (2d6+7)[14]

Unfortunately, even though you got a critical, undead are immune.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Ghilbrizeth

With no sign of flagging, Ghil continues to swing his massive blade at the creature.

Spoiler: OOC/Rolls
    Show

attack: (1d20+10)[18], damage (2d4+9)[12]

3. - Top - End - #93

After getting swiped by one of the Wyvern's claws, Vyory says "It figures you would attack a true dragon you worthless scum!" He then lets loose with another round of bite and claws hoping that this thing goes down soon.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show

Bite - (1d20+9)[16] damage - (1d6+6)[7]
    Claw - (1d20+5)[8] damage - (1d4+3)[4]
    Claw - (1d20+5)[6] damage - (1d4+3)[6]

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

The Wyvern is, apparently, not much of a conversationalist.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Reza aims another blast at its tail...

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[4]
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Hibr

As the pixie continues to drag the lizard man away Hibr glides beneath them under the ground, keeping pace and ready to plunge his hand into the reptilian creatures body should it arose and attempt to flee or attack.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Ready action attack if the Lizardman stands or takes any hostile action against Sil

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Most of the attacks bounce off the rot-crusted scales. Reza's repeated flames have now nearly severed the creature's tail, though - they've burned a deep rut in its putrid flesh. The Wyvern attacks the troll this time. He's a big target, after all - and waving that big sword.

Spoiler
    Show

Vs Ghil:

(1d20+11)[20]
    Damage: (2d6+5)[14]

(1d20+11)[22]
    (2d6+7)[18]

8. - Top - End - #98

Zombie

Ghilbrizeth:

The troll staggers a step, then two, under the force of a blow that would kill a normal man. Pulling himself back up to full height, Ghil steps once more into the fray as his shoulder pulls itself back into socket with an audible pop. Grinning savagely, he swings again.

Spoiler: OOC/Rolls
    Show

So, Ghil takes 8 damage and heals 2 from regeneration. Maybe 8 damage shouldn't have been enough to dislocate a shoulder, but it's all fluff to give the in-character knowledge of his regeneration ability.

Attack: (1d20+10)[26], damage (2d4+9)[16]

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Reza keeps blasting away at his target...

Spoiler
    Show

(2d6)[2]

10. - Top - End - #100

Undaunted by his less than stellar attempts, Vyory continues to wail away as best he can.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Bite - (1d20+9)[20] damage - (1d6+6)[11]
    Claw - (1d20+5)[19] damage - (1d4+3)[7]
    Claw - (1d20+5)[11] damage - (1d4+3)[7]
    3 more rounds on breath cooldown

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

On fire from Reza's breath weapon, with Vyory managing to entirely detach one of the creature's legs, Ghil's massive blow separates its head from its body. The creature's vile energy seems to drain into the ground with the reeking ichor that flows from its veins, and it returns to being naught but a rotting corpse.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Sil reappears!

"We should get moving. Who knows how many more of these guys there are." Silhouette take a moment and looks at the lizardman the team knocked out. "Actually, one person does. Perhaps he can be persuaded to aid me once he comes to."
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

13. - Top - End - #103

Vyory

I've got a suggestion. Once we get the information we want and are ready to leave, perhaps we should destroy everything we aren't taking. We can place one wagon over the wyvern along with anything flammable from the other carts. Then when we get ready to go we just light all the wagons on fire. This way anyone who comes looking will just find a pile of ash and hopefully assume that we are gone too. Vyory then starts dragging one of the wagons slowly but surely over to the dead wyvern in order to partially dispose of the wyvern body as well. Once he gets the wagon over the body he grabs the severed leg and puts it in the wagon that is now over the wyvern.
    Last edited by JonU; 2017-08-22 at 11:58 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Hibr

Still skulking beneath the lizard, Hibr follows the body where ever Sil takes it.

He 'speaks' in the minds of Reza, Vyory and Ghil:

"Don't forget to take the book... Wier's book. It could have some good stories in it if you can read it. Where do you want to go? In the dark and scary woods... or a nice little village... ?"

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Reza

"That sounds like a good idea, and I can make all the fire you need. But we should make one last pass for valuables. Like that book. And speaking of valuables, has anyone checked the lizard guy? Are there saddlebags on that dragon thing?"
    Last edited by Swami Monsoon; 2017-08-23 at 08:33 AM.

16. - Top - End - #106

Zombie

Ghilbrizeth:

Nodding at the suggestion of the little dragon, Ghil leaves the unconscious lizard in the care of the small flying one and moves the wagon he loaded with the supplies to the road. As he works, the last bruises and scrapes he suffered in the altercation heal back into clean, unblemished green skin. Walking back over, the troll begins hauling the wagons together with the remains of his former captors and stacking the empty metal cages with the other non-flammable materials. Concentrating for a few seconds, a shroud of flame engulfs Ghil and he places a hand on one of the overturned wagons in the pile long enough for the flame to take hold.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

Using Aym's Halo of Flame ability to ignite the pile of burnables at Vyory's suggestion,
    and giving the others time to deal with the lizard as they see fit. Those who are paying attention will notice that Ghil placed the wagon loaded with supplies facing towards the smoldering town in the distance, marking his suggestion (or at least, prediction) for their eventual direction.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Swami Monsoon View Post
    Reza

"That sounds like a good idea, and I can make all the fire you need. But we should make one last pass for valuables. Like that book. And speaking of valuables, has anyone checked the lizard guy? Are there saddlebags on that dragon thing?"
    There is a single pack tied to the Wyvern. The Lizardfolk also has equipment and a couple of belt pouches.

18. - Top - End - #108

Vyory

As Vyory waits he notices the saddle pack that has been removed from the Wyvern and asks rather excitedly, "Whats in the pack?!" He then starts flying very quickly in a circle around the group as he waits impatiently to know where the group is headed next and what's in the packs. As he orbits the group trying to keep them roughly centered, he keeps an eye looking out although he isn't flying very high just in case something might still be out there.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm picturing him doing low circles maybe 5-10' off the ground. His circle is roughly 160' in diameter (85' to the center), which means that he is completing his laps rather quickly with his base speed as high as it is.
    Last edited by JonU; 2017-08-25 at 10:52 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Reza gathers up any of the valuables left by the others.

"I'll go with what the majority decides, but I'd vote for retracing the steps of this caravan. None of us can pass for normals, so all we can do in that town is start a riot. But we need to move out fast in whatever direction. This smoke is going to draw attention."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    The pack contains several gems, a wand, several days worth of food, a slim booklet of some kind, and 300gp. Reza also notices a silver chain, wrapped around the Wyvern, embedded in its flesh.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Silhouette.

"We should do more to restrain the lizard in some way," she says.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Rolling for Antiquarian (Clr/Pal spells) for the wand, booklet and chain.
    (1d20+13)[31]
    (1d20+13)[23]
    (1d20+13)[24]

Appraises
    (1d20+9)[10]
    (1d20+9)[20]
    (1d20+9)[24]

Search
    (1d20+15)[33]
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

Hibr

Hibr slowly rises up through the ground and passes slowly through the lizard man until he is sticking half way out of his chest. Looking down at him and wiggling his fingers over his face.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Sil

Sil looks over at Hibr. "Leave him be, Hibr. I'm going to need him healthy and happy for later." Silhouette drags the lizardman onto the cart, looking for some rope to tie him to it.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Reza tries to work the chain free from the dead wyvern with his dagger and a stick, being careful not to touch it with his bare "skin."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

The chain bursts into blinding white flame. It vaporizes in moments and all that is left is a criss-cross of burns on the Wyvern corpse. The stick catches fire.

Spoiler: Identify
    Show
    While the precise item is unfamiliar to Sil, she is able to determine that the chain was definitely the method used to control the Wyvern. She suspects it would need to be linked to some item on the Lizardfolk - though that may be similarly booby-trapped.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Hibr

Rising far above the body the little shadow turns upside down and continues to float along over the lizardfolk as Sil moves forward. "Hey Vyory check this out!!!" he sends to the wyrmling, "can you do this? I bet you can't!" he continues as he 'walks' upside-down in the air above Sil and her prisoner. "I can go sideways too..." he says slowly shifting so that he drifts perpendicular to those below and the road.

27. - Top - End - #117

Vyory

Vyory glances over at the shadow and responds mentally, Maybe not, but I bet you can't do this! and with the he took off down the road away from the village and the turned around coming back towards the group as fast as he could just a few feet above the ground. As he passed the group Vyory made sure to go through the smoke of the burning wagons, creating a contrail of smoke behind him. He then circled back around to the group, looked at Hibr and states loudly and slightly out of breath "Lets see you do that!"

Spoiler
    Show

Having done the math Vyory would be hitting a top speed just over 122mph as he passes the group. If I take the run feat, I'll be able to get up over 150mph for a run.

I'll edit the post with color once I get to a computer since I don't know the color code off hand to type it in on my phone.
    Last edited by JonU; 2017-08-29 at 12:17 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Hibr

"I don't get it? You just went in a straight line what's so hard about that?" he continues now once again sinking into the earth "can you fly inside of stones?" he asks giggling...

"Oh, oh!! Freeze the fire!!! Or some trees!!! That would be fun!"

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Reza tosses the burning stick into the larger fire. He gestures with his dagger, pointing down the road in one direction and then the other.

"We don't have time for games. We need to move now. Pick a direction and get started."

30. - Top - End - #120

Vyory

"If we could skirt the village ahead, we could grab a couple cattle tonight to resupply. our food. But if we have plenty of food, then we could go the opposite direction but there is no telling what is that way either. At least if we proceed to the village we could possibly figure out where we are exactly. My vote is to skirt the edge of the city."
    While he waits for the final decision, Vyory looks towards Hibr and thinks I'm the fastest dragon you will probably ever find in the air, on the ground, under the ground, or in the water. I've found that being very quick can get you into and out of places and situations faster than people can react. It's also fun to fly really fast towards unsuspecting humans , causing them to fall over or drop what they where carrying.