New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: (IC) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

The woman smiled at Aisling, her pale lips curling up cruelly. “English my dear, I know you should be able to understand me”, she says, cocking an eyebrow at Aisling and waiting for a response. The woman chuckles for a moment, “You wouldn’t want me to try to use my Gaelic, it wouldn’t be very good.

Aisling’s focus was returning, sharpened by a ravenous hunger. The woman was seated in some sort of cushioned wicker chair, towering over Aisling’s kneeling position. They were outside, under the stars. A soft wind ticked Aisling’s hair and face. They were on some sort of stone patio, overlooking a field of short T-shaped bushes. Behind the woman was a large stone building. Aisling had never seen a building so large, or made of such flat smooth stone. From somewhere inside, she could hear a familiar song. No, not familiar, Aisling knew the song. She knew every single word of it. She knew its name; “Hungry like the Wolf” by Duran Duran.

In the woman’s lap was a book... no not “A” book, Aisling’s book, Gazren’s book.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If you are okay with it, for both simplicity sake, and for historical reasons, I’m going to say Aisling knew English before being staked. Aisling is younger than 300 years old, placing her in Ireland in the early 1700s, and the Irish were definitely speaking English for hundreds of years before this; for example . Now it stands to reason that Aisling’s English would be pretty darn different than modern English, but it stands to reason she’s become somewhat familiarized through her radio signals in torpor.

Side note, I rolled a D10 for Aisling’s blood pool, and as a subject to my bad luck, Aisling is starting with one blood point. So she’s RAVENOUS.

Sure sure,” Screech says, not hiding his exasperation, “just keep me in the loop. Mobius, you let me know if you need anything. I’ll talk to you later.” With that, the line is cut. Mobius looks at Anna a little annoyed, though it is hard to say whom the frustration is directed at.

Let’s get out of here”, he says.

Gabe chuckles wearily, “It looks like I won’t be getting any sleep for the next few nights, huh?” He sighs, though there is no anger or resentment in the Ghoul’s words. “I’ll take care of it Karl. Just stay safe. I really got a bad feeling about all of this. Anything else?
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #782
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Anna nodded.

“Pick a hotel,” Anna said.

She stowed her phone, confident Karl would relay their position to Julian once they arrived.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

The woman smiled at Aisling, her pale lips curling up cruelly. “English my dear, I know you should be able to understand me”, she says, cocking an eyebrow at Aisling and waiting for a response. The woman chuckles for a moment, “You wouldn’t want me to try to use my Gaelic, it wouldn’t be very good.

Aisling’s focus was returning, sharpened by a ravenous hunger. The woman was seated in some sort of cushioned wicker chair, towering over Aisling’s kneeling position. They were outside, under the stars. A soft wind ticked Aisling’s hair and face. They were on some sort of stone patio, overlooking a field of short T-shaped bushes. Behind the woman was a large stone building. Aisling had never seen a building so large, or made of such flat smooth stone. From somewhere inside, she could hear a familiar song. No, not familiar, Aisling knew the song. She knew every single word of it. She knew its name; “Hungry like the Wolf” by Duran Duran.

In the woman’s lap was a book... no not “A” book, Aisling’s book, Gazren’s book.
    There is a moment or two of hesitance as the woman requests - no, commands the use of the language of the Normans. It is strange, her memories of youth and unlife - fleeting flashes of recollection - flowing and mixing with thoughts and knowledge that she is sure she should not know, and yet does.

Aisling furrows her brow in consternation as she shakes off the lingering fog of her long, long sleep. She casts a hesitant glance around her, taking in her surroundings while she enjoys the soft breeze on her pale skin. She feels the gnawing hunger in her gut and feels her canines slowly extend as the breeze brings the smell of her Sires sweet vitae to her nose again.

"English? Yes." She nods thoughtfully, still eyeing the woman warily. "You...you have awoken me, then?"

Despite the Beast in her head, gnashing, scratching, howling in hunger, she finds the melody of the music oddly soothing, if a bit ironic given the title she somehow knows, and finds herself humming along if ever so softly - perhaps not even aware of it.

When her hungry eyes land upon the book in the woman's lap, a wave of nostalgic longing tugs at the strings of her ancient heart and she whimpers, a single bloody tear slipping from a glacial eye - quickly wiped away on her wrist. A heartbeat later however, and she darts her tongue out to taste of the bloody residue on her wrist with a breathless sigh.

"Where did you get that!?" There is certainly an accusatory to her soft voice.

Show
    If you are okay with it, for both simplicity sake, and for historical reasons, I’m going to say Aisling knew English before being staked. Aisling is younger than 300 years old, placing her in Ireland in the early 1700s, and the Irish were definitely speaking English for hundreds of years before this; for example . Now it stands to reason that Aisling’s English would be pretty darn different than modern English, but it stands to reason she’s become somewhat familiarized through her radio signals in torpor.

Side note, I rolled a D10 for Aisling’s blood pool, and as a subject to my bad luck, Aisling is starting with one blood point. So she’s RAVENOUS.
    I am totally okay with it. You're right, it will expedite the process and make things a lot more simple. I really LOVE the idea of her tuning in to radio signals through her torpor.

And I guess it's not like she'd have had a lot of chance to fill her belly with blood before Gazren staked her, so it makes sense. If you go into torpor on a full stomach, does the vitae dissipate or wither away across the years? Or just lose potency?

Thanks for the link. Fascinating read!
    Last edited by Erulasto; 2018-03-18 at 03:22 PM.
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl replies, "You know your limits. Let me know when you've reached them, but yes, this is going to require additional time."

If Gabe has nothing else for the moment, Karl will hang up and focus on tailing Mobius' vehicle.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

5. - Top - End - #785
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Mobius nods his head, and pulls the car back on the road. Karl finishes his conversation with Gabriel, just as Mobius’ car pulls away. Karl eases his vehicle back onto the road, and follows.

Mobius leads them down Van Ness, all the way to Mission street, moving South. Streetlights, and neon signs clouded by heavy fog streak by in a blur. The two cars cruise in the dark, further South, under the 280 Freeway till they enter the Excelsior of South San Francisco. Just a few blocks down, Mobius pulls his car into a lot behind a Motel labeled “The Rabbit’s Hole”, and parks the car. Pretending to be a couple, Anna and Mobius purchase a room for “the night”, from the concierge, an old and skeletal Italian man who is half blind, and twice as bald. Karl follows, and (OOC: unless otherwise specified), purchases a separate room. (OOC: I assume Karl notifies Julian of their location).

It is not long before the three Kindred are sitting in the one windowless room rented for Anna and Mobius. The wayward neonate looks up at Anna with longing, and subservience and says, “I think we should be good for the night. If it’s okay with you, I’ll let Screech know where we are. With any luck, we should be safe here for the day.

The woman nods her head, contended when Aisling is able to switch from Gaelic. “Yes, it is I who removed the wooden curse from between your ribs, and freed you from your slumber. Welcome to the 21st century,” she says, grinning widely to show long white fangs.

The woman, who still has not introduced herself, strokes the dark brown leather of Aisling’s tome. Like the cat who ate the canary, the woman smirks at Aisling’s second question and says, “You were buried with your arms around it. You and this book were in that stone sarcophagus.” The woman points behind to Aisling, to a rudimentary coffin made of stones cobbled together in a cyclopean manner, bound by wood and a mud mortar that had pretty much dissolved to dust in a number of locations. “To be honest,” the woman continues, “it was really this book that I was searching floor. I flew it all the way from Ireland... but of course, not only did Gazren not write in English or Gaelic, he wrote in some language that not even my finest scholars were able to identify. And this my dear,” she says pointing a finger at Aisling, “is what I have awoken you rather than simply dust you or gobble your soul.

The woman’s gaze now narrows and hardens, focusing like a pack of wolves on Aisling. “To put it simply, I need you to help me with this. I need you to help me translate Gazren’s diary.” The woman lifts the book from her lap and extends it towards Aisling, though it is still too far to reach, “will you help me with this?
    Show

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ogre in the Playground

The woman nods her head, contended when Aisling is able to switch from Gaelic. “Yes, it is I who removed the wooden curse from between your ribs, and freed you from your slumber. Welcome to the 21st century,” she says, grinning widely to show long white fangs.
    Her mind reels with the statement on how much time has passed. Aisling knew that her family was long since dust, but a wave of longing rose to mingle with the overwhelming urge to feed.

The woman, who still has not introduced herself, strokes the dark brown leather of Aisling’s tome. Like the cat who ate the canary, the woman smirks at Aisling’s second question and says, “You were buried with your arms around it. You and this book were in that stone sarcophagus.” The woman points behind to Aisling, to a rudimentary coffin made of stones cobbled together in a cyclopean manner, bound by wood and a mud mortar that had pretty much dissolved to dust in a number of locations. “To be honest,” the woman continues, “it was really this book that I was searching floor. I flew it all the way from Ireland... but of course, not only did Gazren not write in English or Gaelic, he wrote in some language that not even my finest scholars were able to identify. And this my dear,” she says pointing a finger at Aisling, “is what I have awoken you rather than simply dust you or gobble your soul.

The woman’s gaze now narrows and hardens, focusing like a pack of wolves on Aisling. “To put it simply, I need you to help me with this. I need you to help me translate Gazren’s diary.” The woman lifts the book from her lap and extends it towards Aisling, though it is still too far to reach, “will you help me with this?
    Aisling rocks forward onto the balls of her feet, still crouching, as a pale hand reaches up to caress the old leather of the book with slender fingertips.
    A surge of anger rises like bile in her throat as a flash of a memory rises. The look of surprised hurt she felt as Gazren pierced her heart with the stake. Why would he do such a thing? Did he not love her anymore?
    No! Her mind recoiled at the thought. There must have been a reason or he would not have buried her away. He would come for her, she knew it. But perhaps the book held some clues?

"Yes....." Is her tentative response, before steeling her nerves
    "Yes, I will help you. I need.....answers."

The roar of a hungry Beast within nearly topples her.

"Do....do you have something for me to feed on? It has been...so...long." Her soft voice is thick with need.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“I’m biased,” Anna replied, “considering what he did yesterday. I think the less people know we’re here the better. Ultimately though Mobius, it’s up to you.”

If he decides to call Screech, Anna simply nods.

If he doesn’t, Anna tells him she’s proud of him and hat she knows it’s a tough decision.

Regardless of what he does:
    “Okay, hopefully nobody will bother us here,” Anna said.
    “Can you tell us what’s going on? Start from the beginning,” she said.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2018-03-19 at 07:18 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

8. - Top - End - #788
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Show
    Sorry for not answering this sooner:
    And I guess it's not like she'd have had a lot of chance to fill her belly with blood before Gazren staked her, so it makes sense. If you go into torpor on a full stomach, does the vitae dissipate or wither away across the years? Or just lose potency?
    The blood does not get used up, as far as I understand it (don't have the book in front of me ATM so don't quote me on it).
    If a Kindred goes into torpor because of injuries, then the blood automatically gets used up to try to heal those injuries,
    which can lead to losing all your vitae. In your case, it's really just the result of a **** roll.

Her mind reels with the statement on how much time has passed. Aisling knew that her family was long since dust, but a wave of longing rose to mingle with the overwhelming urge to feed.
    If you are inclined, we can have Aisling make a Breaking point roll for this. I'm not inclined, since it isn't exactly fair to force a roll at the very beginning of your very first scene, since this is essentially what we wrote for your character, but if you want the chance for a condition to start stacking up beats, it's up to you.

"Yes....." Is her tentative response, before steeling her nerves
    "Yes, I will help you. I need.....answers."
    The woman's grin widens, the corners of her lips spreading up so high they nearly reach her diamond studded ear lobes. The appearance is overall unsettling, like the makeup of the vaudevillian clowns that used to visit Aisling's town when she was a kid. Rising, the woman clutches the book to her chest, pulling it away from Aisling and towering over her. "Very good," the woman says enthusiastically. She extends a slender hand to to Aisling, not for assistance, but to be kissed like royalty. Looking closely, Aisling can see that unlike some princess, the woman's hands are rough and calloused. "You may call me 'Lady Blackstar'" the woman pronounces, "and I am the leader and Primogen of the Circle of Crone." This last part she says proudly, as if Aisling is supposed to understand what Primogen or Circle of Crone is.

The roar of a hungry Beast within nearly topples her.

"Do....do you have something for me to feed on? It has been...so...long." Her soft voice is thick with need.
    The woman nods her head and turns towards the giant building. Standing by the entrance is a large man, dressed in a dark green robe. The fabric is far finer than that which Aisling is used to, though the cut of the robes is illogical, almost like they were made by someone who did not understand the function of such an article of clothing. "Go get me Bernardo", she says to the man, who nods and opens up a giant sliding glass door. Several moments later, the sound of the music begins to grow, swelling in Aisling's ears till the man approaches, dragging with him a boy of about Aisling's age. He is tall, with dark skin and nearly jet black hair that tangles in a mop over his big sunken eyes. The boy is dressed in a cotton shirt stained with dirt, and a pair of blue pants, the fabric of which Aisling is unfamiliar with.

Sprouting from his ears are two long white vines that coil together and disappear into the side of his pants, and somehow the music seems to be coming from this boy.

"You may feed on Bernardo" Blackstar says.

The boy glares at Aisling but walks over to her, and extends a long forearm corded with muscle. He offers his wrist to her, and she can smell, hear, and feel the heat from the blood pounding in quick spurts through his arteries.

************************************************** ********************************
    “I’m biased,” Anna replied, “considering what he did yesterday. I think the less people know we’re here the better. Ultimately though Mobius, it’s up to you.”

If he decides to call Screech, Anna simply nods.
    Mobius scowls at Anna, and in a pouting voice that belies his immaturity says, "Well in that case, I'm still calling him." Mobius turns his back to Anna and Karl, and in a few short sentences, fills Screech in regarding their location. When he hangs up he shrugs his shoulders and says, "If there's anyone I trust, it's Screech," but the words are more defensive than definitive.

“Okay, hopefully nobody will bother us here,” Anna said.
    “Can you tell us what’s going on? Start from the beginning,” she said.
    "I already told you," Mobius whines, "I can't go into all the details. I got into some trouble, and I need to get out of this city. Screech tried to set me up with the Bruja, who are supposed to be some of the only Kindred who can safely travel the wastelands through Central California. But, I guess they got side-tracked and ended up going on a rampage and sacking some Lancea Sanctum compound. Apparently Padre Calavera" and in saying the Spear Primogen's name Mobius shudders and hisses like an enraged cat, "had the Bloodline's progenitor staked up somewhere, and now they aren't leaving till they get him back."

Then in an act of total self pity, Mobius half cries, "And now it looks like I won't be getting out of this city for at least another night... and I just have to get out of here. I can't stay!"
    Show

9. - Top - End - #789
    Titan in the Playground

Anna nodded.

“What trouble?” she asked, “Why not come to your sire for help? It’s okay if you can’t tell me everything, but I’m really just trying to understand... I won’t judge, god knows I’ve done some stupid things in my life.”
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2018-03-19 at 06:05 PM.
    TC for short

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl, having recently informed his employer of their location as well, is peeking at the parking lot through the drapes.

On Mobius' continued insistence that he can't talk about it, his eyes narrow as he looks back at the fledgling, "You don't want to talk about it, are afraid to talk about it, or CAN'T talk about it? Are you bound?"
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Show
    Sorry for not answering this sooner:

The blood does not get used up, as far as I understand it (don't have the book in front of me ATM so don't quote me on it).
    If a Kindred goes into torpor because of injuries, then the blood automatically gets used up to try to heal those injuries,
    which can lead to losing all your vitae. In your case, it's really just the result of a **** roll.
    Show

That makes sense. Similar to Gym. Clears up a bunch. Much obliged.

If you are inclined, we can have Aisling make a Breaking point roll for this. I'm not inclined, since it isn't exactly fair to force a roll at the very beginning of your very first scene, since this is essentially what we wrote for your character, but if you want the chance for a condition to start stacking up beats, it's up to you.
    I'll pass for now. It is a flashback, after all. I'm kosher with the real mechanics starting later.

The woman's grin widens, the corners of her lips spreading up so high they nearly reach her diamond studded ear lobes. The appearance is overall unsettling, like the makeup of the vaudevillian clowns that used to visit Aisling's town when she was a kid. Rising, the woman clutches the book to her chest, pulling it away from Aisling and towering over her. "Very good," the woman says enthusiastically. She extends a slender hand to to Aisling, not for assistance, but to be kissed like royalty. Looking closely, Aisling can see that unlike some princess, the woman's hands are rough and calloused. "You may call me 'Lady Blackstar'" the woman pronounces, "and I am the leader and Primogen of the Circle of Crone." This last part she says proudly, as if Aisling is supposed to understand what Primogen or Circle of Crone is.
    "Lady...Blackstar..." The name rolls off her tongue, thick with her native accent and the great hunger in her belly.
    Aisling, still crouching before the Vampire, takes the hand offered before her in a sign of reference, and places a small kiss on the top. Her hands linger but a moment on the callused digits, as her eyes flicker up to the meet the woman's gaze. A quizzical expression on her features at the titles listed.

The woman nods her head and turns towards the giant building. Standing by the entrance is a large man, dressed in a dark green robe. The fabric is far finer than that which Aisling is used to, though the cut of the robes is illogical, almost like they were made by someone who did not understand the function of such an article of clothing. "Go get me Bernardo", she says to the man, who nods and opens up a giant sliding glass door. Several moments later, the sound of the music begins to grow, swelling in Aisling's ears till the man approaches, dragging with him a boy of about Aisling's age. He is tall, with dark skin and nearly jet black hair that tangles in a mop over his big sunken eyes. The boy is dressed in a cotton shirt stained with dirt, and a pair of blue pants, the fabric of which Aisling is unfamiliar with.

Sprouting from his ears are two long white vines that coil together and disappear into the side of his pants, and somehow the music seems to be coming from this boy.

"You may feed on Bernardo" Blackstar says.

The boy glares at Aisling but walks over to her, and extends a long forearm corded with muscle. He offers his wrist to her, and she can smell, hear, and feel the heat from the blood pounding in quick spurts through his arteries.
    The confused expression passes quickly as she hears the thrum of young blood approaching. As the aforementioned Bernardo offers his wrist, she scurries forward to grip his forarm tightly in her small hands.
    Without further hesitation, she parts her lips and latches onto his wrist, sinking her fangs into the soft flesh and begins to feed.

After so very, very long, Aisling has no pretence of civility or manners and she was never a dainty eater to begin with. Her chin is soon dripping with bloody run-off as her Beast squeals in contentment and she purrs audibly as she feeds upon the precious vitae.

On her knees before the boy, her body vibrates with excitement and she seems to bounce or writhe to the music that invades her ears from the boy.

Show

She will drink until Bernardo is removed from her grasp, or she is sated. I don't figure she has the self-control or forethought after such a long torpor to be aware of how much she is taking.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

“What trouble?” she asked, “Why not come to your sire for help? It’s okay if you can’t tell me everything, but I’m really just trying to understand... I won’t judge, god knows I’ve done some stupid things in my life.”
    Mobius scowls, though not directly at Anna. Backed into a corner, it seems like scowling is all that he has left. “Let’s just say I couldn’t go to my Sire for this one Anna. Let’s just say, I ****ed up so bad, I have to get out of here.

On Mobius' continued insistence that he can't talk about it, his eyes narrow as he looks back at the fledgling, "You don't want to talk about it, are afraid to talk about it, or CAN'T talk about it? Are you bound?
    Now Mobius glares at Karl, “Something like that.” The Mekhet neonate is truly proving to be as whiney and piteous as Karl had heard.

Aisling’s fangs extend suddenly, pulling her gums taught and sending a tight sensation of anticipation into the back of her throat. The breaking of the boys skin is just as exquisite, flesh giving way into a warm flood of magnificent blood squirting between the tight tendons of extended forearm.

Aisling is on the edge of Frenzy as the boy moans, seeming to fall forward and into her. She gorges on the blood, seeming to pulse in rhythm with the thrumming music. Aisling drinks and drinks, the pulse quickening and quickening until it begins to slacken. Aisling pulls harder at the wounds, but is pulled from the boy too soon by two pairs of large hands. Aisling comes to her senses, restrained by two large men (Kindred?), similarly dressed in the costume-like green robes.

Lady Blackstar pulls the boy to her, he is on his knees now, lightly moaning and clutching his still bleeding forearm. She sings to him; some foreign nursery rhyme that clashes awfully with the captivating pulses of Bernardo’s music. She licks his wound clean, closing AIsling’s gash, and Bernardo slowly stops moaning, embraced in Lady Blackstar’s arms. “Very good, very good.

Show
    Aisling gains 5 vitae. This first flashback is nearly complete, but I will give you a chance to ask any questions or perform any last actions before moving to a second flash back.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2018-03-20 at 07:07 PM.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #793
    Titan in the Playground

Anna looked at Karl.

“What do you mean bound, like blood bound, or some kind of contract?” she asked.
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ogre in the Playground

Aisling’s fangs extend suddenly, pulling her gums taught and sending a tight sensation of anticipation into the back of her throat. The breaking of the boys skin is just as exquisite, flesh giving way into a warm flood of magnificent blood squirting between the tight tendons of extended forearm.

Aisling is on the edge of Frenzy as the boy moans, seeming to fall forward and into her. She gorges on the blood, seeming to pulse in rhythm with the thrumming music. Aisling drinks and drinks, the pulse quickening and quickening until it begins to slacken. Aisling pulls harder at the wounds, but is pulled from the boy too soon by two pairs of large hands. Aisling comes to her senses, restrained by two large men (Kindred?), similarly dressed in the costume-like green robes.

Lady Blackstar pulls the boy to her, he is on his knees now, lightly moaning and clutching his still bleeding forearm. She sings to him; some foreign nursery rhyme that clashes awfully with the captivating pulses of Bernardo’s music. She licks his wound clean, closing AIsling’s gash, and Bernardo slowly stops moaning, embraced in Lady Blackstar’s arms. “Very good, very good.
    As Aisling is manhandled away from her meal, a brief snarl twists her pretty features into something savage and altogether indicative of the Beast within.
    But after a moment, she simply slumps in their grip and begins gathering the bloody mess upon her chin onto her fingers before licking them clean with a hum of pleasure.

Show
    Aisling gains 5 vitae. This first flashback is nearly complete, but I will give you a chance to ask any questions or perform any last actions before moving to a second flash back.
    Show

I'm okay with pressing forward when you're ready. Aisling wouldn't have the presence of mind quite yet to start querying Lady Blackstar. Culture shock if nothing else, though being so close to frenzy doesn't help.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Mobius rises from his seat on the bed, fists balled and fangs extended. “I already told you, I can’t ****ing talk about it!”, he yells loud enough to be easily heard if anyone is in the room next door. “Don’t you get it,” he says, his voice dropping in volume to a high pitched whine, “I can’t talk about it.

Mobius takes a deep breath in and out, using the mortal gesture to settle himself. He walks to Anna, stepping close enough to kiss... or feed. His voice more mellow, he says, “Look, I appreciate your help, but you have to stop asking about this. You wanted to get to the bottom of why neonates are disappearing, and I can’t really help you. All you need to know,” and with this he presses a pointed finger to Anna’s chest, “is that I need to get out of this city. And if you can’t help me, or if you won’t without more information, well that’s fine with me. I already have help.

Flashback ii

When the music’s over/
    Turn out the light/
    Turn out the light/
    Turn out the light

-The Doors

It had been one week that Lady Blackstar had kept Aisling tied up. Not just locked in a room in the cellar, but literally tied up, like a mastiff fighting dog, or a stallion that hadn’t yet been tamed.

It was some sort of wine cellar. Dozens of wooden and metal barrels taller than Aisling were stacked or standing throughout the darkly lit room. It smelled of earth, and mold, and mead... the smell was the only good thing about the place. Aisling was tied up by the neck, some sort of electric shock collar that wrecked Aisling if she ever put too much tension on the cord. It was like the collar produced a thousand bee sticks dipped in fire. The first time it happened, Aisling had actually Frenzied thinking she had somehow been set a-flame.

At first Aisling had been visited by Lady Blackstar every night, forcing Gazren’s book on her. But the old parchment was faded, and nearly rotted in places. Whatever language Gazren had written his notes in, it was far older than English or Gaelic. There were diagrams of large glyphs, drawing of blood sacrifices and thorn laden rose bushes, and pages upon pages of indecipherable text. Aisling was no help to Lady Blackstar, and soon, Aisling’s only visits where when a robed figure dropped a dead rabbit at her feet to feed on.

That was until Bernardo let himself in, turning on a series of electric lights that had not yet been used, and creeped down the stairs. He stood at the base of the stairs, staring at Aisling, the white buds of ivy in his ears playing another familiar song... “When I was a child I had a fever/ My hands felt just like two balloons”...

The boy’s stare appeared to be equal parts curiosity and fear. Despite his frozen posture, he looked skitish, and overly animated in the way only a mortal could. Aisling had been feeding on dead vermin, and the boy’s warm blood called to her.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2018-03-21 at 06:14 PM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl looks at Anna, hoping she'll see the possible implications without him having to spell it out for her in front of Mobius,"I'm thinking that Julian had him sign a blood contract, including stipulations not to talk about it."
    Last edited by Daishain; 2018-03-21 at 06:43 PM.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ogre in the Playground

Flashback ii

When the music’s over/
    Turn out the light/
    Turn out the light/
    Turn out the light

-The Doors

It had been one week that Lady Blackstar had kept Aisling tied up. Not just locked in a room in the cellar, but literally tied up, like a mastiff fighting dog, or a stallion that hadn’t yet been tamed.

It was some sort of wine cellar. Dozens of wooden and metal barrels taller than Aisling were stacked or standing throughout the darkly lit room. It smelled of earth, and mold, and mead... the smell was the only good thing about the place. Aisling was tied up by the neck, some sort of electric shock collar that wrecked Aisling if she ever put too much tension on the cord. It was like the collar produced a thousand bee sticks dipped in fire. The first time it happened, Aisling had actually Frenzied thinking she had somehow been set a-flame.

At first Aisling had been visited by Lady Blackstar every night, forcing Gazren’s book on her. But the old parchment was faded, and nearly rotted in places. Whatever language Gazren had written his notes in, it was far older than English or Gaelic. There were diagrams of large glyphs, drawing of blood sacrifices and thorn laden rose bushes, and pages upon pages of indecipherable text. Aisling was no help to Lady Blackstar, and soon, Aisling’s only visits where when a robed figure dropped a dead rabbit at her feet to feed on.
    Aisling may not have been familiar with the marvels of the modern world, but she knew of pain and had learned through similar methods from Gazren. He loved her, but he punished her when she did not take to his lessons as swiftly as he'd expected. And so, as Aisling lay panting upon the ground, coherency returning from riding a pain-induced frenzy, she vowed to herself to be as still as she could.
    She did her best for Blackstar, she really did, but Gazren had not shown her all his secrets before he staked her and vanished into the night; and so, she spent her time laying upon the ground however the collar and cord would allow.

That was until Bernardo let himself in, turning on a series of electric lights that had not yet been used, and creeped down the stairs. He stood at the base of the stairs, staring at Aisling, the white buds of ivy in his ears playing another familiar song... “When I was a child I had a fever/ My hands felt just like two balloons”...

The boy’s stare appeared to be equal parts curiosity and fear. Despite his frozen posture, he looked skitish, and overly animated in the way only a mortal could. Aisling had been feeding on dead vermin, and the boy’s warm blood called to her.
    When the lights came up, the sickeningly artificial illumination bathed her pale, wasted body - still covered in the ripped, dirty bodice and a dress of finely spun, faded blue wool. Her eyes, haunted by a hunger her meager meals had barely satisfied, flickered up to Bernardo as he entered. The music she heard from those strange, white buds in his ears was a soothing balm, and Aisling felt tension begin to seep from her - though not enough to lower her guard. Yet, despite his own tentative approach, she did not stir from her place upon the floor for fear of the sensation of such a flameless burning as she had endured.

A whimper escaped her lips, as she struggled to hold herself still and not lunge at the source of the hot blood throbbing in his veins. She barely squeaked out the words to him.

"Bernardo." She remembered his name. The memory brought another, of the bliss she felt when his wrist was in her grasp, fangs drawing up the vitae from the soft flesh there. "Wh...what are you doing here?"

18. - Top - End - #798
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Anna paused and looked at Mobius, enjoying the moment.

"I believe you when you say you can't talk about it," she said, "I know if you could tell me, you would. It's alright."

"Are you thirsty?" she offered, cupping his cheek with her palm again, "I know I took too much before."

Spoiler
    Show
    Anna will let Mobius take one bp if he wants, but will refuse any in return.

Regardless:
    Anna sighed.
    "What now," Anna asked out loud, sitting on the bed and resting her sword lengthwise across her lap.
    She pulled out her phone.
    "Karl, I'm going to assume you've got a safe place to back this up," she said, sending the audio recording of the phone call with Screech to him.

“Any ideas?” she asked, looking at Karl.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2018-03-22 at 09:20 AM.
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #799
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The boy stumbles back, startled when Aisling speaks, pressing himself against the cellar wall. His pupils dilate, and Aisling can hear the hastening of his racing pulse. "You know my name?", he asks, his voice hushed and low. He stands there with his back to the wall for another moment, before taking a few hesitant steps forward. "I..." he starts, "I'm sorry to bother you miss".

All the while his music is still playing in that hushed far off sound, now just the electric singing of an instrument that Aisling has heard many times, but is unfamiliar with.

Bernardo circumnavigates a large metal barrel and is now about 20 feet from Aisling. He seems to be straining to see in the dark, though his eyes are locked on Aisling. Bernardo's voice is still hushed, and he says, "I heard they had brought you down here. I guess I just wanted to see." He looks slightly embarrassed, and his cheeks flush.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #800
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Anna paused and looked at Mobius, enjoying the moment.

"I believe you when you say you can't talk about it," she said, "I know if you could tell me, you would. It's alright."

"Are you thirsty?" she offered, cupping his cheek with her palm again, "I know I took too much before."
    There is a flash of weakness, when it looks like Mobius may accept Anna's offer. He even lifts one hand as if to reach out for her, but then the Mekhet's face hardens. "I'm fine... thank you," he says scowling.

Mobius sighs and looks at his watch. "It's getting near morning", he says, "We should probably start taking every measure to sun proof and protect this room, before we call it a night."

Show
    Let me know if there are any other things you want to accomplish before I move things on. Also, in your next IC post, could I please have an updated character box?
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2018-03-22 at 09:32 AM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #801
    Titan in the Playground

Anna will call Estella, just to find out where she was and what she was up to.
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #802
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The call immediately goes to voice mail. Any subsequent calls throughout the night, similarly go to voice mail.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #803
    Titan in the Playground

“That’s... concerning,” Anna said.

“Mobius is right, though I think we should be fine if we just pull the day curtains closed, put the do not disturb up, lock the door, and tell the front desk to leave us alone.”

“Karl, I guess we’ll see you later?” she asked, as Karl had a separate room.
    TC for short

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ogre in the Playground

The boy stumbles back, startled when Aisling speaks, pressing himself against the cellar wall. His pupils dilate, and Aisling can hear the hastening of his racing pulse. "You know my name?", he asks, his voice hushed and low. He stands there with his back to the wall for another moment, before taking a few hesitant steps forward. "I..." he starts, "I'm sorry to bother you miss".
    "Of course I remember...." There is a sort of longing in her voice, be it for the sweetness of his blood, or perhaps the fact he was the first real intimate contact in all her centuries buried and forgotten.

"And it is...no bother. Really." Aisling shifts slightly on the floor, gingerly moving to a languid sitting sitting, yet careful to not strain the cord and begin the pain anew.

All the while his music is still playing in that hushed far off sound, now just the electric singing of an instrument that Aisling has heard many times, but is unfamiliar with.

Bernardo circumnavigates a large metal barrel and is now about 20 feet from Aisling. He seems to be straining to see in the dark, though his eyes are locked on Aisling. Bernardo's voice is still hushed, and he says, "I heard they had brought you down here. I guess I just wanted to see." He looks slightly embarrassed, and his cheeks flush.
    Aisling laughs softly, the sound mirthful but tinged in a longing sorrow. "As you can see, they freed me from one prison of stone, only to lock me in one of sorcery." She idly gestures to the collar about her neck.

"Your mistress is a cruel witch. I am...unsure...I will be able to help her how she wishes, and I am afraid my usefulness to her is coming to an end."

She seems soothed somewhat by the soft music she can hear from those strange ivory plugs in his ears, and despite not knowing the song, she begins to quietly hum along. Though it's not clear whether she is even aware she is doing it.
    Last edited by Erulasto; 2018-03-22 at 10:22 PM.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl nods to Anna, "I'll be near, you have my number." To Mobius he states, "I suggest thinking carefully, every oath has loopholes. I can do little without adequate information."

With that, Karl returns to his own room, and prepares for the day.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2018-03-24 at 08:02 AM.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Anna and Mobius begin the work of sun proofing their room in silence. Next door, Karl does the same.

It is about thirty minutes later when both Karl and Anna receive a series of texts from Julian. After confirming their location and room numbers, Julian writes, “Sending a crew to your location. Please make sure the room can be accessessed easily and without making too much noise.

One last text reads, “Keep us abreast of the situation if things change.

Looking at the room, Anna realizes she could easily slip a key card under the door with just a bit of stealth, though convincing Mobius to leave the door un-bolted would be a bit harder.

Show
    I do not mean to force you two to betray Mobius here, though there will obviously be consequences if you don’t. I recommend you discuss this carefully before deciding what you do. Regardless, I would still like a character box from both of you!

The boys shrugs his shoulders, screwing his face up as if he were trying not to vomit. “She’s not my mistress”, he blurts, “I’m... I’m not much more free than you are.” He looks back up at the door, self consciously. After a moment of staring at the light from above, he takes several more steps, so that he is just out of reach of Aisling. “My chains are just less... visible,” he whispers.

He seems to be staring at Aisling, though it is perhaps too dark for him in this room to see clearly. Crouching down so that he is at Aisling’s height, Bernardo asks, “You... you like my music?” He removes a vine from his ear almost instinctively, revealing that it is tipped by a shiny white bud that is clearly the source of the music.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ogre in the Playground

The boys shrugs his shoulders, screwing his face up as if he were trying not to vomit. “She’s not my mistress”, he blurts, “I’m... I’m not much more free than you are.” He looks back up at the door, self consciously. After a moment of staring at the light from above, he takes several more steps, so that he is just out of reach of Aisling. “My chains are just less... visible,” he whispers.

He seems to be staring at Aisling, though it is perhaps too dark for him in this room to see clearly. Crouching down so that he is at Aisling’s height, Bernardo asks, “You... you like my music?” He removes a vine from his ear almost instinctively, revealing that it is tipped by a shiny white bud that is clearly the source of the music.
    Bernardo's vehement announcement of his own form of captivity earns a small, sad smile from Aisling. As he comes closer, she tilts her head curiously at him.
    "You live in a gilded cage then, instead of in the dungeons. You are a prized pet then, like me? Did she try and break you as well with her magic?"
    The collar is lightly caressed while she grimaced slightly.

Aisling's head snaps up to him, her glacial blue eyes burning with intensity even in the shadowed room and she nods as vigorously as she can without setting off the pain-magic of her collar.
    "Oh! Yes!" it's the first real enthusiasm she's shown since she fed on Bernado. "I....I do not know it. The words sound foreign on my tongue and the instruments are.....so much.....more...." She trails off vaguely, eyes seeming to grow distant for a moment. "I should not know it...but somehow, I do, and it stirs or soothes my Beast, calms my fears....and I love it....." Aisling whispers almost reverently, leaning towards Bernardo unconsciously as he removes the ear-bud and she hears the music just that much more clearly.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"You live in a gilded cage then, instead of in the dungeons. You are a prized pet then, like me? Did she try and break you as well with her magic?"
    The collar is lightly caressed while she grimaced slightly.
    Bernardo looks down at the floor, eyes flitting nervously and brow furrowing. “Well, sort of...”, he says, his voice trailing off. As he speaks, Aisling catches the scent of blood... no, Vitae on the boy’s breath. Though Aisling’s time under Gazren had been short, she understands enough of what a Ghoul is, and how The Blood can be both intoxicating and addictive.

"I should not know it...but somehow, I do, and it stirs or soothes my Beast, calms my fears....and I love it....." Aisling whispers almost reverently, leaning towards Bernardo unconsciously as he removes the ear-bud and she hears the music just that much more clearly
    There is a look of excitement in Bernardo’s face, and he tears the bud from his other ear. With an extended hand he offers the strange vines to Aisling. “Here,” Bernardo says, “if you want to listen.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Bernardo looks down at the floor, eyes flitting nervously and brow furrowing. “Well, sort of...”, he says, his voice trailing off. As he speaks, Aisling catches the scent of blood... no, Vitae on the boy’s breath. Though Aisling’s time under Gazren had been short, she understands enough of what a Ghoul is, and how The Blood can be both intoxicating and addictive.

There is a look of excitement in Bernardo’s face, and he tears the bud from his other ear. With an extended hand he offers the strange vines to Aisling. “Here,” Bernardo says, “if you want to listen.
    His reticence at the idea of a gilded cage, it strikes her, is less from perhaps disliking the idea and more that his situation may very well simply be more....complicated. Especially when Aisling catches the sweet scent of vitae on his breath. Complicated indeed. It's always complicated when the Kindred are involved.

Her body tenses as Bernardo tears the other bud from his ear, and offers them to her. It's a sudden, instinctual response that is immediately soothed from the music now more noticeably coming from the ear-buds. Her own hand rises, tentatively, skittishly, to pluck the strange vines from his grasp - almost gingerly, as if she is afraid it with wither and die in her fingertips.

Aisling gazes at them for a moment, twisting and turning them about in curiosity. She even gives one a small sniff. She smells Bernardo, mostly, and the unfamiliar scents of vinyl and plastic. Slowly, oh so slowly, Aisling fumbles and muddles her way through fitting them into her ears and her features immediately light up with awe and joy. Her lips part, half-sighed and half-gasped wonder sounding in the cellar.

Those icy but intense glacial blue eyes shift up to look at Bernardo - so close to her - with wonder. She feels the wetness begin to form in the corner of her eyes.

"Thank you, Bernardo." is her soft, whispered devotion.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Bernardo grins, his eyes shining with pride at Aisling’s response. “I’m glad you like it,” he says, “it’s uh, Pink Floyd.” The words are meaningless to Aisling. He seems to appraise Aisling for a moment, then says, “If you don’t mind me asking... how old are you?” He flinches after the question, as if anticipating a violent response. “Sorry, no offense,” he says, “it’s just the way you looked at the earphones.
    Show