New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Guardians: Requiem of a Slumbering God (IC)

The Guardians' HQ Tower
    Old Alexandria

Rain pelts the windows, obscuring dark skies above and an old city below. Distantly, thunder roars. The interior of the tower is well kept. The black granite floors are polished to a mirror. White marble walls do not carry a single smudge, and allowing their bolt-like patterns to burn in stark relief with each flash of lighting. It's sterile, like a hospital waiting room.

Before you is a wooden door, slightly ajar, and behind that is an argument over the telephone.

"What do you mean you don't know what I know mean by 'Pavlovian?' There is no way you don't know what that means. It's your job to know what it means!" comes a woman's voice. "No, not precisely, Caerulea. I don't have to argue semantics with you, just train him properly!" Sissy slams her phone onto the table, and it can be heard bouncing onto the floor.

You had been called here to receive an assignment. Several of you are already full fledged guardians, but one of you is an apprentice, and another, an apprentice to be.

Tora stands idly buy, waiting to be called into the room with the rest of you. She's a tall catfolk, with tan skin, red hair, and black stripes on her skin. Her eyes are hazel, and very sharp, but also carry a certain coldness, a lack of light reflected, that wasn't always there. She's wearing the Guardians coat, though it's far darker than the standard white and black. It's well tailored, allowing the proud tigress to show off her figure. She had only recently completely her training under Diael, the guardian that had recently turned on the organization. She strokes her face, deep in thought. It's been a tumultuous and trying time for her, but now is not the time for sentimentality. Diael has only two surviving apprentices, and his works and projects must be continued, if not for the betterment of the order, for his legacy...

A sound snaps Tora back to this world. "I'm sorry, you can come in now!" Sissy calls. Inside the room is a white horn nephilim. Horn is a bit of a misnomer, as she has a pair of feather-like antennae poking out from her short blonde hair. She brushes a few strands away from her white eyes, which give her an eerie, macabre appearance. She's wearing a Guardian coat as well, but with standard shades and a black turtleneck underneath it. She leans back, nearly sitting on her wooden desk. The room is lined with shelves of books and strange statues. On the mahogany desk is a laptop, a few manila folders, and a photograph. "Oh good, you're all here, well, except for Caerulea. Fat lot of good she is."
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2017-08-09 at 09:52 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Guardians: Requiem of a Slumbering God (IC)

Eitri had sat on the first available chair in the room, instantly murmuring and mumbling figures, charts, and formulas to himself. He wore a grey flight suit, that fit him well, and was loose enough that it didn’t restrict the productive man in his endeavors. His Guardian coat was on top of it, almost like an after thought, half of the collar was haphazardly tucked underneath itself.

He wore his beard as proud as could be, and while you might think it would get in his way, he apparently did not, as if the spirits of his ancestors kept it trimmed and neat for him, keeping it out of the way as he worked. Which, oddly, was not far from the truth, as he had a literally ancestor floating above his shoulder, it was in fact, what….or whom, he was talking to. The glowing ball of light pulsed in response, emitting a quiet tone every now and then, it was almost gentle, like that of a harp string gently being blown in the wind.

Eitri looked up after being addressed “…oh wait, what?” He said, muttering, interrupting his own train of thought to attend this one.

“Yes, yes.” As if in agreement, you’re not sure he heard the statement.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Proto

A misshapen construct with one arm too big and another too small looks at the scene with attention. He wears a shield on his back, a small metallic plate obviously not made for him. When people are asked to come in, he starts making a light buzzing sound and steps from one foot to the next.

The shield detaches itself from his back, floating at ground level, flat, and metallic flaps open, making it much larger than before. A metallic-hued angel appears from a hole in the very fabric of reality, four feet tall and seemingly made out of glistening silver. The cherubim takes a small look around and barks a quick order.

"Number Two, standard protocol.
    Keep ready to open The Tower."

The construct jumps onto the shield and disappears in turn as the hole vanishes.

"Defense Drone, rest mode."

The shield folds itself yet again and disappears into the angel, sliding into his back seamlessly.

"Proto, present and alert.
    Why did you need my services?"
    Last edited by Xgya; 2017-08-10 at 02:13 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Kiehran

If a single word could be used to describe the individual that walks in next, that word would be 'style'. The suit is soft grey crushed velvet, three pieces over a brilliant white silk shirt and complimented by a narrow black tie. A shoulder-cape in the colors of the guardians hangs rakishly over his shoulders, swaying slightly around his lean body as he saunters forward and leans on the arm of one of the chairs. His hair is swept back as always between his long grey horns that stretch back from each brow, spilling loose down to the nape of his neck. A sardonic smile adorns his face and he nods respectfully at the full Guardians that enter the room before returning his attention to Sissy.

"Now, what has my diminutive mistress done to upset you this time?" His smile spreads a bit further, the gleam of white teeth showing against his pale skin. He follows the question with a thought, directly to Sissy. Is it something I can help with?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash

The next one to enter the room was a fresh off the university young looking man. Unbutton coat and black shirt, along with black loose pants were what he wore. Collapsing into the first empty chair and brushing off his two-colored hair from his eyes he asked with a slight smile.

"What we fightin' this time? Is it leprechauns?"
    Last edited by Yasahiro; 2017-08-10 at 03:28 PM.
    "If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Chashne

A lurid globe of bluish white light zips into the room, followed by two more. They spin in a tight circle, a dizzying triad of whirling light, casting shadows on the walls that flicker around like sundials on a three second week.

A moment later, Chashne swings into the doorway. He has the mussed fur and too-bright eyes of one who didn't get much sleep last night, and the maniac grin of someone who very much enjoyed not getting it.

Am I late?

One of the globes breaks off from the whirl and resolves into a small figure, beating jewelled insect wings, trailing sparks behind him, who settles on Chashne's shoulder with a staccato chatter.
    Last edited by Togo; 2017-08-11 at 12:41 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

The Guardians' HQ Tower
    Old Alexandria

"Argh, stay out of my head! Life if hard enough with one mind mage in it," Sissy complains, while frowning and rubbing her temples. "Listen, if she listened to me, it won't be your problem anymore, so I shouldn't tell you, Fiery. And, Chashy, try leaving earlier next time. You should manage your time better, and the only thing that gives me more headaches than telepathy are flashing lights. Anyway, I've got you all here for an assignment, and I think we're bringing in a new apprentice."

Tora is momentarily distracted by Eitri's disheveled visage. She shakes her head at him. "Yes, right," Tora says. She pats Proto on the head. "You know how you wanted join up? Well, I had a few talks, and pulled a few strings. They said I could train you." Tora flips her hair, while sporting a smug smile.

"Yep. Sounds like you already know a lot about magic, and you've already worked with Tora for a while. Really, it's a formality at this point. Should piece of cake." Sissy pats Proto on the head, and hands him a clipboard and a stack of papers to record his information. "Don't worry if you can't fill in some of the stuff. Like, you don't think anyone would call their kid Sissy, right? As for the assignment, for the last time we are not hunting leprechauns. We're hunting no fey until further notice. It's bad enough around here without the guys over in Faerie poking their noses around here."

"I agree, especially after the last time." Tora shudders.

Sissy snickers. "Are you sure? You looked great in that dress!" Her snickering breaks into full laughter while holding her chest.

Tora blushes and covers her face with her hand. "It's the principle of the thing! I don't want another mess like last time. Fey are a huge pain."

Sissy gets a hold of herself, wiping a tear from her eye, glancing at T'kit. "Present company excluded, right?" Tora scoffs in response. "Listen, I finally got all of the red tape around Diael's work cleared up. Funny how a bunch of of the council getting killed can loosen up the bureaucracy around here." She looks at Tora. "It's between you and Caerulea to make sure his works are passed down, through you and to your apprentices. You'll be working together on this."

Tora scowls. "That's great," she says sarcastically. "Actually, where is she? Weren't you two partners?"

"She's been acting up lately. Normally I can keep her together, but she says she won't do anything without a majority vote of the council, and since we don't have a majority of the council, that's not happening."

"Trouble in paradise?"

"Ha! She was never very keen on being teamed up with me, but I don't have a problem with her. She's a grown woman now, so I shouldn't have been babysitting her in the first place. You should go talk to her. Maybe promises of an interesting project will get her interested."
    Spoiler: OoC
    Show

For the record, the tower is Dimension Locked. In fact, Chash would know this, because he helped Rebecca do it before she died.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2017-08-12 at 09:21 AM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Fiehran

"A job, is it? Care to give us some details?"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash

He shrugs. "Then what are we fightin? Godzilla? I bet it's Godzilla then! Harry will definitely want to check it out... unless he made it by accident?" There was no sarcasm at all in Ash's voice when he asked both these questions. He was fully aware how Harry could be

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Eitri merely eyes Sissy, and is unsure if a mission was even talked about, all he heard about was a new member, he kept quiet, the pulsing orb next to his left shoulder pulsed quietly and whistled a low tone.

"I know grandfather, but we all can't be so blunt" he whispered.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

11. - Top - End - #11

Proto

Proto, still floating, looks at the assembled team, and answers back.

"Your trust is appreciated.
    Will endeavor to deserve it.
    As for paperwork, Number Two has no assigned tasks at present.

This new mission is likely part of training.
    Where is this assignment?
    What tasks are Guardians supposed to undertake?"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

The Guardians' HQ Tower
    Old Alexandria

Sissy squints at Ash. "No, that'd be dumb. If there is one thing the guardians ain't, it's stupid. And same to you, orby." Sissy points an accusing finger at Eitri's grandfather.

"How about you give me those folders and we can be on our way?" Tora asks.

"Yeah, yeah." Sissy hands that stack of folders to Tora. "It's all of the things you and your master were working on before, uh, some things happened. Now, it's been awhile, so I want to make sure you read through those. Mostly you'll be dealing with the cult that was hanging around, as well as finally excavating that damn lab." She hands the paperwork to Proto's robot. "Like we said, you won't be getting any real training, because you've already worked with Tora, and nobody has time for that." She shoos out the team. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have something to do. Probably. Go find Caerulea and tell her to work with you."

"See ya, Sissy. We'll talk later." Tora says, waving and heading out the door.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

You're assuming that prioritising my time would mean more time here...

Chashne exchanges a glance with his tiny familiar, and the whirling globes abruptly snap out. T'kit's glow fades to a mere aurora.

Protty's a good choice. Making magic stuff is still magic, right? And he understands all that planar theory stuff better than m-... better than, ah.. some people.

T'kit chirps a question.

Uh.. yeah, better than you even. He's pretty good. So... you two are going to be going through Diael's old stuff? How are you going to know what it is? Heck, he was a master of illusion - how are you going to know if you've found it?

He pulls up a chair, turns it around and sits down, leaning forward intently.

But I guess we shouldn't get distracted by details. We need to focus on what's really, really important. So... tell us about Tora and this dress!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash

While he just kept his smile at the remark about stupidity, He sat up a bit straighter at Sissy's next words.
    "A cult? Oh okay so heathens, should've been my first guess. It's always heathens."

Ah yes, time to bring down the wrath of merciful Oberon down on the heads of cultists, unless they repent of course. But first...

"Now do tell more about the dress incident. We're all curious, I see."

15. - Top - End - #15

Proto

"Cultists?
    This could prove harmful.
    Will be on my guard."

Proto gives a slight bow at the compliment.

"I carry a full library of planar cohesion theory on my person at all times.
    If you did, you would know much more about it too.

As for piercing illusions, I have a few methods.
    None of which are certain to work.
    That is unfortunate, but we will deal accordingly."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Eitri panics a little when she glares at grandfather. He forgot everyone else could see him too.

He frowns and follows everyone out of the office, listening intently about the cultists.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

The Guardians' HQ Tower
    Old Alexandria

"Well, it's really a funny story-" Sissy starts. However, she is interrupted by Tora grabbing Chashne by the back of his collar, and dragging him out of the room. "I'll message you them! It's great!" Sissy calls as the door is slammed.

"I think I know my way around Diael's works. I was around for most of the time he was making them," Tora says to Chashne. Chashne knows this, as they started as apprentices around the same time. Rebecca, Chasne's Master, was frequently with odds with Diael, and by extention, Tora. "You're probably going to have to stay in the mansion. You live on the northside of the bay, right? Commuting across the water to Umbria everyday will be a chore otherwise." Tora leads the group through the marble and granite halls, her footsteps echoing off the walls and windows. The building looks so devoid of life. The Guardians are a fairly large organization, but this tower dwarfs their numbers in sheer size, rising far above the abandoned city below. It doesn't help that most Guardians aren't stationed here, but are deployed elsewhere. It gives the impression the building is somehow toxic to mortals.

"As for the cult, there was a problem with some Sheol Cultists. There numbers were few, but they kept interfering with excavations, pilfering items, and claiming religious rights over artifacts. We never did figure out exactly what they were up to, but we thought they might have gotten to a few relics before we did. At the very least we should check them out, see if their little group has grown, and make sure they aren't hiding anything dangerous or hurting people," Tora continues.

She stops at Caerulea's door, finally dropping Chashne. "Hey, we're heading out." Tora calls inside.

Inside, a young human woman with blonde hair, split into many tails and highlighted a deep blue, stands at a chalkboard full of advanced mathematical and magical formulae. Her guardian coat has a peculiar, layered design around the waist, forming a lotus petal like skirt that goes down to her knees, nearly meeting her socks. She never wears her boots in her office, so they are sitting in the corner. Her eyes, are cold, dissatisfied, and a deep black, like staring into the bottom of the ocean. Her thin face is adorned with dark makeup.

Fierhan's mouth has been getting dry as he approached the room, but fortunately Caerulea absentmindedly throws a mint at him from a bowl on her desk, keeping her eyes on the board. It's weird how she always seems to know exactly when Fierhan could use one, but it's free candy and the only thing nice she seems to do. "Child." She suddenly calls to her apprentice, still focusing on her work. "Sadly, Sissy says I should not be giving you anything nice anymore. Perhaps in the future, you should keep my little treats a secret from her. You know authority can ruin people. Just a little taste and they start interfering with even the little things. You agree that your life is better with the mints I so generously purchase to keep you happy, correct?" Her voice carried a forced sweetness. She puts down her chalk, and turns to face Tora. "As for you, sister, I will admit that I am disinclined to leave the building. I have a lot of engaging work to be done."

"Yeah, that's why I figured you'd be holed up in your office," Tora admits. "However, I have something for you. A project that you've been barred from for a while."

Caerulea's eyes widen, and she smiles a little, revealing very sharp teeth. "No. You can't mean that our master's work has been released."

"Indeed it has," Tora says, smirking and holding up the stack of manila folders. "Two decades of work, passed down to us. That's including after you completed your apprenticeship and the work he did during mine. Your eyes have never laid upon it, I believe." Caerulea takes a step forward, reaching for the files, but Tora pulls them back. "However, they were released to me. I can offer you time with it, on one condition."

Caerulea frowns, and places her hands on her hips. "Well, you catty, conniving woman, name your price."

"You and your errand boy join us in Umbria. That's where most of Diael's work was being done, and where his active missions were based," Tora says.

"I understand having me involved," Caerulea argues, "but bringing the child with me? I will contest that notion. Having another agent will incur another cost." She licks her lips hungrily, interested in another morsel.

"Nope, he's useless," Tora says flippantly. "You would have to bring him anyway. As a major long term assignment, you're required to have him tag along."

Caerulea grimaces. "Very well." She acquiesces. "I'll have to take some time to gather my belongings and research. I can't leave a good work undone. Diligence is a virtue, as the Master would say." She starts picking up files and disks, organizing them into a briefcase.

Spoiler: Everyone
    Show
    Make a will save versus mind-affecting.

Spoiler: Proto
    Show
    You remember the cult. In general, forming a cult openly like they did is against the Edicts of Sheol, who preferred secret organizations. This held especially true after the other Elves started attacking Sheol worshippers. However, they didn't seem particularly dangerous, so revealing your identity to them in order to have them quiet down didn't seem worth it.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2017-08-13 at 02:51 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash

He watched Tora drag out Chashne out of the room, waited for them to leave, then directed his stare towards Sissy. Calmly, he stood up and dusted himself off.

"Now, while that might be a hilarious story, how about ye message it also to me, alright? Will be a right barrel of laughs. But, you know, we got heathens to deal with."

He tipped his non-existent hat and walked out of the room after the group. For as long as this takes them, they will be his posse, whether he wants it or not. So he'd rather know what's up. The robo angel of the group, well if he is an actual angel then good for them. Always happy to have them on their side! Orb Santa, he was a bit odd but he could work with that. Sissy's remark to "stylish" suit man being to stay out of her head made him happy he is protected, Caerulea is making another herself, but it's a man instead, it seems. Globe man, 'Chash' he thought his name was, seemed like a fun guy. But enough of that! Time to visit the girl who doesn't know the concept of personal thoughts, as that was where his group was headed.

"Oi!" he said, after joining up "Ye blokes forgot someone, but that's fine. Gave Sissy enough time to finish tellin' that story 'bout you Tora!" He finished, with a grin.

Spoiler: ROLLS
    Show

Spot (1d20+7)[12]
    Knowledge Religion (1d20+8)[27]

Will save (1d20+20)[25]

19. - Top - End - #19

Proto

Proto seems to speak to himself for a second, though his tone of voice doesn't lower.

"Irresponsible.
    Heathens, or misguided?
    Need more data"

Ignoring the rest of the conversation, he resumes his next assignment.

"Apprehend the cultists.
    Discover if they stole anything of value.
    Make sure they aren't planning anything dangerous.

Anything else?"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Chashne

He nods uncertainly. Umbria, fine. Mansion fine. He says, more to keep it straight in his own head than because he really thinks anyone gives a rat's ass whether he wants to go or not. This was a time for momentum, not planning, because...

His eyes widened.

Because someone else wanted the same thing? The cultists, certainly, but was there more? Tora was getting a group together, quickly, before the site was looted? But that would explain urgency weeks ago, not now. No, she was moving quickly because the decision had just been made.

And a decision made could be unmade. Or thwarted by direct action. Oh, the joys of politics.

Or maybe he was just being paranoid, and they were taking a large group because, cultists. But he hadn't missed the way Caerula folded almost instantly, even though she'd supposedly been stalling. Or that they'd had difficulty getting a majoirty in Council. From the sound it of they still didn't have one, and yet a decision had been reached anyway...

He wasn't going to make that next concert.

So.. how are we going to get there? He found his mouth asking. Apport? The port? Or Porter? The last was the local ostler, whose stable of steady but unremarkable beasts had furnished the inconspicuous mounts he'd used on detached missions in the past.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Fiehran

The young Nephilim glares at both Tora and Caerulea, clearly annoyed at their use of him as a "useless bargaining chip". In an instant he delves Tora's mind, swirling through a torrent of frustration and annoyance. His own annoyance softens a moment later, but he suddenly flinches and takes a half-step back at a fierce point of intent forms in the Guardian's mind.

"As I am certain you are both quite aware I am anything but useless. For instance," his shape flickers becoming identical to that of Tora, and his voice becomes a very close approximate of hers, "you can see that I would be quite useful at infiltrating the cultists and opening a path from within, and perhaps sowing some discord while I'm there." He reverts to his own form, and his own natural voice. "Never mind my own natural capacity for making... friends. I am very certain that I will be of use during this mission."

He keeps his distance from Tora for the moment, aware of a certain momentary animosity. He does flash her a smile, though.

22. - Top - End - #22

Proto

The cherubim listens to Fiehran's arguments and nods his head once, then twice, slowly, but clearly agreeing with the nephilim.

"I concur.
    Would rather befriend than rout.
    The cultists might have intel we cannot afford to lose.

Fiehran's attributes will complement our group well."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

The Guardians' HQ Tower
    Old Alexandria

Tora rolls her eyes at Ash. "That's not for you to know," she says icily.

"A horse is right out. There is no way I am not getting Sissy to teleport us. Have you seen the weather outside, child?" Caerulea asks Chashne. "Actually, I have a call to make." Caerulea picks up her phone and dials a number. "Sissy, I've agree to help my sister in arts, but one condition.. Yes, only one condition... I just need you to teleport use to Umbria... Yes, this is the only way I'll do it... If not for me, do it for Tora. You don't want her in the rain. Her tail fur will get wet... Yes. Excellent. Tora will be pleased." Caerulea hangs up. "Good news, sister. I have secured teleportation for our trip. You will be safe and dry for the evening."

Tora rubs the bridge of her nose. "And you call me conniving," she mutters. It takes her a moment to realize that Fierhan is speaking. She turns to see that the nephilim has taken her form. "That's flattering, but I will have to ask you to not use me as a disguise. The cultists might think something is up if you're someone who stands out as much as me." Tora flips her hair with her hand again.

Caerulea has a less generous response, scathingly chastising Fierhan. "That's tame, child. I don't remember raising such a milquetoast pet. Proceed to dominate the members instead. There is little room for error that way." Caerulea finishes packing her briefcase. "Of course, we could ally ourselves with them, or send in a plainclothes guardian as a faux inductee," she says to Proto.

Spoiler: Fierhan's mindread
    Show

Tora enjoys her own visage to an incredible degree, and is slightly flattered. She is the most beautiful Guardian, nay, woman in the world! However, her feelings wander into disgust when she realizes what Fierhan could be doing with her appearance. Thinking further, she's also a little insulted. She knows Fierhan's habit of finding his way into women's beds. Why settle for a 5 or a 6 when he can be a 10 whenever he wants? Despicable. Someone is going to have to learn to worship the ground she walks on to make up for this.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Fiehran

Spoiler: In Tora's Mind
    Show
    A rich throaty chuckle is followed by a thought. Forgive me, oh glorious leader. It was not my intent to offend, simply to prove my use. As for your other...
    worry... the appearance is just that, an appearance. Nothing tactile, and I would never dream of attempting such a thing.
    The thoughts convey sincere honesty. Besides which, to consider yourself a 10 is selling yourself short. You're an 11 at the very least!

Fiehran's eyes tighten at his teacher's words, and he growls his response. "I am not your pet, Caerulea. You are my teacher and sponsor with the Guardians, but you do not own me.
    As for domination.... as you know I feel my way tends to last longer and produce cleaner results. Perhaps one day we will have the opportunity to test the differences."

He glares at her in annoyance, and subtly flicks his fingers in her direction.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    In irritation, Fiehran is using Voracious Dispelling on Caerulea. There are -no- verbal or somatic components (spell-like ability), so unless someone is watching with Detect Magic going, they likely will not know it happened. Nevermind that part... ><

He figures that at best it will be a minor irritant to her.

As it is a targeted Dispel, I roll a CL check versus every effect she has active on her. I can take 10 on CL checks, which nets me a total of 20. I wonder if I should roll, though...

First three effects I'll roll for, then take 10 for the rest (total of 20)
    (1d20+10)[24]
    (1d20+10)[24]
    (1d20+10)[22]
    Last edited by PeacefulOak; 2017-08-14 at 05:43 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

The Guardians' HQ Tower
    Old Alexandria

Caerulea smiles, nonplussed by Fierhan's magical jab. "Oh, of course, child!" Caerulea squishes Fierhan's cheeks with her hand, carrying the briefcase in her other one. "You're a good boy. Now make sure to eat the mint I gave you. It was expensive and I don't want your mouth to bother you, child. Then, we can propose a trial run to test the various methods of infiltration."

Spoiler: Feirhan's Mind Stuff
    Show

"Ha! Very well, if you're interesting in making recompense through compliments, I suggest you stop carelessly casting spells on me, or any other guardian, for that matter. That is to say, get out and stay out of my head," Tora replies via telepathy, using a smug tone. "Besides, we need everyone to know how astonishingly magnificent you think I am. Praise via telepathy will not count."

Tora is now thinking of the mostly horrible things she can in order to dissuade further Mind Reading. It's becoming more and more obvious that she's seen terrible things, in both appearance and action. Your apprenticeship has been a cakewalk compared to hers so far.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2017-08-14 at 06:16 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Fiehran

Pulling his face free, he turns to Tora and bows deeply. "Well then, oh magnificent leader, shall we be away before your beauty robs us mere mortals of the ability to do aught other than admire you?"

With the attention hopefully turned from him for a moment, he pops the mint into his mouth. Good boy my left...

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash

He spoke no more when Tora told him to forget about the dress thing. But he still had his grin on his face.

However his smile was slowly dropping as he watched Caerulea's apprentice just... do his stuff. He actually was worse than her, it seemed. How should he reply to him? Ah yes, good ol' jabs. He took an overexaggerated look at the suit and pointed at Fiehran.

"Ya know, from the way ye'r actin', but the way you're dressed, I'd say you only bought that because you were lost on your way to Hot Topic and only bought that to not come back empty handed." he said, his face the definition of the word serious.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Chashne is leaning against the wall, his arms folded, one long leg bent so that his foot rests against it. Taking a break, but clearly ready to move.

He inclines his head towards Eitri, and says softly.

We've got a minute while they finish slugging each other with the ahh... 'Subtle Arts'. See, I just ask people. I find it works better in the long run. Of course I don't know if it would work better for them... His voice trails off as Fiehran turns on his teacher And if it did work better, whether they'd ever admit- oops, we've reached the insults now. C'mon, we'll be moving soon.

He straightens up. So.. we making any other stops before we go back to Sissy? The mansion is pretty well equipped from what I remember, but that was a while ago...

He mentally crosses his fingers. He doubted they really needed anything, but Guardians arguing about practical details are Guardians not melting each other's brains.

29. - Top - End - #29

Proto

Proto gives one of his rare smiles as he overhears Chasne's comments.

"Addendum to my earlier statement.
    His skill set is useful.
    The attitude needs some work."

Then, adding his voice to the conversation.

"Our briefing is over.
    I have not been corrected on my statement.
    Hereby assuming it was accurate.
    Should we not be on our way?
    We are giving them more time to prepare.
    They must know we are coming."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

The Guardians' HQ Tower
    Old Alexandria

Caerulea pats Fierhan on the head in praise. She gives him a toothy smile. It's like looking into a sharks mouth. "We'll have to meet Sissy towards the outside of the building on the first floor. Most of the building is warded against dimensional travel." The mint handles the dry mouth problem well. It's a good mint.

"Well, he has at least some good taste," Tora says smugly to Ash. "Anyway, I have everything I need. I'll head down with you guys."

The team walks down another hallway and all pile into an elevator, taking it all the way down the tower. From there, it's another long walk to the edge. There is a lobby just outside the tower's defenses, which is used by the Guardians that teleport. The lobby is similar to the hallways, but the ceiling is much higher, and sports a lovely chandelier. In the back of the lobby is an empty reception desk. flanked by two large wooden doors.

Sissy stands there tapping her foot. "Alright, do we have everything? I have cat videos to get back to," she says.

"I am well prepared," Caerulea says. "I appreciate you coming to our aid. Clearly the organization benefits from your efforts to improve efficiency."

"Well, I didn't do it for you. I'm still mad that you ignored my first call anyway."

"Anyway, thanks Sissy," Tora says. "I know this takes your precious time and spell slots."

"Well, you know I couldn't bare the thought of you having to travel out there." Sissy gestures through the glass exterior doors to the storm outside. She smiles meekly.