New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Guardians: Requiem of a Slumbering God (IC)

As Tora lounges, T'kit flitters over, wings buzzing and a high silvery trill coming from its throat, a simplified version of the music audible from the atrium. Behind it, the honey jar is missing three spoonfuls of . Where exactly T'kit has managed to put it all is not clear.

Still singing, and flying a series of erratic swoops and wobbly dives, leaving a trail of sparks behind it, T'kit starts braiding Tora's hair.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Proto

Proto nods.

"Your query is understandable.
    My mission remains the same.
    Protect nephilim.
    Find out what turns them into monsters.

The high angels do not count this one"
    , he points to himself, "among their numbers.
    The cultists will not find an ally either.

Kadic, if you please.
    Some things are best left unspoken.
    Your talents at telepathy are needed."

Spoiler: Telepathy, via Kadic
    Show
    Should he accept to relay his thoughts, Proto continues mentally.

*I know enough about divination magic and spy cameras to know reading minds from a long distance is more arduous than simply listening in. My nature forbids me from revealing too much about the reason of my presence here, but it also prevents me from lying to you. Suffice to say I came to be part of the Guardians at the request of the rephaim I was talking about earlier, and that we both serve the same higher purpose*
    Last edited by Xgya; 2017-10-29 at 11:01 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Guardian Manor
    Kadic Proto (and T'kit)

Caerulea smiles at Proto, her sharp teeth bared. "That is immensely fascinating. An angel strike out on its own? You really must let me study you sometime." She blinks when Proto requests to speak with Kadic privately. "I must say, you will garner an ample amount of suspicion if you insist on keeping secrets from your superiors."

"Leave the little guysss alone," Tora says. "I can vouch that he's a goood guy." She notices the tiny sprite, T'kit, braiding her hair. "Well, if it isn't T'kit, the little cutie pie." She scratches T'kit behind the ear with a dark nail. "We've never really gotten to chat, 'cause your master and I are always so busy."

Guardian Manor, West Wing

"Well, like if I hit something that's living, I'll cut really good. Their bones will break and stuff too. It's really sick. I'm also able to change up my balance, so even though I'm a stabby sword, I'll let ya use other fighting techniques with me. It's better than people leaving me lying around because of stupid excuses like 'oh I don't like swords, I only use spears,' honestly..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Black Dhalia is a Longsword +1 with the follow properties.
    Lifebane: Black Dhalia deals and additional 2d6 and its enhancement bonus improves by 2 versus living creatures.
    Wounding: as standard.

Additionally, black Dhalia is treated as any one type of weapon of the weilder's chose for class or feat abilities.

The blade directs Ash to a large room in the West Wing. "Listen, it's not swords or stuff like that, but this room has some goods. Well, stuff Diael thought was important." Inside are a bunch of ice sculptures that looks kind of like Sissy. There are quite a few of them, and despite the large air conditioning units in the room being shut off for several years, the sculptures haven't melted. "It's Prissy, Diael's wife. She went all loony, so like the other Guardian put her down. Diael went crazy too, but in his brain, and in the boring way. I wanted him to like go on a rampage or something, but instead he does this. Tries to bring her back with ice carving. Eventually, he did get pissed off enough, but I guess too pissed off 'cause now he's dead. A little counterproductive on my part, honestly, egging him on." The Sword pauses for a moment. "Hm... so there is a secret compartment on the ground. That might be able to get you something good. Dunno if you're good with magic, but he made new spells and stuff."
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash Arashi
    Level 12 | HP: 63/76 | AC: 28 Spent Nightstick, Turn Undead 6/9

He crouched onto the ground, trying to open that secret compartment, hopefully not leaving much trace of himself. He shouldn't be here, but do others know about this, or not? If not, then wouldn't this be wasted?

'Not that bad with spel- wait, no. Not good with arcane, better with divine. As for Diael... I can understand why he was like this, then. Gods only know what I would do if something happened to those I care for. '
    "If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

T'kit trills a cascade of high pitched notes as he get scritched, leaning into the nail. At her words he utters a burst of staccato clicks that sounds suspiciously like a snigger.

He doesn't stop braiding hair though. It seems like he's done this before.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Firbolg in the Playground

Leon Gloryborn

"It's okay, Lahala. Proceed." He sighs. "You two play nice..." He looks between them.

Largely ignoring Edinah's small pry into his life, he suggests a plan. "How about I make some dinner for the three of us, maybe some coffee and a movie?" He begins to shuffle the papers Edinah has left about into a neat pile. "Sissy is a good master. She treats me fairly."
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Fiehran

Fiehran listens to Chashne, carefully paying attention to the tone, the pace, the volume... and to the words themselves. He nods from time to time, conveying perhaps acceptance, perhaps understanding. Finally, he bows his head at Chashne's apology, his eyes drifting closed for a moment.

Naberius? Let me be me for a moment.

He raises his head, looking Chashne directly in the eyes. As he does so, he releases all the magic that he had sustaining his image and his presence. The immediate effect is the appearance of his savagely torn clothing, the deep slashes and jagged rents from sword and claw on his body. More subtle but perhaps for Chashne more impact-full is the diminished aura of attention that surrounds Fiehran, an aura that Chashne probably wasn't aware of in the first place. His words hold less weight, his motions are less attention-grabbing. Into this moment of transition, he speaks.

"You fear and distrust me, and Caerulea, because of what we can do. Do you, in a similar fashion, fear actors, newscasters, motivational speakers, and politicians? They all delve your mind with their words, seeking to change your point of view and thus change you. They spend years practicing this skill, perfecting it... just as I have. Yes, my magic is largely of the mind, and yes it is terrible if used with cruelty. Have I struck you as cruel? Do I appear unkind to your eyes?" He sighs, dropping his eyes and further dropping his own attitude, letting the air of confidence that he carries with him fall away.

"I'm a person, Chashne. A good one, if I'm allowed to say that. I may not always play by the rules, but I do it for the right reasons. I didn't have to challenge that beast, and I thought it was probably the wrong choice.... but I did it because I support my team. And I paid for it." He gestures to his wounds, wincing slightly. "I'm glad you had a nice date. I hope...
    I hope that we can do what we need to and not spoil that for you."

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Chashne relaxes a bit as Fiehran's aura subsides, his tail going still. It strikes Fiehran that he relaxed not because he felt better, but because he wanted Fiehran to see that he felt better.

Politicians? Of course I do. And motivational speakers. I also distrust second hand car sales people, cult leaders, fangirls who swear they're older than they look, and real estate agents who have a special one-time only offer for me, involving a bridge. Don't you?

He shifts from foot to foot without standing up, still perched on the banister.

Of course we're all good people. Or at least I hope so. That's why we're here, right? So I don't try and avoid you or anything. But it still makes me nervous.

He sighs, and slings the guitar.

Recently I hit a breakthrough. Got beyond my innate magic and into something more theory-based. Variation on transformation magic - instead of transforming the target into something, I can transform them into nothing. I reckon nothing short of divine intervention will bring you back from that. I don't know if that worries you, but it scares the stuffing out of me.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Leon's Apartment
    Leon

"Alright, I'll finish the ritual," Lahala says demurely, giving Edinah a suspicious, sideways glance as she heads back into the living room, her tail snapping against the ground angrily.

"Yes, dinner sounds lovely," Edinah says. "Still, I would like more information. She sounds nice, but that doesn't really tell me anything her, or you for that matter. I know Guardians can be secretive, but there's gotta be something you can tell." She strokes her chin in thought again.

"I could make some cheesecake," Lahala says from the other room. "Ooh! Maybe some pecan pie. Or a pumpkin tart..."

Guardian Manor, West Wing

"Well, yes, there, right there," Black Dhalia signals Ash as he searches the room of the secret compartment. It's a panel in the hardwood floor, perfectly fitted and nearly impossible to find without direct. No magic radiates from it, as any spells likely would give away its position to a canny mage, or the spells are masked from detection by abjurations. Ash is able to remove the panel.

Inside is a few notebooks. The titles are in an arcane language, probably marked in a proprietary manner by Diael for his own use. However, the insides are not coded. It's likely that the spell contents were being prepared for public release in the near future. His sudden death would have ended any plans for publication. The spell described inside is "Simulacrum," something unlike any spell Ash has seen. It creates a living, breathing duplicate of a person, using illusory techniques and ice sculpture.

"Diael was worried about releasing it. When I asked him about it, he said that the ability to replace people with perfect duplicates could cause a lot of instability internationally. Like, if you assassinated someone and replaced then with a duplicate that does anything you want it to, with no magic like a mind control spell to give it away. You could do a lot of damage. Of course, I prefer a more direct stabbing."
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2017-11-05 at 01:34 PM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

10. - Top - End - #220

Leon Gloryborn

"Pumpkin tart sounds lovely, Lahala."
    The nephilim says honestly, simultaneously thinking about what terrible torture Sissy would devise for him should he make cheesecake without her, let alone with another woman.

He turns his attention to Edinah. "Well, she's female, fairly attractive, has nice hair, keeps good tabs on me, and..." He pauses, trying to add something more. "Blonde?" He grins at her, a little mischief playing across his face. "As for learning about me; you should try having a nice conversation with me instead of rummaging through my past that I've conveniently shoe-boxed." He raises an eyebrow.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Outback Jack Malloy

Jack tugs his wide brimmed hat off his head and glances about. He runs his currently clawed thumb down the trail of bright pink spikes running down the back of his head. He quickly checks the scrap of paper secured inside his hat against the address on the apartment in front of him.

"Nope, not quite it. Let's see then!
    Maybe one more apartment down should do it."

He pulls his hat back on and flicks the brim edge for good luck.

At the next apartment, Jack checks the address one last time and uses an effect he lent to him by disenchanters to detect magical auras. Yeah, this is the place. Three separate clusters of auras? This "Leon Gloryborn" must not be alone.

"I'll have to treat this like a small pack of blink dogs, then... Don't sneak up on then. Best to make myself known!"

Jack raises one of his four hands and knocks loudly on the door.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Leon's Apartment
    Leon

Lahala smiles genuinely for the first time. "Great! Maybe Luka will smell the spices and come running home," she says hopefully, clasping her hands together than looking skyward in a silent prayer. She hears the knock at the door and her ears perk up as she gasps. "Speak of the devil, that must be him. He can't resist a good dessert." She bounces to the door.

"Ugh, but that's the best part about you," Edinah says. "Besides, I'd love to have a shoe box of everything the real Edinah has been doing," she continue, looking at Lahala when she realizes she let her identity slip. Lahala isn't paying any sort of attention. "It's weird showing up at work and only having a vague idea of what I'm doing. Fortunately, the Prime had her own share of episodes in the past so I've been given some leeway. Anyway, Sissy sounds lovely." She elbows Leon suggestively.

"Welcome back!" Lahala says as she swings the door wide open. She is giving a big smile. However, when she realizes that the man she is looking is not Luka, but some random Nephilim that had walked in off the street, she is suddenly a lot less generous. She hisses and spits angrily, and says something very judgemental in catfolk.

13. - Top - End - #223

Leon Gloryborn

"Let me offer some advice about people, Edinah. They like to have their information wined and dined out of them, not conveniently codexed for later use." He says, rolling up his sleeves over his surprisingly well toned arms before seeing Lahala react... poorly to the person at the door. He offers a final response about Sissy to Edinah. "It's platonic. I get the feeling she's not all that into me."

"Grace in all things, Lahala." He says to the catfolk with a gentle smile before setting her aside. It was an easy motion, with all the gentleness of a cloud. One second the hissing catfolk was in front of the door, the next she was slightly displaced to the side and offered a comforting pat gesture. "Good afternoon, sir." Leon takes note of the man's features, in case he's here with hostile intent. Wouldn't be the first time, and he expects it won't be the last. "What can I do for you?"

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Outback Jack Malloy

"Blink dogs, indeed. Even an established pack leader. This must be Gloryborn himself."

The nephilim at the door ducks his head down ever so slightly as he doffs his hat with two hands. He very deliberately extends another hand in greeting, "Howdy, I'm Jack Malloy. They call me Outback Jack and you're welcome to as well, assuming you're Leon Gloryborn. And, well, I wouldn't mind being invited in. It's been a long trip and there was a mix up with my transportation here. I've been walking for a couple days. So, a drink of cold water would be much appreciated as well."
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2017-11-10 at 11:52 AM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash Arashi

Stared at the notebook he held in his hands, his mind listening to what Dahlia was saying yet refusing to want to accept it. A spell that could make an exact copy of person, that would obey orders of the creator. Nobody would know if there was a copy in place if the copy was careful. Any scanning for magic that affects minds to see if something affects their behavior. The assassination... What about replacing those close to someone, to get their secrets? What if...

He could barely feel the flames slowly engulfing his wrist, yet he stopped them before they reached his fingers and the book. Yet everything was screaming at him to burn it. This book shouldn't exist, and it was in format ready for public release. Anyone with enough arcane power could use it. Especially if they could read minds of their would be "victim" that they want to replace, making sure the copy had exact mannerisms and memories. Maybe they wouldn't even need it, and the clone would have the exact memories of the person at creation.

'Does Tora know about it? Does Caelurea know about this?! This... I thought Diael's attempts at creating a spell like this were failures, that's why the statu- This can't be allowed to exist or be found, why shouldn't I just burn it right here, right now?'

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Chashne abruptly leaps from the bannister to the steps.

You're right though, Fierhan. It's not the means by which you do things, because we can all hurt each other. It's whether we're people who would. And I have no reason to think that of you, or any of the Guardians. I'm sorry.

He peers at him more closely, as if really seeing him for the first time.

And speaking of making amends, it looks like you got more badly hurt than you're letting on. That, at least, I can help with.

He unslings his guitar, tuning it back to a major key, and says apologetically This one's a little cheesy, I'm afraid. And, err.. loud.

He starts to play what may be a familiar tune, one of the first he ever performed, when he was starting out. It's not subtle, but the rising and falling notes carry the tune along. From his position at the foot of the main stairs, the song carries throughout the house, like a fresh, clear, wave.

You can hurt me, you can make me plead.
    You rip my heart out, and let it bleed.
    But you're not going to contain me, tell me what I'll be.
    You're not going to make anything else of me.
    Not going make out that what I am is wrong,
    I carry on.
    I carry on.

Spoiler: Bardsong - the solution to everything!
    Show
    Using inspire competance to invoke the power of Dove's Harp (MiC p156), to give everyone within 60' fast healing 3, for 10 rounds. They will also get a competance bonus of +3 on any one skill they happen to using, or are about to use, for the duration of the song and for a minute afterwards.

I'll follow this up with a cure light wounds on Fierhan for (1d8+5)[11] assuming he's still hurt.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Bugbear in the Playground

Proto

Proto gives a small bow at Tora vouching for him.

"Thank you for your trust, though inebriated as you might be."

As the song starts, he skitters and slowly floats towards the top of the stairs and listens carefully, as in a deep trance. His features lighten up and he smiles, a rather rare occurrence.

"Music.
    Holds the key to many souls.
    Makes the world vibrate anew.
    The real magic it holds is giving life to simple words.

This angel is unable to perform such an art.
    But can appreciate another artist's craftsmanship nonetheless.

Turning thoughts into reality.
    That is what sorcerers of all kinds call 'magic'.
    Yet artists of all walks of life wield such power."

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Leon's Apartment
    Leon

"Well, that's a shame. Anything else juicy you have, or will we have to wait for the wine?" Edinah asks Leon.

Lahala closes her eyes and pouts as shes moved and has her head pat.

"OOh! Who's this, another Guardian?!" Edinah says,walking up behind Leon, then bump past him to offer the newcomer a handshake. "I'm Edinah, the very real WMOC officer. We're about to make some dinner."

Diael's Simulacrum Lab, Guardian Manor
    Ash

"Wow, put it that way maybe we should keep it. Ya obviously have something more in mind for this thing. Like, how much damage could I do with it?!" The sword pauses for a moment. "Uh... I mean we could do with it." It pauses again, noting the awkward . "Uh, anyway, Tora knows about it for sure. She might be attached to it. Caerulea doesn't know about it, as far as I know. She wasn't working with Diael when he was developing the spell. Anyway, he considered the spell a failure, kinda. You know, like, his wife died, so he was like 'I'll make a new one,' but like the fakes are really good but he knows they're fake so it kind of makes it pointless."

Guardian Manor
    Everyone else

"You're welcome, apprentice. Anyway, I think I'm good to get some sleep," Tora says. "Night everyone, night T'kit." Tora gets up, extremely long braid swinging as she does so. She spreads out her arms to steady herself. "Woah, can I get some help here, Cael? I'm a little drunk."

"I will help." Caerulea says as she lets Tora lean on her. "It's about time I turned in as well. Good evening," everyone.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"EDINAH! How lovely to meet you!" Her offered handshake is accepted with a gusto. "How they could have failed to mention you, I have no idea!"

"And yes, of course! I am, in fact,
    a Guardian, headhunted for my expertise in the field of Magical Beasts."

"Now, if you don't mind too much, I really am quite in need of a cool drink of water."
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2017-11-13 at 10:55 AM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash Arashi

He stood there. If he burned the books here, others would smell smoke, they'd know something was up and might even stop it. If he just takes them, they could locate them. What i-

He looked back at the compartment and swiftly put the notebooks back into the lead box, closed the secret panel in the floor and just put the box inside his bag of holding. He had to go, find a safe place. His backyard... It's too obvious, but is it? One can't exactly divine for something that's not there, and since it is in a lead box...

He left the room, after making sure there was no tracks or clues left of his activity there, his plan being to just leave the mansion and retire for the night to his place first...

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Guardian Manor
    Chashne Fierhan Ash and Proto

Ash heads back into the stares, running into the gang that had congregated around Chashne’s song. Caerulea is supporting Tora on her shoulder, her legs shaking under her taller compatriot’s weight.

“Yeah, love this. Guys musssic,” Tora say, pointing a finger at Chashne. “He’s got talents. He’s goin’ places, ya know?”

“This composition need work,” Caerulea mutters to herself.

“And this guy!” Tora suddenly exclaims, ignoring Caerulea and grabbing Ash by the shoulder. She’s not checking her own strength due to her inebriation. It’s like being caught in a vice grip. “This little marshmallow. You did good today.” She pulls him in for a hug, nearly knocking Caerulea off balance. “Thanks for getting Fierhan back alive,” She whispers to him.

22. - Top - End - #232

Leon Gloryborn

"Indeed, we will." He nods to Edinah's wine comment. "More than a little wine is required to get more juicy information out of me."

He shakes Jack's hand. "Leon Gloryborn, at your service. Come in, drink and dine." He offers.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash Arashi

Now, most men when confronted with such strength and being hugged by a quite attractive woman, whose particular assets were located at regular person's head height, would be overwhelmed by this.

However, Ash had experience with drunk women of quite tall stature hugging him, so it wasn't that what caught his attention, but rather Tora's words. She was drunk, yes, but even then a person's words while drunk are usually most honest or innermost thoughts.

'She is actually grateful. She cares about us, not just mission or organization.' he thought. But he had to react. "It... was no problem. Wouldn't let any person just die like that." He said, a bit sheepish, before trying to break out of her strong hug. He took a look at Caelurea and at how she was shaking underneath Tora. With that muscle and height... yeah. "But let's get ya to bed first, ya need rest, alright?" he said, trying to once more put on his persona, yet slowly starting to feel he didn't have to. Trying to support Tora on the other side than the one Cael was on

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Outback Jack Malloy

Outback Jack knocks his boots against the doorjam before stepping into the apartment. He peeks around until he finds the kitchen tap and ducks his face into the flowing water. He uses a hand to bring the water to his lips.

"WHOO! That hits the spot! So what's on the menu tonight? I'd be grateful if you'd let me pull my weight somehow. Maybe later on I can get a hand with finding room and board?"

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Fiehran

As the ensemble gathered into the hallway, Fiehran had tensed for a moment despite the relaxing wash of healing energy that surged through his body. In a flash his appearance had returned to its smooth composure, and his innate aura of attention once again floated about him. Still, he was touched both by Chashne's words, and by those of his allies as they stumbled through and made to leave to their own spaces.

Softly, in Chashne and Ashes minds... Thank you. What you have done today.... I owe a debt. I will find a way to repay it.

He then steps in and lends a shoulder to the efforts of supporting the as-yet inebriated Tora. As he leans in, his mind brushes Caerulea's. I have perhaps been over-proud, of late. I am still your student, with much to learn it seems.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Chashne looks at the people supporting Tora, and decides that he really isn't needed. Instead he goes to the kitchen, somewhat disgustedly scoops up a still-reeling T'kit, and puts a few things away. He mutters a quick hygiene spell, and then stores the honey back in the cupboard, and straightens the chairs, while his magic cleans errant honey from the table and countertops. And the back of the chair. And the cealing.

He paused for a moment, a softly crooning T'kit cupped in one hand, and listened to the others moving around upstairs, putting Tora to bed, and saying goodnight, as if sleep were a voyage to a far off land, rather than simply lying down next door. Maybe it was.

The growing stillness of the house was warm, almost welcoming. For a moment he tried to imagine Oniyuri with him. Sitting in the kitchen, chatting about magical artefacts. Discussing research, and threats to the country. Helping to carry Tora upstairs.

It didn't really fit.

Just for fun, he tried swapping out Oniyuri with some other girls he knew. Yup, still fun to think about. Somehow some of his fellow Guardians didn't seem quite so intimidating as they used to, which made his speculation more entertaining than previously. He thought about Oniyuri again.

Maybe the problem wasn't the situation, or even her. Maybe the problem was him.

He collected a glass of water, and started up the stairs. T'kit was only glowing very softly but the weak half-light didn't bother him. He could see in far worse. He paused by Tora's door, to send T'kit in to put the water by her bedside. She'd need it, and T'kit could go through the door without opening it, or disturbing her.

Then he went to bed. Tomorrow was looking to be a terrible day. He was looking forward to finding out how bad it would be.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Leon’s Apartment
    Leon and Outback Jack

“Interesting,” Edinah says, vigourly shaking Jack’s hand, despite the bandages covering her arms that must be hiding some kind of injury. “I have a bit of a fondness for magical beasts myself. I always wondered what kind of efforts were being made by the Guardians to study enchanted fauna.” She smiles broadly. She heads to the kitchen and comes back with some glasses and a wine bottle. “Wine anyone?”

“Pumpkin tarts,” Lahala mumbles to herself. She pulls a pumpkin out of her bag, and heads to the kitchen to make her master’s favorite treat. Jack notices that there are pictures of a blonde, effeminate man everywhere in the room. Upon closer inspection, some of them seem to be this man sleeping.

Guardian Manor
    Fierhan Ash and T’kit

Ash can’t fully escape her grip, but is able to use it to support Tora the rest of the way to the bed.

Caerulea laughs in Fierhan’s mind. “I never thought humility would be a lesson I could impart to you, child. It was never a virtue of my master, and so he was never able to teach it to me,” she answers by their telepathic link.

The group dumps Tora unceremoniously onto her bed. The room is well decorated. Several photographs of Tora with her friends, Diael, Will, and Edinah. There is desk with a laptop on it, as well as a guitar in the corner.

Caerulea takes of Tora’s boots and tosses them into the corner as T’kit puts the water on her side table. Tora herself has started snoring.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Outback Jack Malloy

"Edinah, wine would be great.
    I truly appreciate tha..."
    As the towel comes off his face, Jack can't help but notice the bandages, "What happened here?"

With a calming method practiced on wild animals, Outback Jack takes hold of one of Edinah's arms at the elbow and gently, but firmly, pulls it close. He tenderly lifts one of the bandages and peers at the injury it hides. "If I might offer some advice, it is unwise to arm wrestle a girallon. They cheat!"

"Forgive me if I'm stepping on any toes here, but take of this what you need to heal yourself. This goes for the both of you as well." he looks over to Leon and Lahala before uttering a small prayer under his breath. The healing energies fill the room.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Casting Healing Circle as a 5th level spell from a 10th level caster.
    5 charges.
    Each can drain a charge.
    The first charge so drained functions as a cure critical wounds spell, the second as a cure serious wounds spell, the third as a cure moderate wounds spell, and the fourth as a cure light wounds spell, and the final charge heals only 5 points of damage.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Fiehran

Stepping back, he leans nonchalantly against the door frame as Tora is left to sleep off her inebriation. In Caerulea's mind, timed to avoid interrupting her actions... You'd be surprised at how humbling a near-death experience can be. There was nothing I could do, Caer. I would have died.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash Arashi

Looking over the situation... Yes, he could be sure that Tora would be able to rest. His eyes lingering on Cael just taking an extra moment to make Tora comfortable, he decided to leave.

His eyes also lingered a bit more on Fiehran, yet for different reasons. All he gave him after that telepathic message was a nod.

"Good night, everyone..." He spoke, but not too loud as to not wake the sleeping cat. And with that, he left the mansion, to finally get to his own home.

He wasn't sure what to make of Fiehran anymore. Was that 'thank you' honest or was it just what he considered polite or necessary after having his life saved? How could he know he was honest, considering the nature of his powers?
    Last edited by Yasahiro; 2017-11-16 at 11:01 PM.