Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 32
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Male

    Default [T2013] Long Walk IC

    Your own cough woke you up.

    Looking around, you saw, through the smoke, that the plane is wrecked, and the flames are slowly consuming everything and you remembered.

    Pilot's announcement. The lights, at first flickering, then disappearing completely. The feeling of free fall.

    The crash.

    You stumbled out of your seats, avoiding the flames, helped each other carry out what you could. The other passengers - the chaplain, the two drunkards, even the stewardess were...

    ...they were all dead.

    You were alive, unharmed, save for few bruises and cuts. A miracle - one could say.

    The same couldn't be said about the pilot.

    You stood outside the remains of the burning plane, watching the nature around you. Snow was falling, but it was just a small handful of snowflakes - a real difference against the blizzard that caught them in the air. The land, the trees - everything was covered in fresh snow and their boots submerged up to their thighs.

    The pilot landed the plane well - on a long, narrow strip of clear ground between trees, which sloped a bit. Looking to the left of the downhill slope, they saw mountain range in the distance. Above it, the sky gradually turned from dark blue of the night to paler colours of the dawn. To right the hills were covered by coniferous forest and behind them the hill raised up.

    The three of them together saved their backpacks, and pulled four bodies out of the plane. Neither of the bodies were alive.

    There were no signs of civilization in sight and while the flames of the plane warmed them for now, they had to find someplace to hide from the elements - and other hazards. It was time to go.

    They had a long walk in front of them.

    -----

    Day 1
    After the Crash
    Dawn
    Last edited by lacco36; 2017-08-10 at 01:36 PM.
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Yes, that is my name. Feel free to use it.
    Currently GMing:
    Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    "Brace for impact." The pilots words echoed in Laura's dream. She could see the panic on the other passengers, she had even instructed one of them how to place his head, not that it had done him any good. Even in her dreams, she couldn't remember their names, and their faces... their faces weren't theirs. It was Jones, who had taken a bullet through the leg and got sent home, there was Adams, who had thrown himself on a grenade to save her and there was Smith who had taken a bullet through his helmet, somehow just gracing his scalp, not the people she had traveled with. The time from the announcement until the crash seemed to last forever, but it hadn't been that long, had it? Suddenly there was bright light, and all she felt was calm and quiet.

    Laura woke with a spasm when the sun's first rays shone straight onto her closed eyes. How long had she been gone? Where was she? She checked her basic motor functions, but beyond her elbows hurting a bit from the impact she felt alright. And they would recover soon, something that couldn't be said for a broken neck. She looked at the plane, and barely contained a laugh. How had she survived this? Why was she still alive? At least there had been two other survivors, so she wouldn't be lonely out here in the nowhere - but with her luck it had to be the two officers. She stood up. The cold had gotten to her muscles, so she started to move her limbs around some, trying to get some heat up.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    The other woman stirred and Zsofiya muttered dark curses in Ukraining underived her breath before she sat up and realized she was still alive. A moment later she sat bolt upright in wide-eyed panic. She looked around frantically and then slumped back in relief when she saw her pack sitting in the snow a safe distance from the flames. She, or one of the others, had been smart enough to drop it clear of the flames, or there would be a smoking hole here instead of three survivors. She stood up slowly, stiff from sleeping on the ground, bruised from the crash, but not hurt, apparently.
    A full 150cm (in combat boots) tall, she rarely looked down on anyone. With her slender figure and her indifferent brown hair cut short, she was frequently mistaken for a boy, but she surveyed the landscape with a two practised blue eyes. Seeing no immediate threats, she crouched down beside the other woman.
    "I am Zsofiya," she said, her English thickly accented. "Are you hurt?"

    (3d20)[11][5][9](25)/RES-8

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    Deac sat up quickly and regretted it instantly. His head still spinning, Deacon slowly stood up and checked himself out. No broken bones, that's good. Just a few hundred deep bruises.

    Looking around, and locating his gear, Deacon quickly goes to where the cargo area would be. Looking around and moving the pieces of wreckage that he could, Deacon finally found what he was looking for.

    "Hold on you little baby. You act like you've never been in danger before." With a relieved laugh Deacon opens the door on the kennel and lets out his long time companion. As soon as the door is open the large German Shepherd bounds out and shakes himself..as if to get the kinks out.

    It's at that moment that Deacon sees the other two females. Remembering them from when the plane was being loaded, Deacon pauses as he looks them over. "King, heel. We've got guests."

    King quickly obeys and the two of them make their way over to the two females.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    The sky was clear now, with only few gray clouds in the distance, above the mountains. The slight breeze however did sting their faces and hands - everything that was uncovered. Still, they were safe - for now. For this moment.


    Zsofiya

    Their immediate surroundings were rather barren - but after some looking around she noticed a pattern she was looking for. It took her a moment to find a place where the wreckage removed the half meter of snow which covered it, but now she was sure. They were standing on a gravel road. And roads usually went somewhere.

    As she watched the horizon and tried to discover any signs of civilization, she noticed something - she estimated the distance for around 5-7 miles, directly down the hill to the left of the road. Buildings - a small settlement. The snow made sighting complicated, but she was sure she noticed a roof.

    Other than that, she noticed few birds - mainly crows, circling on the sky around half mile down the road.

    The other lady seemed unharmed and only a bit confused.

    Deac

    King was alive and unharmed. He seemed a bit shaken, walking instead of running to fulfill the order, but the dog never liked flying. And after a landing like this, Deac couldn't blame him.

    Worse, Deac could not find his backpack on the plane - it seemed unlucky he had to load his bag into one of the compartments in the back, since he came latest to the flight - the compartment which was torn away with the row of seats that belonged to it. But he was able to drag out three other backpacks, which belonged to other people, and was able to salvage his personal firearms and other personal effects.

    With the backpacks out of the plane, and in safe - yet warm - distance, he was able to put together something for the walk ahead.

    Tangle

    The two officers seemed unharmed. And one of them had a large german shepherd with him - obviously a trained dog. It watched Tangle and the other lady with the strange dog expression of interest and curiosity.

    Well, they seemed unharmed. It was a question of how harmed they actually were - maybe not much, but she would have to take a look at them at some point.

    When it wasn't so cold...
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Yes, that is my name. Feel free to use it.
    Currently GMing:
    Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    Laura's hand reflexively moved for her carbine when she heard the slavic tongue, but then stopped as she remembered Zsofiya had not been restrained when entering the flight. "Rossi." She replied. "I'm fine, mam." Kneeling before Zsofiya, she pulled off her right glove and moved a finger slowly before her eyes "Can you please follow my finger?" It was just a rhetoric question, her tone was calm yet direct. "Concussions can be a nasty thing, mam. Does the light hurt?"
    She heard the third survivor behind them, but didn't need to turn around, the american dialect was soothing enough. She had heard one of the other co-passengers refer to him reverently, so he might have called down artillery dangerously close often enough, or some other stunt that officers seemed to do, blind in their pursuit of promotion and recognition.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    Deacon stops as he gets close to the two females. One of them, with obvious medical training, was checking on the other.

    King walkd up and sniffs the air checking fir threats. After a couple seconds and no thrests he lays down in the snow with an almost bored expression on his face.

    Not wanting to disturb the medic, but wanting to find out what information they knew, Deacon spoke up introducing himself first.

    "Cross...have either of you spotted any other survivors?"

    Seeing the obviously slavic features, Deacon quickly changed to Russian and asked a simple question. "I'm sorry, do you speak english?"

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    "Yes, yes, I see finger," she says, her eyes following the other woman's finger for a moment. Then they were following the dog, making sure it wasn't going to rip her throat out. "Light fine. Head fine. Are you doctor?"

    There was no mistaking the way the others reacted to her accent. It was common enough among the EU forces, and almost universal with Americans. She answered Cross's question in English. "A little English.
    A little Russian. I am Ukranian. Fight with EU.
    " She points to her shoulder, and then realizes the overwhites had no markings, so she unzipped them to show the shoulder of her fatigues, and the blue EU BG patch. Just below it was a second patch that looked like a rook from a chess board, identifying her as an engineer.

    She surveyed the wreckage around them and shook her head.

    "No other survivor, I think. Just us. Good pilot, to land on road. Thank you," she said, the last under her breath, and crossed herself. She gestured along the road to where the crows were circling. "Maybe food. Maybe danger." Then she pointed towards the settlement. "Maybe people. Best chance of getting warm, I think." She remembered the last winters. They had been more deadly than the fighting.
    Last edited by Jasminenocturne; 2017-08-11 at 04:53 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    "Good, let me know if you feel dizzy, have trouble with your balance when walking or if your head starts hurting, alright? No, we're not that lucky, mam, I'm just a medic." Laura offered a smile without much warmth. She stood up turning towards the final survivor, feeling her knees hurt from being still in the cold. "You alright sir? Dizziness, nausea, problem with the bright light or balance?" She put her glove on, not keen on waving her fingers in the face of a man with a dog, regardless of how much control he seemed to have over it. "There were no survivors, sir." There's something casual about the way she says it, as if discussing weather, although her stare is distant. "Zsofiya is right, we need to find some shelter and figure out where we are, sir." She takes a look at the buildings Zsofiya indicated, trying to determine the passage that would offer the most cover. Her eyes perked as she saw the crows circling, frowning she pointed at them.

    Spoiler: Fieldcraft
    Show
    (4d20)[14][12][3][11](40)AWA-11 (?)
    Last edited by Harmony; 2017-08-11 at 06:05 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    Deacon smiles as Laura does a quick med check on him. "I'm fine Sargeant. This is my first plane crash, but not my first rodeo. I'll make it to where shelter is and hold it together until a more detailed check can be done."

    Looking around Deacon takes the site of the village in the distance and spies the crows circling in the air. "We definitely need to find shelter, no doubt about it. Some one definitely either saw or heard the plane go down. I honestly don't feel like waiting to see if they are friendly or not. It would probably benefit us to do a quick sweep of the area where those birds are circling. Could be anything from a section of the plane with survivors there, or a days old battlefield. Either way it shouldn't take to long."

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    "Yes, sir." Laura offers a hand to Zsofiya, to assist her in getting up.

    "I was thinking the same thing, sir. Let me know when you're ready to move out." She does a quick check on her gear, and soon puts her bags on. As she's done, she gives a brief nod to notify the others of her readiness.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    Zsofiya gets to her feet and shoulders her pack. The settlement is ten clicks off, a decent step going across country in the snow. She looks at her two- no, three- companions.

    "You two take point?" she says to Cross, her eyes indicating him and the dog. "Or me, but red cross stay in back. Yes?"

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasminenocturne View Post
    "You two take point?" she says to Cross, her eyes indicating him and the dog. "Or me, but red cross stay in back. Yes?"
    "I'll take point, give me a few feet befire following. I'll head towards the crows and if it's nothing I'll turn towards the village."

    Deacon then shoulders the packs and heads out towards the crows.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    Laura looked a bit stunned for a while, but then fell into line. She could argue later, but for now a decision had been made, and that was it. She took a sip of water and indicated with her hand that she would be keeping a watchful eye towards the right side. As they walked, nearly by rote, she started matching her stride to ensure she'd walk in the footprints of those ahead of her, trying to mask her presence as much as possible if anyone would come across them.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    Zsofiya falls in behind Laura, her eyes scanning the area on the left flank as they made their way towards the crows.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    It took them longer than expected - the snow was deep and it slowed everyone, even King.

    The dog seemed to shake the stressful night off quite quickly as it trotted down the assumed road, looking around, obviously enjoying the freedom.

    Their surroundings were silent - almost too silent - even the local wildlife did not make much noise. The wind started to pick up a bit, swaying the branches in irregular rhythm.

    Zsofiya watched the left flank, east - as she confirmed since the sun rose from behind the mountains there. She almost could not spot the village now, as the trees blocked her vision. She saw no cars, no movement... but enjoyed the feeling of sun on her skin for a moment. Before the sun disappeared into the gray clouds.

    Laura followed Crosses' footsteps and watched right. The forest was almost nice - but she was glad they did not decide to walk up the hill - it became very steep quite quickly and descending was more pleasant at this point. The winter breeze was refreshing, but too cold - she felt the sting of frost on her cheeks already.

    Cross watched the front, trying to notice anything that could be a potential threat. Suddenly, King started to growl, as they neared the crows.

    And as they moved behind a curve, surrounded by trees, they noticed what the crows were so interested in - and King so nervous.

    There was a car. Crashed - the hood was almost hugging the tree it crashed into, windows were broken, one of the door opened, and a body - a man - clad in civilian winter clothes sat next to the car, suspended by its chassis.

    And a wolf was just snacking on his legs. As they spotted it, it raised its head and growled back at King.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Modifiers
    Cold: rest provides only half its normal benefit, characters require 125% of their normal food intake, and heavy work’s fatigue effects are increased by 50%. In addition, the Maintenance requirements of all equipment are increased by 50%
    Dim lighting: increase visual range by 1 (e.g. you get penalties from CQB instead of gunfighting range), -2 penalty to tasks that require precision and enough light.
    Noise: quiet (no effect).
    Distance to wolf: around 75m
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Yes, that is my name. Feel free to use it.
    Currently GMing:
    Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    Laura keeled down, but didn't ready her weapon. "Don't think there's anything worth getting here, sir. She's just starved." She couldn't believe how callous she sounded, but it had been some time since she even saw corpses as something once human. "And alone, so I guess the pack is dead. Let's backup and find some cover instead. Sir." Having spent most of her adult years in the desert, she never acclimated properly to this cold, but at least the overwhites helped some.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    "We can't see if anything of use is in car," Zsofiya says. She draws her pistol, scanning the area around them. Wolves hunt in packs, and she was not willing to assume that this one was alone.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    Deacon surveys the scene in front of them. Drawing his .45 he aims in the general direction of the wolf.

    "Do either of you have a silenced or surpressed weapon? While it would be a wise decision to try and search the vehicle, there's still to many variables. For all we know the rest of the pack could be close by or some less than friendly locals are nearby. For the sake of speed and time...let's keep moving towards the village."

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    "If locals are coming because of the crashed plane, they might assume we're hostile if they hear gunfire. Let's make some sort of base first, get something warm to eat, and then we can scout this car out properly, yea?" Laura slowly rose, even at this distance avoiding sudden movements. "Wolves eat in packs, either the rest are full and this is the runt, or it's alone. It doesn't look like a runt to me." She stated while scanning the surroundings for prowling wolves. It would have been the height of irony to survive ten years in the desert, the end of the world and an airplane crash to be the morning snack of some starved wolves.

    Spoiler: Fieldcraft!
    Show
    (4d20)[1][10][17][18](46)AWA-11

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    "Agreed. Once we have shelter, we can always come back. Let's head over and see about the village. We fire off a round now and if anyone comes they may think we caused the accident. Let's back up carefully and head to the village."

    While still aiming at the wolf, Deacon backs up slowly.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    Day 1
    After the Crash
    Late Morning

    There were no other wolves in sight, and the one they saw looked rather starved - Laura's first opinion was that it was somehow separated from the rest of pack and so they left the wolf to his business and left for the village.

    The downhill was not too steep, but it still took them almost hour to get out of the forested area - and immediately stopped.

    Village was visible - and that was one reason. There were mostly small houses, but also few larger buildings - however, from this distance it was not possible to tell whether these were still stable, or just ruined remains of buildings. And there was definitely some movement down there now.

    The second reason was a small, wooden cottage, hidden mostly under the snow, which was so well hidden between the trees it was only thanks to their finely honed recon skills that they noticed it.

    Only the roof was sticking out of the snow - the lower floor was snowed in mostly.
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Yes, that is my name. Feel free to use it.
    Currently GMing:
    Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    Laura went down on a knee, pulled the quick release for her bags and put her binoculars up. She put her hand up as a shield on the side to shield as much light as possible from reflecting if the sun decided to go out of hiding and started observing the settlement. On the other hand she intended to display the count for her team, extending one finger for every person she could identify, and for every five, restarting the process.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    Deacon dropped to one knee as soon as he saw the cottage and village. Dropping both rucksacks he drew his binoculars and started scanning the cottage.

    A cottage that well hidden could be a good place to hide out for a couple days.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    Zsofiya nodded as the decision was made to leave the wolf and car alone for now, and they made their way down through the trees. The settlement they had spotted was not uninhabited, it seemed, and the snow had drifted so deep that a building was nearly buried.

    "Snow is good insulation and concealment," she said, watching as the other two began scanning the village. She kept an eye on Laura's hands, counting the people in the town, and she also kept watch around them. With the two of them focused through binocs in one direction, it made sense to scan their surroundings.
    Last edited by Jasminenocturne; 2017-08-14 at 05:26 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    Day 1 A.C. (after crash)
    Lone Cottage
    Late Morning

    Laura methodically scanned the village for any signs of human presence - and held up her hand, fingers still in a fist, for uncomfortable period of time.

    Spoiler: Laura
    Show
    Most of the buildings were ruined - she noticed seven roofs crushed under the load of snow, half dozen showing signs of fire and five showing more methodical means of destruction.

    Tank shells and holes after support weapons - heavy machine guns, most probably.

    The buildings that still looked statistically sound and useable were two houses, something that looked like a shop, a small warehouse of some sort on the outskirts, and - it was just wild guess, but for some reason she immediately told herself it had to be a school.

    The first house was smaller - a two-story cube, which was mostly snowed-in, but still looked stable. The windows were covered in rags, which flapped in the wind, revealing most of them being broken. It had a two-car garage and stood nearest to their viewpoint.

    The second house was larger - a three-story house with slated roof, boarded-up windows and large wrought-iron fence a garage and outhouse. It stood near the village centre.

    The shop stood in the centre of the village. It was a two-story cube built of bricks, with large windows on the lower floor. It was larger than the houses and it still had most windows. There was a parkplace in front of it - cleaned of most snow - which included several cars - however, most of them looked immobile or already scavenged.

    The warehouse stood few hundred meters outside the village - and was just a large brick building with windows only on the upper floor and few large door.

    The school was four-story building, tallest in the whole village. At least now. It looked like a school - rather uninviting.

    As she scanned the village, she finally saw signs of movement. Four people left the school - two of them looked like civilians, while the two other had fatigues - and weapons. These looked like assault rifles - and as soon as the two civilians stood in the schoolyard, two shots were fired. The civilians fell to the ground. The whole scene lasted only for few seconds.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Select your poisonfuture base. And meet the neighbors.

    I added your personal equipment bonus and added bonus for longer time (x2) which pushed the MOS to +1.


    In the meantime, Deac and King surveyed the surroundings. Deac found no footprints, or other signs of human activity, and King showed no signs of detecting anyone - even when he went to sniff around the building. The dog returned and just waggled its tail and awaited further instructions.

    Spoiler: Deac
    Show
    There were no footprints - definitely. The cottage looked well-kept from the outside, except for the snow that covered it. The door were hopelessly barricaded by snow, but the upper window looked like possible entry point.


    Zsofiya watched their six, to ensure that nobody - even the wolf - followed them. She sometimes glanced back at Cross and Laura to ensure she missed nothing. She had a strange feeling in stomach, like the feeling of coming storm, but she could not discover the reason for this feeling. Their surroundings looked as peaceful as possible.

    As she turned back, she noticed Laura's fingers went up.

    And then they heard the sound of two shots fired in distance...
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Yes, that is my name. Feel free to use it.
    Currently GMing:
    Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    "F**k!" Laura whispered. "They shot them in cold blood. Two tangos, at the schoolyard." she pointed. "They f***ing just executed them in cold blood." she held the binoculars so that any of her companions could take them if they wanted to see, while the other hand went for one of her bags, digging through them to check what supplies she had. "They could be taking out more next, we need to do something. Sir. Ma'am." Cold logic dictated told her that she couldn't save them when shot at that distance, and that they were no more, but still she had to fight off the desire to run down to try to help them.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Any chance to hear what sort of weapon it was that was used? NATO, Russian? Or to far away?
    Last edited by Harmony; 2017-08-16 at 02:50 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    Zsofiya hears the shots and turns to look, but the village is too far for her to make anything out. A moment later, though, Laura reports on the situation. Zsof sighs and shakes her head. She had seen enough killing in the past four years to make her sick.

    "They maybe have more prisoners," she says. "We can't go in shooting wild. I have gas." She pats the tear gas grenade hanging off her uniform, and brings up the grenade launcher. She opens the container that holds her gas mask. There is a moment of hesitation as she thinks it through. She opens her pack digs out two more tear gas grenades from her pack and replaces two of the high explosive grenades.

    "Safer to get to house, wait for night," she adds, frowning. Safer for them, maybe. They didn't know how many there were inside, how many prisoners, or even who they were. For all they know, the prisoners could be Russian army irregulars. There was no way to know what was happening inside. "They break down other buildings, so school has commanding view in all directions. They maybe see us already. We go careful. No help to prisoners if we die."

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    Deaco looks down at the village, he thinks to himself for a moment. Taking his rifle off of his shoulder, Deacon lays down in the snow and gets into a good firing position.

    As he look in his sight Deacon speaks to the others. "If it looks like they plan to execute more civilians, then we'll engage them. If not, we will stay here and set up an observation post in the cottage. Right now, all we've seen is two of them. We need more intelligence before we proceed. Get into a good, comfortable position. We'll check out the village from what angles we can. Gather what intel you can through your binos."

    As he begins to look through the scope Deacon has a thought. "Once we have engaged them and we manage to clear them out, I say we set up shop in the building that looks like a school."

    Spoiler: out of character
    Show


    Deacon intends to look through the scope and get what details he can. Ecpecially things like how many, whst weapons they have...etc.

    Also Deacon will hand over his binoculars to who ever needs a pair.
    Last edited by Squadfather42; 2017-08-16 at 06:35 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: [T2013] Long Walk IC

    Laura nodded, and her cold attitude returned. "Let's scout it out and wait for the night." She agreed. It was always the civilians that suffered, and she hated it, but there could be dozens of them in there, and they might very well die if they didn't do this right. "Wait, gas?" she whispered as she turned to Zsofiya.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •