New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: OOC 50: Over The Hill

If Dipsnig's alerting VIGIL, I'd prefer to do it all at once. Otherwise, VIGIL would have a few days to a week to catch up, and in that time it's possible Erasmus is either in immense difficulties and needs rescuing, or he's got the sword and run off. And that wouldn't be fair to VIGIL.

I don't know much about Erasmus, but if he goes alone, he's going to be outnumbered by corrupted angels with inherent angel abilities, corrupt demon abilities, magical weaponry and demon-tainted versions of angel abilities. And I don't think Erasmus particularly wants to get caught by corrupted angels.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #602
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yo earl (and art and bc56), how do you figure the fight in smiley dragon will go? Did you want all the diggers stopped or were you thinking that maybe only a couple would be stopped and the rest would get away with kids? I can see it going either way and I figure it's easier to nail it down here.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #603
    Orc in the Playground

I figured they'd have gotten further before the heroes caught up with them. They're still in sight of sky, I thought most of the fighting would take place deeper- I've got a couple ideas for places the tunnel goes through. That's why some are still running- I want to describe these places, though maybe I still could if the heroes try to figure out where they came from.

I also don't mind if they're caught or get away. I'm not entirely sure why they want the children, either- could be labour, in areas with a more normal atmosphere; they're inhaling some form of different gas mix through those masks, and... Well, when I bounced ideas off Fendrick, she suggested food, but there's easier methods for getting food than digging a tunnel to abduct children. Might be some kind of religious thing, as the last time I ran Diggers they attacked a monastery dedicated to Hel in Outside, resulting in a three-way fight between Diggers, heroes trying to 'save' the monks, and monks determined to prevent further desecration of their holy place by nonbelievers.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    I figured they'd have gotten further before the heroes caught up with them. They're still in sight of sky, I thought most of the fighting would take place deeper- I've got a couple ideas for places the tunnel goes through. That's why some are still running- I want to describe these places, though maybe I still could if the heroes try to figure out where they came from.

I also don't mind if they're caught or get away. I'm not entirely sure why they want the children, either- could be labour, in areas with a more normal atmosphere; they're inhaling some form of different gas mix through those masks, and... Well, when I bounced ideas off Fendrick, she suggested food, but there's easier methods for getting food than digging a tunnel to abduct children. Might be some kind of religious thing, as the last time I ran Diggers they attacked a monastery dedicated to Hel in Outside, resulting in a three-way fight between Diggers, heroes trying to 'save' the monks, and monks determined to prevent further desecration of their holy place by nonbelievers.
    You never specified how many diggers were present and how many children were kidnapped. Therefore, they can just be rescued at the speed of plot, and not a moment too soon.

As for their motivations, that's really up to you. My first thought was an innocent sacrifice.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #605
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    If Dipsnig's alerting VIGIL, I'd prefer to do it all at once. Otherwise, VIGIL would have a few days to a week to catch up, and in that time it's possible Erasmus is either in immense difficulties and needs rescuing, or he's got the sword and run off. And that wouldn't be fair to VIGIL.

I don't know much about Erasmus, but if he goes alone, he's going to be outnumbered by corrupted angels with inherent angel abilities, corrupt demon abilities, magical weaponry and demon-tainted versions of angel abilities. And I don't think Erasmus particularly wants to get caught by corrupted angels.
    I admit I didn't expect Erasmus to want to go in completely alone. But Dipsnig would inform Vigil if Erasmus didn't.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I admit I didn't expect Erasmus to want to go in completely alone. But Dipsnig would inform Vigil if Erasmus didn't.
    That's sort of what I expected.

My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #607
    Orc in the Playground

I did, actually. Well, not the children; 'about ten' is what I said for them, and two weren't captured, so the Diggers had seven to nine. Five to seven, now that two have escaped. So I'll say they have six children. And there's fifteen diggers, two harpooners (one deceased, one unconscious), and thirteen abductors- though some have drawn pistols and discarded their man-catchers as they didn't catch a child.

I have dyscalculia, which is a bit like its more well-known cousin dyslexia, except rather than affecting words and letters, it affects numbers. I will always- or nearly so, never say never- use concrete numbers, because it's easier for me to keep a solid number in my head than say 'some' arrive and keep track of a percentage. In day to day life? I can't read an analogue clock, except some specific times- on the hour and half-hours, mainly. I have difficulty guessing measurements, and can't easily compare things if I can't see/hold both at the same time- I don't know how tall my work colleague is in relation to my best friend, as I've never seen the two together, though I'm not sure why I'd want to. I can't tell how much something is just by looking, especially if there's more than ten, and if there's thirty-two pencils in a jar, I couldn't say 'about thirty'; for all my brain knows, there could be twenty, forty, or sixty-four pencils. The clock thing and the last thing are probably most crippling. There's other things, too, little ones; I bought a pair of resin gargoyles at a boot sale because the seller said they were 'fifty pence each, or two for a pound', and my brain didn't catch that that was the same price until I was going home (I'd have probably bought them anyway, since they're awesome).

8. - Top - End - #608
    Titan in the Playground

I posted for Dipsnig's letter about the Blade of Hope Removed in Vigil and added a link for context. So if anyone wants to send their Vigil characters at it feel free.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey Nova, I think we need talk about the [Musical Duo] Scene in Riverside.
    It appears that the difference in Powerlevel has reached a point I can't complain.
    Zefir has up to this point only done one attack that has done little damage. The rest of the posts he had to dodge Electra's attacks. As I stated in my posts 'Explosiv plasma' shots are really deadly especially to someone who doesn't have super armor or inhuman defense. Now she appears to make shots that are deadly and even track his movement. I feel like dodging now appears like i totally denied your action, but I don't see another way. Your attack is deadly in any way I can think and I don't want my char dead or just turn around like nothing happened.
    Now on top Electra just seems to have a super effektiv weapon against the tanks in just an blink of an eye. That feels a bit unfair especially since they did nothing so far.
    We might remember. This whole plot isn't meant to have the good side win or does it need to be the demons to win.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

10. - Top - End - #610

NinjaGuy

I thought I had been clear in the post, but I'll state it plainly here: the plasma blasts aren't what's following Zefir. Electra's aim with them is. She's not firing at empty air, she's trying to shoot him down. The point I was trying to make is that a simple altitude change isn't going to throw her aim off enough to avoid the fire for more than a few seconds. Zefir can still dodge, he just needs to take more radical maneuvers in order to do so. If you want him to take a hit instead, have one of the blasts do a glancing blow on his hoverboard. It might ground him, but at least he'd survive.

As far as the missiles go, Electra has always had micromissiles, since the day she arrived in the Nexus. These are more powerful than usual due to the powerup the angel's song gave her, but she has to use double the ammo to fire them. She essentially dumped over half of her remaining missiles into the attack on the tanks. (An attack I might add that could be wholly ineffectual, depending on the tanks' defenses.) Considering they popped up in firing position on the musicians, there's little reason to doubt their allegiance, and there's no reason for her not to try aid Topaz, who's already wounded and low on defense. I didn't suddenly pull the weapon out of nowhere; Electra has had these for a very long time, I just reflavored them to fit with the upgrade the song is currently granting her. I should add for complete clarity: the missiles do NOT have to be one hit-kills on the tanks. I was sort of expecting the tanks to have some sort of armor or shields or something that would negate some, if not all, of the damage. Whether they do damage, and how much will affect her next action, which is why I didn't say anything about the ammo usage in the IC thread.

And honestly, I don't remember anyone saying anywhere that the bad guys were supposed to win, full stop, end of story. If it had been, I doubt this would have been a plot to begin with. It was supposed to be a difficult fight, yes, but as far as I know, the outcome was not predetermined. SC warned everyone that the plot could be potentially deadly, and I take that to mean for everyone involved, not just the good guys. If that's not the case, then that needs to be communicated to everyone involved in the plot.

I should also mention that despite my poor descriptions, Electra isn't actually teleporting around. She's just moving really, really fast, and I'm bad at conveying that in a text-only format. She CAN teleport, but it's a more utilitarian thing used to travel long distances. It's not usable in combat except as an emergency bug-out sort of deal, and even then, it can be blocked by certain effects (anything that blocks magical teleportation will also block this, as well as certain technological effects).
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2018-08-15 at 08:19 PM.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

11. - Top - End - #611

For the shots, I KNOW i can dodge, but I feel like dodging alone is rude because it makes your actions have no effect.
    Your Action "her correction is both automatic and lightning fast" just sounds like Electra will be able to shoot in his path whatever he does. at the first time I read it more like whatever he does she already shoots at him.

For the missiles. Well You state them as "piercing anti-tank missile". I mean what should I get from that? They don't pierce tanks? It might be better if they had been something like armor penetrating rockets if you know how I mean it.
    BUT that's not my point. I don't mind the tanks go down I'm just complaining about the way it happens. It just needs "an instant" to pull that out for Electra. While still shooting at Zefir. Maybe let her have a post past befor she does or stop firing or so.

Having the hoverboard get hit isn't an option right now since it's technical another bomb.
    And yes her bluring can be seen in teleporting for me. Thought the difference between teleporting and moving at high speed none can see is really small.

I just think the power Level of our chars is different and i would like to work it out to have it a bit more even. I don't say I need to win, but right now it feels a bit like I don't have a chance. Well after all zefir already lost in terms of task.

12. - Top - End - #612

NinjaGuy

Hmm, I see your point. I thought about it a little this morning and edited my post. Instead of continuing to fire at Zefir, she's now refocused on the tanks, so he doesn't need to dodge any further right now. I reworded her attack on them slightly, too. The missiles are still armor piercing, the reason why I was saying they might not have much effect is because these are Nexus tanks. They might have some sort of magic defense system, or special heavy armor designed to thwart attacks like this. I'd like to think that even if they don't do any damage, it might shake the crews up, but I leave that up to you. Does this work better?
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

13. - Top - End - #613

I think thats okay now. hadn't much time and will reply soon.

14. - Top - End - #614

Well, hey hidey ho there, folks!

Been a while since I've been here. Sup?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

15. - Top - End - #615
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hi Kerfuffle, long time no see!

We have a discord now! Here!

16. - Top - End - #616

Awesome. I'll have to check that out when I get home from work.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ogre in the Playground

Kerfuffle! We missed you!
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

18. - Top - End - #618
    Troll in the Playground

Greetings to YET ANOTHER person who left before I joined and is now back.

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #619

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Kerfuffle! We missed you!
    Aw, missed you guys too!

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Greetings to YET ANOTHER person who left before I joined and is now back.
    Sup?

Also, upon seeing your location, I am now convinced that you are a sentient mattress, and I will not be convinced otherwise.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2018-09-05 at 03:29 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

20. - Top - End - #620
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hello! I'm back after a looooong time away... looking forward to getting back into things! I'm a bit rusty, but I'll have Earl of Purple* to guide me.. if I do anything a bit off please let either me or Earl know... so yeah, hello all!

*We're related in real life

21. - Top - End - #621
    Orc in the Playground

Hi, returning persons!

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

22. - Top - End - #622
    Orc in the Playground

This is me announcing a holiday. From Monday, I shall be on a boat, in Norfolk. I'm not taking my laptop, so it'll be a break from my webcomics and Nexus. I won't be gone long, just til Friday, so if a scene can wait, please do so. If it can't wait, feel free to skip me. I'm saying this now because I might be unable to visit the internet tomorrow.

The holiday will also effect Fendrick, but she isn't in as many scenes.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hi! I'm going on holiday for 1 week from tomorrow - please skip me if it can't wait for me to post.

Thanks!

Fendrick

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ogre in the Playground

Hi all. I'll start playing tonight, so please show me the ropes I guess? Thanks in advance XD

Please visit and review my System.
    Generalist Sorcerer

25. - Top - End - #625

Quote Originally Posted by Asmotherion View Post
    Hi all. I'll start playing tonight, so please show me the ropes I guess? Thanks in advance XD
    If you want somebody to interact with, I got a Keyblade using vampire in Dancing Fox Inn not currently doing anything.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

26. - Top - End - #626
    Orc in the Playground

Normally, I'd also be willing to throw someone your way- as literally or not as the location fits- however, as I'm departing for a holiday and going north to live on a boat for a week, I'm deliberately not starting any new scenes.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I have no idea if happyturtle is still on the forums, as I looked up his account and couldn't find it, but if you are still here, I'm waiting in Haemonics. It's not anything urgent, so if you could get to it whenever you can, that'd be great.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

28. - Top - End - #628
    Firbolg in the Playground

Happyturtle is no longer posting here, so you should probably assume that Chaos gets what he needs there, or send him somewhere else if you're looking for a scene.

Maybe Gulaghar could go through the Mallside OP for such things.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #629
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Ah, ok. I guess that would explain a few things. Thanks!
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ogre in the Playground

Oof, it's been a while since I've been here.

Things have settled down where I'm at, and I wanna get back in.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.