New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: OOC 50: Over The Hill

I'm introducing a new villain who can definitely be described as "ambitious and power-hungry". I'm not sure how much use a sword will be to him, but maybe it's worth a try.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Ambitious? Oh, Doctor Jones is definitely ambitious. Any power he can get his hands on is a worthy goal.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Does anyone have a character, anywhere in the Nexus, who could be described as 'ambitious and power-hungry'? How about 'greedy and ruthless'? Because a while ago, I introduced a number of magical swords that attracted people of a certain mind set, and three have been claimed. The ambitious sabre has not been claimed, although somebody tried and failed. The sword remains in Skyside, resting in a wrecked van down the Deserted Alleyway. It's being watched, however, by the one who was rejected. In addition, the greedy cutlass also awaits claiming, lodged in the prow of a rowboat resting on the Dark Beach in Seaside.

Spoiler: Deserted Alleyway
    Show

Spoiler: Dark Beach
    Show

I have a character(s) who fit that. They run the evil organization Massimo Incorporated (which is an open group to join). As a matter of fact, their Main Office is in Skyside. I volunteer if it's open still.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

You know it's been a long, long time since I've been here.
    I want to apologize for being a little brat during my time here. I was a 15 year old kid struggling through his emotions and it reflected in the quality of my work and roleplay.
    I want to thank you all though for the memories you gave me, there was a lot of good times.
    It's good to see that all the people I loved RP'ing with are still around. I know this might not be the thread for this sort of thing, but I'm cutting it short here.
    Thank you all!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey, zefir and Recaiden? I think we might have to split groups at the riverside party as five people is a bit too much for one scene, especially since Zefir only can post once a week sometimes.

I'll have Ryhe (edit: and Celestel) join them and the others can keep talking (with the same post order).
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-10-18 at 01:54 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    I want to apologize for being a little brat during my time here. I was a 15 year old kid struggling through his emotions and it reflected in the quality of my work and roleplay.
    I want to thank you all though for the memories you gave me, there was a lot of good times.
    It's good to see that all the people I loved RP'ing with are still around. I know this might not be the thread for this sort of thing, but I'm cutting it short here.
    Thank you all!
    Welcome back? I can't quite tell if this a return post or just a thank you post. Good to see you're doing well anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Hey, zefir and Recaiden? I think we might have to split groups at the riverside party as five people is a bit too much for one scene, especially since Zefir only can post once a week sometimes.

I'll have Ryhe join them and the others can keep talking (with the same post order).
    We're thinking similar things here, I can tell, but my timing is off. Oops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #127

Edit: I made some thought about my chars for that.

ambitious and power-hungry
    - Arkant sure fits both, thought he isn't in any way a sword user.
    - Mia can fit in, too. lett power-hungry unless it has to do with her religion. She learned to use swords.
    - Zefir would go too, but he is allways against magic. (if the weapon is an enchanted one)
    - Fade got no Ambitions, but power hungry and a sword user. With a third one he needs to learn from Zorro.

greedy and ruthless
    - Arkant again, but still no sword user. he is really an evil type character.
    - Fade is ruthless, but not greedy at all.

shadowcaller. Sorry for that, i just thought it's best. And i know my posting shedule. I have to admit the last times nothing catched me and I sucked at evolving my chars.
    I know there is still the fight scene up and I have to say I don't know what to do there right now.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2017-10-18 at 06:42 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Does anyone have a character, anywhere in the Nexus, who could be described as 'ambitious and power-hungry'? How about 'greedy and ruthless'? Because a while ago, I introduced a number of magical swords that attracted people of a certain mind set, and three have been claimed. The ambitious sabre has not been claimed, although somebody tried and failed. The sword remains in Skyside, resting in a wrecked van down the Deserted Alleyway. It's being watched, however, by the one who was rejected. In addition, the greedy cutlass also awaits claiming, lodged in the prow of a rowboat resting on the Dark Beach in Seaside.
    Mayhaps Doctor Jones could start his maniacal quest for the Greedy Cutlass? Unless other people want to claim, and if so, it's a race!
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Looks like there's quite a few characters who might be interested. I'd have my villain show interest in them, rather than the sword, but I wouldn't want to overshadow Earl's plot.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

I don't mind who goes for them, I just posted their arrival a few weeks ago, and they attract some traits that are pretty common, so I figured it was a lack of readership that led to their remaining undiscovered. And... I guess it's a plot? Really I just had an idea for a sword, then duplicated it several times to multiply it. More like a weird random encounter.

It also doesn't particularly matter whether they're claimed by a sword-wielder or not; owning one grants some abilities. And yes, they are enchanted. That's how they've set up their magical lures, after all. Recaiden, Shadowcaller and Lord Deathkeeper already have one, and the abilities are similar. Had I planned it more, I'd have changed it so each one better fit a single colour from Magic: the Gathering, but I only realised the numbers were the same a few days after they arrived.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

So, whose turn is it in the Vigil expedition to the Hunting Grounds now?

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm pretty sure it's felendria.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Looks like there's quite a few characters who might be interested. I'd have my villain show interest in them, rather than the sword, but I wouldn't want to overshadow Earl's plot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Mayhaps Doctor Jones could start his maniacal quest for the Greedy Cutlass? Unless other people want to claim, and if so, it's a race!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Edit: I made some thought about my chars for that.

ambitious and power-hungry
    - Arkant sure fits both, thought he isn't in any way a sword user.
    - Mia can fit in, too. lett power-hungry unless it has to do with her religion. She learned to use swords.
    - Zefir would go too, but he is allways against magic. (if the weapon is an enchanted one)
    - Fade got no Ambitions, but power hungry and a sword user. With a third one he needs to learn from Zorro.

greedy and ruthless
    - Arkant again, but still no sword user. he is really an evil type character.
    - Fade is ruthless, but not greedy at all.

shadowcaller. Sorry for that, i just thought it's best. And i know my posting shedule. I have to admit the last times nothing catched me and I sucked at evolving my chars.
    I know there is still the fight scene up and I have to say I don't know what to do there right now.
    So I guess this will will be a clash of villains... Or uniting. Muahahahahaha!
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Just droppin' in to say hi, I'll be playing Elenor in Massimo Incorporated, been a long time since I played PbP though
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

15. - Top - End - #135

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Thank you all!
    <3

I'm glad we could help.
    If this is a post saying that you're back, then welcome back! If you ever want to do a scene, just lemme know. I'd be delighted.
    If this is nooot a post saying you're back, then I wish you the best of luck with wherever life may take you!

Quote Originally Posted by NothingAbnormal View Post
    Just droppin' in to say hi, I'll be playing Elenor in Massimo Incorporated, been a long time since I played PbP though
    Welcome! Always nice to see new faces!
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Welcome! Always nice to see new faces!
    Thanks, I see getting back into PbP isn't as hard as I had thought it would be

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

17. - Top - End - #137

Quote Originally Posted by NothingAbnormal View Post
    Thanks, I see getting back into PbP isn't as hard as I had thought it would be
    It's like riding a bike! You never truly forget, ahah.

Speaking of, if you ever would like to do a scene thingy, just lemme know!
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    It's like riding a bike! You never truly forget, ahah.
    Yeah, I guess so
    Speaking of, if you ever would like to do a scene thingy, just lemme know!
    Eh, tomorrow I plan on introducing a character to HALO, but I think Igot all my players set in nicely, thanks!

Extended Signature

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

The Tower of Knowledge is open for Business!

Ever wanted to learn magic, get rare spell components, or hone you craft? Come on down to the Tower of Knowledge! Home to all wizards, be they good, bad, or morally gray!

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Hello NothingAbnormal! Although we've already met, I'll still say hi.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Green Elf View Post
    Hello NothingAbnormal! Although we've already met, I'll still say hi.
    'ello

EDIT:
    Not sure if you do it, but how do you all handle the same character in different areas... Such as if I were to have Liadi go to an inn, while she is fighting the skeletons elsewhere? Do you do that, or do you just make another character?
    Last edited by Westhart; 2017-10-20 at 09:20 AM.

Extended Signature

22. - Top - End - #142
    Firbolg in the Playground

It's not uncommon for people to do there. Called a plotclone.
    We presume one location/scene takes place before the other, and just try not to have anything impossible happen.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    It's not uncommon for people to do there. Called a plotclone.
    We presume one location/scene takes place before the other, and just try not to have anything impossible happen.
    Ah, ok, thanks

Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

RE: The swords: I don't mind a bit of competition for the swords, so just because one has been claimed doesn't mean somebody else can't send a character over.

Also, hi, Nothing Abnormal. Do you have any plans for you Skyside character? As I think the others in that bar are all on official business, and unlikely to note somebody not relating to that business.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

RE: The swords: I don't mind a bit of competition for the swords, so just because one has been claimed doesn't mean somebody else can't send a character over.

Also, hi, Nothing Abnormal. Do you have any plans for you Skyside character? As I think the others in that bar are all on official business, and unlikely to note somebody not relating to that business.
    When is the swords thing starting?

@Cursed Table: When is someone going to take their turn?
    Last edited by Green Elf; 2017-10-20 at 06:03 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146

Quote Originally Posted by Green Elf View Post
    When is the swords thing starting?

@Cursed Table: When is someone going to take their turn?
    I'll tell slii you poked him, but otherwise you have to wait.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

They're already out and about. There's two of five currently unclaimed- Greed/Ruthlessness in Seaside and Ambition/Power-hunger in Skyside.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

They're already out and about. There's two of five currently unclaimed- Greed/Ruthlessness in Seaside and Ambition/Power-hunger in Skyside.
    Speaking of that, I've already posted in seaside.

EDIT Sorry, didn't see your post
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-10-20 at 06:46 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

'ello. As for plans for her? Not quite yet... Waiting to see what happens honestly, so I'm just rolling out something as I go... Although I do have a slight idea, I am going to think a while before I decide to definitely go through with it.

Extended Signature

30. - Top - End - #150
    Orc in the Playground

So would you mind if I lobbed a character at her? I don't know who yet, but I have a few ideas. Maybe even someone new, or someone old.