New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: OOC 50: Over The Hill

Yeah, what Reinholdt said. They just found out that the sea is even going to be a problem. They haven't had time to consider every person they might ask for help with it.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Earl, you can post in Skyside until the therianthrope is forced to take action in some way.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

It took me longer to describe harpies than I was expecting. I kept on restarting because I did not like what I'd done with them. In the end, I google searched for harpies and found a humanoid with wings and bird talons for hands and feet, and based them on that. They're a little more avian, because the picture was too humanoid for my tastes.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Attention! All (some) heros and any current or future villains!

I would like to really kick off more bud guys, especially in Skyside. There are too many heros for a falling apart city

So! I want to start up a mainly Skyside plot with multiple heros fighting my new Mafia/Mercenary/Assassin/Technology and Weapons Development Business group. Using this group, it would be nice to get more members, even if they're just scientists or mechanics. If anyone is interested, please state it in this thread so I can set up a PM group.

This will be combat based but by no means requires any deaths. Thank you!
    Last edited by Green Elf; 2017-11-30 at 08:49 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey, Green Elf? it is your turn in srs plots. The thread I linked in trog's.

Or should I just skip you this round?

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Hey, Green Elf? it is your turn in srs plots. The thread I linked in trog's.

Or should I just skip you this round?
    I replied. The link wasn't working so I had to navigate around it.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

7. - Top - End - #217

Oh, damn links. I seem to have some trouble with making them lately.

Either way, I'm not sure there are any heroes living in skyside. There is KABAL and Earl's slavers and a few minor PC's, neither which I would consider heroes by any means.
    In fact, I'm not sure most PC's could be called heroes these days. There is VIGIL and HALO but they would need to be provoked somehow.

It depends how you were planning to start this plot.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Firbolg in the Playground

The harpies worked out well, Earl.

Green Elf, I'd be interested in whatever you have going in Skyside.
    Arkangel is generally hero-ish and in Skyside more than any other place.
    Atorre can play a hero or villain as needed. They don't like Massimo, though that doesn't mean they need to conflict.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

It's Earl's turn in GLoG and Thanksmas. Also Celticbear's in Hunting Grounds. As for Green Elf's plot, I might be interested, but I'm trying and failing to get my own villain off the ground.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Green Elf View Post
    Attention! All (some) heros and any current or future villains!

I would like to really kick off more bud guys, especially in Skyside. There are too many heros for a falling apart city

So! I want to start up a mainly Skyside plot with multiple heros fighting my new Mafia/Mercenary/Assassin/Technology and Weapons Development Business group. Using this group, it would be nice to get more members, even if they're just scientists or mechanics. If anyone is interested, please state it in this thread so I can set up a PM group.

This will be combat based but by no means requires any deaths. Thank you!
    Sweet, this sounds right Jonas's (Combat Cyborg with a love of genetic modification) alley! Count me in.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

I'm at Fendrick's, which is why I've not posted- I've been logged in, but doing other stuff. I'm about to go post GLoG, but I've posted Thanskmas- it's the last post of page one.

I have bad guys, I don't really have villains. I've tried villains- a big dragon with cloned immortality and a desire to rule the world, but he got slain and was boring, and a necromancer that sent out waves to attract undead to be her minions. The first was part of an attack on VIGIL when it was WATCHTOWER, and the latter clashed with a now-defunct-I-think Riverside faction. Neither did much, and I disliked the amount of planning required. Bad guys, though, are easier. The Slaver's Guild just want to make money, be left alone (except by customers and suppliers) and do their own thing.

I'm planning a lesser thing, not full-scale villain, but not just reactive baddies who, being me are typically nice, just amoral or invested in evil deeds. Although that's been planned for ages and still hasn't gotten off the ground.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

*raises hand*

13. - Top - End - #223
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I was thinking they would do a "weapons test" on Skyside. (No this does not destroy the city) Which would ultimately lead to provoking heros. (Money for me!) When hero's arrive to fight Massimo Inc., it would be an easy opportunity to swoop in as a bad guy and fight them too, which would make their future life easier. So basically a war.

No one has to die. They could retreat and I would let them. I would like my organization to still stand at the end. (They could lose though) And I would also like to keep Skyside government out of this.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

So we're looking at...
    GreenElf
    8BitNinja
    Shadowcaller
    Recaiden
    Morty
    Celticbear
    Earl of Purple
    Dr. Gunsforhands

Also, who is going to "side" with good and evil (unless you're in Massimo Inc., which you can join)
    Anyone else I'm missing?
    (I'll start the PM in 2 days)
    Last edited by Green Elf; 2017-12-03 at 01:00 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225

So we're looking at...
    GreenElf
    8BitNinja
    Shadowcaller
    Recaiden
    Morty
    Celticbear
    Earl of Purple
    Dr. Gunsforhands

Also, who is going to "side" with good and evil (unless you're in Massimo Inc., which you can join)
    Anyone else I'm missing?
    I never actually said I was going to join.

I mean, I can't promise that I will take part in the plot, maybe KABAL or possibly Anika could do something. It all depends on how the whole thing turns out.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

I'll follow the thing once posting starts, but the Slaver's Guild won't actually get involved unless they- or their direct interests- are threatened, and more importantly, they know who and how they are threatened. They might reward heroes who help them, but if they do, they'll be subtle about it- MERC hates slavery, and records of working alongside them might damage an adventurer's reputation.

The Slaver's Guild is most certainly Evil, but also mostly Lawful, and it depends on what Massimo is doing. Not that I particularly use alignment of that sort as a character guide. Mostly they want to be left to do their business in peace, and won't act either for or against anyone unless it enables them to do that.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

I also said I might be interested, not that I'd participate. And if it's going to be a large-scale fight with plenty of NPCs, I'm unlikely to.

18. - Top - End - #228

I got Arkant and his company there, but like the slaver he won'er do much unless threatened. Why should he go help enemies? He would also like to crush them. Massimo will only do him a favour.^^
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

I can be skipped this round in Skyside.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Leslie is meant to be one of those Frankenstein-type villains who doesn't know she's screwed up until someone gets murdered. She's also in a position to send Maasimo her resume without 100% knowledge of what the project entails.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Jonas is all for villainy, he just doesn't have a moustache to twirl...
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

So we're looking at...
    GreenElf
    8BitNinja
    Shadowcaller??
    Recaiden
    Morty??
    Celticbear??
    Earl of Purple
    Dr. Gunsforhands
    Zefir??

Anyone else I'm missing?
    Last edited by Green Elf; 2017-12-03 at 10:21 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

You should make sure that the scene is properly split up.
    I know that you don’t worry about turn order, but with that many people in one place it’s goijg to get bogged down.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

So we're looking at...
    GreenElf
    8BitNinja
    Shadowcaller??
    Recaiden
    Morty??
    Celticbear??
    Earl of Purple
    Dr. Gunsforhands
    Zefir??

Anyone else I'm missing?
    Sorry, was kind of vague in my post. Yes, I'm in on team villain.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

I'm on team 'Get involved to protect our interests', which might be for or against Maasimo. I don't know what repercussions their activity will have. It might even be totally ignore, if it distracts from what they do. Alternately, it might be intercede against them if they attract too many heroes which start meddling in the Guild's business. It might be help, if they are offered incentives, or the Guild thinks they are big enough distraction that meddling goes down.

So, Team Evil, but not necessarily Team Villain. I was trying to say I'd follow the scene, but I'd only get involved if I felt the Guild should do so, and then as it would help their interests.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    You should make sure that the scene is properly split up.
    I know that you don’t worry about turn order, but with that many people in one place it’s goijg to get bogged down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    I'm on team 'Get involved to protect our interests', which might be for or against Maasimo. I don't know what repercussions their activity will have. It might even be totally ignore, if it distracts from what they do. Alternately, it might be intercede against them if they attract too many heroes which start meddling in the Guild's business. It might be help, if they are offered incentives, or the Guild thinks they are big enough distraction that meddling goes down.

So, Team Evil, but not necessarily Team Villain. I was trying to say I'd follow the scene, but I'd only get involved if I felt the Guild should do so, and then as it would help their interests.
    Yes, I still split the groups.

What's the Guild?

Sounds good to me so far, I just want to know "sides".

I'll edit or repost the list soon.

- - - Updated - - -

So we're looking at...
    EVIL
    GreenElf
    8BitNinja
    Earl of Purple
    Celticbear
    Dr. Gunsforhands
    _________________ Good??
    Shadowcaller??
    Recaiden
    Morty??
    Zefir??

Also, who is going to "side" with good and evil if you haven't already said (unless you're in Massimo Inc., which you can join)
    Anyone else I'm missing?
    (I'll start the PM right when I get answers

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm leaning toward Team Massimo, as it seems to be a third side.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Firbolg in the Playground

Massimo are the main villains here.

I will probably be playing Arkangel on the 'good' side. Aimless destruction seems likely to be bad overall.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #239

Arkant will be neutral unless he sees a chance to gain something or when his territory is attacked.
    Heroes aren't his probklem unless they notice what he does to the people. so not making them look closer will be his goal.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

30. - Top - End - #240

KABAL hardly count as "good", but as we all know that can be relative. I'm not even sure this is going to be a two side fight. Might devolve into three or even four sides for all we know.