New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Default Re: End of an Era - Jailbreak (IC)

Chris Dalton

The three thugs rush at you and try to restrain you.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The Thunderbird makes an Accurate unarmed attack : (1d20+12)[24] against Parry DC 22
    Hit : DC 19 Toughness save against Damage
    High Voltage Reaction (close contact)
    The Thunderbird automaticaly hits you with a weak electric jolt.
    DC16 Fortitude save against Damage

The three thugs try to Grab you with a Team attack against Parry DC 22.
    Attack 1 : (1d20+6)[9]
    Attack 2 : (1d20+6)[24]
    Attack 3 : (1d20+6)[24]
    Hit : best of STR/Dodge save against DC 15(13+2)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Dragon's Fist

Another blowgun dart pierces the air, this time aimed at you.
    Show
    Attack roll : (1d20+12)[28] vs Dodge DC 20
    Hit : DC16 Toughness save against Damage and DC 18 Fortitude save against Affliction (Impaired,Disabled,Paralyzed)
    Last edited by Cazero; 2017-08-17 at 04:33 PM.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Nightrider

"Well I can get your name right and I don't kill people, but I guess that's not worth **** in this country."
    The Chimp casualy backtracks to the window, but you know he's only doing it because of your threat. He hops on your lance and pulls on a collar stuffed with electronic parts and a blipping LED.
    "Now if you could get me to miss King like, right now, I'd appreciate that. I don't wanna die you know. Oh, and the van's empty. I'm a decoy."
    At the same time, the officers open the van and find it empty.
    Last edited by Cazero; 2017-08-17 at 01:44 PM.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

"Mmm...," Nightrider grunted in response, glaring at the burglar for a moment. He eyed the collar, but his technological skills were basically limited to checking his email and surfing the web. And playing games on his phone. "Is that explosive?" he asked lifting up further into the air carrying Chipmunk steadily on his lance, away from buildings and people. If it went off for whatever reason, he felt confident his armor could take the blast. Civilians could not.

Over comms, he said, "I've apprehended Chipmunk," frankly, the man's complaints about his branding failure did not earn Gabriel's sympathy. Oh, the public refers to you by a slightly (honestly, very slightly) less badass appellation than you'd prefer? Cry me a river. "He was being used as a decoy. He's wearing some sort of electronic collar. I'm not sure if it is explosive, or a tracker, or what. I'm in the air over {street}. Makeshift, are you free to examine and disarm it, and if so, can you come here or should I come to you? Or should I attempt an...alternative strategy for removal?" The helmet hid the hint of a smile on his face, but Chipmunk has demonstrated a +23 Insight modifier. He knew it was there.
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2017-08-17 at 02:00 PM.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

If brevity is the soul of wit, I'm witty like a vampire!

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

"Good call." With the prisoners outside and taken care of, Makeshift squeezes herself into the surveillance room and starts looking over the screens. Her sigh when Gabriel calls in can be heard even through the armor.

"I'm not adopting him, I have enough rodents already, but yeah, I can take a look. We're not too far inside yet, Nightrider. I can come to you, but you're faster than I am. Your call."

Show
    Perception: (1d20+7)[16]
    Insight: (1d20+6)[11]

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Makeshift

You can make up the overall organisation of the various screens and estimate in wich of the three main sections (east, west, south) each camera is, but you'd have difficulty guiding someone from here.
    Most of the east wing is on fire, and several cameras are out of order. Most prisonners seem to have evacuated it on their own. It's hard to tell for sure, but it seems someone off-camera has been working on some fire control.
    All remaining guards are barricaded in the west wing. They managed to keep west wing prisonners under control in their cells.
    One of the walls of what appears to be the storage room for prisonner's personal effects was breached, but it is also heavily defended by guards who barricaded it. They are engaged in a shooting with prisonners barricaded behind a vis-a-vis breached wall.
    The south section is overcrowded with prisonners. Only a few are armed. The SWAT just forced their way through a wall breach to the outside and are securing their position near that exit.
    Last edited by Cazero; 2017-08-17 at 03:21 PM.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if your OOC post wanted me to continue things along or not

Songbird leads the enraptured Blowtorch and her goons across the lot to the waiting SWAT team. By now Songbird had done this trick enough that they knew the plan: wait until they were all in place, then a silent hand signal and the cuffs went on in a quick, efficient round-up.

Olivia mused that the SWAT team probably loved this style of capture: when it went right it was the easiest by-the-book thing for the police to do. With that group locked away, Songbird lands and gives an elaborate stage-bow, draping her winds like a cape, then leaps off in search of the final remaining escapees.
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

John barely notices the prick of the dart, but he can feel whatever it's tipped in begin to slow him down. Shaking his head, he runs after the SWAT team, taking cover. Blowgun sniper. Not what you see with typical mercenary special forces. He takes a look at the art that hit him.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Dragon's Fist

You recognize the type of dart, as you have already seen similar ones in your travels. It is from an amazonian tribe among whom you honed your survival skills. They are usualy coated in paralyzing poison, wich means the downed SWAT is probably not dead.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

John quickly calls the others. "Be careful, there's a hunter nearby with poisoned darts, but they're probably here for me." Mentally he reviews the tribes people he met, trying to figure out who would come this far, and why. But the idea one of them could even get here from their tiny jungle village was ludicrous. He turns to the cops. "Stay in here, the darts aren't lethal so your friend should be fine." He peeks outside, but with little idea where they might be the risk is too great.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Firbolg in the Playground

"I was hoping you'd say that," Dalton says, his smile widening as he deflects or dodges their oncoming attacks. He responds by focusing everything on the Thunderbird, delivering an open-handed strike with the palms of his hands, his fingers curled in to maximize damage while still allowing the flexibility to move swiftly into a subduing grip.

Spoiler
    Show
    Multiattack 2, Power Attack 2 4 (Please correct my errors Thanks Quellian!)

Attack 1: (1d20+12)[17], Damage 8, Fast Grab DC 18 Attempt: (1d20+16)[22]
    Attack 2: (1d20+12)[20], Damage 6, Fast Grab Attempt: (1d20+16)[27]
    Last edited by esorscher; 2017-08-17 at 07:13 PM.
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Chris Dalton

You feel another weak jolt of electricity as you strike, but nothing you can't withstand. The Thunderbird felt the hit but slips out of your grasp.
    He growls at his henchmen and point at a music equipment store behind you. "Get me a guitar." They hesitate for a short moment, then one of them start running toward the shop while the other two try to block your passage.
    Meanwhile, the Thunderbird once again attacks you.
    Show
    Two thugs Ready another Team attack Grab. The third one runs toward a music equipment store.
    I'm rolling your saves.
    The Thunderbird makes another Accurate attack at you : (1d20+12)[19] vs Parry DC 22
    On hit - DC 19 Toughness save against Damage : (1d20+8)[21]
    High Voltage
    DC 16 Fortitude save against Damage : (1d20+10)[30]
    Result : attack missed, save against High Voltage succesful

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Dragon's Fist

The tension is palpable. You still can't tell where the hunter is or what they're doing right now, but they certainly can pick the perfect moment to strike. The situation could hardly be more stacked against you. On the plus side, the heavy SWAT presence will make it hard for them to finish you off if their poison takes you down.
    The policemen on the outer side of the fence are panicked. They franticaly look around, guns drawn, trying to find the shooter and to take cover without knowing from where the shot came. It's pretty clear they won't be of any help unless the sniper is revealed.
    Inside the jail, the SWAT has control of the situation. However, the sudden attack disrupted their plans and they are hesitant to progress further in the building.
    You take a long look at the buildings beyond the fence. Most windows above the second floor are wide open to keep the place habitable in the summer heat. The hunter could be behind any of those, or on a roof.
    Last edited by Cazero; 2017-08-18 at 02:04 AM.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

John calls out to the SWAT team, and his own on comms. "Sniper is south east of the breach, I can't see them. Officers, whoever it is they're after me, not you." Even as he says it he wonders why a cop had been targeted first. Whatever the reason, it was simply too far to cross the street before he could be hit again, and if he wasn't as fortunate he could be left helpless in the street. Not a great prospect.
    Last edited by Rhyvurg; 2017-08-18 at 03:46 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Dalton, recognizing the threat posed by Thunderbird with a guitar, disengages from his fight with the superhuman and chases after the third thug running for the music store. With his speed, he is able to take a path that takes him around the thugs, without giving them a chance to strike him as he passes.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am intending to use up to 250' movement speed to avoid provoking AoOs for passing through threatened areas (if that's a thing).

Same deal as before, but targeting the thug.

Power Attack 4

Attack: (1d20+12)[25], Damage 8, Fast Grab DC 18
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Meanwhile, while Makeshift scans the monitors, Grace moves to take care of the most obvious threat: the fire. She grabs a nearby fire extinguisher and tries to put out what she can.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Black Diamond

Thanks to your diamond skin, you can safely approach the fire and use the extinguisher at optimal range. You will be able to keep the fire from expanding, but it will take time before you can stop it.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Chris Dalton

The thug never saw it coming and is taken out cold immediately, while the other two look dumbfounded by your speed.
    The Thunderbird rushes to the store with a scream, shoving them aside.
    Show
    Thunderbird Athletics check to run faster : (1d20+8)[15]
    High Voltage Fortitude save DC 16 against Damage
    Thug 1 : (1d20+6)[10]
    Thug 2 : (1d20+6)[20]
    They both take an electric shock as he passes by. One of them falls on the ground and the other decides to bail out and starts running the other way.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Dragon's Fist

After a few more seconds, the hunter seem to decide that you need a stronger incentive and shoots a policeman in the street to the west. The officer falls down immediately, sending a new wave of panic among his colleagues.
    Show
    Make me a DC30 Perception check.
    Last edited by Cazero; 2017-08-19 at 02:06 PM.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

16. - Top - End - #46

Dalton uses his supernatural quickness to get between Thunderbird and the instruments, again trying to subdue him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Power Attack 4

(1d20+12)[21], Damage 8, Fast Grab DC 18

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

John curses under his breath, he needed to find this guy fast, but running out there would only get him killed.

Perception - (1d20+12)[25]

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Gabriel was...about to say he'd heard to her, but John's communications made him adjust the plan a bit. "I'll head your way, but going to set up a few hundred yards north of the prison. No sense getting sniped at while disarming a bomb in mid-air," he said dryly.

For a fleeting moment, he considered the logistics of getting Chipmunk there, since he didn't exactly trust the burglar at his back, but it hardly required much deliberation. The man had prehensile feet. "Hang on tight, Chipmunk. We're going for a ride..." he told him, before taking off back towards the prison, going as quickly as Chipmunk's balance would allow.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Chris Dalton

In his precipitation to reach the store, the Thunderbird lowered his guard, and you seize the opportunity to knock him out. Your exceptional speed allows you to catch the remaining thug with no difficulty and he surrenders.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Nightrider

The Chimpmunk holds nervously to your lance with all his five limbs and manage to withstand your full speed with no difficulty. You already are in sight of the jail complex and can see Makeshift lifting off.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Makeshift

Makeshift checks the monitors one last time. "There doesn't seem to be super activity in the complex. I'm joining up with you to defuse that bomb."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Songbird

Coming back from their chase, a patrol car catches up with you and stops by. One of the officers inside knows the drill and instructs the small police squad for a simultaneous cuffing.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Dragon's Fist

You can hear Makeshift's rocket boots starting up and you see Nightrider above one of the streets.
    Show
    Again, DC30 perception check.
    You're out of combat now.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

20. - Top - End - #50

Dalton uses some of the zip-tie restraints he has to hogtie all the escapees, in the center of the nearest intersection. Standing next to his capture, he takes out his cell phone and dials the local PD. "I've got four escaped convicts, one of which is the superhuman Thunderbird, at the intersection of 3rd and F," he says into the phone. "Citizen's arrest." He keeps a close eye on his captives, especially the conscious one, as he listens to the response from the PD.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by esorscher View Post
    "I've got four escaped convicts, one of which is the superhuman Thunderbird, at the intersection of 3rd and F," he says into the phone. "Citizen's arrest."
    "Understood. We're directing a patrol car to your position, please stand by."

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

22. - Top - End - #52

Dalton does so, ending the call, leaving the line open in case one of the others needs him.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Songbird gives the officers a theatrical bow, then flies off to find the third group of escapees. On her way she listens in to the radio chatter, and flies by Dalton and Thunderbird.

"Ah, Thunderbird is here? No way!" Songbird sounds excited, and not particularly worried that he's a dangerous supercriminal. She becomes significantly more disappointed when she sees he's guitar-less and already zip tied.
    "Aw sheesh, well that's a buzzkill... Alright, I'm off to find the others!"
    And true to her word, she flies off to find the last group.
    Last edited by El'the Ellie; 2017-08-26 at 05:14 PM.
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54

As she flies off, Dalton calls after Songbird, "Where to? I'll meet up once the police take over here."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

"Come on, where are you..."

COME ON Perception - (1d20+12)[15]

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

"Alright, I'll be waiting above the prison," Gabriel responded. He took up a position some four-hundred feet up, figuring that was a reasonable safe distance while still being a survivable fall if something went wrong (superheroes measured these things differently).

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Songbird

You take back to the sky and move in the direction of the last group of runaways, but you can't see them anywhere. They must have taken off the streets.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Chris Dalton

The police reach the scene. They recognise you and take the arrested prisonners in their car.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Nightrider & Makeshift

You join above the prison. The Chipmunk hadn't complained in a while, but he can't hold back that long. "You really need to fly that high? It's probably not that big a bomb since it only needs to blow up my head."
    Amy takes a look at the collar, then swiftly cuts it out. "Actualy it's not a bomb at all. There is nothing explosive on it. Just a blipping LED and decorations."
    "WHAT?!? I did all that for nothing? Blowtorch, you, you..." The Chipmunk collapses on the lance, overwhelmed by emotions but still holding it and balanced.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Black Diamond

Thanks to your efforts, the SWAT can enter the building and make a junction with the barricaded prison guards in the western wing.
    Your slow progression brings you through the forced corridor into what appears to be a mess hall. There, sitting on a chair in a dead spot in the camera security, is the professor Frost in his power armor, keeping the fire at bay with his cryo-lasers. He greets you.
    "Finally, someone with a sense of civic duty. Miss Miller, would you mind assisting me in my endeavor? Oh, I see you are working toward it as well."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Dragon's Fist

Half a minute passed without any new sign of the hunter. The police started to organise a response, but they are unlikely to find the hunter. They must have left already.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

"As long as you're willing to go back to your cell at the end of this. Even if not, we can... talk... about that later." BD continues to extinguish fires, helping Frost. For now.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

29. - Top - End - #59

With the situation in hand, Chris speeds back to the prison, hoping to help out there.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

John calls the others. "No sign of my would-be sniper, but he could still be around. I'm joining back up with you guys." Leaving the cops to it, he heads deeper into the prison. His friends should be somewhere in the vicinity of the fire.