New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Minor Miracle (limited wish equivalent) & True Atonement (Good-aligned mind control)

Minor Miracle
    Evocation
    Level: Clr 7, Luck 7
    Components: V, S, XP; see text
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: See text
    Target, Effect, or Area: See text
    Duration: See text
    Saving Throw: See text
    Spell Resistance: Yes

A minor miracle lets you create nearly any type of effect. For example, a minor miracle can do any of the following things.

• Duplicate any cleric spell of 6th level or lower (including spells to which you have access because of your domains)
    • Duplicate any other spell of 5th level or lower.
    • Undo the harmful effects of many spells, such as geas/quest or insanity.
    • Produce any other effect whose power level is in line with the above effects, such as a single creature automatically hitting on its next attack or taking a -7 penalty on its next saving throw.

As with miracle, the effects of this spell are subject to the approval of your deity.

A duplicated spell allows saving throws and spell resistance as normal (but the save DC is for a 7th-level spell). When a minor miracle duplicates a spell that has an XP cost, you must pay that cost. When a minor miracle spell duplicates a spell with a material component that costs more than 1,000 gp, you must provide that component.

Convert your enemies to the cause of Good, without dubiously-ethical compulsion magic!

True Atonement
    Divination ([Good])
    Level: Good 9
    Components: V, S, M, DF
    Casting Time: See text
    Range: Touch
    Target: One humanoid
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Will negates; see text
    Spell Resistance: Yes

Your snarling foe is enraged at your touch - but then grows suddenly serene and remorseful as your benediction brings enlightenment.

You radically and permanently alter the moral (good vs evil) alignment of a creature to good with your touch, by granting it an epiphany into the nature of the universe. This alteration in alignment is mental as well as moral, and the individual changed by the magic thoroughly enjoys his new outlook. Only a true damnation1, wish or a miracle can restore former alignment, and the affected individual does not make any attempt to return to the former alignment. (In fact, he views the prospect with horror and avoids it in any way possible.) As a good creature, the target is most likely friendly to you. If possible it tries to persuade any of its former friends to join it in enlightenment.

This spell also causes class and racial alterations. Clerics automatically convert to a deity or cause of good. Blackguards immediately convert all blackguard levels to paladin levels. Evil outsiders gain the Ascendant Fiend template.

If you cast this spell in combat, the casting time is 1 round. If the target is restrained and you take 10 minutes to cast the spell, the target does not receive a saving throw and you ignore its spell resistance.

This is not a mind-affecting effect; the creature has been shown the rewards of virtue and the ultimate wages of sin through divination magic and makes a philosophical decision of its own on how to carry on with life.

Material Component
    A vial of holy water, costing 25 gp.

1The evil equivalent of this spell, seducing the target with the lure of power and self-indulgence.
    Last edited by rferries; 2017-08-20 at 12:24 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Minor Miracle (limited wish equivalent) & True Atonement (Good-aligned mind contr

Great additions! I always wondered why there wasn't a 'minor' miracle spell, but chalked it up to deities only grant Miracles XD

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Minor Miracle (limited wish equivalent) & True Atonement (Good-aligned mind contr

Quote Originally Posted by AOKost View Post
    Great additions! I always wondered why there wasn't a 'minor' miracle spell, but chalked it up to deities only grant Miracles XD
    I think it's because minor miracle is a better spell than limited wish, and therefore possibly overpowered (miracle has the distinction of being 9th level at least so there's more leeway in the power level). Anyhow I needed minor miracle for a homebrew celestial I'm planning at some point.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

True Atonement is awesome.
    I'll probably reference it in my overhal project.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by nonsi View Post
    Thanks! I'm honoured.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by nonsi View Post
    Perhaps add in a law/chaos one too? I mean, the lawful-aligned outsiders won't gain anything from making their chaotic counterparts good or evil...
    Spoiler: List of Things You Don't Need To Know
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    killing and eating a bag of rats is probably kosher.
    Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Goaty14 View Post
    Perhaps add in a law/chaos one too? I mean, the lawful-aligned outsiders won't gain anything from making their chaotic counterparts good or evil...
    Yeah it could be extrapolated out to each alignment. I like this singular version though, in the sense that this divination is revealing the ultimate truth that Good is more powerful than Evil ("the moral arc of the universe is long, but it tends towards justice"). A comforting thought in our grim reality :D

Plus, lawful good outsiders probably get along fine with chaotic good outsiders :)
    Last edited by rferries; 2018-03-10 at 09:13 PM.