New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Pathfinder: Need help with one-shot treasure!

Hello all!

I'm to run a One-Shot game this Sunday and wanted some assistance in creating magic items for the players to find so that they would get the most use out of them for the single session in which we play. The overalltheme is Desert/Egypt/Babylonian/etc

The party is only four characters, but I have pre-generated six characters for them to choose from. They are as follows:

A human Phalanx Fighter

A lizardfolk barbarian

A vishkanya (snake person) slayer

A human cleric (of a water deity)

A half-elf sorcerer (with a djinni bloodline)

A dwarf desert druid (with a boar companion)

In the one shot, the party will have just been waylaid by a group of bandits/cultists. After recovering and tending to their caravan, they follow a woudned bandit through the rocky pathway towards an ancient tomb.

Inside the tomb will be a locked room (with a pit trap filled with snakes)

Later on inside there will be a "treasure room" with a mimic.

Outside the puzzle door, they will see the wounded bandit and have a chance for some social interaction before he dies (or they heal him, however that tends to go)

The puzzle door that leads to a massive Dung Beetle (Modifying an Umber Hulk for this one. Giving him access to Troglodyte stench and Filth Fever)

After defeating the dung beetle "guardian" they proceed to the final room where an evil serpent mage is controlling the entombed mummies, bringing them back to life.

Any ideas on what items I should give my players? I'll be divvying out the treasure according to what characters are chosen.

I really REALLY want to use the Lion Shield and give it to the Phalanx Fighter. But other than that, I'm lost on what to give them. Help?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Pathfinder: Need help with one-shot treasure!

Give'em the Caster Gun. It's only a one shot, but hey why not.
    GMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Savage Worlds: Sky Blazers
    Star Wars Saga Edition: Heart of Corellia, Dawn of Shadows

Playing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pathfinder: Illoria