New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Making the best of Mark of Passage

Now, like most of the Mark feats, Mark of Passage provides an excellent, if rather situational bonus (to compensate, you can only take one). Lets you shift or teleport an additional square whenever a power would let you shift or teleport. Now, the fact it specifically has to be a power means that it's a bit more limited than say, Long Step. So, I come here to ask what builds/mechanical pieces do you think of that can most take advantage of this feat. So far, I've found a few, but they're just scratching the surface.

Monk: They have a power for swift-action shift 1, and a different one for a move action shift 2. Increasing both of those by one is healthy boost to their mobility, especially considering both are at-will (though both are also Full-Style movements, which might cause clashes with their offense).
    Kobold: Their Shifty benefits. Shift 1 as a minor is already pretty good. Shift 2 minor is excellent. Especially useful for classes that have relatively little use for their Minor actions, or who need to be moving around in melee a lot.
    Thief: Most of their Tricks are 'shift, then X' or 'shift while X', so they can make good use of it. Of particular note is Escape Artist's, which contains two shifts, and thus lets you double-dip on this.However, Thieves can get Risky Shift, which lets you do all of these without Mark of Passage (though at a defensive cost).

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Making the best of Mark of Passage

Warlock 10 utility lets you teleport 1 at-will.

Get enough teleport boosters and never skuff your shoes again.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Making the best of Mark of Passage

I personally like using it on druids. You natively Shift 1 when leaving Beast Form, and with Pouncing Beast Armor and Agile Form you get 2 shift 1s when entering beast form. Combining those with Mark of Passage gets you shift 4 entering beast form and shift 2 when leaving it. Then if you grab a Staff of the Traveler the shifts become teleports. All on Minor Actions. Suddenly your druid is just blinking in and out of existence while changing form.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro