New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Tomb Busters 1: They didn't meet in an inn

http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Tomb_Busters/5546858/

New comic I just got introduced to. First chapter is up, largely as a big "at once" push at the beginning of the month.

We have a girl with "locate object" and telekinesis, along with some nasty motorcycle riding skills, on a planet that looks only slightly more lawful than New Hong Kong. But apparently, being an 11 year old without parents is illegal.

And we find the rest of the cast/crew: a mechanic, a pilot, and some muscle.

... Did I say they were humans? No, I didn't :-).
    Not "fire at". I never used the word "at"
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

2. - Top - End - #2

BlackDragon

Default Re: Tomb Busters 1: They didn't meet in an inn

New pages.

Now in the middle of chapter three.

Current batch: http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Tomb_Busters/5550092/
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

3. - Top - End - #3

BlackDragon

Seems to be updating daily now.

http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Tomb_Busters/5550574/

She declines the offer to join this group in their hunt for ancient treasure.

Remember, she can speak with ghosts, and some of these treasure sites are haunted.

4. - Top - End - #4

BlackDragon

A lot has happened. However, at the last second, Vicky joins the team.

http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Tomb_Busters/5555165/

5. - Top - End - #5

BlackDragon

the challenge has started

http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Tomb_Busters/5557353/

the publisher are taking a break until Jan ...

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by keybounce View Post
    the challenge has started

http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Tomb_Busters/5557353/

the publisher are taking a break until Jan ...
    Powered through the content to date. It's... interesting, but absolutely no plot progression other than 'Vicky joins the team' happened. It *looked* like plot was about to happen, and then the comic went on hiatus until January-ish.

The early art shift did the comic no favors. It's passable art, and I mean no real offense because I can barely draw stick figures, but the first artist was better.

7. - Top - End - #7

BlackDragon

I agree; it definitely feels like it's almost all introduction so far.

Still, it's moving a little faster than Erfworld.

8. - Top - End - #8

BlackDragon

9. - Top - End - #9

BlackDragon

(I hope this bump is allowed)

So I've found this comic at it's new location.

Starts https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...4&episode_no=1

It seems to have left The Duck, and moved to WebToons for the "infinite scroll" behavior, with new content starting at https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...&episode_no=41

10. - Top - End - #10

Wow, that is a fun comic. Though, for the child-suitable art style and the according shallow plot, it is a bit brutal at several points, and several characters have died. So I don't get who the audience is supposed to be.

The point where I really felt the need to complain about the plot, was when Vicky refused to join the team, adamantly so. Then joined the Team in the last second for no truly compelling reason other than Gordon teasing her about her life.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Onyavar View Post
    The point where I really felt the need to complain about the plot, was when Vicky refused to join the team, adamantly so. Then joined the Team in the last second for no truly compelling reason other than Gordon teasing her about her life.
    The whole thing seems very focused on showcasing the author's artistic skills, and the plot, characterizations, and basic motivations seem mostly nonexistent. Nice artwork though.

Edit: also- the shoalin team (in a flying Forbidden City) from ch.3, p.7 -- I'm sure they thought that was a thrilling homage, but to me it seemed pretty tone deaf.
    Last edited by Willie the Duck; 2018-11-23 at 06:41 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

I could be wrong but was under the impression that there was some foreshadowing here as to Vicky's mysterious past (tm) and the tournement, like the way her expression shifts a little when some of the top tier contestant appeared made me think she had some reason to want to veer of it at first and then changed her mind.

Well anyway the thing seems to be dead. Shame. It was fun in a 'saturday morning cartoon' kind of way.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2018-11-24 at 05:10 AM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    Well anyway the thing seems to be dead. Shame. It was fun in a 'saturday morning cartoon' kind of way.
    Dont be too quick to dismiss it as dead. Chapter 37 came out just two weeks ago - if comics were dead and gone that easy, I would have stopped coming back here years ago.