New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Princess Panic! The Kingdom Is Yours! [IC]

Is it possible to taint the Choloro whatits? Lily questions softly.
    Last edited by Illven; 2017-09-17 at 12:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"....Is that Arcane Magic, or Divine?" As she had never heard of it, Rosaline was guessing Arcane.

3. - Top - End - #153

We should probably ask the court wizard for that. Lily remarks crossing her arms in thought, before heading off to the library to find them.
    Last edited by Illven; 2017-09-24 at 10:26 AM.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #154

Lily (and anyone else who follows) quickly makes her way to the library. The court wizard is there with a small cloud of servants, fetching him books and other supplies as needed. He doesn't seem to notice your arrival, until one of the servants points you out.

"Eh? What's that? Who on earth is important enough to interrupt my stud-" he starts, before looking up. "Ah. Right. Royalty. My apologies, I'm just... Rather tired."
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Rosaline followed Lily to the Library. With the departure of that rude man and the prospect of an adventure she was in a rather giddy mood. So the armored and armed princess proceeded to skip to the Library with Lily. Her armor making a racket as she did so. When they finally arrived she was rocking back and forth on her heels having a lot of energy starting to build up.

"GREETINGS! Sorry to interrupt but we need some insight into a few things. We wanted to know if it's possible to taint Chlorophyte."

6. - Top - End - #156

Your wizard rubs his eyes, clearly tired, but nods. "Chlorophyte, eh? I've not worked much with it, but thinking about it... It's a powerful source of natural energies. Very clean, very durable. It's not the sort of thing tainted easily, at least-I'd imagine that the only way to taint it would be to taint the plant growing it with malicious intent. And, I don't know about you, but I've never seen a plant smart enough to hold ill-will in its heart."

Show
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #157

What about the people of Sarida. If a plant's in them, and they have hostile intent would that work for tainting it? Lily questions.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

Meanwhile, Talia, leaving dealing with the wizard to her more studious half-sisters, heads out to the garden, to the place ambassador Orisa has chosen as her residence.
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    What about the people of Sarida. If a plant's in them, and they have hostile intent would that work for tainting it? Lily questions.
    "Princess Lily, unless they somehow manage to make a plant capable of feeling evil, I doubt that'd be an issue," he says.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    Meanwhile, Talia, leaving dealing with the wizard to her more studious half-sisters, heads out to the garden, to the place ambassador Orisa has chosen as her residence.
    When Talia arrives, she sees Orisa and Thraka engaged in some friendly competition-a measure of brute strength. The two are arm wrestling, with Thraka seeming to be on verge of losing.

Show
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #160

Even if the one bonded with them feels hate? Lily questions.

11. - Top - End - #161

"I'm not aware of Sadida culture, very much. They bond to plants?"

Show
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #162

Somewhat, yeah. I'm not clear on all the details. Lily admits with a shrug.

13. - Top - End - #163

"Well, I suppose if they were bonded to one of the chlorophyte-bearing plants, it might have some effects. I'm afraid I'm very unclear, though, on this matter. I study evocation more than... Botany, I suppose," he says.

Show
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #164

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    "Well, I suppose if they were bonded to one of the chlorophyte-bearing plants, it might have some effects. I'm afraid I'm very unclear, though, on this matter. I study evocation more than... Botany, I suppose," he says.
    So I should probably be asking them, huh? Lily asks with a chuckle.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Rosaline had gone cross eyed at the exchange of terms and ideas that she frankly wasn't capable of keeping up with. "People do what with the plants now?"

16. - Top - End - #166

"Yes-they are the experts on it, after all. That being said, in my youth, I was quite the scallywag. Dated a Sadida lass-oh, the things she could do with-!" he starts, then snaps himself out of it. "Ah, nevermind. Point is, she gave me token of our love-a chlorophyte inlaid amulet. There's not much of the substance, and I'll be wanting it back, but it could give you a better idea of what you're working with. It's in my room, on a shelf somewhere," he fishes a key out from his pocket. "Be careful-don't knock anything over, and don't activate anything!"

Show
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #167

"Yes-they are the experts on it, after all. That being said, in my youth, I was quite the scallywag. Dated a Sadida lass-oh, the things she could do with-!" he starts, then snaps himself out of it. "Ah, nevermind. Point is, she gave me token of our love-a chlorophyte inlaid amulet. There's not much of the substance, and I'll be wanting it back, but it could give you a better idea of what you're working with. It's in my room, on a shelf somewhere," he fishes a key out from his pocket. "Be careful-don't knock anything over, and don't activate anything!"
    What could I possibly activate? Lily questioned

18. - Top - End - #168

"There's a lot of gadgets and gizmos in there. Just be careful."

Show
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"....Just so we don't confuse it for something that could blow us up, what does this amulet look like?"

20. - Top - End - #170

"It's on a silver chain. Small gold tear-drop shape, with green inlay," he responds. "Besides, I don't think there are any explosive materials in there. Probably."

Show
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #171

If I die, remember me as I was. Lily snarked.

22. - Top - End - #172

The wizard laughs a little, and assures you "You'll be fine. Just go-if you're really nervous, I'll go with, but you should be fine."

Show
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #173

I'll be fine. Lily remarks giving the court wizard a hug, and then departing for the room.

24. - Top - End - #174

The wizard blushes a little when Lily hugs him, awkwardly wrapping an arm around her (the other busy with a book), and nods at her retreating form.

When you arrive at the room and unlock the door, it swings open on its own. Inside is an absolute mess of a room, with knick-knacks, baubles, gadgets, gizmos, and all other sorts of things all over the room. The amulet you're looking for is not immediately apparent.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Give me some Investigate checks. DC is 17 to find the amulet, but if you roll 5 or less, you trigger something.

Taking 10 is fine if you happen to have +7 or better to Investigate, as is taking 20. However, if your bonus is +4 or less, taking 20 will trigger something.

Show
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #175

Lily for her part will carefully take her time to inspect the room.

Spoiler
    Show

Taking 20, with a mod of +5

26. - Top - End - #176

Picking her way carefully around, Lily manages to find (after some five minutes of searching) a small golden teardrop amulet, inlaid with luminous green chlorophyte.

Show
    Show

Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

When Talia arrives, she sees Orisa and Thraka engaged in some friendly competition-a measure of brute strength. The two are arm wrestling, with Thraka seeming to be on verge of losing.
    "People often talk about steel, or stone", Talia says with a smile, not addressing anyone in particular, but clearly heard by both contestants, "But wood can't be underestimated, can it? Both strong and supple - that's an opponent I wouldn't want to face... I hope I'm not bothering you?"

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

28. - Top - End - #178

"No, princess," Baron Thraka says, muscles bulging. "Just having a spot of sport with our friend-DAMMIT!" he lets out as Orisa finally forces his hand to the ground. He takes a deep breath, standing up with Orisa, and smiles at the woman. "Been a while since someone could beat me in brute strength."

"It might have been polite to lose-"

"Don't be silly. My ego can take it. Now," he says, turning to face Talia, "How did things go with the other diplomat?"

Show
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Rosaline had gotten distracted by a book while Lily went into the room to search. "Rapidly cooling the air in the wake of a fire spell can sometimes result in a second, abet weaker explosion. Hmm..." After a moment she put the book down. "...This is why I use a sword, lot simpler to just cut stuff."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

"No, princess," Baron Thraka says, muscles bulging. "Just having a spot of sport with our friend-DAMMIT!" he lets out as Orisa finally forces his hand to the ground. He takes a deep breath, standing up with Orisa, and smiles at the woman. "Been a while since someone could beat me in brute strength."

"It might have been polite to lose-"

"Don't be silly. My ego can take it. Now," he says, turning to face Talia, "How did things go with the other diplomat?"
    "Not well, I'm afraid", Talia shakes her head, "He left after we rejected his offer. Of course, maybe he wasn't planning on staying anyway, but still... I'd prefer to handle it with les hostility. We didn't win any sympathies from Harkonnens today..."

She looks down for a moment, then raises her head, "But what could I do, just let him question my integrity? Do I really look like someone who would appreciate gropings from a stranger?!" her voice raises for a moment, before calming again, "I really need to learn to hide my feelings better, am I not?"

Extended signature