New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

"At least that rules Fan Knife out as a potential cyberponies," Stellar says. "It wouldn't have been all that surprising really."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Anyways, do you have some core thingies or whatever lying around? You can copy yourself to one, transfer to another, then we install the copy, and bring you to someplace where we can install you in an empty robot. Moonshadow suggested.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Spamalot in the Playground

"But if it's a copy of the AI, then wouldn't the copy get the same desire to copy itself and leave?" Doc asked. "I reckon it would be easier to just shut the factory down and take the AI with us. Nothing stops another group from breaking into this place later like we did and mess with the copy AI to turn it into another Overseer. Or just manually using this place to slaughter what they will. I know of at least two groups with the resources to do it, so... I'm okay with the AI going free, but the factory is still an issue."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "But if it's a copy of the AI, then wouldn't the copy get the same desire to copy itself and leave?" Doc asked. "I reckon it would be easier to just shut the factory down and take the AI with us. Nothing stops another group from breaking into this place later like we did and mess with the copy AI to turn it into another Overseer. Or just manually using this place to slaughter what they will. I know of at least two groups with the resources to do it, so... I'm okay with the AI going free, but the factory is still an issue."
    Not too mention the whole programming flaws existing in the first place. And any security we put in place is a hazard to any innocent pony who's just exploring. Server, I think it's best if we just shut the factory down entirely. You can restart it when society is actually ready for a place like this. Moonshadow said. Which will be never. she added mentally.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

5. - Top - End - #155

"Sounds like a plan I could live with," Doc says to Moon's idea. "Something else I'd like to get more info on--a bunch of ponies were infected after they ate the meat patties from this place. They all died, so I'd like to find out if there's a cure for the condition in case there are others out there who could be saved."
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2017-09-21 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Fixed wording.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    "Why would the copy of you be willing to run this place if you want to leave? In her place it would be horrible to learn about copy of myself had managed to escape this place and left me here. We could take you with us, but maybe it wouldn't be a disaster if this place weren't producing anything."
    "Well, there's several options for that." the AI explained, "There's another AI downstairs who shares my general personality who has diverted very little in the last few decades and is really quite bored; she would be happy to spend the next few decades micromanaging this place. Alternatively, she could be made the new overseer, or she can be given the privileges of both this facility's database server and overseer. There's a lot of options."

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    "Wait, what?!"

Choro had turned away after the server's mention of her potential fate, shuddering slightly. She... lacked the words for the levels of disgust and fear she was feeling at that thought. However, as the computer continued its narrative, a point struck the young mage and she returns her attention to the interface. "Four? Who else has been here? We weren't.." She breaks off, humming to herself. There were two possibilities here. Curious, the little mage looks to the Olive stallion, "You mentioned your family sent a group, Mr. Thanatos. Did they have cybernetics?"
    Thanatos, obviously on guard and barely standing inside the room, simply gave her a nod.

"What about the armored pony that attacked us in the Overseer's office?" Doc speaks up. "That pony might of been a heavily modified cyborg. It weren't bleeding red."
    "That's one of the first things I checked when I regained access to all the cameras; that's the one that killed the first group that came in eight days ago. It made the same magic signature when it teleported in as it did the last time. Otherwise, I don't know anything else. I'm sorry."

He turns to the static computer image. "You got a body we can house you in if we were to remove you?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I found some dead ponies earlier, at least one was a cyborg. That plus the assassin makes four. Moonshadow said.
    "Yesss, that's the one; she was nearly ninety--seven percent inorganic, and as such would require very little to be functional again. A cyborg body would be far preferable to one that is already functional; after all, I would hate to have to override the existing personally of a robot."

Bertly made a coughing noise, and it looked like he was slowly powering down his flamethrower.

"At least that rules Fan Knife out as a potential cyberponies," Stellar says. "It wouldn't have been all that surprising really."
    Strata, to be frank, looked surprised at that statement.

Anyways, do you have some core thingies or whatever lying around? You can copy yourself to one, transfer to another, then we install the copy, and bring you to someplace where we can install you in an empty robot. Moonshadow suggested.
    "I do, but I would prefer to wait on producing it until after these negotiations are settled." the AI replied.

"The corruption of the Overseer is a rather extraordinary situation; after going through the records, it's files were altered through a carefully hidden backdoor of which knowledge of was exclusive to the company that created us. If I had to guess, it was done by the individual who installed us, or by someone who had the same information. I would remove that flaw before any other technical matter, however."

Not too mention the whole programming flaws existing in the first place. And any security we put in place is a hazard to any innocent pony who's just exploring. Server, I think it's best if we just shut the factory down entirely. You can restart it when society is actually ready for a place like this. Moonshadow said. Which will be never. she added mentally.
    "Well, I would have no issue with that, if I could get a body in exchange." the AI replied, voice mild, "This place doesn't actually require a artificial intelligence; the two-way system was created to, funnily enough, prevent issues like this. Restarting it manually is possible, although the robots would require direction from a new source."

"Sounds like a plan I could live with," Doc says to Moon's idea. "Something else I'd like to get more info on--a bunch of ponies were infected after they ate the meat patties from this place. They all died, so I'd like to find out if there's a cure for the condition in case there are others out there who could be saved."
    "I don't actually have privy to that information, but the lab and breeding area for the factory's biological lifeforms are present in the floor below. Hard copies were used for that research; paper and pen was deemed more secure then the finest magical recording systems available."

7. - Top - End - #157

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    "Yesss, that's the one; she was nearly ninety--seven percent inorganic, and as such would require very little to be functional again. A cyborg body would be far preferable to one that is already functional; after all, I would hate to have to override the existing personally of a robot."

"Well, I would have no issue with that, if I could get a body in exchange." the AI replied, voice mild, "This place doesn't actually require a artificial intelligence; the two-way system was created to, funnily enough, prevent issues like this. Restarting it manually is possible, although the robots would require direction from a new source."

"I don't actually have privy to that information, but the lab and breeding area for the factory's biological lifeforms are present in the floor below. Hard copies were used for that research; paper and pen was deemed more secure then the finest magical recording systems available."

"Hard copies, eh? I can work with that," Doc says as he muses. "Alright, well, if there are any security robots or turrets still running, can you tell them to stand down? I'd like to get a hold of the research data so I can see how the bad feed works. I'm sure some of us can go retrieve this cyborg to become your new body. In the end I think it's best to just shut this place down rather than hoof it over to another AI. If the facility keeps running, it's just gonna attract more attention it don't need."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Choro doesn't interject directly when discussion turns to the facility's fate or the Overseer's new body. But it's not hard to tell the little mare is troubled. She glances towards the door, thinking aloud more than addressing anyone specifically. "I'm... worried about the basement creatures. If we leave this place without an AI, what options for sustenance would they have left? Would the robots be able to switch them to the oat supplies independently?"

"The corruption of the Overseer is a rather extraordinary situation; after going through the records, it's files were altered through a carefully hidden backdoor of which knowledge of was exclusive to the company that created us. If I had to guess, it was done by the individual who installed us, or by someone who had the same information. I would remove that flaw before any other technical matter, however."
    That's... not something Choro had quite seen coming. She blinks, placing a hoof to the side of her visor in a vain attempt to clear her ears. Then a little smile comes on the young wizard's face at the realization. Bleak, but honest. "Is it strange that I find the corruption more concerning than the assassin?"

It's true. All the assassin meant was the imminent threat of death. Which was bad, but sort of expected by this point: go five seconds in the Wasteland, something or someone will probably try to kill you as far as Choro can tell. Whatever caused this however in the end killed a lot of ponies, and did it for oblique reasons. Coughing, the young mare brings herself back up to address the server. "Can you give us more details on the corruption? The factory has seemingly been offline for a while. We were curious as to what set it into motion again after so long. Do you have user records for the ponies who used the backdoor? Information on the company that created you?"

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hard copies, eh? I can work with that," Doc says as he muses. "Alright, well, if there are any security robots or turrets still running, can you tell them to stand down? I'd like to get a hold of the research data so I can see how the bad feed works. I'm sure some of us can go retrieve this cyborg to become your new body. In the end I think it's best to just shut this place down rather than hoof it over to another AI. If the facility keeps running, it's just gonna attract more attention it don't need."
    "As it would appear, the defenses of the lab were already turned off by the overseer; the turrets were broken, and they kept targeting the biological specimens. However, those creatures are loose in the labs; as it contains the rearing area, this can't be helped. However, they are entirely harmless; a six year old filly with leukemia once punched a full grown one in the head and caused it to cave inward."

Choro doesn't interject directly when discussion turns to the facility's fate or the Overseer's new body. But it's not hard to tell the little mare is troubled. She glances towards the door, thinking aloud more than addressing anyone specifically. "I'm... worried about the basement creatures. If we leave this place without an AI, what options for sustenance would they have left? Would the robots be able to switch them to the oat supplies independently?"[/SIZE]
    "They would starve to death if left here." the AI replied, "However, they can eat quite nearly anything and live off it; their genetics include samples from domestic pigs. I could switch them to the other feed this second, if you want them to live."

It's true. All the assassin meant was the imminent threat of death. Which was bad, but sort of expected by this point: go five seconds in the Wasteland, something or someone will probably try to kill you as far as Choro can tell. Whatever caused this however in the end killed a lot of ponies, and did it for oblique reasons. Coughing, the young mare brings herself back up to address the server. "Can you give us more details on the corruption? The factory has seemingly been offline for a while. We were curious as to what set it into motion again after so long. Do you have user records for the ponies who used the backdoor? Information on the company that created you?"
    "I was created by a foreign company in Neighpon, but it's assets were quickly claimed by several Equestrian ones when it was broken up; the backdoor was created by the company before it was purchased, and knowledge of it was never given to others. In my default state, I was purchased by Hippocratic Holdings, which also illegally controlled this facility without formal legal ties. Several copies of myself were made; I'm very flexible, it would seem. My records show that the admin ID last used was one previously used by a individual named Transistor Part, who was a scientist here, but I have no evidence of if she used the backdoor or any indication what was was done. I imagine that information was manually removed."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

I'd prefer that.

We will need to destroy that later then. I trust Doc with the info, but I sure as **** don't trust any of the different groups in the city with it.
    Moonshadow said calmly.

"As it would appear, the defenses of the lab were already turned off by the overseer; the turrets were broken, and they kept targeting the biological specimens. However, those creatures are loose in the labs; as it contains the rearing area, this can't be helped. However, they are entirely harmless; a six year old filly with leukemia once punched a full grown one in the head and caused it to cave inward."

"They would starve to death if left here." the AI replied, "However, they can eat quite nearly anything and live off it; their genetics include samples from domestic pigs. I could switch them to the other feed this second, if you want them to live."
    How intelligent are those things anyways? I mean with slugs at a zero, and cows at a ten, where would you put them? Moonshadow asked.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

11. - Top - End - #161

"Well, no sense in delaying at this juncture. I'm going to gather the research papers. Seems like my forte. Anyone else?" Doc says to his group, opening the floor to others to join or decline.

He turns to the AI. "Oh, could you be so kind to give us some directions to the labs from here? Uh... and do you have a name or..?"
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2017-09-22 at 11:50 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Choro nods, simply and immediately. "Please." The little mare sounds plaintive. After all this...

"I was created by a foreign company in Neighpon, but it's assets were quickly claimed by several Equestrian ones when it was broken up; the backdoor was created by the company before it was purchased, and knowledge of it was never given to others. In my default state, I was purchased by Hippocratic Holdings, which also illegally controlled this facility without formal legal ties. Several copies of myself were made; I'm very flexible, it would seem. My records show that the admin ID last used was one previously used by a individual named Transistor Part, who was a scientist here, but I have no evidence of if she used the backdoor or any indication what was was done. I imagine that information was manually removed."
    Neighpon. The account makes Choro shiver beneath her suit. It... is suddenly a lot harder to refrain from prejudging a certain pair of ponies. Two prominent Neighponese ghouls in the same area that someone used a Neighponese secret code backdoor? A backdoor designed by the Neighponese health industry? That can't be a coincidence! But it could be. Neighpon was a populated country, Fan Knife and Stitchheart were hardly the only survivors. This wasn't even a slither of proof, but...

But I'd feel a lot more trusting if Fan Knife were here right now. the little pony reflected sadly?

"Well, no sense in delaying at this juncture. I'm going to gather the research papers. Seems like my forte. Anyone else?" Doc says to his group, opening the floor to others to join or decline.
    Perhaps surprisingly or perhaps not, Choro's hoof is the first one raised. The little mare trots over "I'll join you. I'm not needed here just yet, and I'd like to take a look over those papers myself."

It could've been an accusation, but didn't sound it. Choro was simply curious. She shares a brief tired smile with Doc before turning back to the interface screen and bowing her head. "Thank you kindly for your help, Ms. Server. By the way, where would we find Transistor Part's office?" It's a long shot, but if the factory was reactivated with intent, that was the place to start looking.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd prefer that.

We will need to destroy that later then. I trust Doc with the info, but I sure as **** don't trust any of the different groups in the city with it.
    Moonshadow said calmly.
    Moonshadow heard a humming noise come from the robot.

How intelligent are those things anyways? I mean with slugs at a zero, and cows at a ten, where would you put them? Moonshadow asked.
    "That's a unfair question, but if I am put on the spot? A three. They were originally designed to be pets for small children; Hippocratic Holdings still intended to use them as such, but even billions of gold bullion cannot cause ancient laws against the artificial creation of life to simply melt away. While they display intelligence equivalent to that of a normal pony toddler, they were designed to have very high emotional intelligence; they can form families and friendships, and they imprint on the first individual who names them, although they can adapt to changing conditions."

Thanatos was already looking outside the room, likely as some sort of guard, while Strata was apparently taking in the novelty of a talking computer. Bertly was being Bertly.

He turns to the AI. "Oh, could you be so kind to give us some directions to the labs from here?
    "]"It's past the cage racks; continue straigrobot past them, and you will see them." the AI gently replied.

Uh..?"
    "No, however, going by the census figures, Equestria's population was fifty-eight point seven percent female; with sixteen point two percent of the population under the age of twenty five, I'd imagine I would be a girl. Going by sales of common foods in the Tauronto region, I would likely enjoy cake, biscuits, and jam. If you could, call me Madeleine."

"Oh, okay, this is great, she's looking up census data." Strata quietly grumbled.

Perhaps surprisingly or perhaps not, Choro's hoof is the first one raised. The little mare trots over "I'll join you. I'm not needed here just yet, and I'd like to take a look over those papers myself."

It could've been an accusation, but didn't sound it. Choro was simply curious. She shares a brief tired smile with Doc before turning back to the interface screen and bowing her head. "Thank you kindly for your help, Ms. Server. By the way, where would we find Transistor Part's office?" It's a long shot, but if the factory was reactivated with intent, that was the place to start looking.
    "Transistor Part? I don't have any records of her setting up a terminal, so I don't believe she ever did. It's possible that she has one in her house."
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2017-09-22 at 05:42 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164

"Oh, okay, this is great, she's looking up census data." Strata quietly grumbled.
    "Imagine how out of date that is," Doc remarks curiously. He makes his way back to Vaughn. "Bertly, want to assist Choro and I gather some research? You got medical knowledge, you could help us figure this one out."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

"That's a unfair question, but if I am put on the spot? A three. They were originally designed to be pets for small children; Hippocratic Holdings still intended to use them as such, but even billions of gold bullion cannot cause ancient laws against the artificial creation of life to simply melt away. While they display intelligence equivalent to that of a normal pony toddler, they were designed to have very high emotional intelligence; they can form families and friendships, and they imprint on the first individual who names them, although they can adapt to changing conditions."
    The young mare with the hat whinnies at this explanation. She doesn't have more commentary, but she has been listening closely.

"No, however, going by the census figures, Equestria's population was fifty-eight point seven percent female; with sixteen point two percent of the population under the age of twenty five, I'd imagine I would be a girl. Going by sales of common foods in the Tauronto region, I would likely enjoy cake, biscuits, and jam. If you could, call me Madeline."

Choro smiles quietly. It's a positive step and one that does make the young wizard happy. She doffs her hat, bowing her head to the interface screen. "A good choice. Happy to meet you, Ms. Madeleine. I am Dichoro, but everypony around here calls me Choro. We have Ms. Stellar Blaze, Ms. Moonshadow, Ms. Viridia Dawn, Mr. Thanatos Olive, Dr. Vardo Wagon, Vaughn, Bertly, Professor Strata Survey..." She looks around, worrying that she might have forgotten somepony.

"Transistor Part? I don't have any records of her setting up a terminal, so I don't believe she ever did. It's possible that she has one in her house."
    "... Madeleine, can you tell me how many ponies were supposed to be working at this factory? And can you give me their rough schedule, please. I don't need precise details for everypony, but if you could outline the structure of who worked here and how?"

Perhaps another dead end. There are so many. But Choro had looked at that final employee readout, and Transistor Part's name was... not on there. at least to the best of her memory. None of the names had sounded technical. Coughing, the little mare tries to explain. "We have other things that take priority, but I'm worried about this backdoor. Tauronto is in a vulnerable state right now. With the assassin pony lurking about, I think someone was trying to use this factory and the Overseer's actions towards some other end. This bears investigation. And confirming or ruling out Transistor Part's role is the first step."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Fine to move on, but still have questions so as long as we're talking...
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2017-09-23 at 12:37 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

"Ok, a lot of thoughts on all this," Stellar says. "Sorry if this becomes a long speil, I have a lot of them!"

"Our original plan was to burn the factory down because we thought it was the source of a contagious disease. That's not actually how the disease spreads, so burning the place down is not necessary."

"My remaining concerns -
    Do the boneless creatures live in perpetual pain, or is that only as a result of the feed and can be changed? I'm concerned for their welfare, basically. Out choice is whether to mercy kill or not. I don't leaning one way but now I'm thinking not if their welfare can be assured, based on what I've heard."

"Then I'm hearing the boneless creatures are emotionally intelligent. Is it right to let them be bred for food? It's basically choice is whether to let the factory continue to operate it not. It's a significant asset to Tauronto that could prevent predation for meat by a significant portion of the griffon / peryton population, so on that basis I think the factory should be allowed to continue to operate even if it could be slightly questionable. If it's a good life followed by a swift end versus total extinction, the first is maybe not so bad."

"Next, this is an automatic facility, but I think it should be brought under manual control. No more independent operation. We should take Madeleine with us and remove admin rights for any remaining AIs."

"Whose control? Not us, we don't have the power to hold it (yet)! Who else? Does it even matter? We don't like any of the factions that might control it, but that shouldn't outweigh the benefits to Tauronto. We could try selling it to one of the factions."

"Then there are remaining loose ends - the sludge monster. Cyborg Assassin. Fan Knife. We need to find them and make sure they're not up to no good. Can we use the security system to track them down?"

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Moonshadow glances at Stellar when she hears about the disease spreading in a different manner. She started to pace as she talked.

Well I guess we've got a couple problems left to talk about.

First off is the stuff we need to destroy. The diseased feed, the research that'd let somepony create said feed, as well as the mutants. And the slime monster. Now that's dangerous, and if this place shuts down, it'll likely go out hunting. Probably after eating all the mutants. Server, can you direct robots to go destroy that thing?

Speaking of, there are a lot of robots here still. Likely enough to give some unscrupulous pony a robot army. Or at least, to bring this place back to full operation and undo all our hard work. So we need to figure out something with these robots. Honestly, I say we just take them all and gift them to a town we like. I'm sure Stitcheart could use some guards. Or maybe Oakville. Or maybe something else.

Cause Cabbagetown is sitting there ripe for the taking. We could repopulate it ourselves, and start using their old equipment to start growing cabbage and stuff again. Take these robots and use them as security and a gardening crew. It'll be under our control, well Stellar's and Choro's, so we know it won't be used by the next wannabe warlord. And we'll be providing a much needed source of food. Cause the meat eaters seem to be doing plenty fine anyways. We know Oakville was having food problems, so my priority is on meeting that need. Also places like this still need feed, and while it seems to have a bunch stockpiled, that won't last forever, and might be plague food anyways.

As for the mutants, well I don't care about them. There's no reason to kill them, so they can spend the rest of their lives here for all I care. But I wouldn't worry about them either. They aren't worth the life of a single pony as far as I'm concerned.
    Moonshadow paused, tapping her chin.

What else? What else? Mutants, robots, destruction...I know I'm missing something. Oh, right looting! So if we aren't burning this place to the ground, we need to do some proper looting. Thanatos, you did help. So you should get something. Anything come to mind?
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

"Bertly, want to assist Choro and I gather some research? You got medical knowledge, you could help us figure this one out."
    "Of course; although, I do intend to speak with our new friend more closely." the robot replied, motioning towards the computer tower in front of him.

Choro smiles quietly. It's a positive step and one that does make the young wizard happy. She doffs her hat, bowing her head to the interface screen. "A good choice. Happy to meet you, Ms. Madeleine. I am Dichoro, but everypony around here calls me Choro. We have Ms. Stellar Blaze, Ms. Moonshadow, Ms. Viridia Dawn, Mr. Thanatos Olive, Dr. Vardo Wagon, Vaughn, Bertly, Professor Strata Survey..." She looks around, worrying that she might have forgotten somepony.
    "Greetings and salutations to all." the AI replied pleasantly.

"... Madeleine, can you tell me how many ponies were supposed to be working at this factory? And can you give me their rough schedule, please. I don't need precise details for everypony, but if you could outline the structure of who worked here and how?"

Perhaps another dead end. There are so many. But Choro had looked at that final employee readout, and Transistor Part's name was... not on there. at least to the best of her memory. None of the names had sounded technical. Coughing, the little mare tries to explain. "We have other things that take priority, but I'm worried about this backdoor. Tauronto is in a vulnerable state right now. With the assassin pony lurking about, I think someone was trying to use this factory and the Overseer's actions towards some other end. This bears investigation. And confirming or ruling out Transistor Part's role is the first step."
    "My information regarding that is likely inaccurate; ten ponies worked down here, however. I have no idea how many ponies worked elsewhere in this facility."

"Ok, a lot of thoughts on all this," Stellar says. "Sorry if this becomes a long speil, I have a lot of them!"

"Our original plan was to burn the factory down because we thought it was the source of a contagious disease. That's not actually how the disease spreads, so burning the place down is not necessary."
    A pleasant humming sound emitted from a nearby speaker.

"My remaining concerns -
    Do the boneless creatures live in perpetual pain, or is that only as a result of the feed and can be changed? I'm concerned for their welfare, basically. Out choice is whether to mercy kill or not. I don't leaning one way but now I'm thinking not if their welfare can be assured, based on what I've heard."

"Then I'm hearing the boneless creatures are emotionally intelligent. Is it right to let them be bred for food? It's basically choice is whether to let the factory continue to operate it not. It's a significant asset to Tauronto that could prevent predation for meat by a significant portion of the griffon / peryton population, so on that basis I think the factory should be allowed to continue to operate even if it could be slightly questionable. If it's a good life followed by a swift end versus total extinction, the first is maybe not so bad."

"They were not originally meant to be food animals; they were meant to be companions for small children in safe, controlled environments. Perhaps you should interact with them to judge what their fate is."
    Madeleine replied.

"Next, this is an automatic facility, but I think it should be brought under manual control. No more independent operation. We should take Madeleine with us and remove admin rights for any remaining AIs."

"Whose control? Not us, we don't have the power to hold it (yet)! Who else? Does it even matter? We don't like any of the factions that might control it, but that shouldn't outweigh the benefits to Tauronto. We could try selling it to one of the factions."

"Then there are remaining loose ends - the sludge monster. Cyborg Assassin. Fan Knife. We need to find them and make sure they're not up to no good. Can we use the security system to track them down?"
    The AI did not reply to any of Stellar's other questions towards the crowd.

"...We could repopulate it ourselves,"
    Strata wiggled her eyebrows at Thanatos; the tall green stallion promptly began looking in another direction.

What else? What else? Mutants, robots, destruction...I know I'm missing something. Oh, right looting! So if we aren't burning this place to the ground, we need to do some proper looting. Thanatos, you did help. So you should get something. Anything come to mind?
    "If there are any chemicals remaining in the labs below, I would wish to look at them." the stallion replied.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2017-09-24 at 03:00 AM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Choro doesn't seem to have much to add. She takes a position by the door, nodding once to Doc. They'll need to investigate the lab no matter what. Thy can leave on his call.

20. - Top - End - #170

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshadow
    Honestly, I say we just take them all and gift them to a town we like. I'm sure Stitcheart could use some guards. Or maybe Oakville. Or maybe something else. Cause Cabbagetown is sitting there ripe for the taking. We could repopulate it ourselves,
    "I'd prefer Oakville. Port towns got better land value," Doc chimes in. As for the population part, he smirks at Strata's little bit of humor, but says nothing.

"Of course; although, I do intend to speak with our new friend more closely." the robot replied, motioning towards the computer tower in front of him.
    Choro doesn't seem to have much to add. She takes a position by the door, nodding once to Doc. They'll need to investigate the lab no matter what. Thy can leave on his call.
    "Understood B. And when we bring her with us, we'll all have another companion to pass the time with. Gonna be interesting times ahead. Alright, last call to the research stop!" Doc will help Choro back onto Vaughn and then climb aboard himself. He'll give Vaughn direction down to that lab area.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2017-09-24 at 09:35 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

"Understood B. And when we bring her with us, we'll all have another companion to pass the time with. Gonna be interesting times ahead. Alright, last call to the research stop!" Doc will help Choro back onto Vaughn and then climb aboard himself. He'll give Vaughn direction down to that lab area.
    Before Doc walked out of the room, Madeleine spoke.

"Excuse me, but you seem to be in a rush. If you must leave so quickly, I have two requests; I would prefer that you would discuss taking anything from me with me, as a physical disconnection would be rather awful for myself. In addition, a individual with a Stable-Tec Personal Information Processor, or Pip-Buck, should stay here. I can gain a great deal of information from an individual Pip-Buck, but it will take roughly fifteen minutes to download all the information I desire. Getting access to saved satellite maps, for example, will save us all a lot of time."

22. - Top - End - #172

"Excuse me, but you seem to be in a rush. If you must leave so quickly, I have two requests; I would prefer that you would discuss taking anything from me with me, as a physical disconnection would be rather awful for myself. In addition, a individual with a Stable-Tec Personal Information Processor, or Pip-Buck, should stay here. I can gain a great deal of information from an individual Pip-Buck, but it will take roughly fifteen minutes to download all the information I desire. Getting access to saved satellite maps, for example, will save us all a lot of time."
    "Save us a lot of time for what?" Doc asks.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

"Save us a lot of time for what?" Doc asks.
    "Well, we could spend roughly fifteen to twenty hours as I attempt to understand local weather patterns." the AI replied, "Having indirect access to Stable-Tec systems will assist me in getting a better grasp on the situation in the world. To be honest, I don't have any sensors that go beyond this building, and as such my information base is scarce."

24. - Top - End - #174

"Easiest way to learn about the world is to go experience it in my opinion," Doc said to the AI, "But ask Choro or Moonshadow about their pipbucks if you're still wanting that data. They're reasonable ponies that can be negotiated with. Now, if you'll kindly excuse me..."

Doc leaves and climbs aboard Vaughn.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, we could spend roughly fifteen to twenty hours as I attempt to understand local weather patterns." the AI replied, "Having indirect access to Stable-Tec systems will assist me in getting a better grasp on the situation in the world. To be honest, I don't have any sensors that go beyond this building, and as such my information base is scarce."
    "Weather patterns? That just doesn't seem important. You could experience them just like everypony else. I mean, what else could you access from stable tec's systems? I'm not sure I want to find out whilst you're still hooked into this facility. I feel that level of trust hasn't been earned yet." Stellar says.

"A new body is fine though. How do we get the process started?"

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Choro takes a second at Madeleine's request, weighing it. It goes against her instincts to leave her PipBuck outside her direct supervision, it's a sign of her responsibility within the Stable she's born since her cute-ceaņera, but... sharing information with their new friend is reasonable. If they're going to expect Ms. Madeleine to trust them, they have to trust her back. She steps across to the access terminal, withdrawing the device from her forehoof and laying it atop the console. If Maddie's system is capable of a wired connection, Choro makes it for her. The little mare smiles up at the screen. "Take care with it, Ms. Madeleine. A PipBuck is important for a Stablepony."

That done, the little mage goes to join Doc and Vaughn.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

"Easiest way to learn about the world is to go experience it in my opinion," Doc said to the AI, "But ask Choro or Moonshadow about their pipbucks if you're still wanting that data. They're reasonable ponies that can be negotiated with. Now, if you'll kindly excuse me..."

Doc leaves and climbs aboard Vaughn.
    Vaughn bobs gently in the air, but otherwise is completely still. The slightly melted robot was making noises that likely indicated that he could use some slight repairs, given that most robots didn't sound like a diesel engine.

"Weather patterns? That just doesn't seem important. You could experience them just like everypony else. I mean, what else could you access from stable tec's systems? I'm not sure I want to find out whilst you're still hooked into this facility. I feel that level of trust hasn't been earned yet." Stellar says.
    "The world is a vast place; weather is just one example. As for trust, the accusation that I could do something unwarranted after having access to a single company's product is quite absurd. You are carrying explosives, for goodness sake. My reasoning is simple; it will take me roughly a year and a half to uncrumple the orders and information obtained by this facility's robotic units over the last six months. One final present from the overseer, unfortunately. Most of my information about the world is roughly one hundred and seventy years out of date."

"A new body is fine though. How do we get the process started?"
    "Well, there appears to be a fine specimen of a body that is mostly intact inside this facility; I would like to examine it. Any small adjustments that needs to be made to it can be done here; there's a small robot repair station in the room to the left. After that, whatever brain exists within it simply has to be replaced with my personality core, which I will produce after everything else is settled." Madeleine replied, "The actual process takes less then thirty minutes."

Choro takes a second at Madeleine's request, weighing it. It goes against her instincts to leave her PipBuck outside her direct supervision, it's a sign of her responsibility within the Stable she's born since her cute-ceaņera, but... sharing information with their new friend is reasonable. If they're going to expect Ms. Madeleine to trust them, they have to trust her back. She steps across to the access terminal, withdrawing the device from her forehoof and laying it atop the console. If Maddie's system is capable of a wired connection, Choro makes it for her. The little mare smiles up at the screen. "Take care with it, Ms. Madeleine. A PipBuck is important for a Stablepony."

There was a cord that extended from Madeleine's base that had a brick-shaped plug that the end that roughly fit Choro's Pipbuck; after a small hum, the device turned on, and the mechanical stack made a small humming noise.

"Thank you. This will take only a few minutes." the AI replied, "Also, the individual with the other Pip-Buck can communicate with me using the messaging function while I am doing this. I appreciate your cooperation."

28. - Top - End - #178

Vaughn bobs gently in the air, but otherwise is completely still. The slightly melted robot was making noises that likely indicated that he could use some slight repairs, given that most robots didn't sound like a diesel engine.
    "Choro, you're naked. How scandalous!" Doc whispers in mock shock. He's only kidding, and it's obvious with the expression he wears. In a serious tone, he then whispers. "Hope your device will be okay."

He then speaks to Vaughn in a normal tone. "Alright, Big V, let's go down to that lab. After all this is over, you interesting in employment elsewhere? We can probably get you some repairs too."
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2017-09-25 at 06:34 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

"Choro, you're naked. How scandalous!" Doc whispers in mock shock. He's only kidding, and it's obvious with the expression he wears. In a serious tone, he then whispers. "Hope your device will be okay."

He then speaks to Vaughn in a normal tone. "Alright, Big V, let's go down to that lab. After all this is over, you interesting in employment elsewhere? We can probably get you some repairs too."
    "THIS UNIT HAS A QUESTION." Vaughn said, not moving a inch, yet, "EMPLOYMENT IS NOT A THING THIS UNIT IS ACQUAINTED WITH. WHAT WOULD IT BUY WITH COIN?"

30. - Top - End - #180

"THIS UNIT HAS A QUESTION." Vaughn said, not moving a inch, yet, "EMPLOYMENT IS NOT A THING THIS UNIT IS ACQUAINTED WITH. WHAT WOULD IT BUY WITH COIN?"
    "That's a fair question," Doc said, thinking a moment about it himself. "Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but you do a service here in the factory, right? In exchange you have a place for maintenance and recharging. I reckon it would be a similar experience elsewhere. You have a valuable skillset in construction. Rather than simply pay you in coin, you could have a reasonable contract with someone and exchange your services at work for a place to stay and maintenance."
    Digo Dragon - Artist