New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

Stellar flexes her regrown wing reflexively.
    "No. Which is something I intend to correct the next time we meet," she says acidly.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Cool. Hey we're those goats still hanging around? I wanted to dump that Brahim calf on them. Moonshadow said.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    Doc was immediately met by a high-pitched chorus of voices that ranged from 'child like' to 'high-pitched edutainment character', and he saw not one, but seven other fat critters emerge from the hollow log that dominated that corner of the room, three with foals near them. In total, there was likely forty of the critters swarming him, and hurried cries of 'Be nue daddy?' and 'Daddy nab babbies?' was nearly deafening. The skinny one hugging his legs was joined by two others in similar states; although, most of the critters looked remarkably healthy and clean, even if they happened to smell like shampoo attempting to cover up the stench of unwashed hairy animals. Doc also spotted some with tiny horns on their head, and some with tiny wings on their back, although those otherwise didn't look any different from the others around it.
    Uh oh, this is a lot more critters than Doc expected. The Overseer was busy brewing up these things, wasn't it?

Doc patted the original purple one one that came up to him. "I'll name you Brighteyes. Wow, there sure are a lot of you in here. Didn't expect so many. Alright, well, I got some friends with me. We'll figure out something with y'all."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #334
    Colossus in the Playground

Fan Knife listened to the reports, nodding at each of the pegasi's answers, and then glanced at Moonshadow.

"It was the goats. There was a big Mr. Handy outside, and I decided to fight it; it was starting to snow again, so I grabbed my hat. I'll show you it when we leave, if you want to loot it or whatever."
    Fan Knife replied, before glancing at the computer in the middle of the room, after looking at the corpse, "Goo monster's not anything surprising; I kind of expected a giant black pudding or something like that to pop up. The unicorn's more interesting; I'm guessing you didn't kill it?"
    "They didn't think killing Thanatos was a good idea." Viridia said, before processing Stellar's answer. "Oh, that unicorn."

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    Stellar flexes her regrown wing reflexively.
    "No. Which is something I intend to correct the next time we meet," she says acidly.
    Fan Knife glanced at Stellar's oddly brand new looking wing, nodded, and continued speaking.

"Did it use any magic? If it could rub two spells together, then it was probably a guild mage. You haven't talked to any of them, have you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Cool. Hey we're those goats still hanging around? I wanted to dump that Brahim calf on them. Moonshadow said.
    "Yeah, they're outside." the filly replied, before yawning and adjusting her posture before settling back down on her stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    "They didn't think killing Thanatos was a good idea." Viridia said, before processing Stellar's answer. "Oh, that unicorn."
    Fan Knife's ear twitched. Then she frowned.

"I'm guessing Thanatos is some guy you found here? Where's he from? Reavers?"

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Uh oh, this is a lot more critters than Doc expected. The Overseer was busy brewing up these things, wasn't it?

Doc patted the original purple one one that came up to him. "I'll name you Brighteyes. Wow, there sure are a lot of you in here. Didn't expect so many. Alright, well, I got some friends with me. We'll figure out something with y'all."
    'Cutie hab name!' said Brighteyes, who's eyes did seemingly shine with newfound enthusiasm for existing. Doc was then immediately met with a new wave of cuties that outright surrounded him, with barely a place to move that wasn't occupied by a foal-sized toy-pony-thing.

6. - Top - End - #336

'Cutie hab name!' said Brighteyes, who's eyes did seemingly shine with newfound enthusiasm for existing. Doc was then immediately met with a new wave of cuties that outright surrounded him, with barely a place to move that wasn't occupied by a foal-sized toy-pony-thing.
    Doc attempted to stand up and calm the crowd. "Hang on y'all. Let's all meet my friends and we can get everyone a name. Let's all mosey out of the lab there."

He tried to move towards the exit.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

7. - Top - End - #337

Fan Knife's ear twitched. Then she frowned.

"I'm guessing Thanatos is some guy you found here? Where's he from? Reavers?"
    "Olives." Viridia said, with undisguised disapproval.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

Doc attempted to stand up and calm the crowd. "Hang on y'all. Let's all meet my friends and we can get everyone a name. Let's all mosey out of the lab there."

He tried to move towards the exit.
    Doc's calm and reasonable statement was met by the crowd of cuties continuing to swarm him, asking for names and hugs and, while not obstructing him entirely, seemed more concerned with the possibility of having attention towards them then anything else.

Given that he was a pony and the critters couldn't be more then six pounds each, it wasn't too hard to walk past them towards the door, though some of the cuties started to cry out when he turned away from them, their high-pitched voices a chorus of ear-pain.

"Olives." Viridia said, with undisguised disapproval.
    Fan Knife made a face of disgust, as if she caught a whiff of dung in the room, which was impressive given that she lacked a nose.

"Is it a mercenary, or a family member?"
    the filly replied, sounding rather grumpy, now, "Or some merc who married into it? Because if it's a merc, then I guess that letting them live would be normal, but if there's a actual member of the Olive family down there, I'm going to grab that eyeglass Moonshadow has and start checking for changelings."

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Fan Knife made a face of disgust, as if she caught a whiff of dung in the room, which was impressive given that she lacked a nose.

"Is it a mercenary, or a family member?"
    the filly replied, sounding rather grumpy, now, "Or some merc who married into it? Because if it's a merc, then I guess that letting them live would be normal, but if there's a actual member of the Olive family down there, I'm going to grab that eyeglass Moonshadow has and start checking for changelings."
    Heh,no wonder Viridia loves you so much. Moonshadow said, teasing. Anyways, I don't like killing ponies if I don't have to. Plus I thought he'd be useful in fighting the robots. Not that he was,
    but he did at least give me a bunch of explosives to blow up a generator.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #340

Given that he was a pony and the critters couldn't be more then six pounds each, it wasn't too hard to walk past them towards the door, though some of the cuties started to cry out when he turned away from them, their high-pitched voices a chorus of ear-pain.
    Well this was a fine pickle. With the cacophony going on, Doc wondered how no one just two rooms over hadn't heard this yet. He turned back to the sea of tiny fuzzy ponies. They demanded names and attention, so Doc figured he ought to sate that appetite.

"Alright, everyone calm down. Y'all want names, so, give me a moment to come up with something. Hmm, okay, everyone form up two lines here on this side." He moved Brighteyes up to his shoulder. Doc pulled out paper and a pencil. He started a cheat-sheet with cutie names and their description/type. "Pay attention cause I don't want to have to repeat names here."

He picked up one and gave it a little hug. "I'll name you Chip." He put the cutie down on the other side and picked up the next one. With a hug he said, "Your name is Dale." He wrote down the names so he wouldn't repeat any. Giving out 50 of them wasn't too hard when he had a system in place. He named a bunch of them after friends he grew up with in Manehatten because their colors reminded him of old friends. One got the name Jackie, after its fur coat being a shade that reminded him of Applejack. He continued to hand out 50 names with 50 hugs.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

"Family member," Stellar confirms. "But he's been slightly useful and doesn't seem hostile. I'm beginning to think that every faction in this city has members we won't like, and if we write off all of them based on those then we're going to be desperately short of allies. Thanatos doesn't seem like a bad Olive."

"Although... He was a little unimpressed by the idea that you came along and might have been collecting biotech data for your sister. Please try not to murder each other."

12. - Top - End - #342

"Stellar's a big fan of monopolization, murder through destitution and for political gain, as long as it's done with nice words." Viridia snarked.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Well this was a fine pickle. With the cacophony going on, Doc wondered how no one just two rooms over hadn't heard this yet. He turned back to the sea of tiny fuzzy ponies. They demanded names and attention, so Doc figured he ought to sate that appetite.

"Alright, everyone calm down. Y'all want names, so, give me a moment to come up with something. Hmm, okay, everyone form up two lines here on this side." He moved Brighteyes up to his shoulder. Doc pulled out paper and a pencil. He started a cheat-sheet with cutie names and their description/type. "Pay attention cause I don't want to have to repeat names here."

He picked up one and gave it a little hug. "I'll name you Chip." He put the cutie down on the other side and picked up the next one. With a hug he said, "Your name is Dale." He wrote down the names so he wouldn't repeat any. Giving out 50 of them wasn't too hard when he had a system in place. He named a bunch of them after friends he grew up with in Manehatten because their colors reminded him of old friends. One got the name Jackie, after its fur coat being a shade that reminded him of Applejack. He continued to hand out 50 names with 50 hugs.
    Brighteyes seemed estatic at being lifted up on Doc's shoulder; while the creature lacked the dextarity to grab on Doc and hold on with it's stumpy hooves, it was able to lay on it's stomach while it's hooves were hanging mostly useless.

Each of the cuties repeated it's name when Doc gave it one; some of the adults were clearly crying in joy, while some of the smaller ones required some butchered repetition from their parents in order for the name to stick, although when it did they reacted by standing up on their hind legs and wiggling around in a sort of dancing motion. Each hug Doc gave out resulted in a 'Luv new daddah.' and a childlike giggle, and by the time he was done he was surrounded by tiny faces looking up at him in adoration. What he was getting right now was probably close to what the alicorn's got when they wandered out in front of their subjects, or something close to it.

Heh,no wonder Viridia loves you so much. Moonshadow said, teasing.
    Fan Knife sniffled.

Anyways, I don't like killing ponies if I don't have to. Plus I thought he'd be useful in fighting the robots. Not that he was, but he did at least give me a bunch of explosives to blow up a generator.
    "Family member," Stellar confirms. "But he's been slightly useful and doesn't seem hostile. I'm beginning to think that every faction in this city has members we won't like, and if we write off all of them based on those then we're going to be desperately short of allies. Thanatos doesn't seem like a bad Olive."
    "If he's here to blow this place up, that's great. But that means they have enough interest in this place that they opted to send one of their own family members instead of more mercenaries. If he's the friendliest Olive on the planet, then he's just a competent tool of a brutal merchant clan. I don't eat anymore, but you guys apparently have as good a reason to not like them as my sister does, probably better. Are you planning to kill him?"

"Although... He was a little unimpressed by the idea that you came along and might have been collecting biotech data for your sister. Please try not to murder each other."
    Fan Knife seemed unconcerned by the accusation.

"If my sister wanted biotech from here, she'd get it from you after you're done here. A antidote, a blood sample, a live rat in the food stores; there's nothing in here that you aren't here to get already. If he's here to exploit this place, then we're already here to destroy it; if there's nothing here of value, then nothing will be lost when it's entirely destroyed. If I want to take anything from here, though, I'm going to."

"Stellar's a big fan of monopolization, murder through destitution and for political gain, as long as it's done with nice words." Viridia snarked.
    Fan Knife looked at Viridia with apparent confusion for a few moments, but then she just shrugged.

"Honestly, that's a Equestrian tradition, so I can't really comment." she replied, "They're also a big criminal syndicate based on blood ties and money-grubbing, which is a little more familiar to me. Let's say every single one dropped dead because a deadly virus broke out in their compound. Have you seen anything that could replace them before thousands of ponies starved? You could shoot Last Stop's parliament and no one would care, or kill every single water merchant and claim the Stable for yourself and rule like a king, or kill off the Guild wizards and do whatever you want after that, but the Olive's don't have that many ponies against them because they sell food for cheap and they're not exploitative; there's no hard evidence that they trade in slaves, and the workers they have can afford to feed themselves off their own labor. In a city with as many ponies as this one, that's a deal you can't find anywhere else."

Fan Knife was quite for a few moments, and then a few moments more.

"So, you know anyone who hates them enough and has money?" she commented, suddenly smiling.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2017-11-02 at 09:37 PM.

14. - Top - End - #344

Brighteyes seemed estatic at being lifted up on Doc's shoulder; while the creature lacked the dextarity to grab on Doc and hold on with it's stumpy hooves, it was able to lay on it's stomach while it's hooves were hanging mostly useless.

Each of the cuties repeated it's name when Doc gave it one; some of the adults were clearly crying in joy, while some of the smaller ones required some butchered repetition from their parents in order for the name to stick, although when it did they reacted by standing up on their hind legs and wiggling around in a sort of dancing motion. Each hug Doc gave out resulted in a 'Luv new daddah.' and a childlike giggle, and by the time he was done he was surrounded by tiny faces looking up at him in adoration. What he was getting right now was probably close to what the alicorn's got when they wandered out in front of their subjects, or something close to it.
    While the adoration is nice and all, all he did was give them names. Well, maybe he rescued them. Who knows. Doc carefully moves ahead and leads the little cuties out of the room. He walks slow, since they have a slower pace than he does. "Everyone stick together. Field trip time. My friends and I were shutting this place down, so y'all probably don't want to get left behind. We should take you someplace you can do some good."

What that is exactly... um... well these critters were made to be intelligent pets and emotional support right? Maybe Stitchheart would be curious in a few to calm her patients? Pet therapy was something he remembered reading in an old medical journal back home. Course, maybe Stitch would want to open one up and see how its genetic code worked for her own weird chimera pets. Hmm, have to discuss that with the others. There was no plan for this, other than Choro wanted them rescued. Well, that step was done. Sorta.

"Choro, Bertly Strata, and Thanatos, y'all still in the office?" Doc calls out as he gets out of the room. Their reactions ought to be priceless. Choro would squeal in delight. The others... probably somewhere between confused curiosity and 'why did you name them?' Well, it was that or get smothered in Lilliputian fuzzballs.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

"If he's here to blow this place up, that's great. But that means they have enough interest in this place that they opted to send one of their own family members instead of more mercenaries. If he's the friendliest Olive on the planet, then he's just a competent tool of a brutal merchant clan. I don't eat anymore, but you guys apparently have as good a reason to not like them as my sister does, probably better. Are you planning to kill him?"
    Considering we can't get Choro to agree to killing the abominations towards pony life and the pony killing robots, I can safely say we aren't planning on killing him. Moonshadow said, shrugging. Besides, like I said, I don't like killing ponies. I won't show him any mercy if he tries anything, but I'm willing to let him walk.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

16. - Top - End - #346

"So, you know anyone who hates them enough and has money?" she commented, suddenly smiling.
    "Yeah, me." Viridia said.

Considering we can't get Choro to agree to killing the abominations towards pony life and the pony killing robots, I can safely say we aren't planning on killing him. Moonshadow said, shrugging. Besides, like I said, I don't like killing ponies. I won't show him any mercy if he tries anything, but I'm willing to let him walk.
    "I mean, I prefer killing to getting stabbed in the back, but that's just me."

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

Everyone stick together. Field trip time. My friends and I were shutting this place down, so y'all probably don't want to get left behind. We should take you someplace you can do some good."
    Doc was met by a flurry of adoring cries, and the group moved along with him at the pace of a slow waddle.

"Choro, Bertly Strata, and Thanatos, y'all still in the office?" Doc calls out as he gets out of the room. Their reactions ought to be priceless. Choro would squeal in delight. The others... probably somewhere between confused curiosity and 'why did you name them?' Well, it was that or get smothered in Lilliputian fuzzballs.
    Thanatos was the first to see Doc and his herd, as he was actually standing in the lab itself; he didn't have a immediate reaction to the herd, although it did appear that his eyes were glazed over, as if his eyes was telling him what he was seeing and his mind wasn't accepting that a herd of childrens toys were marching out of the playroom.

Strata, on the other hand, poked her head out of the office; the ghoul rubbed her eyes for a few moments, remained silent for a few moments, and coughed.

"Alright, I miss the shoggoth." the ghoul eventually settled on saying.

"Eh, you guys are new here. After the first hundred, it starts to blur together; ponies only have so many different color combinations." Fan Knife casually replied, "Anyway, I don't have any investment in if he leave's here alive or not, but if the Olives get five thousand ponies addicted to their food, I'm not the one who opted to let him live. I read a few files upstairs, and I'm pretty sure that there's absolutely nothing in this place that can be trusted to them unless you're absolutely sure about letting him go."

Fan Knife seemed mildly interested in Viridia's first answer.

"What money or favors do you have, though? I mean, I'v snuck into their compound before, but unless you have a plan after you kill them off, you're just killing farmers. They're big enough that they care about politics; do you know anyone with clout that could challenge them if they were alerted about this? "
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2017-11-03 at 09:29 PM.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not suggesting we keep him around. In fact, I kinda insist we don't. Like you said, he's not trustworthy. But if he doesn't backstab us between now and burning the factory down, then he can walk away and hopefully we'll never see him again.

"Eh, you guys are new here. After the first hundred, it starts to blur together; ponies only have so many different color combinations." Fan Knife casually replied, "Anyway, I don't have any investment in if he leave's here alive or not, but if the Olives get five thousand ponies addicted to their food, I'm not the one who opted to let him live. I read a few files upstairs, and I'm pretty sure that there's absolutely nothing in this place that can be trusted to them unless you're absolutely sure about letting him go."
    Destroying those files is next on the agenda, we're just letting Doc and Choro look through them first.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

19. - Top - End - #349

Thanatos was the first to see Doc and his herd, as he was actually standing in the lab itself; he didn't have a immediate reaction to the herd, although it did appear that his eyes were glazed over, as if his eyes was telling him what he was seeing and his mind wasn't accepting that a herd of childrens toys were marching out of the playroom.

Strata, on the other hand, poked her head out of the office; the ghoul rubbed her eyes for a few moments, remained silent for a few moments, and coughed. "Alright, I miss the shoggoth." the ghoul eventually settled on saying.
    Doc looked at his tiny army of cuties and then back at Strata. He shrugged. "I don't. Weird as these critters are, they're the first oddity in this place that hasn't tried to shoot me or eat me on sight. Sides, Choro said she wanted to save these critters, so I just saved her a step."

He picks up a small pink cutie and holds it out to Strata. "This one is named Rose. Want to hold her?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not suggesting we keep him around. In fact, I kinda insist we don't. Like you said, he's not trustworthy. But if he doesn't backstab us between now and burning the factory down, then he can walk away and hopefully we'll never see him again.
    "Let's say he's the best Olive ever; he's still the Olive the family trusted to go here after losing contact with some pretty expensive mercenaries. That means that, at the very least, him being here was approved by both the Olive's business leaders and the Olive's own family council. If you're having Olive trouble, then there's no way he won't mention you all if he get's back to their compound." Fan Knife dryly replied, "Do they know that two are you are cyberponies yet? He probably does by now, right?"

Destroying those files is next on the agenda, we're just letting Doc and Choro look through them first.
    Fan Knife was quiet for a few moments, and glanced at the corpse on the table.

"So, you sent the doctor and the magic user with the unicorn who can't fight with the Olive, while you guys are chatting around and waiting for them to get back here."
    Fan Knife replied, voice flat, "You know, out of a group of six ponies, the three who I wouldn't pick to be alone with a dangerous pony and get a first glance at advanced biotech are currently the ones actually doing that exact same thing. If I didn't know better, you're trying to get them killed."

Doc looked at his tiny army of cuties and then back at Strata. He shrugged. "I don't. Weird as these critters are, they're the first oddity in this place that hasn't tried to shoot me or eat me on sight. Sides, Choro said she wanted to save these critters, so I just saved her a step."

He picks up a small pink cutie and holds it out to Strata. "This one is named Rose. Want to hold her?"
    In Doc's hooves, the cutie was squishy and made a giggling noise when Doc picked it up.

"Yay upsies! Rose luv daddeh." said Rose, the cutie being perfectly calm as it was presented to Strata.

The ghoul took a moment, lips pursed, and looked the roughly potato-sized pink thing in Doc's hooves, horn alight and with a look of repressed enthusiasm on her face.

Rose, however, stilled slowly in Doc's hooves, and continued to look at Strata with slowly growing concern.

"...Munsta?" squeaked the cutie, looking back at Doc with obvious concern and with no-little fright.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

"Let's say he's the best Olive ever; he's still the Olive the family trusted to go here after losing contact with some pretty expensive mercenaries. That means that, at the very least, him being here was approved by both the Olive's business leaders and the Olive's own family council. If you're having Olive trouble, then there's no way he won't mention you all if he get's back to their compound." Fan Knife dryly replied, "Do they know that two are you are cyberponies yet? He probably does by now, right?"

Fan Knife was quiet for a few moments, and glanced at the corpse on the table.

"So, you sent the doctor and the magic user with the unicorn who can't fight with the Olive, while you guys are chatting around and waiting for them to get back here."
    Fan Knife replied, voice flat, "You know, out of a group of six ponies, the three who I wouldn't pick to be alone with a dangerous pony and get a first glance at advanced biotech are currently the ones actually doing that exact same thing. If I didn't know better, you're trying to get them killed."
    I actually don't know if we're still having Olive problems or not. They didn't seem to care about us back in Oakville. And I don't know. It might've been mentioned at some point between me fighting the Overbot and everyone else catching up. But none of that really matters. I can't see Stellar, Doc, or Choro, especially Choro, being willing to kill somepony that wasn't offering them violence first. No matter how evil their family might be.

Moonshadow snorted. Sent nothing, those two insisted. And with how Choro was acting after the last fight it wouldn't surprise me if she was trying to get herself killed.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

22. - Top - End - #352

"...Munsta?" squeaked the cutie, looking back at Doc with obvious concern and with no-little fright.
    "No, she is not a monster. This is Strata," Doc explains to the cutie. "She is a type of pony called a ghoul. Her skin looks like this because radiation magic burned her. However, she is a very nice mare. You don't have to be afraid.

He looks over at Thanatos. "How about you, want to hold one?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

"They're also a big criminal syndicate based on blood ties and money-grubbing, which is a little more familiar to me. Let's say every single one dropped dead because a deadly virus broke out in their compound. Have you seen anything that could replace them before thousands of ponies starved? You could shoot Last Stop's parliament and no one would care, or kill every single water merchant and claim the Stable for yourself and rule like a king, or kill off the Guild wizards and do whatever you want after that, but the Olive's don't have that many ponies against them because they sell food for cheap and they're not exploitative; there's no hard evidence that they trade in slaves, and the workers they have can afford to feed themselves off their own labor. In a city with as many ponies as this one, that's a deal you can't find anywhere else."
    "And this is why nothing is simple," Stellar says, sitting by the table with the cybercorpse on it. "Wiping out all the olives wouldn't make things any better for the citizens of Tauronto. We need to offer a genuine alternative before we can make that sort of judgement. When we eliminated the source of the contagion I had hoped that with this facility we could provide meat for all of Tauronto's meat eaters, but again we aren't in any position to hold it and the tech here can't be allowed into anypony else's hooves. I'm beginning to think we need to destroy the labs at the very least."

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

"No, she is not a monster. This is Strata," Doc explains to the cutie. "She is a type of pony called a ghoul. Her skin looks like this because radiation magic burned her. However, she is a very nice mare. You don't have to be afraid.
    "Ooawh." said Rose, which was followed by a good deal of the other cuties sighing in relief en mass, "Rose wan help! Rose wil help wit hurties."

Strata, eyes narrowed and her lips pursed, hovered the chubby critter in the air with her magic until it was close to her face.

Rose looked at the ghoul, eyes wide and possibly coherent, and prodded the ghoul's leathery chest.

Strata, while still looking conflicted, started to smile slightly, and lowered to cutie into her grasp until she was cradling it.

He looks over at Thanatos. "How about you, want to hold one?"
    Thanatos, after watching Rose and Strata, took a few steps forward until he was close to the herd, and drew his attention to one of the adults closest to him, a skinny one with a orange coat and a eye-searing neon green mane. The stallion raised a hoof that was roughly the size of the cutie's head, looked down at it, and began to scratch it's ears slightly. The cutie, apparently not expecting the sudden contact, immediately melted under the treatment and began to mindlessly kick a back leg at the ground ineffectually, like a dog.

"Interesting. These creatures have instincts for consoling injured ponies."
    he muttered, "Perhaps they could be used in therapy?"

Thanatos continued to scratch at the cutie's ear, which it continued to appreciate. Quite quickly, however, he moved on to scratching another's ear, regardless of it's slightly dirty appearance.

I actually don't know if we're still having Olive problems or not. They didn't seem to care about us back in Oakville. And I don't know. It might've been mentioned at some point between me fighting the Overbot and everyone else catching up. But none of that really matters. I can't see Stellar, Doc, or Choro, especially Choro, being willing to kill somepony that wasn't offering them violence first. No matter how evil their family might be.

"Any that's worked out so far?"
    Fan Knife asked.

Moonshadow snorted. Sent nothing, those two insisted. And with how Choro was acting after the last fight it wouldn't surprise me if she was trying to get herself killed.
    Fan Knife didn't directly reply, instead taking a few more moments to get settled on the metal outcrop she was laying on, until all of her hooves were positioned directly under her in a position that would've looked catlike if it also didn't look so weird.

"And this is why nothing is simple," Stellar says, sitting by the table with the cybercorpse on it. "Wiping out all the olives wouldn't make things any better for the citizens of Tauronto. We need to offer a genuine alternative before we can make that sort of judgement. When we eliminated the source of the contagion I had hoped that with this facility we could provide meat for all of Tauronto's meat eaters, but again we aren't in any position to hold it and the tech here can't be allowed into anypony else's hooves. I'm beginning to think we need to destroy the labs at the very least."
    "I don't have any investment in that, but if you want me to sneak some stuff from here into the Olive's hospice or something, I'm right here." Fan Knife said, "The thing about this place is that the Olives and at least one other group that sent the unicorn knows about this place, and the front defenses were able to be bypassed by you guys. Is there anyone in this city you would trust with control of the robots, or anyone that you can mostly trust? Because the labs can be blown up, but, from what I saw, you could make some decent industry here, even if it's not meat. If you don't blow them up, anyone who knows about this place would try and backtrack towards it just because it has some untouched moving parts with robot workers."
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2017-11-05 at 06:53 PM.

25. - Top - End - #355

"Interesting. These creatures have instincts for consoling injured ponies."
    he muttered, "Perhaps they could be used in therapy?"

Thanatos continued to scratch at the cutie's ear, which it continued to appreciate. Quite quickly, however, he moved on to scratching another's ear, regardless of it's slightly dirty appearance.
    Doc smiled at Strata cradling Rose. He then nodded to Thanatos. "I was pondering a discussion with Dr. Stitchheart if she wanted a few for her patients. Could help some of the injured chill out a bit."

"Did anyone find anything useful in the records or is this a dead end so far?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

Doc smiled at Strata cradling Rose. He then nodded to Thanatos. "I was pondering a discussion with Dr. Stitchheart if she wanted a few for her patients. Could help some of the injured chill out a bit."
    "These creatures are... pure of heart." Thanatos confessed, "Artificially so, but pure regardless. I must question how they are to be moved out of here, however, if you intend on taking them all."

"Did anyone find anything useful in the records or is this a dead end so far?"
    "Dead end?" Strata questioned, raising a eyebrow and looking at Doc while continuing to play with Rose, "Well, we know that these creatures have been stuck down here for ages and haven't been infected by the tainted feed, which means that it isn't exactly contagious. We also know the name of the company that created this place, so tracking down more information about what went on here won't be that hard; they might have a office in this city or a warehouse where they keep more of the feed that will need to be destroyed, or something. But from what I have seen, this place probably wasn't halfway done towards reaching any of it's goals and some of the information might have been removed or altered before the bombs dropped. I mean, at worst, we could just get some of the meat in a sealed container, a few of the cuties, and most of the files and drop them off at Stitchheart for her to root through. The sooner it's not our problem to save Tauronto from it's love of hamburgers, the better."

27. - Top - End - #357

"Well, I suppose I should clarify myself in meaning of 'dead end' to be if we had found any actual documented blueprints on how either the feed or the cuties were made," Doc said, "Of only so that no one need reverse engineer one by the very messy and questionable methods. But I reckon at least what we got is a start. And I agree, if there are other warehouses out there with feed, we got to torch them."

He then glanced down at the sea of fuzballs around himself. "And no, I'm not sure how to get all these cuties out of here. I don't think they'd survive on their own now that we shut down this place. Maybe Choro can come up with an idea. Double level bus or something."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, I suppose I should clarify myself in meaning of 'dead end' to be if we had found any actual documented blueprints on how either the feed or the cuties were made," Doc said, "Of only so that no one need reverse engineer one by the very messy and questionable methods. But I reckon at least what we got is a start. And I agree, if there are other warehouses out there with feed, we got to torch them."
    "Honestly, this place is a big corporate dead end." Strata said, rubbing Rose's head for a few moments, smiling at the giggle that produced, and continuing, "If this place's main concern was with the cuties, then it might not have had any real information about the feed; about half the logs that have mentioned it ended with uncertain conclusions about it, so I'm starting to doubt if the ponies here knew much about it at all. If we get some of the tainted feed and bring some cuties to Stitchheart, I doubt that whatever genetic secrets they have will remain secret for long."

He then glanced down at the sea of fuzballs around himself. "And no, I'm not sure how to get all these cuties out of here. I don't think they'd survive on their own now that we shut down this place. Maybe Choro can come up with an idea. Double level bus or something."
    Thanatos took a moment, stepped away from the cuties, and carefully wiped a hoof on a nearby pile of parchment.

"If I am not correct, the wizard of Oakville can teleport." Thanatos replied carefully, sounding as if he was mentally double-checking every word he said, "Do you happen to know and trust them? Contacting them after arriving there and informing her of the situation might be reasonable way of transporting these creatures out."

29. - Top - End - #359

"It would be good to find a counteract recipe should someone accidentally eat the feed elsewhere. As one of the reports mentioned, a mare worker exploded because she couldn't stop eating it."

Doc gently rubs a few cuties behind the ear. This was pretty therapudic, yeah. "But yeah, I think I know of the wizard of Oakville. In fact, I think her guild knows of this place already. I'm sure they'd be all too happy to wait for us to finish any security remaining so they can poke their noses inside."

"...or maybe they already are here." Doc thinks back to the armored lancer they fought earlier. The one that attempted to kill them. Who else would know the party is here? Besides a couple ponies at the hospital they befriended, the guild knew.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

"It would be good to find a counteract recipe should someone accidentally eat the feed elsewhere. As one of the reports mentioned, a mare worker exploded because she couldn't stop eating it."
    Strata suddenly looked queasy, and Thanatos spoke after a brief pause, possibly to insure that the ghoul wasn't about to vomit near his hooves.

"I have seen no indication in any of the files that anyone here took any measures to study the feed; given that it was a drug of some kind and not a disease, our best option might very well be to drop off a supply of the feed to Stitchheart and allow her to inoculate her patients herself once she has created a cure, as much as I hate to admit it."

Doc gently rubs a few cuties behind the ear. This was pretty therapudic, yeah. "But yeah, I think I know of the wizard of Oakville. In fact, I think her guild knows of this place already. I'm sure they'd be all too happy to wait for us to finish any security remaining so they can poke their noses inside."

"...or maybe they already are here." Doc thinks back to the armored lancer they fought earlier. The one that attempted to kill them. Who else would know the party is here? Besides a couple ponies at the hospital they befriended, the guild knew.
    Thanatos shook his head.

"The Guild is not a united force. It does not matter if they know about this place, but who among them knows about it. They are divided into numerous factions and have a internal structure steeped in obscurity and vagueness; most who are not tied down to the Lodge itself are mostly semi-independent at best. If the Guild knows of this place, I would not be surprised, but what matters at this stage is to secure the cuties."

Thanatos paused, glanced around the room, looked at Strata, who was continuing to massage Rose, and then at Doc.

"I have a plan of sorts; we leave here, leaving the robots to guard the facility, and travel to Oakville, where I will have my family's troops pull out from there. I will take a small amount of the cuties and a copy of the information regarding them, and will assess the Guild situation; in return, I will confirm that the problem here has been handled to my family and that the labs here have been destroyed, and will leave out the details of the artificial intelligence that you have befriended. I know of no other individual other than Stitchheart in this city who can synthesize and distribute a cure, and as such I will leave the remainder to your group. "