Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 450 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post

    "The Guild's pretty good at hiding their numbers, but I'd guess that half of them are directly controlled by their ruling council."
    Fan Knife said coolly, "The Guild funds their training and keeps their labs running, and they also spend money and resources on vanity projects for long-term members. They also have a really well protected home base that even I wouldn't want to try to crack that any of them can just walk in and stay as long as they like; they have security, a big purse, and support specialists. If they were unified, I wouldn't let my sister live here. As for why they'd fight against each other, that's easy; they might just be trying to kill each other. So yeah, who have you met? Starting with individuals and working up towards whoever sent them is in your best interest."
    Nightcore was in Oakville, and she was pretty nice. Gave us pancakes and everything. Doesn't mean she didn't try and kill us I guess, but I'm pretty sure it was she who gave Stellar these environment suits as well.

    Then there was Greendream. I never actually met her, but apparently she tried to strong hoof the team into something and blew herself up.
    Moonshadow said before turning to Madeline. I'm not so sure trivia would work on that well with us. Fan Knife and I are from foreign nations, and I don't think Viridia cares about old Equestria. Why don't you list off all the remaining robots under your control?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

    I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

    Procrastination: MLP



    Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.



  2. - Top - End - #422
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    "Alright, laddie." Bertly said, hovering over in front of Doc, "If we're going to make it out of here through a unorthodox method, we will likely need explosives of some sort. I have a good saw and most of a tank of fuel and the lass has a good horn on 'er head, but what about you?"
    "I have a small bag of tools and enough knowledge to be a good assist," Doc answers. "Between the three of us we can do it."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  3. - Top - End - #423
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Hazuki's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    "I don't care about old Equestria, but I love forty-something Equestria with a saucy streak."

  4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    Stellar smiles and rolls her eyes at Viridia.

    "I might be reasonable at any science categories, but I don't think any of us will have any luck with sports, music or entertainment categories. Well, maybe music. But I'd struggle with war-era pop culture certainly."
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2017-12-04 at 12:32 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dalinale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Nightcore was in Oakville, and she was pretty nice. Gave us pancakes and everything. Doesn't mean she didn't try and kill us I guess, but I'm pretty sure it was she who gave Stellar these environment suits as well.

    Then there was Greendream. I never actually met her, but apparently she tried to strong hoof the team into something and blew herself up.
    Fan Knife silently nodded, and looked at the two other pegasi in the room.

    Moonshadow said before turning to Madeline. I'm not so sure trivia would work on that well with us. Fan Knife and I are from foreign nations, and I don't think Viridia cares about old Equestria. Why don't you list off all the remaining robots under your control?
    "Twelve active Mr. Handy units, eighteen in storage, seven active Securitrons, six in storage, and ten active Protectrons, eight in storage. That h-ha-h-hackckcker had many of the basic Mr. Handy units sent into storage for indefinite maintenance, likely as a act of sabotage. I'll have to check up on them to see if they require anything."


    Madeline was silent for a few moments.

    "Ah, just caught a bug on my voice synthesizers, how embarrassing."

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    "I don't care about old Equestria, but I love forty-something Equestria with a saucy streak."
    Madeline made sound best described as a 'tee-hee'.

    Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    Stellar smiles and rolls her eyes at Viridia.
    Fan Knife continued to glance over a the other pegasi, but now she looked slightly perturbed.

    "I might be reasonable at any science categories, but I don't think any of us will have any luck with sports, music or entertainment categories. Well, maybe music. But I'd struggle with war-era pop culture certainly."
    Madeline hummed before replying.

    "Well, it was just a idea. Well, I suppose we could discuss other things, such as local culture, or the arts. Alternatively, you could tell me about what life is like outside of this facility."

    Fan Knife snickered for several moments before quieting again.

    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "I have a small bag of tools and enough knowledge to be a good assist," Doc answers. "Between the three of us we can do it."
    Bertly paused for a few moments, and then suddenly hovered over towards the cutie pile, picked up one of the smaller fat ones a bit of a ways away from the main group by the scruff, and hovered back over towards Doc, wiggling miserable-looking dwarfed equine in tow.

    "There must be a maintenance door, Doctor! We must locate it and use it to make our escape. We can use the creatures to trigger any traps or defenses in front of us." the robot said.

    Strata seemed mildly upset that Bertly was holding the pinkish cutie in a manner that looked inhumane, while Thanatos seemed to be taking the robot's words by face value. Clover, the cutie in question, looked like she was straining against gravity and seemed to be reacting as most ponies would if they were held roughly by metal pincers by the nape of her neck.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2017-12-12 at 05:50 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #426
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    Bertly paused for a few moments, and then suddenly hovered over towards the cutie pile, picked up one of the smaller fat ones a bit of a ways away from the main group by the scruff, and hovered back over towards Doc, wiggling miserable-looking dwarfed equine in tow.

    "There must be a maintenance door, Doctor! We must locate it and use it to make our escape. We can use the creatures to trigger any traps or defenses in front of us." the robot said.

    Strata seemed mildly upset that Bertly was holding the pinkish cutie in a manner that looked inhumane, while Thanatos seemed to be taking the robot's words by face value. Clover, the cutie in question, looked like she was straining against gravity and seemed to be reacting as most ponies would if they were held roughly by metal pincers by the nape of her neck.
    "Slow down, Bertly. These little critters aren't potatoes you can throw on any 'ol bear trap to disarm them. They got some smarts and feelings to them. And you're holding her wrong. Here." Doc will pick up Clover and set her on Bertly's pincer in a more comfortable way. "There we are. These cuties have an anatomy closer to equine than feline. You gotta support them from below."

    He gently rubs Clover's neck to make her feel at ease.

    "Now, you reckon there's a maintenance door around somewhere, B? Got an idea where we should look first while we're waiting for Choro?"
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2017-12-04 at 09:20 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dalinale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Slow down, Bertly. These little critters aren't potatoes you can throw on any 'ol bear trap to disarm them. They got some smarts and feelings to them. And you're holding her wrong. Here." Doc will pick up Clover and set her on Bertly's pincer in a more comfortable way. "There we are. These cuties have an anatomy closer to equine than feline. You gotta support them from below."

    He gently rubs Clover's neck to make her feel at ease.
    Clover's pudgy face, wet with tears, slowly faded into contentment when Doc started to comfort her. The position the toy-like creature was in, balanced precariously on the robot's thin limb to the point where it was mostly obscured by Clover's fluff, looked rather uncomfortable, but the creature didn't seem to be in the mood to complain. Bertly silently took the advice and was quite still, as normal.

    "Now, you reckon there's a maintenance door around somewhere, B? Got an idea where we should look first while we're waiting for Choro?"
    "Well, if what I read was correct, there is a entrance for robotic assistance between labs A and B, possibly obscured by a illusion, as per the norm. Given that we are in lab B, we should search the hallway leading to the A lab top and bottom."

  8. - Top - End - #428
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    "Well, if what I read was correct, there is a entrance for robotic assistance between labs A and B, possibly obscured by a illusion, as per the norm. Given that we are in lab B, we should search the hallway leading to the A lab top and bottom."
    "Interesting. I wonder why do they disguise it with an illusion?" Doc asks. Well, he wasn't expecting Bertly to know all the answers, so if he didn't then he'd be okay with that one hanging for a while. Doc turns to Thanatos and Strata. "Help look to see if we can find this hidden entrance."

    Doc moves to the hall mentioned and checks the walls for a hidden door.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Per? (1d10)[8] vs 7
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dalinale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Interesting. I wonder why do they disguise it with an illusion?" Doc asks.
    "Basic aesthetics, of course!" Bertly replied, sounding as if it was obvious, "Do you think that Princess Celestia enjoyed having six-foot tall metal pods installed on her marble flooring, or that Dr Tenaculum desired to totally renovate his estate's servant's wing? Of course not! Disguised domestic robot entrances and areas are quite fashionable for those that can afford them, especially in older buildings such as hospitals and libraries that have cultivated atmospheres that would otherwise be spoiled by the presence of advanced automatons."

    Bertly then took a moment to bounce Clover slightly, as if she was a infant. Clover didn't seem to appreciate the gesture.

    Well, he wasn't expecting Bertly to know all the answers, so if he didn't then he'd be okay with that one hanging for a while. Doc turns to Thanatos and Strata. "Help look to see if we can find this hidden entrance."
    Doc got a grunt from Thanatos, who seemed mildly interested in Bertly's conclusions.

    Strata's reaction was more prolonged, as she seemed intent on making sure every single cutie came with her, likely so she didn't accidently loose one in the dark room. This painful process felt longer then it actually did due to the occasional cry of 'Best mummah!' and 'Yay upsies!'.

    Doc moves to the hall mentioned and checks the walls for a hidden door.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Per? [roll0] vs 7
    The hidden door was more like a hidden panel, slightly obscured by a fake potted plant that was covering the 'Maintenance Entrance', which was declared by a small faded sign directly above the very faint square outline on the wall. Despite this, the only thing that resembled a lock seemed rather firmly attached to the wall, being bolted to it.

    After a few moments, Thanatos slowly started to move his grenade launcher towards the general direction of the sealed door as he was looking down the hall in a casual manner.

    [Door can be unlocked through a regular Lockpicking check or by blowing it up.]

  10. - Top - End - #430
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    "Basic aesthetics, of course!" Bertly replied, sounding as if it was obvious, "Do you think that Princess Celestia enjoyed having six-foot tall metal pods installed on her marble flooring, or that Dr Tenaculum desired to totally renovate his estate's servant's wing? Of course not! Disguised domestic robot entrances and areas are quite fashionable for those that can afford them, especially in older buildings such as hospitals and libraries that have cultivated atmospheres that would otherwise be spoiled by the presence of advanced automatons."

    Bertly then took a moment to bounce Clover slightly, as if she was a infant. Clover didn't seem to appreciate the gesture.
    "Hmm, okay I can buy that reasoning. Form over function aesthetics seemed pretty popular back in the hay-day of the pre-bomb era," Doc says. He picks up Clover and gently pets her as he ponders the entrance way discovered.

    "The little growing on you too?" Doc asked Strata. He smiled at the cheers of 'best mummah'. That's pretty cute. He'll help her get the cuties moved so that the large group stays together.


    The hidden door was more like a hidden panel, slightly obscured by a fake potted plant that was covering the 'Maintenance Entrance', which was declared by a small faded sign directly above the very faint square outline on the wall. Despite this, the only thing that resembled a lock seemed rather firmly attached to the wall, being bolted to it.

    After a few moments, Thanatos slowly started to move his grenade launcher towards the general direction of the sealed door as he was looking down the hall in a casual manner.

    [Door can be unlocked through a regular Lockpicking check or by blowing it up.]
    "Thanatos, you any good at picking a lock? Or are you planning to just blow the panel open?" Doc asked him as he shifted cuties around. This was the kind the situation that having ponykinesis magic would be pretty helpful to keep a group of the little critters together. They'd probably enjoy flying around too.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dalinale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Hmm, okay I can buy that reasoning. Form over function aesthetics seemed pretty popular back in the hay-day of the pre-bomb era," Doc says.
    Thanatos snorted, although it seemed to be more in good humor than antagonism.

    "Well, they are built to last! While us robots are merely products for our owners." Bertly continued cheerfully, if a tad forced "It would be a shame if each of Equestria's carefully crafted territories all became similar to one another for the simple purpose of universal function. Otherwise, we'd have skyscrapers in Appleloosa and Normane architecture outside Trottingham!"

    He picks up Clover and gently pets her as he ponders the entrance way discovered.
    Clover seemed to appreciate being taken away from the cold embrace of the unfeeling automation blabbering about architecture immensely.

    "The little growing on you too?" Doc asked Strata. He smiled at the cheers of 'best mummah'. That's pretty cute. He'll help her get the cuties moved so that the large group stays together.
    Herding the cuties wasn't like herding cats; it was a experience more akin to moving a bunch of fat handicapped toddlers without much in the way of bone structure or sentience. Luckily, she had magic and Doc had the goodwill of the group.

    Strata, hovering about two dozen of the creatures in the air so only a few risked getting caught underfoot, gave Doc a odd look.

    "They're cute, but once we're out of here, we should drop them off somewhere safe and let someone else sort it out." she said, quickly and quietly as she gently bounced little Maleficent in the air with her magic, "Because I wouldn't bring anything that reminds me of this place out of here in a thousand years."

    "Thanatos, you any good at picking a lock? Or are you planning to just blow the panel open?" Doc asked him as he shifted cuties around. This was the kind the situation that having ponykinesis magic would be pretty helpful to keep a group of the little critters together. They'd probably enjoy flying around too.
    Thanatos glanced at Doc, and raised a eyebrow.

    "Lockpicking tools come in many forms, including a pump-action grenade launcher." the stallion replied, sounding almost defensive.

  12. - Top - End - #432
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    "Well, they are built to last! While us robots are merely products for our owners." Bertly continued cheerfully, if a tad forced "It would be a shame if each of Equestria's carefully crafted territories all became similar to one another for the simple purpose of universal function. Otherwise, we'd have skyscrapers in Appleloosa and Normane architecture outside Trottingham!"
    "Good point. Gotta have some variety and signature to stand out from the next town over," Doc says, "But I think present company is a bit more than simply product."


    "They're cute, but once we're out of here, we should drop them off somewhere safe and let someone else sort it out." she said, quickly and quietly as she gently bounced little Maleficent in the air with her magic, "Because I wouldn't bring anything that reminds me of this place out of here in a thousand years."
    "That's fair. I don't know how many I could realistically care for at once. They need proper attention like a child would. First though, gotta make sure they're all clean and healthy before we find them good homes. We can make use of one of the labs upstairs after breaking out of this place."


    Thanatos glanced at Doc, and raised a eyebrow.
    "Lockpicking tools come in many forms, including a pump-action grenade launcher." the stallion replied, sounding almost defensive.
    "I can't disagree with that statement, considering how many locks I've simply shot apart." Doc turns to the lab Choro was in. "Yo, Choro! if you hear an explosion, don't panic!" He then herds the cuties to keep a healthy distance. "Alright, everyone, Thanatos is going to break this hatch open and that will make a loud noise. Brace your ears."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dalinale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post

    "That's fair. I don't know how many I could realistically care for at once. They need proper attention like a child would. First though, gotta make sure they're all clean and healthy before we find them good homes. We can make use of one of the labs upstairs after breaking out of this place."
    Strata nodded. "Yeah, we could try and track down some old farm or pet stores to go through, too. Or we could dump them on Stitchheart, if we have to."

    She paused, looked at one of the cuties, and shook her head.

    "
    I can't disagree with that statement, considering how many locks I've simply shot apart." Doc turns to the lab Choro was in. "Yo, Choro! if you hear an explosion, don't panic!" He then herds the cuties to keep a healthy distance. "Alright, everyone, Thanatos is going to break this hatch open and that will make a loud noise. Brace your ears."
    Strata slowly moved out of the hallway, holding a mass of cuties in front of her until she wasn't visible to Doc, and Bertly quickly moved out of the way. Doc saw Thanatos move to slightly to the right, away from the end of the hall, before he fired twice.

    The first caused every single cutie to jump slightly, and the second caused a few to start crying, although these were quickly consoled by each other and by Strata. There was a good deal of smoke and dust, and it was rather hard for Doc to see what was past the now-removed steel wall panel, even with his cybernetic eyes.

    [Asking for a Perception check before he gets a description of the room beyond.]
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2017-12-11 at 12:14 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #434
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    [Asking for a Perception check before he gets a description of the room beyond.]
    Doc steps forward a little closer to Thanatos and peers through the smoking hole in the wall.
    PER (1d10)[10] vs. 7
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    "Life outside of here is what you make of it," Stellar says. "You could spend the rest of your life living in a mud hovel in fear of the next feral ghoul and where the next fission battery is going to come from, or you can make yourself useful to a settlement and do okay in return for power and security, or you can seek out lost treasures of Equestria and find riches or death."

    Spoiler
    Show

    PER (1d10)[8] vs 4
    Guess Stellar didn't hear that explosion!

    Last edited by RCgothic; 2017-12-11 at 02:11 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dalinale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Doc steps forward a little closer to Thanatos and peers through the smoking hole in the wall.
    PER [roll0] vs. 7
    Doc saw nothing for a few moments; then he saw the illuminated figure of a great wide-shouldered thing with gorilla arms and then he, quite suddenly, his world was mostly pain. His eyes didn't boil out of their sockets, but his skin sizzled a little. Energy weapons hurt enough when they involved jibbly bits, but now Doc knew what a cooked head smelled like.

    "Sorry about that!" said the Securitron, it's huge bulk emerging from the relativly small entrance as it leaned down towards Doc slightly, the artificial face on it's screen consisting of a laughing head with closed eyes, "Friendly fire isn't fun, but you could've warned me if you were going to preform some demolitions."


    Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    "Life outside of here is what you make of it," Stellar says. "You could spend the rest of your life living in a mud hovel in fear of the next feral ghoul and where the next fission battery is going to come from, or you can make yourself useful to a settlement and do okay in return for power and security, or you can seek out lost treasures of Equestria and find riches or death."
    "Hmm, when you put it like that, it's almost tempting to stay exactly where I am." Madeline replied jokingly, "But, I'd rather not. I have no interest in riches or power or death at the moment, but security for myself sounds quite fine, as I do intend to live for a few centuries, and riches and power could come naturally if I so choose. I believe I could be qualified to work with computers, perhaps as a sysadmin; do you know if that is feasible?"

  17. - Top - End - #437
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    "Warn you how, ya silly tin can," Doc questions the robot. "We didn't know you were even there."

    He looks to the cuties on his back. "Y'all okay?" Doc makes sure they'll be alright. He pulls up his good and rubs a little burn cream on the pain.

    "Alright, Smiley," he addresses the robot, "We need to pass through and get out in this direction, on account that there's a flood of furry critters out the front door. Are you and to call the... Main computer or whatever you call it to let her know we're delayed?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dalinale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Warn you how, ya silly tin can," Doc questions the robot. "We didn't know you were even there."

    He looks to the cuties on his back. "Y'all okay?" Doc makes sure they'll be alright. He pulls up his good and rubs a little burn cream on the pain.
    The cuties seemed rather terrified, except for the big one that scolded Doc earlier; she just seemed deeply annoyed.

    "Nu daddy be more careful." it said, eyes narrowed as it held several of the cuties close to it's fluff.

    "Alright, Smiley," he addresses the robot, "We need to pass through and get out in this direction, on account that there's a flood of furry critters out the front door. Are you and to call the... Main computer or whatever you call it to let her know we're delayed?"
    "Sorry pal, I'd contact the current overseer, nee database server, but I'm getting a fiendishly weak signal from down here; probably all the lead." the Securitron replied, "And as for the critters, I'd like to ask you a question; what are they, exactly? Because I have no idea what they are. My rodent extermination sensors go off when I see them, but they're also about the size and shape of pony adolescents and infants, and I don't want to be scrapped for blowing up a entire county's worth of special ed kindergartners."
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2017-12-12 at 09:16 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #439
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    "Nu daddy be more careful." it said, eyes narrowed as it held several of the cuties close to it's fluff.
    "Yeah, sorry 'bout that. I thought the robots were all under control. So much for trusting that fancy server to do us a solid." He gently strokes the cutie behind the head. "I'll be more careful though."


    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    "Sorry pal, I'd contact the current overseer, nee database server, but I'm getting a fiendishly weak signal from down here; probably all the lead." the Securitron replied, "And as for the critters, I'd like to ask you a question; what are they, exactly? Because I have no idea what they are."
    "They're called cuties, based on the company data here. You don't want to hurt them, though. That'll be destroying company product, which would probably lead to your termination," Doc explains to the robot. "They're quite friendly though, pretty much like miniature ponies with a child-like intelligence. Anyway, Smiley, my friends and I need to get back to the main server up above. Does this path by you get us out safely?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dalinale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Yeah, sorry 'bout that. I thought the robots were all under control. So much for trusting that fancy server to do us a solid." He gently strokes the cutie behind the head. "I'll be more careful though."
    The cutie was clearly appeased by the head scratch.


    "They're called cuties, based on the company data here. You don't want to hurt them, though. That'll be destroying company product, which would probably lead to your termination," Doc explains to the robot. "They're quite friendly though, pretty much like miniature ponies with a child-like intelligence. Anyway, Smiley, my friends and I need to get back to the main server up above. Does this path by you get us out safely?"
    "Yep, sure would! Of course, the door's pretty loud. You'd have to bolt if you don't want to be noticed by the critters." the Securitron replied, "Good thing they're slow."

  21. - Top - End - #441
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    "Yep, sure would! Of course, the door's pretty loud. You'd have to bolt if you don't want to be noticed by the critters." the Securitron replied, "Good thing they're slow."
    "Thanks for the tip," Doc said, being a little more amicable to the robot.

    He turned his attention over to slim-jim and the ghoul wonder. "I reckon we grab Choro, secure the cuties, and bolt back to Vaughn before anything else in here gets too friendly."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    Where is the storage? I'll go check it out now while we're waiting for Doc to come back. Moonshadow said.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

    I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

    Procrastination: MLP



    Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.



  23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dalinale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Thanks for the tip," Doc said, being a little more amicable to the robot.

    He turned his attention over to slim-jim and the ghoul wonder. "I reckon we grab Choro, secure the cuties, and bolt back to Vaughn before anything else in here gets too friendly."
    Thanatos seemed already intent on moving past Doc and through the door; the Securitron slowly backed up, causing some rubble to get crushed under it's tire, but soon the stallion had ventured past the robot. Bertly hesitated for a moment, and quickly followed suit.

    Strata, hauling her personal cutie horde in the air, seemed more concerned about the immediate safety of the cuties as apposed to Choro's absence, and seemed content to leave fetching her up to Doc, if only implicitly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Where is the storage? I'll go check it out now while we're waiting for Doc to come back. Moonshadow said.
    "The second floor; I believe you passed it by." Madeline replied, "But no, everything there is completely secured."

    "I went through it before I came done here."
    Fan Knife said suddenly, before taking a bite of a greyish peach she was holding, "It's near where the robots exit through the roof here. Nothing amazing, just some slight water damage, but that's what you get when you build a factory inside a old brick building. No signs of any fighting or anything, but..."

    Fan Knife paused, and motioned towards Moonshadow. "Come with me for a few minutes."

  24. - Top - End - #444
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    "Alright, we'll be right behind y'all," Doc said. He trotted over to where Choro was. "Hey, Super C, gotta go, like right now or we'll be up to our eyeballs in jealous cuties! Come on!"

    He'll lead Choro back to the hall and through the hole in the wall toward the 'outside' of the labs. He glanced back to make sure Choro wasn't falling behind, as he wasn't sure how fast she can run.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post

    "The second floor; I believe you passed it by." Madeline replied, "But no, everything there is completely secured."

    "I went through it before I came done here."
    Fan Knife said suddenly, before taking a bite of a greyish peach she was holding, "It's near where the robots exit through the roof here. Nothing amazing, just some slight water damage, but that's what you get when you build a factory inside a old brick building. No signs of any fighting or anything, but..."

    Fan Knife paused, and motioned towards Moonshadow. "Come with me for a few minutes."
    Well I want the robots in there, so I'll head there regardless. Moonshadow said, following Fan Knife out of the room. She glanced back at the server room suspiciously, before turning to Fan Knife. So what's up?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

    I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

    Procrastination: MLP



    Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.



  26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dalinale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Alright, we'll be right behind y'all," Doc said. He trotted over to where Choro was. "Hey, Super C, gotta go, like right now or we'll be up to our eyeballs in jealous cuties! Come on!"

    He'll lead Choro back to the hall and through the hole in the wall toward the 'outside' of the labs. He glanced back to make sure Choro wasn't falling behind, as he wasn't sure how fast she can run.
    The room the Securitron was mostly occupying was more like a metal hole that had a small door at the other end of it. A rather broken Mr. Handy occupied one corner, looking as if it's thrusters conked out one day and fell on a pile of scrap, which it further appeared to be melted into at this point (note: never bath in Robronco-brand magic-infused jet fuel). The only thing separating the group from the horde of cuties outside, it seemed, was a thin pull-down overhead door that seemed to just require a simple button press to open.

    The sound of several hundred cuties attempting to break into the building was audible from where Doc and Choro were standing, but the mob seemed to be quite a way's away.

    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Well I want the robots in there, so I'll head there regardless. Moonshadow said, following Fan Knife out of the room.

    "Well, if you insist."
    Madeline replied, sounding slightly defeated.

    She glanced back at the server room suspiciously, before turning to Fan Knife. So what's up?
    Fan Knife continued to walk down the half-mirrored hallway, paying close attention to the walls for any sensors or cameras, until stopping quite close to the right edge of the hallway, where the glass panels had collapsed at some point of another and quite far from any of Madeline's speakers. She threw her half-eaten peach into the abyss before she spoke.

    "I checked every office on the second floor; there's nothing connecting this place to any major Equestrian government branch; the parent company probably did, but this was one of their secrets, probably."
    she said, "Nothing about any warehouses or other locations, either; the biggest lead is that picture, and the AI's story."

    The filly paused.

    "If I had a hard solution to tracking down whoever's on the picture Madeline printed out, but it involved going to a Reaver, would you object to it?" she asked, sounding like she was choosing her words very carefully, "I'd understand if you want to opt out, but there's only one magical forensic's specialist left in the city that isn't a member of the Guild. We've narrowed down the fact that whoever did this was alive, and the Reaver's are the most reliable third party in the city, because they're not allied with anyone or have a reason to. But if you're uncomfortable with it, I understand."

  27. - Top - End - #447
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    The sound of several hundred cuties attempting to break into the building was audible from where Doc and Choro were standing, but the mob seemed to be quite a way's away.
    Like thousands of tiny hoofsies pawing at the front door? Okay, that's a new image. Doc gets back to the others by the big pull-down door. He hovers his hoof over the button. "Alright everyone get ready to bolt back to Vaughn like your plot's on fire."

    When everyone is together, Doc will hit the button and user everyone out. He'll take the rear of the group.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    Choro's eyes are dim, and the little wizard seems something between downcast and tired. But the little wizard follows Doc's directions, standing ready to... *cough* 'hoof it' on his mark.

  29. - Top - End - #449
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    Choro's eyes are dim, and the little wizard seems something between downcast and tired. But the little wizard follows Doc's directions, standing ready to... *cough* 'hoof it' on his mark.
    "Alright, everyone got their stuff together? Okay--three two one, let's jam!" Doc hits the door button to retract it.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dalinale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

    The mechanical door rose quite slowly, and with a modest amount of noise. By the time it had ceased, the cutie crowd outside seemed to have quieted.

    [Asking for either Stealth to avoid the notice of the cuties (+30 to the roll) or a Agility check (with +3 to the roll) to simply run past them as quickly as possible.]
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2017-12-14 at 09:24 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •