New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

"I..."

It is now clear to Choro that Nightcore's 'test' was linked towards potential Guild membership. That's not something she'd expected: she was more worried that they'd be angry at her for 'falsly claiming to be a wizard' or something silly like that. The little mage is not sure quite what to say to this revelation. She just seems to be vibrating happily, lost in her own little world.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sorry, sorry, not sure what else Choro would say to that. She would stammer and not be sure what to say, so... this seems to work? It's 1:30 AM here, I mostly just want to post.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    He seems good-natured with his comments.
    Just World, who had the same look on his face as Doc spoke, replied with a small raise of his eyebrow.

Doc wipes some crumbs with his hoof and licks them. He glances around. "By all means, if anyone else wants to chime in with a question for mister World here, do so."

"Mister World was my father."
    Just World replied as he took a sip of water.

Stellar seemed distinctly confused if that was meant to be a joke or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    Viridia did a little happy dance in the air before she approached the notebook by the bed. Deciding that it was in prime position to be viewed, she gave it a light tap with her blueblood blade to check for potential traps.
    Nothing happened, except proving that the notebook was made of soft pleather.

If nothing happened, she opened it up for a read-through.
    For the better or worse, this appeared to be a new journal, dating only to the last three months; everything was written in flowery handwriting. The first half appeared to be a text diary, while the second half seemed dedicated to accounting; a quick check back there indicated that the current total sum of the abbey's liquid assets was a modest one thousand and twenty caps, and that it was taking in only very slightly more then what it was spending through the selling of textiles to merchants due to having to feed a total of nine ponies, seven of whom were young adults.

Spoiler
    Show
    April 5, 1205

Spring Celebration. Sermon regarded a appreciation for the cool weather we can enjoy while also appreciating the bounty of the lake. Fifteen sailors in attendance; donations totaled one hundred and seventeen caps and a gold tooth.

April 17

Second sermon regarding the Spring Celebration was held due to influx of salt fish traders. Seven sailors in attendance and two merchant-stallions. Donations totaled fifteen caps.

April 18

Flowers were sent out in the early a.m.

April 19

Lunch with Glorious Dawn; she is studying camel folklore, could not help but gave sympathies. Dinner with Andante.

April 20

Intend to leave for several weeks, need to preform another scavenging run. Prudence will hold weekly sermons in my stead.

May 2

Returned from trip, spoke to Prudence. Minor leak was found and repaired in the roof, total funds raised totaled to one hundred and twenty caps. I returned with three hundred and fifty caps and twenty cans of stewed tomatos.

May 5

Sermon was regarding leadership and trust in the community. Two sailors were in attendance. No donations. Had lunch with Nightcore and Glorious Dawn.

May 7

Spent night with Andante.

May 9

Returned from Andante's.

May 15

No sermon for two weeks due to abbey being closed for internal repairs and upkeeping. Nightly prayer hours are in place instead for members of the flock. Successful, as of this moment.

May 18

Bulk shipment of one hundred and twenty candles came in from Karen & Sons caravan. The special novelty prayer candle for Glorious Dawn with Applejack on it came in as well. Her birthday is in a months time.

August 2

Nightcore came in to ask if I had any books regarding zebra religions; I supplied her two reference books that I believe I actually obtained from Glorious Dawn's library.

August 4

Warm weather allows for more ponies to linger outside, which creates a slightly louder town. Oakville, blessedly, is sedate in it's most vibrant, but now Andante has all of her rooms booked. The warm air is a welcome, but the number of visitors has not changed since the start of spring, nor has donations. Snow intends to throw a festival of sorts to continue the traffic; I believe it will be successful, but not for the abbey.

August 5

Must leave town for two weeks for scavenging expedition, will return by the 16'th. Visited Andante before I left.

August 18

Glorious Dawn's birthday went well. She enjoyed the candle and the dress I got for her as well. Her and Nightcore's romanticism makes me very slightly jealous. Had mixed thoughts when I went with Andante to her house afterwords.

August 25

Sermon was held; I felt as if I phoned it in, despite the crowd of twenty five ponies in attendance and the donation tray being full by the time it was brought up. I believe that I have the flu, which is not optimal and is also unseasonal.

August 26

Prudence visited Amadi, brought back cold and flue medicine.

August 27

I dreamed as if I was eating breakfast in a diner; it was warm and lively. I was served pancakes, and instead of maple syrup, I poured fresh warm blood on them from a nearby plastic bottle. I went outside, and it was bright and sunny and the moon was directly next to the sun. The buildings were wrong and I believe I saw a mare with a crown. She laughed as I tried to stumble outside, and the light blinded me more then any amount of darkness could. When I woke up, it was like I had looked directly into a lightbulb for several minutes. I feared that I was going blind until I

August 28

Last night I believed I spoke to a backwards speaking dwarf in a red room; I later learned that it was Andante trying to wake me up after I fell asleep in a chair. I believe I will not use Amadi's bootleg brand of cough syrup ever again. Will take Glorious Dawn's suggestion at herbal tea.

August 29

Do not continue to feel good. Spent most of the night watching old movies and videos. Cried when I reached the end of the one I got my last birthday.

September 8

Flue has passed, has several extremely unpleasant dreams that I refuse to record. Dinner with Glorious Dawn, Andante, and Nightcore, went to bed with Andante. I believe we fell asleep at six in the morning.

September 10

Held sermon on chastity, held it during five a.m and did not announce it. Entire congregation showed up regardless. I am still somewhat confused but did not press the subject during the communal dinner.

September 14

Spent day with Glorious Dawn and Nightcore. My previous concerns regarding Nightcore having possibly used her talents to venture into my private library without my knowing have been unfounded, to my relief. I am personally unsure as to why I even suspected that something would be awry at this point.

September 15

Had discussion with Andante, we agreed that we should give Glorious Dawn a diet Hindi cookbook covertly.

September 18

Terrible storm came in, allowed ponies shelter in church. Storm lasted all day and night. Electrical power went out, but enough candles were lit to light the main hall. Disabled darkness-producing gems in order to brighten up the abbey.

September 23

Had lunch with Glorious Dawn, presented the cookbook. She accepted it. Mission accomplished. Celebrated with margaritas with Andante and enjoyed the warm summer night outside on the beach. Weather had returned to normal

September 24

Minor incident with a drug addict sleeping outside the abbey; Snow learned of him before I did and I woke up to a bloody mess on the staircase and a commotion outside. Snow cleaned up after herself but two of the children saw it.

September 30

It was her birthday today, I spent the day in bed. Cried, took sleep medicine, could not fall asleep. Prudence preformed the sermon, it was about forgiveness.

October 1

It's holy month, and as such everything must look proper for any possible arrivals. The entire abbey will be well lit and the candles obtained from the Guild's craft workshop will be put into use. The organ has been fixed as well. Went to be with Andante yesterday.

October 5

Preformed special sermon regarding Luna. Half of Oakville was in attendance, two hundred and thirty caps were raised. Felt better than I had in ages.

October 7

Andante has confirmed that the coffin has been obtained from a discrete purveyor of goods.

October 12

Prudence cried over her eldest after breaking a dish, had to console her. Had lunch with Glorious Dawn and Nightcore.

October 18

A strange and long day; a young mare named Viridia Dawn and her party arrived into town, bringing a small group of companions. She is possibly the first pony to ask for consoling from me in years. I believe I did a poor job, and at one point she reminded me of her. She and her companions killed Snow later that day, and I am unsure as to what the future holds. Those sun-worshipers have lost their grip on Oakville, now, but I am uncertain if any pony from this town can fill the Snow-shaped hole in the local leadership except for Nightcore, who would fill the spot robustly, or Andante, who is the greatest economic driver in the town sans the port. I am unsure who is more suited, I will pray on it throughout the night. Leaning towards Nightcore, although I would believe it would be in poor taste for intruding eyes to have someone in what amounts to a small village being the only one not appearing to be living a substance lifestyle.

In addition, I spoke with Andante, the package has arrived and it is marvelous. It is fit for a queen, as I believe it could serve.

October 19

Snow rose from the dead last night and attempted to control Oakville through the use of mind control; I was alerted of this through my pendent and was late to the sight of Viridia Dawn standing over her. I will attempt to study the remains and see what occurred. Spent the night with Andante, need to speak with Glorious Dawn.

October 20

There was a massive attack by pirates; ponies are dead, many critically wounded, and I am ashamed to say I did nothing but to stay in Andante's dwellings. I believed I could have helped, if the pirates had not attacked during the day. I am still uncertain as to what I was to do; should I have risked injury, or forced Prudence and Temperance to take up arms for me? They came to me as repentant raiders and they swore that they did not want to enact harm against anyone else again. I believe I will venture to my old territory and attempt to gather all that remains there this winter. These recent events have convinced me that greater changes than what I would desire in my heart of hearts can be accomplished in the span of a weekend, let alone several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    "I..."

It is now clear to Choro that Nightcore's 'test' was linked towards potential Guild membership. That's not something she'd expected: she was more worried that they'd be angry at her for 'falsly claiming to be a wizard' or something silly like that. The little mage is not sure quite what to say to this revelation. She just seems to be vibrating happily, lost in her own little world.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sorry, sorry, not sure what else Choro would say to that. She would stammer and not be sure what to say, so... this seems to work? It's 1:30 AM here, I mostly just want to post.
    Nightcore's smile turned towards mildly concerned and then back to a smile when it became clear that Choro wasn't suffering from some sort of palsy. Glorious Dawn seemed to be considering if Choro wanted more pie, while Stellar was, in fact, grabbing more pie.

Just World, however, turned his attention towards her. His glasses reflected the light, to the point where his eyes were obscured.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-04-18 at 08:44 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Spamalot in the Playground

Doc turned to look at Choro and he now raised his eyebrows. "C, you alright? You look like you're gonna burst into song."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Colossus in the Playground

Well, that's boring. And weird. I wish I had a camera or something, would come in handy right about now. Plus, y'know...nudes. What do you think? About the diary and this room and stuff. I'd check the chests, but if I were a moon priestess those are definitely the things I'd trap. Viridia thought, as she closed the notebook in its proper configuration and took a closer look at the knicknacks and pictures sitting atop the bookshelves.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ogre in the Playground

Doc turned to look at Choro and he now raised his eyebrows. "C, you alright? You look like you're gonna burst into song."
    Amadi made a sound that sounded suspiciously like 'Oh god, no pony songs, no.', but it was sort of hard to make out.

Well, that's boring. And weird. I wish I had a camera or something, would come in handy right about now. Plus, y'know...nudes. What do you think? About the diary and this room and stuff. I'd check the chests, but if I were a moon priestess those are definitely the things I'd trap.
    If this is Shade's room, well... it's sort of what you'd expect from someone running a place like this, a mix of austerity and little luxuries, but there's nothing obviously horrible. The diary is sort of concerning, because if that's really her thoughts collected over the past three months, she either has a sad, boring life and you really made her day when you showed up, or she has other records around. Seriously, even if she's going off on two-week trips, there's no ways she spends the rest of her time watching movies and eating ice cream. No, she obviously reads, goes on scavenging runs, and collects magical items, none of which are really touched on in that diary, so she might keep those records in another location; if this place has pre-war origins, then there might be a record room somewhere on the lower floors, actually. Frankly, unless someone's pretty fat, there's no real defenses keeping anyone from just walking up here besides the occasional creaky floorboard, so she might not even consider this place particularly secure.

As for the chests, they don't look trapped, put poking them could do the trick.

Viridia thought, as she closed the notebook in its proper configuration and took a closer look at the knicknacks and pictures sitting atop the bookshelves.
    Shade had a small collection of snowglobes, most with little faded blurbs in them; 'Welcome of Whinnypeg', 'Vanhoover thanks you!', 'Visit Hailfax again!' and a dozen other little cloudy orbs of glass and vague cityscapes dotted both low bookshelves. There were also some more exotic offerings; a tiny glass terrarium portrayed a small beach with tiny plastic ponies stuck in a thin layer of sand near a bright blue fake sea, a similarly tiny ceramic haunted house with ghosts looking out of every window, cats and vultures hanging out on the roof, and pumpkins lining the whole cartoonishly ghoulish structure, all in vivid purples and blacks and greens, and a small raggedy doll with button eyes, stringy hair, and long legs that were striped orange and black that appeared as if it had been at the forefront of a nuclear blast. Moore strangely, there was a small white and blue button that said 'Stable 246' pinned precariously to the doll with a pin that could've been sufficient to use as a weapon.

As for photos, there were only a few, and all but one looked faded. The one that looked the most recent had Shade and Andante in front of what was likely the inn in it's early stages, tainted sepia. Andante's face was gaunter than it was now, but she looked absolutely ecstatic. Shade, meanwhile, had a giant pair of light-tinted glasses on, but otherwise looked mostly the same she did today. A small mark in the bottom said 'March 1195', which was likely the date. The second most recent looking one was much stranger, appearing to be what was possibly a picture of a very woody, tree filled area, although there some odd warps and what was possibly bubbling around the edges and it wasn't really clear what it was showing, even regarding the wide camera angle that was apparently used.

As for the others, some were faded to the point of being unrecognizable and were smaller than the other two, but there were five others in total. One was what appeared to be a photo of a large group of ponies, likely forty in total, taken on a raised bench of sorts; the ponies on the top row, perhaps seven in total, were wearing large black robes, while the rest seemed to be in conservative, sack-like garb that mostly obscured their bodies sans their hooves and head. Most seemed extraordinarily happy, everyone giving bright teeth-showing smiles even the younger individuals at the very bottom. Shade was wasn't present in the picture. Another directly next to it was Shade, here about half the age of what she was now, standing next to a big cow-looking thing with tiny horns wearing a giant headdress made of giant feathers; she seemed thrilled to be there, and the big cow thing was smoking a gigantic pipe that was responsible for the obscuring wisps of smoke in the photo, but also seemed mostly pleased by whatever was going on as well.

The other three were practically tiny and were the most faded, but they all appeared to be close ups of Shade; one appeared to be of her taken around the time of the buffalo picture, although she looked far more ragged, sitting next to a equally worn-looking but happy Andante, both wearing outfits suitable for a night at a moderately formal venue. The next one was a photo of Shade standing next to a rather large, rough earth pony stallion with a dark coat and a light mane with dark stripes; Shade looked like she could probably use his foreleg as a seat if he held it out. Both were smiling at the camera. The last was just a wide eyed filly in a small dress posed with a small black cat; going by the creepy, wide-eyed look of innocence, it was probably Shade, although the faded nature of photo sort of obscured any other details.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-04-19 at 05:48 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Choro glances towards Doc, looking enthused by his suggestion. The prospect of being invited to join a group of fellow wizards is beyond exciting, and she does enjoy using her magic to celebrate in moments like this. One look at Just World however, and the little mare seems to deflate. A wizard is a figure of knowledge and responsibility: she has to be serious and professional. Just throwing out an illusion to celebrate would be foalish and unbecoming.

As such she coughs, shaking her head apologetically to the good doctor. "No. No, I'm fine. Sorry." Glancing around, Choro quickly secretes a slice of pie with her magic, levitating it gently away from the ravenous Stellar. Smiling, she tips her hat to Glorious Dawn. "Thank you for the food, Ms. Dawn! I haven't had a meal this good since I left the Stable."

7. - Top - End - #1087

"Indeed, that meal was divinity incarnate," Doc adds. He gently pushes his plate away, feeling full. "Would it be too much trouble to take a few leftovers for our companions who aren't here?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #1088

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    If this is Shade's room, well... it's sort of what you'd expect from someone running a place like this, a mix of austerity and little luxuries, but there's nothing obviously horrible. The diary is sort of concerning, because if that's really her thoughts collected over the past three months, she either has a sad, boring life and you really made her day when you showed up, or she has other records around. Seriously, even if she's going off on two-week trips, there's no ways she spends the rest of her time watching movies and eating ice cream. No, she obviously reads, goes on scavenging runs, and collects magical items, none of which are really touched on in that diary, so she might keep those records in another location; if this place has pre-war origins, then there might be a record room somewhere on the lower floors, actually. Frankly, unless someone's pretty fat, there's no real defenses keeping anyone from just walking up here besides the occasional creaky floorboard, so she might not even consider this place particularly secure.

As for the chests, they don't look trapped, put poking them could do the trick.
    That's a good point, about feeling secure. Not sure where the actually secure rooms are, or how to get to them, or...where Shade is, actually? Like, she might be with Andante somewhere still? Or here? I don't know. But I know Prudence and friends are here, and I'm not exactly the stealthiest. Maybe I should just put on Andante's hoody and say I'm here for a booty call.

Viridia flew up to the stained glass ceiling and decided to rap softly on a few parts of it, just to check for any secrets that might be hiding up there.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    Choro glances towards Doc, looking enthused by his suggestion. The prospect of being invited to join a group of fellow wizards is beyond exciting, and she does enjoy using her magic to celebrate in moments like this. One look at Just World however, and the little mare seems to deflate. A wizard is a figure of knowledge and responsibility: she has to be serious and professional. Just throwing out an illusion to celebrate would be foalish and unbecoming.

As such she coughs, shaking her head apologetically to the good doctor. "No. No, I'm fine. Sorry." Glancing around, Choro quickly secretes a slice of pie with her magic, levitating it gently away from the ravenous Stellar. Smiling, she tips her hat to Glorious Dawn. "Thank you for the food, Ms. Dawn! I haven't had a meal this good since I left the Stable."
    Glorious Dawn smiled back, seemingly happy at the complement.

"Indeed, that meal was divinity incarnate," Doc adds. He gently pushes his plate away, feeling full. "Would it be too much trouble to take a few leftovers for our companions who aren't here?"
    After Doc spoke, Glorious Dawn nodded, and silently left the table and headed towards the kitchens. After she left, Stellar stretched her wings and stepped out of the room, heading towards the library. Nightcore glanced at Just World, who at the moment seemed to be mildly concerned about Amadi's consciousness, and then she glanced at Doc.

"Hey, uh, do you want to grab Mirror while we're working with Choro?" she asked, "I mean, she's decent at magic, right? It couldn't hurt to try."

That's a good point, about feeling secure. Not sure where the actually secure rooms are, or how to get to them, or...where Shade is, actually? Like, she might be with Andante somewhere still? Or here? I don't know.
    She should probably still be at the hospital, doing evil priest things, like talking to sick, sad wastelanders.

But I know Prudence and friends are here, and I'm not exactly the stealthiest. Maybe I should just put on Andante's hoody and say I'm here for a booty call.
    Well, it's windy outside, and this place is huge. I'd bet if you just try to avoid where there sleep or live, you could manuver around the place easily enough. If push comes to shove, you could fly around in the chapel and hide out there if they come to investigate.

Viridia flew up to the stained glass ceiling and decided to rap softly on a few parts of it, just to check for any secrets that might be hiding up there.
    Close up, it was actually easier to see what it was meant to be; it appeared to be a semi-realistic depiction of the moon, mostly made up of grey-tinted glass with darker and lighter panels mixed in. The semi-realistic part was relevant because the moon likely did not have a giant jade-colored cat eye in the middle of it that looked down on Equestria malevolently. As for threats and secrets, the only one that Viridia could see was that there was some electrical wiring half-hidden on the walls, due to being painted black, which likely indicated that this place had a generator somewhere.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-04-19 at 05:31 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1090

Viridia decided to follow the wiring.

11. - Top - End - #1091

"Hey, uh, do you want to grab Mirror while we're working with Choro?" she asked, "I mean, she's decent at magic, right? It couldn't hurt to try."
    Doc flicked his ears, the idea not one he considered as she's been in town the entire time and... well it is possible she spent it all introverted in her room. Hmm. "Sure, I'll go see if she wants to join up. Probably tired of getting interviewed by Strata."

He excuses himself from the table and goes back to the inn to find Mirror.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ogre in the Playground

Viridia decided to follow the wiring.
    The wiring led to a small, crudely drilled hole directly above the door; given the lack of any apparent source of electricity, it was probable that it would've snaked all the way downstairs. She would've remembered that there was no apparent light sources in the near-crawlspace area she had came through, so it was likely that this was relatively recent.

(Any other details would require a successful Mechanic's check.)

He excuses himself from the table and goes back to the inn to find Mirror.
    After a quick march through the snow; Doc found that the lobby of the inn was empty. Rather, he found what he was looking for in the open room to the right.

Abbas was laying on his stomach, and was sitting very still; Mirror and Strata were sitting in front of him, also on the floor. Meanwhile, several dozen colorful pony-shaped furballs were running around and playing in the sparsely decorated room, while Seaweed was curled up in a ball on the bed, snoozing while being in the center of a pile of said cuties, who were also sleeping.

Strata seemed to be talking cheerful to Abbas; Abbas's eyes were wide and the stallion looked amazingly weirded out, possibly because three cuties were currently playing tag on his back and one foal had climbed up his mane and was currently napping on his forehead. Meanwhile, Mirror looked calm, although she gently lifted the stray cutie who strayed near her a few inches away whenever they strayed near her.

All the awake ponies in the room looked at Doc when he entered; Strata and Mirror turned their heads and smiled, while Abbas had a eye on him and he looked at Doc like he was a answer to something.

13. - Top - End - #1093

All the awake ponies in the room looked at Doc when he entered; Strata and Mirror turned their heads and smiled, while Abbas had a eye on him and he looked at Doc like he was a answer to something.
    "Hey, our meeting is over. Mirror, Nightcore wanted to give Choro a magic test from her guild and she wanted to know if you'd like to participate as well?" Doc asked.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hey, our meeting is over. Mirror, Nightcore wanted to give Choro a magic test from her guild and she wanted to know if you'd like to participate as well?" Doc asked.
    Mirror blinked.

"I would like to know what it is before I do it." she said, shrugging slightly and standing up, sounding cautious but interested as she headed for the door.

"Uh, is there food?" Strata asked, gently lifting the pink cutie that she was holding between her front hooves and moving it a few feet away, causing it to giggle, "I'll watch it for food, the test. I don't think I have eaten anything since I woke up."

Abbas, apparently mortified by being surrounded by small colorful creatures with lives dedicated to hugs and love, looked briefly away from Doc and glanced at the cuties on the floor; it was clear that making any sudden movements would probably spell doom for at least a few of the cuties. Strata seemed to notice the horse's situation, and she picked off the ones doing a conga line on his back and plopped them down near the pile surrounding Seaweed, which elicited some high-pitched noises that quickly quieted down. Abbas rose carefully after giving the ghoul a thankful nod, and headed for the lobby with haste, stepping around patches of cutie congregations like the floor was lava.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-04-21 at 09:18 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1095

"Yes, there is still plenty of food there. So even if the test isn't interesting, there is plenty to eat," Doc says. "We will return with our answer, Abbas."

He'll lead the unicorns back to Nightcore and holds the door for them.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, there is still plenty of food there. So even if the test isn't interesting, there is plenty to eat," Doc says. "We will return with our answer, Abbas."
    Abbas, who seemed to be intent on seperating himself from the cuties, nodded once.

"I am not in a rush, take your time." the stallion replied; he settled down on the small starchy couch present on the right side of the room, obviously not particularly comforted in doing so but also far more comfortable than he was a few moments ago. He also nodded towards Strata, who replied with a quick nod as well.

He'll lead the unicorns back to Nightcore and holds the door for them.
    As the trio marched through the snows, they passed the griffons, who were currently in the middle of a deal in which a member of Oakville's populace was offering some smoked lampreys on sticks to them and was getting handfuls of caps in return. None of them stopped the trio on their way to the library.

Strata blinked when she entered the library, and then her eyes went wide as she looked up at the glittering golden alicorn. Mirror seemed to pay more attention to the fact that Stellar was flying around, and the smell of grilled fish, and advanced towards the dining room, although she stopped before she was all the way there to look at a coffee table book that appeared to dedicated to pretty pictures of the city's former bright skyline. Stellar was up in the second floor, apparently going through some very hard to reach shelves; when she looked down and saw Doc and Stellar, she frowned and quickly descended.

"Doc, we don't know if they like ghouls or tribals or not, do we? We don't know what the Guild's stance on ghouls or ponies like Mirror are, unless you asked specifically." she said, not really whispering.

"Uh," Strata said, suddenly sounding aware of her own mortality, "if they don't..."

Stellar quickly shook her head. "The two who live in this house are good people, actually, they're really nice, but the guy who they brought in is sketchy. His name's Just World, and he's part of their faction's internal security operations, or something like that."

Strata made a face. "Ew, three letter agencies survived?"

Stellar blinked, looking briefly confused, and then nodded while still looking slightly confused at Strata's question. Strata's face became more disgusted.

Meanwhile, Mirror stared at the pow-wow occurring away from her, and she cheerfully waved at Doc to get his attention.

17. - Top - End - #1097

"Doc, we don't know if they like ghouls or tribals or not, do we? We don't know what the Guild's stance on ghouls or ponies like Mirror are, unless you asked specifically." she said, not really whispering.
    Doc keeps his own voice down, more because this place is like a library and voices generally are kept down in them. Or so he grew up being told such. "Well, it's Nightcore and Dawn's house, so if they're giving the invite, then it's JW's problem if he doesn't like them. If we shouldn't let our two friends in, then I don't want to be here either. Wouldn't be fair, you know?"

Meanwhile, Mirror stared at the pow-wow occurring away from her, and she cheerfully waved at Doc to get his attention.
    "Just play it cool," Doc advises Stellar with a positive tone. He then trots over to Mirror. "What's up?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Titan in the Playground

Moonshadow had been eating silently, and let out a satisfied sigh when she had finished eating. Thanks for the food Glorious Dawn, she said, smiling over at the mare.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Ogre in the Playground

Doc keeps his own voice down, more because this place is like a library and voices generally are kept down in them. Or so he grew up being told such. "Well, it's Nightcore and Dawn's house, so if they're giving the invite, then it's JW's problem if he doesn't like them. If we shouldn't let our two friends in, then I don't want to be here either. Wouldn't be fair, you know?"
    Stellar still seemed concerned, and nodded.

"You're right, if they had any issues with ghouls, the ghoul who runs the junk shop wouldn't be in town, soo..."

She then turned back to Strata, "don't worry, you'll like Nightcore and Glorious Dawn, I'm positive."

Strata smiled awkwardly, as if she was in very slight amount of pain.

"Just play it cool," Doc advises Stellar with a positive tone. He then trots over to Mirror. "What's up?"
    Mirror held up a thick manila folder with 'Economic and Political Assessment of the Golden Horseshoe Region and It's Territories' printed on it in small, fine letters, accented with two stamps; one was a large six-pointed purple star, while the other was a more complex twelve-pointed star with grey, black, and red points overlapping one another encircled in a yellow ring decorated with small yellow and green flowers. It looked rather recently made.

"This is neat!" she said cheerfully, "I did not know that ponies still made books. This is about this place, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Moonshadow had been eating silently, and let out a satisfied sigh when she had finished eating. Thanks for the food Glorious Dawn, she said, smiling over at the mare.
    Glorious Dawn, after bringing back a plate full of plastic containers, smiled back.

"Thank you, very much! I'm glad my food can compete with what they must have in the Enclave. I had to learn how to cook myself, and I'm still learning, but I think it's just far healthier then relying on rations and other preserved food and is worth the time and effort." she replied.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-04-23 at 10:14 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1100

"This is neat!" she said cheerfully, "I did not know that ponies still made books. This is about this place, right?"
    "Well we do still make books in limited capacity," Doc answers. He reads the title twice. Someone needed a better editor. "I think that's for this region, though I'd ask Nightcore to be sure."

He looks around to see where NC is at.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well we do still make books in limited capacity," Doc answers. He reads the title twice. Someone needed a better editor. "I think that's for this region, though I'd ask Nightcore to be sure."
    Mirror nodded twice. "If I could read it, I would think it could help. I have not seen a map of this kingdom that is recent."

He looks around to see where NC is at.[/QUOTE]

Nightcore appeared to still be in the dining room, apparently talking with Amadi about something; the zebra stallion looked annoyed, while Just World was still seated and was drinking his water.

22. - Top - End - #1102

Mirror nodded twice. "If I could read it, I would think it could help. I have not seen a map of this kingdom that is recent."

Nightcore appeared to still be in the dining room, apparently talking with Amadi about something; the zebra stallion looked annoyed, while Just World was still seated and was drinking his water.
    Hmm, probably best to avoid JW for now. Or like, forever. Doc looks down at the book. "Well, let's see if there is a map in here. The only maps I've seen are from caravans back home in Manehattan. Would be nice to get a good lay of the land in these parts."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Titan in the Playground

Glorious Dawn, after bringing back a plate full of plastic containers, smiled back.

"Thank you, very much! I'm glad my food can compete with what they must have in the Enclave. I had to learn how to cook myself, and I'm still learning, but I think it's just far healthier then relying on rations and other preserved food and is worth the time and effort." she replied.
    Well it shows! This is downright the best meal I've had since I've had in such a long time. Moonshadow said. Do you need any help with cleaning up?
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

24. - Top - End - #1104

The wiring led to a small, crudely drilled hole directly above the door; given the lack of any apparent source of electricity, it was probable that it would've snaked all the way downstairs. She would've remembered that there was no apparent light sources in the near-crawlspace area she had came through, so it was likely that this was relatively recent.

(Any other details would require a successful Mechanic's check.)
    Viridia decided to follow the stairs, and whatever else, downwards, in search of a way to the room with the stuff.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, probably best to avoid JW for now. Or like, forever. Doc looks down at the book. "Well, let's see if there is a map in here. The only maps I've seen are from caravans back home in Manehattan. Would be nice to get a good lay of the land in these parts."
    Strata and Mirror briefly had the same look on their faces, but Strata's seemed more amused.

"What'd you pass through to get up here from Manehattan?" she asked, "Anyplace interesting?"

Well it shows! This is downright the best meal I've had since I've had in such a long time. Moonshadow said. Do you need any help with cleaning up?
    Glorious Dawn, still smiling, shook her head.

"Oh, no, but thank you." she said, "Actually, I only have one request, while you are here; I bought something very odd at a auction several weeks ago, and the seller said that he obtained it from a crashed Grand Pegasus Enclave vehicle in the south. I only bought it because it was strange and no one else had any interest in it; if you could tell me if it has any real value or purpose, that would be lovely."

Viridia decided to follow the stairs, and whatever else, downwards, in search of a way to the room with the stuff.
    The the spiral staircase spiraled downwards it tapered off into a wider, longer set of stairs; at the end, Viridia then found herself on a balcony with nothing separating her from vast space of darkness other than a small waste-high wooden barrier. There was about three feet separating her head from the grey-stained ceiling, and the air smelled like heavy incense. It was clear that she was in the massive central chamber of the abbey, likely directly above the great mural that dominated it, and it was utterly silent and there was not a single speck of light. There were two open doors just a few feet away from her on each side; to her left, there was one that was the start of a descending staircase, while to her right was the start of path that appeared to lead further around the edges of the chamber. Looking down revealed that she really couldn't see in the dark.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-04-28 at 07:11 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1106

"What'd you pass through to get up here from Manehattan?" she asked, "Anyplace interesting?"
    "Just a few settlements here and there. The caravan I traveled with had a pretty plain map. Just routes to places for good trading. I guess some of the bigger settlements might have interesting folk living there, but I was looking for sites I could scrounge up some caps for my life goals." Doc scratches his head a little. "But those are traders. I'd imagine a guild of spellcasters would have different kinds of maps."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Titan in the Playground

Glorious Dawn, still smiling, shook her head.

"Oh, no, but thank you." she said, "Actually, I only have one request, while you are here; I bought something very odd at a auction several weeks ago, and the seller said that he obtained it from a crashed Grand Pegasus Enclave vehicle in the south. I only bought it because it was strange and no one else had any interest in it; if you could tell me if it has any real value or purpose, that would be lovely."
    I'd be happy to. Though do you know how old the vehicle was?
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2018-04-25 at 05:40 AM.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Ogre in the Playground

"Just a few settlements here and there. The caravan I traveled with had a pretty plain map. Just routes to places for good trading. I guess some of the bigger settlements might have interesting folk living there, but I was looking for sites I could scrounge up some caps for my life goals." Doc scratches his head a little. "But those are traders. I'd imagine a guild of spellcasters would have different kinds of maps."
    Strata glanced at the title again, and raised a eyebrow.

"So, did you just actually wander up here from Manehattan without a good map? That's, uh, a walk."

"That's what I did." Mirror said, sounding surprised at Strata's confusion, which further confused Strata, "It was not hard and did not take a lot of time. I did not have to speak to many ponies to get here. They sounded funny but I kept giving them coin, and they allowed me to travel with them. I kept doing that until I got here."

Strata looked mildly alarmed by Mirror's story, and shook her head slowly and turned to Doc.

"Alright, you two can pour over the wonders of the local salvage economy, I'm going to track down a bathroom and then make sure they aren't making Choro sign her life away, like making her get a student loan or something. Uh," she paused, and produced a small notebook from under her arm and handed it to Mirror, who took it while looking confused,"here you go, don't miss the interesting tidbits, it'll be on the test."

Strata then hobbled down the hallway adjacent to the kitchens, apparently trying to avoid being seen by the chatting unicorns and appearing to succeed. Stellar then gently descended next to Doc, glancing at the folder with moderate interest.

"If the Guild had a economic's wizard, that would explain a lot." she said jokingly; her ears fell slightly when she noticed that her attempt at humor just made Mirror look confused. She then shook her head, and glanced at the file again. "Let's see what the Guild has to say about my hometown, because Bolton's never been visited by the Guild and it shouldn't be fleshed out unless they're actively gathering information."

I'd be happy to. Though do you know how old the vehicle was?
    Glorious Dawn sipped on a glass of water as she considered the question.

"From his words, he claimed that it appeared to have been felled within the last fifty years, as it appeared to have landed on a farm that once raised brahmin and several of their skeletons were found in the scene of the crash." she replied, "He said it that it was a mid-sized military transport vessel; the seller was a griffon, so I believe he can be trusted to make that sort of distinction. He also said that the region was prone to radiation storms, but the interior of the ship was still hermetically sealed."
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-04-26 at 05:20 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1109

"Alright, you two can pour over the wonders of the local salvage economy, I'm going to track down a bathroom and then make sure they aren't making Choro sign her life away, like making her get a student loan or something. Uh," she paused, and produced a small notebook from under her arm and handed it to Mirror, who took it while looking confused,"here you go, don't miss the interesting tidbits, it'll be on the test."

Strata then hobbled down the hallway adjacent to the kitchens, apparently trying to avoid being seen by the chatting unicorns and appearing to succeed. Stellar then gently descended next to Doc, glancing at the folder with moderate interest.

"If the Guild had a economic's wizard, that would explain a lot." she said jokingly; her ears fell slightly when she noticed that her attempt at humor just made Mirror look confused. She then shook her head, and glanced at the file again. "Let's see what the Guild has to say about my hometown, because Bolton's never been visited by the Guild and it shouldn't be fleshed out unless they're actively gathering information."
    Doc had nodded in agreement with Mirror about walking here. He didn't have a good map, but the caravan he hooked up with seemed to have a good enough map top get him this far. Doc looks at the notebook Strata passed along with mild interest, but Stellar's bit of humor and request interrupts the question that formed in his mind about it. He smiles at the joke at least.

"Alright, Bolton then." Doc will open the book and look through the table of contents (if any) to find Bolton and turn to that page.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Titan in the Playground

Glorious Dawn sipped on a glass of water as she considered the question.

"From his words, he claimed that it appeared to have been felled within the last fifty years, as it appeared to have landed on a farm that once raised brahmin and several of their skeletons were found in the scene of the crash." she replied, "He said it that it was a mid-sized military transport vessel; the seller was a griffon, so I believe he can be trusted to make that sort of distinction. He also said that the region was prone to radiation storms, but the interior of the ship was still hermetically sealed."
    The last 50 years or so, huh? Well it should be an older model, but I might be familiar with it. Moonshadow shrugged, trying to remember if she had heard anything about it from the Enclave's old news.

Spoiler: Intelligence
    Show
    Basically trying to see if Moonshadow ever read a report on the fallen vessel or heard a story about it or something.

(1d10)[8] vs 6
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show