New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: Defiance in Phlan, 7-player [5E]

Moir grows tense noticing the transaction slowly going south and tries her best to make out the private conversation happening on the other side of the building.

At the sound of the rustling hay she concentrates really hard in the hopes that their new friend Hovard could receive thoughts, not just send them.

Hey Hovard? If you can, let the others know that there appears to be an ambush in the hay loft, also our elf's friend has a history with Sam and Beautiful. Soemthing about an orphanage?
    Last edited by Mari_Lilac; 2017-08-30 at 12:14 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

On one of the occasional times he found himself glancing at the tiefling to his right, preferring of course the outside edge for himself, he saw the intentness of her look and opened his mind to her thoughts, making sure to keep looking forward so as not to give away the silent communication.

"Of course. Can you tell how many there are in the hayloft? I will let the others know, too. We don't need to...save...any of them if they attack do we?"

He kept his eyes forward, telling in turn everyone what Moir had passed along. There was an ambush from the hayloft, or something there; and, that the associates of the elf were speaking about the orphanage. He kept his thoughts open a moment at the end of each message in case there was more to add. He made sure to keep the words to Lexi short, since she had to concentrate most.
    Last edited by EarthenRite; 2017-08-30 at 01:38 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

I am not sure what is in the hay loft just that something is.
    We should be careful, is all I can tell you, they have either not noticed the sound, or they were expecting it.
    Last edited by Mari_Lilac; 2017-08-30 at 01:37 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGirl

"Tall for a gnome!" Madam Ava's rusty voice, echoed back in a barking and raspy laugh, as she made her way slowly up toward the front. Making certain to keep herself slightly hunched over, and using her borrowed staff, she shuffled closer. "Does that mean ye thought herself was supposed to come up to the height of yer armpit and not yer waist?" she stated as she cackled to herself, trying to distract the elven woman enough to be able to determine something useful about her.

Madam Ava made a show of looking the elf over as she demanded, "Ye are keeping Madam Ava from her task. I was hired to identify, for herself," she tossed her head, indicating Melberta. "Unlike, some traders," she paused and looked over the elf and the humans, "I worry less over the height of a person I've never met, and more about the quality of the goods to be exchanged. Are ye going to pay my fee to send me away or are ye going to allow Madam Ava to complete the work she was hired for?"

5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGirl

The elf turns away from the human who was whispering in her ear, shooing him away with the wave of her wrist. He takes a step back, but remains only a few paces from the elven woman.

"I have nothing to hide, Madame Ava." The elf woman snaps her fingers and the human man who is closest to you steps forward, producing a large sack from behind him. It looks large enough to hold a dragon's egg. The bag is noticeably weighted down and has something ovular inside.

"I'll need you to put the diamonds down in the middle of the room while you look it over. I'm sure you understand..."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quite understandable.

Lexi hands the bag of diamonds to Adrian. Would you mind placing these in the center of the room and staying near them till Madam Ava gives us the all clear?

Lexi then turns to Sam. Why don't you give Madam Ava a hand? She doesn't move as easily as some of us. As Sam passes her Lexi whispers see if you can slip the pin on the egg holder.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGirl

Madam Ava nods absently, keeping her gaze on the pack being set down before her. She waves toward Melberta, in an off hand manner, implying that she has nothing to do with payment. Tensions are high on both sides, it's possible that she'll need to have confirmation faster than her usual ritual will allow. She removes her earring, and slips one of the pearls off the golden hoop, before she reattaches the familiar jewelry.

"When I have yer permission to begin, ye need only step away from the pack, handsome," she gives the young rogue a bold wink, and a toothy grin, revealing her blackened teeth.

8. - Top - End - #158

BardGirl

As Lexi hands over the diamonds to Adrian, the man with the bag, which presumably holds the egg, walks to the center of the room and sets it down.

At this, the man leaning against the wall stands straight up and spits some chew onto the barn floor. "Look here, Bullseye Bailee here is no fool," he motions to the elf, "And neither are we. We worked hard obtaining this egg for your buyer. If you think I'm gonna stand by over here while you have the egg and this fella stands right next to the money, you got another thing comin'." At this the burly man pulls a large axe out and takes a few steps forward.

The rogue who just set down the egg winks back at Talia.
    Last edited by apheline; 2017-08-30 at 03:03 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Looking towards Adrian.

No need to be hasty. Go ahead and step back. Just be ready to retrieve it, if Axel here gets grabby here. Looking to the Elf neither wants to be cheated. You understand.

10. - Top - End - #160

RedWizardGuy

Adrian nods, placing the 'diamonds' down on the floor, and backing up a few feet. Though one arm is occupied by his shield, the other hand is clearly fidgeting, ready to grab something.

11. - Top - End - #161

BardGirl

The burly man lowers his axe, but does not put it away, his eyes fixed on Adrian. The man who set down the bag steps back two paces and motions to Talia that she may examine it.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGirl

"How's on old woman supposed to concentrate, with handsome men popping out of the woodwork," Madam Ava muttered to herself, as she untied the flap of the pack to reveal the contents. "If I were a century younger, I'd be celebrating a lucrative business exchange with one of these fine specimen." She held the pearl in her right hand as she used her left to brush over the surface. Letting her fingers feel the texture and temperature as she looked over the item with a critical gaze. It would be better if she didn't need to use the spell, but if her own knowledge wasn't enough she'd sacrifice one of her pearls to be able to properly identify the item.

13. - Top - End - #163

BardGirl

When Talia opens the sack, you see an egg about the size of a person's head. It is a bright green and glints in the dim moonlight.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGirl

Squatting beside the egg, while running her hands over it, Madam Ava turns her head toward Lexi. "Aye!" she called out as she slowly stood. She refastened the flap and shuffled to the side and slightly in front of the egg. "If ye have need of Madam Ava's services, get word to Kalim Hill in Mulmaster. The Old Fart knows how to reach out," she stated before she turned, and started making her way back to the wagon.

15. - Top - End - #165

BardGirl

The elf woman, presumably called Bullseye Bailee, nods and says, "If everything checks out, we'll be taking our payment."

The man who put down the egg walks over to the diamonds cautiously.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Firbolg in the Playground

Beautiful makes eye contact with the person who seems to have been one of her orphans. "You all seem like a fun bunch of people. Hopefully our paths will cross again soon." She makes the gesture of someone dipping a tea bag into hot water.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Colossus in the Playground

Sam (following the plan) assists with the transfer of the egg. As they're helping, though, their hand slips slightly, and they grab onto the nearest person (who just so happens to be form the other party) for assistance, sneakily slipping the pin on while they do. Sorry-and thanks, they say as they get back into position.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    18 Sleight of Hand, rolled OOCly.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168

BardGirl

The man who had been winking with Talia helps Sam back up and then picks up the bag of diamonds nodding and smiling at the group -- mostly Talia.

He walks back to the elf woman, who makes an exaggerated bow in your direction. At that, her group all begin to walk toward the back of the barn.

19. - Top - End - #169

Beholder

Raising an eyebrow as they depart, he once again makes the mental connection to Moir.

"Those diamonds are fake, yes?"
    Last edited by EarthenRite; 2017-09-01 at 12:25 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170

BardGirl

As you turn to leave and Hovard asks about the diamonds, A voice interrupts you, and a tough-looking half-orc male brandishing a mace appears in the doorway of the barn. “The toll for passage out of this barn is that egg. I’m sure you will hand it over peacefully so I don’t have to take your lives instead.”

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Feeling, more than hearing, Hovard's question Moir grows tenser again, after relaxing a little at the sight of the departing businessmen

So we are lead to believe, yes

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Lexi watches as Sam retrieves the egg and the other party head towards the back of the barn. Breathing an internal sigh of relief, Lexi removed her hand from the tie on one of the many bag strung around her belt. She hated leaving Mito her enchanted fix sleeping in his bag all the time, but it was such a pain to get him back in the bag when it was time to go. No to mention he did not listen very well and Terralin did not get along with him. Thankfully thing seemed to have hone well and the mayhem had been avoided!

Turning to leave Lexi is startled by the appearance of an orc. Looks like we are going to have a little mayhem after all!
    Last edited by CinLee; 2017-09-01 at 12:31 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

I understand you are a big boy, but a dragon egg omelet still feels excessive to me

I am sure I speak for all of us when I say that threats usually do not get me into a cooperative mood

She draws both her shortswords before continuing

By my count you are outnumbered, so how about you sweeten the deal, I am not sure you can deliver on your first offer
    Last edited by Mari_Lilac; 2017-09-01 at 03:57 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174

BardGirl

The half-orc man can't help but grin as you mention he is outnumbered. "Outnumbered, eh?"

At this, you hear the sound of foot falls on the old, wooden floor behind you as if two people had just dropped down from the hayloft.

The half-orc continues, "So, it's come to our attention that you ain't been properly welcomed into Phlan yet. We are the Welcomers and we're just here for the egg." He looks at each of you in turn, So, what'll it be? Hand over the egg or play rough with us? The choice is yours."

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

I understand that half-orcs being stupid is more than a bit of a stereotype, but by my calculations even with your buddies you are still outnumbered, so I have to say you are proving it true.

I for one do not appreciate being bullied around by someone who can't even count, so I vote we welcome ourselves to Phlan.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGirl

Madam Ava turns back around as an unfamiliar voice startles her. The sudden sound causes her a startling jolt and the divine energy bursts away from her. "Rats," she sighs, as the column of divine fire surrounds the half-orc. Seeing the half-orc makes her wish for her mace and shield. They, however, are back in the wagon which she is not yet near enough to reach.

"Did I not tell you, Madam Ava hates to be startled?" she demanded as she glared at everyone.

Spoiler: Sacred Flame
    Show
    Last edited by willowedc; 2017-09-01 at 01:07 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177

BardGirl

The half-orc jumps back with surprising alacrity. He looks at Talia angrily and draws two daggers from his waste. "Fine, if that's how it's gonna be!"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    At this point, it'll be time to roll initiative.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGirl

"How it's going to be? You young jacknapse! It was not I that startled myself, by popping up out of the woodwork! And I've hardly just arrived to Phlan! If you are going to threaten and steal, at least know your mark or your nothing but an opportunistic brigand destined to end your life in a ditch!" she roared at him as she pointed a long tanned finger at him. "I am a third party, you dodged being stricken by divine fire so in my eyes we are even. Now let me pass or face my wrath," she snarled.

Spoiler: Intimidation
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179

BardGirl

The half-orc sneers, "I was going to let you live if you handed over the egg. Now, you are dead, old woman."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler: Init
    Show
    (1d20+3)[19]

Y'all gonna want to reconsider this, Sam drawls out, drawing their rapier.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show